The Existence of the Ritual System by Outcast Itinerant Puppeteers

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The existence of this ritual system challenges common assumptions in ritual theory.
  • Outcast itinerant puppeteers carry out a ritual system that defies traditional notions of shared meaning.
  • The ritual system by outcast puppeteers raises questions about the basis of ritual efficacy and significance.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

the existence of this ritual訳

The existence of this ritual system carried out by outcast itinerant puppeteers challenges common assumptions in ritual theory that posit “a shared system of meaning" as the basis for ritual efficacy and significance. A「アウトキャストが実行するこの儀礼システムの存在・・・」 B「放浪する人形遣いたちは、儀礼の効果と重要性の基礎としての 「ある意味の共有システム」を仮定する儀礼理論において common assumptionsにチャレンジする?」 A部とB部の文法上のつながりがわかりません。 「common assumptions」とは何のことでしょう? ご教示ください。

• kahe
  • お礼率79% (291/368)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#111034
noname#111034
回答No.1

>The existence of this ritual system carried out by outcast itinerant puppeteers でまず切れ,ここまでが主語となるでしょう。 >challenges common assumptions in ritual theory that posit “a shared system of meaning" as the basis for ritual efficacy and significance challenges common assumption... は,やや意訳すれば「・・・という通説に対する反証となる」といいたいのでしょう。 あとはご自分で。

kahe
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 訳願い

But it is also possible( and useful) to think of this process in terms of a structure produced and sustained through the articulation of linked but distinctive moments - production, circulation, distribution/consumption, reproduction. This would be to think of the process as a 'complex structure in dominance', sustained through the articulation of connected practices, each of which, however, retains its distinctiveness and has its own specific modaliry, its own forms and conditions of existence. This second approach, homologous to that which forms the skeleton of commodity production offered in Marx's Grundrisse and in Capital, has the added advantage of bringing out more sharply how a continuous circuit-production-distribution-production - can be sustained through a 'passage of forms'. 和訳をお願いします。

• お手数ですが、次の英文を訳して下さい。

The political fragmentation involved in the baku-han system naturally made for an irrational duplication of administrative functions, and inevitably produced an overabundance of officials. However, it also gave the entire country the elementary political disciplines of effective law and order and tax collection, not only at the local-regional but also at the local-village levels. Moreover, despite the regionalist and pluralist assumptions of the system, resemblances between one governing authority and another (i.e.,han and han, han and bakufu) were sufficiently close to create a common political culture, an experience of government which was shard across the nation and which affected all classes. Willingness to obey the commands of official superiors, even in the matter of taxes, and the existence of a common political culture, enabled the country’s leaders after 1868 to proceed rapidly with their self appointed task of building a unified and progressive nation state.

• 日本語訳で困っています。

英語の日本語訳で困っています。誰か教えてください。お願いします。 (1)The writer fell into the pool with a splash because she couldn't swim. (2)The writer's mother thought the writer tapped her on the shoulder. (3)It was the writer's guardian angel that pulled the writer out of the water. (4)The writer's mother believes in the existence of guardian angels.

• 訳を教えて下さい

Tradition is a matter of much wider significance. It cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour. It involves, in the first place, the historical sense, which we may call nearly indispensable to anyone who would continue to be a poet beyond his twenty-fifth year; the historical sense compels a man to write not merely with his own generation in his bones, but with a feeling that the whole of the literature of Europe from Homer and within it the whole of the literature of his own country has a simultaneous existence and composes a simultaneous order. This historical sense, which is a sense of the timeless as well as of the temporal and of the timeless and of the temporal together, is what makes a writer traditional. And it is at the same time what makes a writer more acutely conscious of his place in time, of his own contemporaneity. …(中略)伝統は、まず第一に歴史的感覚を意味する。この感覚は25歳を越してもなお詩人たろうとする者にはほとんど不可欠なものといってよかろう。 また、この歴史的感覚は単に過去の過去性についてだけではなく、過去の現在性についての認識を含んでいる。 我々がこの歴史的感覚をもっている限り、我々は、単に自分の生きている世代を骨身に徹して感ずるのみでなく、またホメロス行こうのヨーロッパ文学のすべてが、そしてさらにその中における自分の国の文学のすべてが一つの同時的な存在性を持ち、一つの同時的秩序を形作っていると感じつつ、ものを書かざるをえなくなるのである。 この歴史的感覚は、時間的なものとともに無時間的なものの感覚であり、時間的なものと無時間的なものを同時に感ずる感覚であるが、こういう歴史的感覚がある作家を伝統的ならしめるのである。 そしてまたこれは同時に、作家の時間の中における自分の位置を、自分自身の現代性を鋭く意識させるものなのである。 T.S エリオットの「伝統と個人の才能」なのですが、これは翻訳された文章なのですが、これを要約したいのですが意味がよくわかりません…。 どなたかお助けいただける方、よろしくお願いします<m(__)m>

• 和訳が分かりません。

Bootstrap provides styles out of the box for several common components on a web page. この文章の動詞はなんでしょうか。 またstyle out ofは、熟語でしょうか? 和訳も教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文についての質問です。

To ponder interminably over the reason for one's own existence or the meaning of life in general seems to me, from an objective point of view, to be sheer folly. And yet everyone holds certain ideals by which he guides his aspiration and his judgment. The ideals which have always shone before me and filled me with the joy of living are goodness, beauty, and truth. To make a goal of comfort or happiness has never appealed to me; a system of ethics built on this basis would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle.  (What I Believe by A. Einstein) 最後の英文の個所の意味がとれません。 a system of ethics built on this basis would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle. 1)this basisはTo make a goal of comfort or happiness のことですか? 2)~would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle. の意味がわからないのですが herd of cattleは「烏合の衆」という意味ですか? この原則の上に立てられる倫理(道義)のシステムは烏合の衆にのみ十分であろう? どんなことを言っているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 訳をお願いします。

こんばんは。今回も宜しくお願いします。 He challenged the educational policy, known as 'filtering' by which a small number of very able students were fed through the system to end up with degrees and civil service jobs, but by which the great majority dropped out, at successive stages, with no useful benefit derived from their incomplete course of instruction. 「彼は教育方針を変えた。『フィルタリング』として知られているものに。これによって、ごく少数のとても有能な学生達は、学位や 公務員の仕事でおわるというシステムに影響を及ぼされたが、 大多数の学生は連続的な段階で中退し、彼らの不完全な教育講座が 元で役に立つものは何もなかった。」 前半部は、were fed through以下が良く分からず(特にdegrees and civil service jobs)困っております。 後半部は、at successive stagesの訳は、果たして自分の訳 であっているのか、かなり疑問です。 よろしくご教示願います。

• made a game out of

A new neighbor moved in across the street a few months ago. I haven’t had any contact with him but he looks to be in his early 20s, and his car has out-of-state plates. I live in a city neighborhood with weekly street sweeping, frequent roadwork, and stringent residency requirements, and as a result ticketing is quite common for people who aren’t obeying signs. This new neighbor’s car has received a minimum of two parking tickets per week during the entire duration of his residency. My SO and I have even made a game out of looking to see if he’s received any tickets each day. made a game out of looking to see ifの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

After the fall of the Roman Empire, there was great confusion again.Each region developed its own system of weights and measures. The foot,which was one of the earliest units, is believed to have had as many as 280variations in Europe as late as the eighteenh century.It was not until toward the end of the eighteenh century that a really scientific system of weights and measures was set up.A group of French scientists chose as their unit of length the ten-millionth part of an imaginary line running through Paris from the Equator to the North Pole. After careful measurements, they worked out the length of this unit, which was given the name 'meter' derived from the Greek metron, meaning 'a measure.' The use of the metric system by other nations increased, and today the metric system is quite generally accepted worldwide as the best system of weights and measures that the world has ever had.

• live out of your basket

Q. Re: I’ve got bedbugs: I had bedbugs in a previous apartment and had to move out after rounds of unsuccessful treatment. On the psychological side, I hear you! Many sleepless nights were spent searching images on Google and reading forums. It helps to know that bedbugs are becoming a common problem that other perfectly clean and normal people have had the misfortune of dealing with. The bugs live in mattresses and bedding and cannot live on your skin. They die when subjected to extreme heat, so take a load of laundry to a laundromat, throw it in a dryer, and live out of your basket at a friend’s house to recoup on needed sleep while exterminators work on your house. live out of your basketとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします