自転車の盗難10年以上前に起きた出来事を思い出した

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 彼女の話を聞いて10年以上も前の事を思い出した。
  • 我家の玄関先から自転車が盗まれたのだ。
  • その自転車の調子は以前から悪くなってきており、どう処分しようかと迷っていた時だったので、逆に助かったと思った。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文の添削をお願いします。(自転車の盗難 1)

英作文の添削をお願いします。(自転車の盗難 1) 1.彼女の話を聞いて10年以上も前の事を思い出した。 Her topics reminded me something that had occurred more than 10 yeas ago. 2.我家の玄関先から自転車が盗まれたのだ。 I had my bicycle stolen from outside the front door. 3.その自転車の調子は以前から悪くなってきており、どう処分しようかと迷っていた時だったので、逆に助かったと思った。 As it was very old bicycle, it had been uncomfortable one to ride on and sometimes had happened out of order. Therefore I thought, "I'm lucky. From now on I don't need to think how I throw it away." 4.ところが二、三日経った夕方、ある女性から、彼女宅近くの空地に自転車があり、私のではないかと電話を頂いた。 But the evening after few days after, one woman called me and said. "I discovered the bicycle in the open space near my house and I wonder if it is yours." 5.どうも自転車につけたネームプレートを見たらしい。 May be she knew my name and telephone number from attached plate on my bicycle. 6.見知らぬ人に処分を頼む分けにもいかず、とりに行く事にした。 I couldn't ask unknown woman to throw it away, decided to go and fetch the bicycle. 添削文を暗記し、英会話クラブでのスピーチに活用したいと思います。高尚な文章ではなく、初、中級者に理解されやすい事に重点を置きたいと思っています。どうぞ宜しく、お願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数8

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • kanasan39
  • ベストアンサー率52% (11/21)
回答No.1

1-彼女の話はher topicとは普通言わないですね。単純にher storyで大丈夫です。 what she told me...でもいいし、いろいろ考えられますね。 remindとofはセットと覚えていいと思います。なので、reminded me of...になりますね。 2-玄関先から、はfromを使いたくなる気持ちはわかるのですが、atが適当です。 I had my bicycle stolen at the front porch of our house. ではどうですか? 3-全体的に手直しが必要ですね。 The bicycle has been getting old and I was thinking of giving it up, so I rather thought of myself lucky imaginating that I do not have to take the trouble to throw it away. ではどうでしょうか? 4-discoverは大げさなのでfoundでいいでしょう。   But on one evening, a couple of days after that, 以下あなたの文で 5-she knew my name はshe found my nameのほうがいいでしょう。 6-I had no choice but fetch it myself.で十分通じると思いますよ。 初級、中級者を対象にしてるのですね。難しい単語や言い回しは避けたつもりです。 参考までに。

myeigo4649
質問者

お礼

早速のご回答ありがとうございます。 1.>reminded me of...になりますね。 全く気がつきませんでした。辞書を見ると about でも良いみたいですね。 2.>I had my bicycle stolen at the front porch of our house. ではどうですか? porch of our house のほうが「玄関先」の雰囲気的に合っていると思います。ただ私の家は玄関先駐車場に未だ屋根がなくて … 。それでも良いでしょうか(屋根の取付穴は用意されている)。 3.The bicycle has ⇒ had that I do not have to ⇒ didn’t ですよね。 今後とも宜しくお願いします。(出来れば「自転車の盗難 2」も)

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

>>1.>過去完了にする必要はありません >>ちょっと納得できません。なぜでしょうか? 申し訳ありませんでした。確かに過去完了が一番ふさわしいかと思いますが、native speakerでしたら、こういった場合は過去完了でも、普通の過去形でもいいという人が多いように思います。 例えばGoogleで"reminded me of something that happened"と調べたら、結果として655,000件がでますが、"reminded me of something that had happened"と調べたら、19,700 件しかない出ないのです。この結果を比べたら、過去形を使っている人の方が多いということが分かります。 仮説にすぎないのですが、おそらく関係代名詞と組み合わせているので普通の過去形の方を好むのではないでしょうか?私もnative speakerの「勘」だけで考えたら、どちらでも正しいような気がしますが、厳密に言えば過去完了の方が適切でしょう。 もし混乱させてしまったらごめんなさい。

myeigo4649
質問者

お礼

納得しました。有難うございます。

回答No.3

1.Her topics reminded me something that had occurred more than 10 yeas ago. Her story reminded me of something that occurred more than 10 years ago. 過去完了にする必要はありませんので、 hadはなくてもいいです。 2.我家の玄関先から自転車が盗まれたのだ。 I had my bicycle stolen from outside the front door. My bicycle was stolen の方が自然なんですが、上の文でも特に問題はないです。 3.As it was very old bicycle, it had been uncomfortable one to ride on and sometimes had happened out of order. Therefore I thought, "I'm lucky. From now on I don't need to think how I throw it away." Because it was an old bicycle and sometimes broke down I had been wondering how to get rid of it, so I actually felt lucky that it was stolen! 4.But the evening after few days after, one woman called me and said. "I discovered the bicycle in the open space near my house and I wonder if it is yours." But one evening a few days later a woman called me and said that she had found by bicycle in the vacant lot near her house. 人が言った台詞を直接言うよりは間接的に言った方が英語では自然なのです。 5May be she knew my name and telephone number from attached plate on my bicycle. It seems that she got my name and telephone number off of the registration plate on the bicycle. 6I couldn't ask unknown woman to throw it away, decided to go and fetch the bicycle. I couldn't ask a stranger to throw the bike away for me, so I decided to go and fetch it.

myeigo4649
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございました。 1.>過去完了にする必要はありません ちょっと納得できません。なぜでしょうか? 4.>人が言った台詞を直接言うよりは間接的に言った方が英語では自然なのです。 なる程!日本語でもそうですよね。 6.辞書を見るとunknown〔未知の〕、stranger〔なじみのない〕とあります。比較するとstrangerの方が適切ですね。 今後とも宜しくお願いします。自転車の盗難2 でもお気づきの点をご教授願願えれば、と思います。

• kanasan39
  • ベストアンサー率52% (11/21)
回答No.2

先ほど回答したものです。 imaginationingとミススペルのまま出してしまいましたね^^; すみませんでした。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。(自転車の盗難2)

英作文の添削をお願いします。(自転車の盗難2) 7.私の車は小さいので自転車を積むことが出来ず、歩いて行く事にした。 My car was too small to get on bicycle, I decided I'll go there on foot. 8.夕方なので主人を「散歩を一緒に」と誘った。 As it was evening, I asked my husband stroll together. 9.所が彼女の家と自転車の場所がわからず、一時間ほども掛かってすっかり疲れてしまった。 It was hard to find out her house and open space where reportedly my bicycle was left. Because it took almost 1 hour, we completely exhausted. 10.帰りも不要になった自転車を引きずりながら、疲れた体に鞭打ち徒歩で帰ってきた。 In addition, our way back home, we had to drag unnecessary bicycle to our home urging a tired body. 11.正直な話、私にとってありがた迷惑な親切であった。 I confess that that was unwelcome favor. 12.処分方法を考えねばならないだけでなく、過度の慰労と無駄な出費、即ちお礼のビール缶6缶の代金と気楽な散歩と思い込んでいた為に不満一杯の夫をなだめる為のアイス代を生じたのだから … 。 Not only worrying again how throw it away, but suffering exhaustion and surplus expenditure. Surplus expenditure ? these were 6 beer can by way of appreciation and ice cream in order to appease my husband who felt sure that fetch would be comfortable walking. 添削文を暗記し、英会話クラブでのスピーチに活用したいと思います。高尚な文章ではなく、初、中級者に聞いて理解されやすい事に重点を置きたいと考えています。どうぞ宜しく、お願い致します。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします!

今年大学受験をするものですが、宅浪なので英作文の添削をしてくれる人がいません。なので添削をお願いします。 テーマ:自分の失敗とその失敗から学んだことを100字以内で書け When I was fourteen. I bought a cell phone. As soon as I use it, I liked to call my friends on it. One day, I called one of my friends loudly on my cell phone in the train. I did not realize that I was annoying other people on board. then the woman sitting by me said to me that you should hang up your phone and pay more attention to people around you. After she scolded me, Iwas ashamed of my attitude and learnedthe importance of cosidering other people from this experience.

• 英作文の添削を

課題で、"A Part-time Job for Me"というタイトルの英作文をしました。 文法的な間違いや、不自然な表現がなく、ちゃんと意味が通るかどうか不安なので、添削をしていただきたいと思い、投稿しました。 よろしくお願いします。 I don’t work part-time now.   Because I’m very busy with study now and I cannot find an offer of a part-time job that condition conforms to me, nearby my house. However, it is not that I don't work at all.  My relative sometimes asks me to mow the grass of the field and vacancy.  And she asks me help with the final income tax return at the end of the year.  Another relative, cannot use computer, sometimes asks me to make documents with a Microsoft Office Word.  The member of a municipal assembly of the acquaintance’s husband of my father asks me to create his Website.  The reward of these work is more expensive than the wage of the general part-time job.  However, there are few incomes because there is little work. I will want to do work of distributing mails at the post office in next winter vacation if I work part-time.  I've ever done this work when I was a tenth grader, and this work was pleasant.  And there is a post office near my house.  I can go there by bicycle in about thirty minutes. It is not suitable to deliver mails for me.  When I worked once to deliver mails by bicycle, I took time very much to finish work because I cannot ride a motor bicycle.  So I delivered it by bicycle.  But I ran slow by bicycle.  And I wasn’t good to learn the route very much.   Therefore the vice-postmaster changed my work into distributing mails.  This work was easier than delivering mails.  It was worm in post office and I was able to have confectionery, oranges, juice and for a break.  But my wage was higher than the other part-time worker because the wage of the postman was applied even after work changed because at first I was adopted as the postman that is higher wage than worker of distributing mails.  So I was able to work easily and get much money.

• 英作文の添削

英作文の添削をお願いします。詳しく添削してもらうとありがたいです。 テーマ;修学旅行で海外に行く学校が増えている。それについての賛否。  I agree with the increasing trend that students go on aschool trips abroad. You may say that it is too expensive for most parents to afford to have their children go abroad. However, in my opinion, it is more valuable than saving money. as globalazation becomes more common, we must develop views toward various cultures and thoughts. school trips abroad is a chance to interact people different from culture, creed and so on.

• 英作文

学校の課題で、"My High School Days"という題で英作文をしました。 文法的な間違いや、不自然な部分等あると思いますので、添削していただこうと、質問させていただきました。 よろしくお願いいたします。 I went attended ABC High School. This school was founded in 1961 by Taro Oda. It is co-education now. But it was a boys' school before 1994, DEF girl's High School was next to it. They merged it in 1994 and became ABC High School. It has generally course only now. But generally course has three courses, A course, B course and C course. When I was senior, there were 48 classes in this school, and more than 1,700 students were studying in this school. I belonged to B course. In the B course, we studied aiming at entrance to school to the university. I and my friends always went to the school by bicycle. I was doing it for exercise and a saving. It takes me about fifty minutes from my home to the school. My favorite subject is civics. I liked the modern society in particular. My best friends in high school were Yuichi Masuda, Yoshitaka Ito and Toshimitsu Kato. We used to go to Miyawaki Bookstore or Book Square in Matsusaka after school by bicycle. It was late that I always arrived at the house because these bookstores were long way from my house. I belonged to the rugby club. But I have never play rugby. Because my teacher made me and my friend the member of the club by force to direct our life and to let me study. So we studied mathematics in the teacher's room while other members did club activities. My impressive teacher was Mr. Ishimoto. He was my teacher when I was junior, and teacher was mathematics and rugby club. He was severe, grim and strong.  Therefore I and my friends could not disobey. If we had not good exam result, he punched us. So my friends studied English and mathematics very hard. But I knew his good point. He always thought about students. Therefore he was very strict with us. It will not still change.

• 添削お願いします

・The factor to buy the product is values, convenience, and favorites. For example, I bought bicycle that had red color because I like red. And my bicycle was the popular style for women like it has big basket and cute design, so I saved money and bought it. 「商品を買うときの要因は価値観・利便性・お気に入りかどうか。例えば、私は赤色が好きなので赤色の自転車を購入した。そして私の買った自転車はカゴが大きいや可愛らしいデザインなど女性に人気のタイプのもので、私はお金を貯めて購入した」 *そこまでフォーマルな言い方で英文でなくても大丈夫です。 (例えばhoweverなど) こちらの英文を添削お願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

できるだけ早くこの手紙にお返事いただければ幸いです。 I would appreciate it if you could reply to this letter as early as possible. 視野を広げるために、一人旅に出ることをお勧めします。 I suggest that you had better travel alone in order to be able to look at various things from various direction. 先日、人に勧められて高品質なイヤホンを1組買いました。(高価なものなので最初は買うのをためらっていたのですが、先週の水曜日にインターネットで注文してしまいました。今ではもっと早く買えばよかったと思っています。) ※()内を和訳せよ At first I hadn't wanted to buy it because it was expensive, but I asked to deliver it on the Internet last Wednesday. Now I think I should have buy it earlier. 以上3つの添削をお願いします できれば10点満点で点数をつけていただけると嬉しいです

• 英作文の添削

英作文の添削をお願いします。 我が家の古いピアノには懐かしい思い出がたくさん詰まっている。5 歳からピアノを始めた娘たちもすっかり大人になり、今や誰も弾ひかなくなった。しかし、なかなか処分する気にはなれない。そういうピアノを買い取って再生させる会社があるらしい。プロの手で修理すれば、また美しい音を奏でることができるという。 There are a lot of nostalgic memories with an old piano in my house. My daughters, who started playing piano from 5 years old, had already become adults and none of us play the piano now. However I can’t decide to dispose of it. I hear that there is a company which buys pianos like our piano and renews them. If such pianos are fixed by professionals, the fixed pianos seem to make good sounds again. よろしくお願いします。  

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

自由英作文の添削をよろしくお願いします。 テーマ:いじめに対するアドバイス 条件 ・150words以上 ・3パラグラフ構成以上 ・序論・本論・結論が明確であること。 These days, the problem of bulling is often picked up on the TV program. Some students choose to kill themselves because they feel that they have no another choice to solve the problem. Other students ceased to go to school and study at home. Still others rely on their parents and their parents speak to child’s teacher or the principal and ask them to tell bully to stop bulling. In my opinion, the best way for being bullied students to solve the problem is just continuing to go to school. Of course, I can understand that their parents worry about child’s safety. However, if parents tell them not to go to school, students never change their thought. In my experience, I did go to school when I was bullied, even though I wanted to quit the school or kill myself. But now, I think it was a good experience for my long life. Since I had been mentally injured a lot, I got my heart strong and when my friends or people related me are in trouble, I can give them more proper advice than other people who had never been bullied. For this reason, even if you feel miserable or feel like killing yourself now, you should go to school. This makes you stronger and some day it will be a good experience for you. (226 words) 結論が短いため主張が弱いとは思うものの、文章展開の仕方や肉付けがうまくできていませんが アドバイスや指摘などいただけるとありがたいです。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

非常に拙い文章ですみません。 明らかにヘンなところだけでもOKですので、添削していただければ助かります。 ここはこう言った方がかっこいい!とかも嬉しいです。 私としては特に、「この状態では完璧に仕事をこなすことができないと思い」のところが不安です。 このままでは「仕事を全くこなすことができない」にとれませんか? I had learned Italian language in Italy before. After I have returned to Japan in 2007, I worked in an office where I helped candidates who want to study various arts in Italy. For this work, I could use mainly Italian language to communicate with staffs of the art school in Italy, but then it was also necessary writing and sometimes also speaking English because of various nationalities of candidates and students. Since I had learned English at university I can use it anyway. But I think that I couldn’t be useful perfectly in this situation so I left my job. Then I looked for other jobs which proper to me, but in Japan many works which are related to Italy require also ability of English. For this reason I decided to learn it seriously. I believe learning English will be much help for me.