彼は煙草をやめてからとても太って、今では体重が75キロもあるそうだ。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 禁煙後に太って体重が75キロになった彼について
  • 煙草をやめてから体重が増えた彼の現在の体重について
  • 煙草をやめたことによって太ってしまった彼の話
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文添削をお願いします。

高校英語です。よろしくお願いします。 1、彼は煙草をやめてからとても太って、今では体重が75キロもあるそうだ。  It seems that he weighs seventy-five kios now because he has been fat since he stopped smoking. 2、海外で日本について研究している人は少なくないし、日本人以上に日本のことを知っている外国人は決して珍しくない。  Not a few people study about Japan in a foreign country and a foreigner who knows of Japan better than Japanese is not uncommon. 3、こんな退屈な本になけなしの金をはたかなければよかったと後悔した。  I regretted having spent what little money I had had on this book.

noname#180825
noname#180825
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • nekomac
  • ベストアンサー率43% (162/371)
回答No.1

1. He has put on a lot of weight since he gave up smoking, and I hear his weigh is now 75 kilos. 確かに辞書には「太る」という意味で、fat は載っていますが、会話ではあまり使いません。実際のニュアンスとしては「でぶ」というようなイメージがあります。 2. Not a few people study Japan in foreign countries, and besides it is no uncommon matter that some foreigners are quite familiar with Japan than Japanese. 3. 良いと思います。

noname#180825
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。なるほど、日常ではfatはあまり使わないのですね。 大変参考になりました!ありがとうございました^^

その他の回答 (1)

• nekomac
  • ベストアンサー率43% (162/371)
回答No.2

補足 quite familiar with を more familiar with としても良いと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 正しい英作文かどうか添削してください。

まちがってたらなおしてほしいです。また飛ばしてる場所はわからない場所なんです。おねがいします。 1.「暇なときに窓拭きと部屋の掃除をしてくれない?」「いいよ。今日の午後やるよ」 When free, cleaning of the room is not considered as 窓拭き. 2.彼は修士論文を書き終えたあとは、ニューヨークに在住し働こうと決めていた。 修士論文=master’s thesis He had decided that it lived in New York and he would work, after having finished writing a master paper. 3.「とにかく、今日中に詳細な報告書を作成してもらいたいのだ」「わかりました。できるだけやってみます。」 とにかく=in any case I want to draw up a detailed report by the end of today anyhow. 4.すみません。あなたの感情を害するつもりはなかったのです。2度とそんなことは言いません。 害する=hurt I am sorry. He did not plan to have hurt your feeling. 2 times and such a thing do not say. 5.「この週末はどのようにお過ごしですか?」「海から遠くない小さなホテルで家族と過ごすつもりです。」 How is it over a fault this weekend? 6.5分のところでバスに乗れなかった。次のバスまで1時間またなければならないので、タクシーで家に帰ることにした。 ~のところで=by A bus was not able to be taken in the place of 5 minutes. Since 1 hour had to be to the next bus again, it decided to go home by taxi.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

高校英語です。添削をよろしくお願いします。 1、美術館は駅から約十分西へ歩いたところにあります。  The museum is an about ten minutes' walk in the west from the station. 2、彼は高校を出たら大学に進学せずに働きに出ると言っています。  He says that he will not go on to university but work. 3、なぜ医者に言われたように寝ていなかったの? 言うことを聞いていれば2,3日で良くなっただろうに。  Why haven't you slept as the doctor had told you? If you had followed his advice,you would have got well in a few days.

• 英作文の添削

英作文の添削をお願いします ①よい席を取りたかったので、早めに劇場へ行った Since I had taken a good seat, I went to theater. ②通勤列車がとても混んでいたので、ずっと立っていなければならなかった I had standing all the time because commuter train was very crowded. ③父の車は修理してあるので、バスで仕事に行く必要はない Now that my father’s car is repaired,I don’t need go to job by bus. ④彼の家に行ったとき、彼が留守だったのでがっかりした I was disappointed when I went to his house because he was absenced. たくさんありますが、よろしくお願いします

• 英作文教えてください。

次の2問です。(1)はこれでよいでしょうか。 (2)はここまでは考えたのですが、1文で かけません。 (1)いい時間に電話をくれたよ。君に会う    約束を忘れていたよ。 You gave me a timely call. I forgot I had an appointment with you. (2)日本を訪れた外国人が朝の通勤ラッシュを    見てまず驚くのは、日本には、日本人    ばかりがこんなに大勢いるということである。 Foreigners who visit Japan are surprised to see the morning rush hour first. There are a lot of Japanese only like this in Japan. 文法的な間違いがあれば教えてください。 よろしくおねがいします。

• 英作文の添削おねがいします!

英作文(和文英訳)の添削お願いします。間違ってるところ、変なところ等があれば教えてください。直してもらえればありがたいです。 I・アフリカでは数多くの人たちが餓死していると新聞で報じられている。 It is reported in the newspaper that in Africa a lot of people die of hunger. II・家について初めて財布がないのに気がついた。 It was not until I came home that I found I had lost my purse. どうぞよろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 英作文の添削

こんばんは。 英語で文を書く練習をしています。 自分では間違いが分からないので、添削をお願いします。 特に冠詞と、単数にするか複数にするかが苦手だと思っています。 どう訂正すべきかや、別の書き方も意見して下さると、嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。 1 私は海を見るのが大好きである。二、三時間見ていても飽きることがない。→I love gazing at sea. I am not bored for a little hours. 2 お待たせしてすみませんでした。道が混んでいてバスが20分も遅れたものですから。→I'm sorry to have kept you waiting. The road was crowded,so the bus delayed for 20 minutes. 3 多くの日本人は、日本のテレビコマーシャルの方が、アメリカで見られるものよりもずっと面白いと考えている。→Many Japanese think the TV commercial in Japan is much more interesting than that in America. 4 先日、私は子供が桜の木に登っているのを見かけた。彼らはきれいな花のついた枝を折り取ろうとしていた。このようなことは残念ながら珍しいことではない。→The other day,I saw children climbing a blossom tree. They would break off a branch with a beautiful flower. Unfortunately, happenings like this are not rare. 5 私は、あなたに遅れないようについて行くだけのスピードでは走れません。→I can't run at the speed to keep up with you.

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

テレビを見てマスターズのレポートを書く宿題が出ました。自信が無いので添削お願いします。ゴルフのことも良く知らないので困ってます。よろしくお願いします。 タイトル:The First Day The chairman introduced Arnold Palmer to the patrons at the 1st tee. Then Arnold Palmer hit his tee shot to signal the start of the Masters. The game started one hour late because of the fog. There were so many spectators. There were some super shot. At the 16th hole, Ian Poulter hit his tee shot and the ball landed on the green, then the ball rolled into the hole. He got a hole in one. Patrons were very excited. It was his 11th hole in one. At the 12th hole, Zach Johnson, who is the defending champion, hit a ball on the green. The ball landed just beside the hole. At the 1st hole, Phil Mickelson hit his 3rd shot from out side of the course, and surprisingly the ball fell into a hole. He had a birdie on the 1st hole. Tiger Woods wasn’t very good. At the 7th hole, he hit his third shot, the ball landed on the rough, it seemed too strong, but the ball came back to the hole, and it stopped near the hole. At the 13th hole, he hit his second shot, and the shot was very good but the ball didn’t land on the green. He hit the ball to the left side but the ball didn’t get up the hill. At the 14th hole, his tee shot was not good and the ball didn’t land on the fairway. At the 15th hole, on his third shot, he approached the hole and the ball fell into the hole. He had an eagle at the 15th hole. At the 18th hole, he hit a ball on the green by two shots, but it was far from the hole. On the green, he hit the ball, but the ball stopped short of the hole. He had a par. He had one eagle and two bogeys without birdie; his first day score was even par.

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします(>_<)!

題:『あなたの尊敬する人物について』(50words) です(>_<) I respect Kazutoshi Sakurai of a rock band which is Mr.children. He has fascination which are not only music but a wonderful human nature. He holds a charity live in every year and teaches us what should do about global environment. Therefore I want to absorb many things from him. 改善点など添えていただけると幸いです(>_<)

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

子供のころに列車での旅行というのは心躍るものであった。年に一度、夏休みに祖父母の家に行くときには、何時間も列車に乗ると考えただけでわくわくした。今では長距離列車を見ても、子供のころのように気分が高まることはないが、大きな駅のホームに日本各地に向かうさまざまな列車が並んでいる光景は鮮明に覚えているし、発車の瞬間の独特の高揚感を思い出すこともある。 It really excited me to travel by train in my childhood. When I went grand parents' house in summer vacations once a year, even thinking of getting on trains for hours makes me excited. Unlike when I am a child, now I don't feel such feelings when seeing long-trip trains. However, I vividly remember the scenery that there are various trains, which are going to many locations in Japan, in homes of a big station and I sometimes remember the particular excitement when trains start running. in japan in homesというのがどうかと思い、trains to many locations in japan を, which are ~ in Japan, に変えてみましたがどうすればよいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします  

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

英訳に挑んでみました。(文章自体は結構新しいものです) 英語に長ずる方、どうか添削をお願いします。 日本語: 来賓としてあいさつした作家の堺屋太一氏は「大阪から日本を再び世界に冠たる国にしたい。橋下改革で大阪維新を成功させよう」と訴えた。 (朝日新聞より) 自分の英語: Mr.Taichi Sakaya,who is a writer and had greeted everyone as a guest said that"Osaka wants to make Japan a famous country in the world.Let's make the Osaka restoration succeed by Hasimoto's reform !" 個人的にはやはり「大阪から日本を再び世界に冠たる国にしたい。」の部分がかなり気になります。どうしてもなかなか日本語の文意に沿った英訳ができません。 お願いします。