• ベストアンサー

tube-bound

以下に出てくる、tube-bound とは何のことでしょうか?テレビのことでしょうか?お教え下さいませんか。 インターネットやTVゲームにハマる子供の話からです。 To date,the main victim of the net is television. And when kids are online rather than tube-bound, they are reading,thinking,analyzing,criticizing, creating,and composing their thoughts.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • nightowl
  • ベストアンサー率44% (490/1101)
回答No.1

「tube」とはイギリスなどで使われる「テレビ」の意の俗語です(本来は「ブラウン管」から)。 だから「tube-bound」とは「テレビに釘付けになっている」「テレビに夢中」という意味です。 インターネットの登場で子供たちはネットの方を選び、テレビはお払い箱になった、 ということのようですね。

toko0503
質問者

お礼

わぁ、迅速なご回答、ありがとうございました!やっぱりそうでしたか。これですっきりしました。大感謝ですぅ。m(._.)m ペコッ

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 3段落に分けた後半部分となります。 難解な部分も含め、意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Feeling the mans presence around you when he is not there, or sensing his thoughts on you even if you don’t know what those thoughts are, you may feel that he is thinking of you. You may feel just something that your mind cannot quite define or interpret but your own thoughts are frequently drawn towards him in his absence in a strange warm way, as if he too is thinking of you and there as of there is some connection there. Your mind cannot let go of the dream, the feelings the thought, the love that permeates your life at times.

• 速単の一部です

No wonder many perents are discouraged, but they needn't be. By doing simple things like reading to their child, sharing their thinking about what they read, and telling their child stories, they can help develop the foundation needed for children. sharingの後のtheir whatの後のtheir storiesの後のthey この三つは何を指していますか?

• 高校英語和訳お願いします!!

長いですが文は簡単です。確認したいのでお願いいたします。 I'm listening to my 5-year-old read. She's working her way through Syd Hoff's Sammy the Seal. Although she struggles with the word "know," she gets halfway through the book before deciding it's time for a break. I am thrilled with her reading, delighted with her teacher and see this as empirical evidence of my child's geniusThe words "You are so smart" are forming.And then I stop.I don't say them. I am thinking, instead, of the discussion happening around the country about praise and its effects on children. Most American parents feel that children need self-confidence to mature and achieve greatness. And telling kids they are smart is part of the ticket to that future success. Exactly when this notion became part of the American child-rearing scene isn't clear.

• 翻訳希望

以下の英文を翻訳していただけるかたに お願いできますでしょうか? 何卒よろしくお願いいたします。 His Mercury trines your Venus. The combination of the personal planets of Mercury and Venus is a desirable one for an intimate union, and certainly advantageous to any association which requires harmony and collaboration. You enjoy each other's company, finding it easy to co-operate and share your thoughts and experiences. You are compatible. Conversation will have an easy flow when your together and pastimes are fun, free of the restraints that sometimes hamper clear communication. You may share similar tastes in the arts, in design, in objects. Discussions are harmonious between you because you are so often in agreement, including your thoughts on money. You will concur on how money is saved and spent and enjoyed in the relationship or future marriage. You value each other opinions. You find this man mentally inspiring When you are with him you do your best creative works. You have your best ideas. He will help you gain confidence in your opinions and ideas Hen feels able to relax within this relationship knowing that you encourages rather than criticizes him.

• 和訳してください

Accoding to rules of reason , a given conclusion is to be deemed true if , and only if , it flows from a logical sequence of thoughts founded on sound initial premises. Considering matheamatics to be the model of good thinking , philosophers began to search for an approximation of its objective certainties in ethical life too. Thanks to reason , our status could ー philosophers proposed ーbe settled according to an intellectual conscience , rather than being abandoned to the whims and emotions of the market square.

• 【至急和訳お願いします!】

And they did, swamping the Internet, television and printed pages with reasons why Gore and the IPCC were the best---or worst---choice f or the prize. Personally, I was rooting for the IPCC and Gore---who presented the 2006 film "An Inconvenient Truth," which was directed by Davis Guggenheim and won Oscars in both the Documentary Feature and Best Original Song categories [the latter for Melissa Etheridge's "I Need to Wake Up"]---figuring a win would raise the profile of efforts to deal with anthropogenic climate change. But I could not help thinking, "Does anyone give a monkey's - - - what all these commentators are saying?"

• 【至急和訳お願いします】

And they did, swamping the Internet, television and printed pages with reasons why Gore and the IPCC were the best---or worst---choice f or the prize. Personally, I was rooting for the IPCC and Gore---who presented the 2006 film "An Inconvenient Truth," which was directed by Davis Guggenheim and won Oscars in both the Documentary Feature and Best Original Song categories [the latter for Melissa Etheridge's "I Need to Wake Up"]---figuring a win would raise the profile of efforts to deal with anthropogenic climate change. But I could not help thinking, "Does anyone give a monkey's - - - what all these commentators are saying?"

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 変な部分は意訳していただけるとありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Certain peoples destinies are joined together mystically before birth. They are destined. As though the stars have ordained the union of spirits long ago in some other life, or some other world, the souls are joined. We might say simply the two people are meant for each other, it is this partner, this Soul Mate who shows so graphically in your chart. The one whose life and fate is bound up with yours. Other partners or lovers may show too, but not with the same intensity. In this third reading I will endeavor to answer your questions, and reveal more of the secret destiny that love has in store for you.

• think のrepetitive表現について

ある昔の英文の抜粋なのですが、 冒頭の導入部は、 「ある夫婦がある絵の前で、うっとり見入っていたのだが、その絵がお目当ての名高い絵でないとわかり、なーんだという感じで、その場を立ち去り、お目当ての絵を見つけまたその絵の前でうっとりした。」という感じです。 その後に続く部分が筆者の分析となる以下の抜粋になるのですが、 We are most of us second-hand thinkers, and second-hand thinkers are not thinkers at all. (我々は皆受け売りの思想家だ。受け売りの思想家は思想家では全くないのだ。) Those good people before the picture were not thinking their own thoughts: they were thinking what they thought was the right thing to think. (Q) 最後のコロン以下のthinkの羅列表現のとらえ方について、 (1) 3つあるthinkは、すべて他動詞と考えてよいのか? (2) they thought はwhatに含まれるものではなく、挿入節と考えてよいのか? (3) 稚拙な直訳ですが、「彼らは、考えるのにふさやしいと彼らが思ったことを考えていたのだ」 つまり、「彼らは、何かが考えるのにふさわしいことだと思っていたのだが、それが何かを考えていた」というような感じでよいのか? です。thinkの意味を厳密にとらえようとするあまり、いまいちぴんと来なかったのですが、何となく上記の解釈で落ち着いていますが、他の見方がないものかという状況です。よろしくお願いします。

• Lateral Thinking (3)

『Lateral Thinking (2)』 の続きになります。 The story shows the difference between vertical thinking and lateral thinking. Vertical thinkers are concerned with the fact that the girl has to take a pebble. Lateral thinkers become concerned with the pebble that is left behind. Vertical thinkers take the most reasonable view of a situation and then proceed logically and carefully to work it out. Lateral thinkers tend to explore all the different ways of looking at something, rather than accepting the most promising and proceeding from that. The girl in the pebble story put her hand into the money bag and drew out a pebble. Without looking at it she fumbled and let it fall to the path where it was immediately lost among all the others. "Oh, how clumsy of me," she said, "but never mind--if you look into the bag you will be able to tell which pebble I took by the colour of the one that is left." itとthatが指すものを教えてください。 1)Vertical thinkers take the most reasonable view of a situation and then proceed logically and carefully to work it out. itはthe most reasonable view of a situationですか? 2)Lateral thinkers tend to explore all the different ways of looking at something, rather than accepting the most promising and proceeding from that. thatはsomethingですか? よろしくお願いいたします。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • PX-M5080Fでコピーをすると添付画像がうまく印字されない問題が発生しています。同様の問題はスキャナーでも発生しています。
  • 作業中にPX-M5080Fでコピーをしようとすると、添付画像が正常に印字されず、スキャナーでも同様の問題が発生します。
  • PX-M5080Fを使用している際に、コピーをすると添付画像がうまく印字されず、スキャナーでも同様の問題が発生します。
回答を見る