手を顔の前で振るジェスチャーについてのお話

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 日本では時々、人々が手を顔の前で振ることがあります。
  • 私がカナダから日本に初めて来た時、私の日本語はあまり上手ではありませんでした。
  • ある日、私はとても喉が痛かったので、地元の薬局に薬を買いに行きました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

訳して下さい。

訳して下さい。 お願いします。 In japan,sometimes people wave their hand in front of their face.I have a little story about this Gesture.When i first came to japan from Canada,my japanese was not so good.One day,i had a very sore throat,so i went to a local Drugstore to buy some medicine.I looked around for medicine in the Drugstore,but of course,i could not read anything.An old man came out from the back,so i was relieved.I tried to explain to him that my throat really hurt and even touched it. I said,Do you have any medicine for a sore throat?He waved his hand in front of his face.It made me angry.Finally I waked out of the store.I said to myself,Why did he tell me to go away?Coudn not he see that I was sick? I went home angrily and drank tea with honey.Later I leaned that the shopowner probably meant, I do not understand.However,in Camada and the USA this kind of hand-waving is a very rude and sometimes dangerous gesture.It means,GO AWAY or I do not want to talk to you.

noname#112082
noname#112082
  • 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tkltk73
  • ベストアンサー率54% (171/315)
回答No.4

日本では人が顔の前で手を振ることがある。このジェスチャーについてはちょっとした逸話がある。カナダから来日した当初、私は日本語がうまく話せなかった。ある日、喉に痛みを覚えたので地元の薬局へ入って薬を買おうとした。店の中で探したが、もちろん日本語を見ても意味がわからない。店の奥からおじさんが出てきたので、助かったと思った。私は喉がとても痛いと説明しようとした。喉に手を添えることまでした。「喉の痛みに効く薬はありませんか」と私は英語で言った。おじさんは顔の前で手を振った。私は腹が立った。結局は店を出た。「どうして出て行けなんて言ったんだ。私が病気なのがわからなかったのか」私は腹立たしい思いをしながら自宅へ戻り、ハチミツ入りのお茶を飲んだ。後になってわかったことだ。店主は「私にはわかりません」と言いたかったのだ。でも、カナダやアメリカでこういう手の振り方をすればとても失礼だし、危険なことにもなりかねない。このジェスチャーは「あっちへ行け」や「あなたとは話したくない」という意味なのだ。

その他の回答 (4)

回答No.5

訳はすでに出ているもので大丈夫です。全体の意味が同じであれば、多少の差は気にしなくて構いません。 が、ひとつ質問者さまに聞きたいことがあります。この文章って、カナダ人が書いた物ですか??  英語を話す人が書いた文章にしては、チョット文法や単語が幼稚かな・・・と思うのですが。 個人的に知りたいだけなので、「英語を話す人が書いた物なのか、そうでないのか」を教えてください。お願いします。

• NNNN3
  • ベストアンサー率29% (13/44)
回答No.3

非常にざっくりした訳ですが。。 日本人はたまに顔の前で手を振る仕草をする。 このジェスチャーに関してまじでむかつく思い出がある。 私がカナダから日本にきてすぐの頃、日本語が全然分からなかった。 ある日めっちゃ喉が痛かったので、ドッラッグストアにいって薬を買いにいった。探してみたものの、当然何も日本語が全然読めないので、途方に暮れていたところ、店員のおっちゃんが来てくれたので安心した。 自分は喉がめちゃくちゃ、触れるのさえヤバいくらいに痛い旨を彼に(英語で)説明しようとした。「喉が痛いのに効く薬はありませんか?」と尋ねたところ、彼は(英語が分からないので)顔の前で手を振った。 まじむかついた。 あまりにむかついたので店から飛び出した。 「なんであのおっさん、俺にあっちへ行けなんて言ったのだろう。俺が具合悪そうなの知っていたはずなのに。。」とぶつくさ文句を言った。 ムカムカしながら帰宅し、ママが作ったはちみつ入りの紅茶を飲んだ。 ずいぶん後になって、その店主の仕草は私には理解できない意味があったのだと知った。 しかし、カナダやアメリカでは、このような手を振る仕草は非常に失礼で、時に危険な仕草である。 それは「あっち行ってくれ」または「おまえとは話したくない」って感じの意味となる。 ※仕草は国により異なることを許容できずに、自国が一番だと思って上から目線で話すムカつく文章ですなぁ。。

回答No.2

精訳が必要な部分があればそこの英文のみをペーストしてください。

回答No.1

日本では、しばし、顔の前で手をなびかせる。私はこのジェスチャーについての話を少し知っている。私がはじめてカナダから日本に来た時、私の日本はそれほど良いものではなかった。ある日、私は喉がとても痛くなったので、薬を買うため近くの薬局に行った。私は薬を捜し歩いたが、もちろん、なにもよく事はできなかった。老人が後ろから来て、私は安心した。私は初老に本当に痛いと説明した。私は言った「のどの痛みの為の薬はありますか?」と。すると彼は顔の前で手を振った。私は怒り、ついに、店を出た。自問自答した。彼はなぜ私を店から出したのか?私が病気だから?私は怒りのまま家に帰り、ハニーとお茶を飲んだ。その後、店主からおそらくの意味を聞いた。私は理解できなかった。しかしながら、カナダとアメリカっっではこの種類のての振り方は本当に無礼でしばし、危険な動作になる。その意味とは出ていけもしくはお前なんかとは話をしたくないということになるのだ。 急いでやったので変な所になっているかもしれません。申し訳ないです。

関連するQ&A

• 雑誌の記事です。ビン・ラディン氏

皆さんこんにちは!So not以下の日本語訳を教えて下さい。 The purpose of al-Qaeda was to take jihad to other parts of the globe and eventually to the U.S., the nation he believed was leading a Western conspiracy to destroy true Islam. In the 1990s bin Laden would often describe America as the head of the snake. His best friend told me bin Laden was driven not only by a desire to implement what he saw as God's will but also by a fear of divine punishment if he failed to do so. So not defending Islam from what he came to believe was its most important enemy would be disobeying God, something he would never do. 原文では、So notのnotだけが斜体で書かれています。 what he came to believeはa Western conspiracyのことだと思いますが、西側諸国の陰謀からイスラムを守らないことは・・・? So 主語 was not defending・・・を倒置して So not defending・・・was 主語になっているのか? これ以上分からなくてお手上げです。 自信をもって回答できる方教えて下さい。宜しくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean and I wanted to do something, we wanted to be part of the 12.12.12 concert but we ran it by Scott [Weiland] and he didn't want to do it. I think he was already booked to actually go back and do Starland at the time [his shows were rescheduled to other venues in December of 2012]. He was doing the solo stuff and [because of that] we didn't have the chance to go back. That's pretty fucking frustrating man. So to come back here now and re-open this, it means a lot. It's a really big deal for Dean and I.” Stone Temple Pilots fired Weiland in February and Chester Bennington replaced him in May.

• 日本語のセンスのある方和訳をお願いします

My tardiness in answering your letter was not due to press of business. Do not listen to that sort of excuse; I am at liberty, and so is anyone else who wishes to be at liberty. No man is at the mercy of affairs. He gets entangled in them of his own accord, and then flatters himself that being busy is a proof of happiness.

• 長文ですがどなたか翻訳をお願いします。

翻訳できる方がいらっしゃいましたらよろしくお願いします。 The school he went to was dictatorial and wealthy. It was an elaborate artistic building. Possibly one that was founded by a Princess or named after a Princess and bore her image, or arms, or monument and dedication in the building. It was not a school that will appear in the annals of history though, or ever be famous, nothing special. But it was well thought of in the local community and a school to aspire towards there. So I suppose you could say he had a good schooling in that respect. A school that may have had a traditional outlook. In his schooldays he gained physical health and strength. Though his in his early years he was not so strong. As a pupil he has a good memory, but was introspective, and held himself back not always doing the best he could have done in his lessons. His family would have helped him as much as they could at school, and to get a good education. but he may later have forgotten the help he owes to them. He would have had musical or singing ability; good at history, gambling. politics, figures and sports. Town planning and technical drawing. Once he adapted to the school he got well with the other children and way of life. At school he was an achiever, who adapted to change, and began to find a little of his adult charisma and ability to succeed, so was bound eventually to get on at whatever he chose to do. He also became proficient there in making excuses and telling lies to extricate himself from difficult or punishing situations.

• 英語の文法ミス教えてください 至急

1 My most favorite character in this book is Finkle. He is a religious man and lives in loneliness. The reason why he was absorbed in his religion was he could not belong anywhere in social world. He had never loved anyone, and he had lived without knowledge of himself. He said in a strained manner, "that I came to God not because I love Him, but because I did not." He had to believe the god because he did not have any ideas what he should rely on. I like Finkle because I easily feel empathy to him. 2 This question is a kind of tricky. I believe that Salzman was saying “Jewish prayer for the Dead” because Salzman said "Like an animal. Like a dog. For her to be poor was a sin. This is why to me she is dead now." This implies that his daughter must have committed something sin, and Salzman was ashamed of it. That is why Salzman regarded his daughter as a dead. So Salzman said that phrase for Finkle and Stella. 3 I believe that Salzman engineered the meeting between Finkle and Stella. As a father, Salzman wants Stella to get marriage to someone. However, Salzman thought that Salzman was a sinful person. So nobody wants to get marriage to Stella. So Salzman just manipulate Salzman to get marriage to Stella.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) I took the fist turn to the right at the Medical Records Dept. and made my way along the corridor, but it came to a dead end, so I turned around and headed toward the entrance. But I was so frightened and it was so smoky that I got lost. I remember turning to the right somewhere and getting to the door of some room,but I have no idea where I was. I sat down in front of the door and desperately called out for help again and again. Finally a man heard me. He came over to help me, took me by the hand and led me to the entrance.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

I used to do YOGA every day a couple of years ago, so my body was pretty flexible and fit. I was healthy. However I was getting less interested doing YOGA. Instead I started going jogging three days a week. About the same time, I started to have too much appetite. I could not stop eating until I get full in every meal. In spite of I do jogging, I ended up getting so much weight and to have big tummy. I will DO brush up on YOGA for my body and I am going to eat less little by little.

• 英語を日本語に訳して貰えますか?

友人から来たメールの文章ですが、なんとなくしか理解出来ません…。英語が堪能な方に訳して頂きたいです…。 Me if i think to marry my EX-boyfriend...in one point i did . but thank god i did not ..he really was not a good boy.he was a evil boss like character..so what he say or nothing! .....he try to control me always ......... and he never care if i need it to finish a project .. so that how she was... ) but now i am by my self and is good but i feel lonely.. and that how i feel now !

• 英文日記を添削していただけますか(^^)   

英文日記を書きました。初心者なので、特に文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^)   Friday, March 10, 2006 It was sunny today. I had a bad headache in this morning, so I did nothing at all what I was going to do today. There wasn't a medicine for a headache so I went out buying it and drank it in the evening. A little time later, the medicine cured my headache and I became to feel rather good. I thought that I should have drunk it earlier!!

• The Seal Who Became FamousのMoralの解説

The Seal Who Became Famous A SEAL who lay basking on large, smooth rock said to himself: all I ever do is swim. None of the other seals can swim any better than I can, he reflected, but, on the other hand, they can all swim just as well. The more he pondered the monotony and uniformity of his life, the more deoressed he became. That night he swam away and joined a circus. Within two years the seal had become a great balancer. He could balance lamps, billiard cues, medicine balls, hassocks, taborets, dollar cigars, and anything else you gave him. When he read in a book a reference to the Great Seal of the United States, he thought it meant him. In the winter of his third year as a performer he went back to the large, smooth rock to visit his friends and family. He gave them the Big Town stuff right away: the latest slang, liquor in a golden flask, zippers, a gardenis in his lapel. He blanced for them everything there was on the rock to balance, which was not much. When he had run through his repertory, he asked the other seals if they could do what he had done and they all said no. "O.K.," he said. " Let is see you do something I can not do." Since the only thing they could do was swim, they all plunged off the rock into the sea. The circus seal plunged right after them, pair of seventeen-dollar shoes, that he began to founder at once. Since he hadn't been in swimming for three years, he had forgot what to do with his fippers and tail, and he went down for the third time before the other seals could reach him. They gave him a simple but dignified funeral. Moral:Whom God has equpped with fippers should not mon-key arround with zippers. The Seal Who Became FamousのMoralの解説をしないといけないのですが、 良く分らないのです・・・文章の意味は大体分ったんですが・・・ 宜しくお願いします。