• ベストアンサー

演説

オバマさんのスピーチを聞いてて but i also know this the belief that peace is desirable is rarely enough to achieve it. 聞き取りなので確信はありませんが、この台詞が気になって この意味は平和は望ましいという信念はそれを達成するのはめったに充分じゃない(充分じゃない) =平和だけを望んでは物事を達成できない 平和にはぎせいが必要な時がある。 という解釈でただしいですか?

noname#106755
noname#106755
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • gldfish
  • ベストアンサー率41% (2895/6955)
回答No.1

the belief that peace is desirable is rarely enough to achieve it. 「平和こそ必要」という信念は、それを達成するにはあまり充分ではないのです。 ・・・つまり「平和が良いって思いだけでは、平和は実現されないの。」・・ってことでは。 ご提示の解釈を読む限りでは、意味は全く違うかもしれません・・。「平和を2の次にする必要性を説いている」のではなく、「平和を実現する事について説いている」のですね。まぁこの文の範囲内から読み取れる話でしかありませんが。

noname#106755
質問者

補足

私の解釈は平和は第一ででも平和を実現するには犠牲が必要な時もあるという解釈なんですが間違えてますかね?? この続きはpeace entails sacrificeだったので

関連するQ&A

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします

問題文: 世界平和を達成するために最も重要な事は何だと思うか。 空所を50~60語の英語で埋める形で答えよ。 What is most important in order to achieve world peace is ________________________________ 私の解答: education, especially elementary education. There are two reasons why I think so. First, it enables people to read and write, and get information about world. To get informaton about world issues is first step to achieve world peace. Secondly, during elementary school, children are taught what are good things and what are bad. It will prevent unnecessary physical conflict. moralという単語がどうしても出て来なくて後半かなり苦しくなりました が、全体的に今回はそれなりに書けたのではないかと思います 添削よろしくお願いします。

• implyの訳について。

They imply that it is desirable to achieve and maintain a person's health or to construct and keep in order a machine. という英文があるのですが、参考書の訳だと 「健康の達成と維持または機械の建設と保全を望ましいとすることを、それらの学問は含んでいるのである。」 という訳になっていたのですが、implyの訳が疑問です。日本語として不自然すぎますし。 私はこの訳はimplyを「暗示」として 「健康の達成と維持または機会の建設と保全が望ましいと、それらの学問は暗に示しているのである。」 だと思うのですが… たぶんこの前の文脈で使われていたimplyが「含む」という意味で使われていたので、ここの文章でもそのimplyと同じ訳し方をしたのだと思います。僕はそこらへんのルールとか知りませんが、この作者の訳し方はどう考えても日本語として不自然です。 これらの二通りの訳、意味は互いに全然違いますよね。 どなたかどちらが正しいのか教えて下さい。

• 添削お願いします

私はこの趣旨に同感です。 8月6日は広島に原爆が落とされた日・・ 今ではこの事実さえ知らない人もいます だが疑問をもつ人も多い なぜ原爆は落とされたのか? 平和な世の中にしていくには? 答えは1つではないし、現実的な答えは無いかもしれない。 色々な知恵を共有する場として今日の平和公園はありたい。 I agree to this passage. Hiroshima is storongly damaged by atomicB at today,1945. Today,anyone also does not know this fact. But a lot of people has these questions. Why atomicB drop in Hiroshima? How to follow peace? Answer is not one, or might be none. I think The Heiwa park 8.6 is worse sharing variety wisdom among people from all over the world.

• アルゴアの平和演説の和訳

明日、テストでアルゴアの平和演説の和訳をすることになりました。 自分でも一生懸命辞書をつかったりして和訳したんですけど なんか・・・ちんぷんかんぷんでして・・・。 英語お得意なお方 助けてください 以下アルゴア平和演説の和訳してほしい部分です Just as Hull's generation found moral authority in rising to solve the world crisis caused by fascism, so can we find our greatest opportunity in -- in rising to solve the climate crisis. In the Kanji characters used in both Chinese and Japanese, "crisis" is written with two symbols, the first meaning "danger," the second "opportunity." By facing and removing the danger of the climate crisis, we have the opportunity to gain the moral authority and vision to vastly increase our own capacity to solve other crises that have been too long ignored. We must understand the connections between the climate crisis and the afflictions of poverty, hunger, HIV-Aids and other pandemics. As these problems are linked, so too must be their solutions. We must begin by making the common rescue of the global environment the central organizing principle of the world community. Fifteen years ago, I made that case at the "Earth Summit" in Rio de Janeiro. Ten years ago, I presented it in Kyoto. This week, I will urge the delegates in Bali to adopt a bold mandate for a treaty that establishes a universal global cap on emissions and uses the market in emissions trading to efficiently allocate resources to the most effective opportunities for speedy reductions. The world now needs an alliance -- especially of those nations that weigh heaviest in the scales where earth is in the balance. I salute Europe and Japan for the steps they've taken in recent years to meet the challenge, and the new government in Australia, which has made solving the climate crisis its first priority. But the outcome will be decisively influenced by two nations that are now failing to do enough: the United States and China. While India is also growing fast in importance, it should be absolutely clear that it is the two largest CO2 emitters -- and most of all, my own country -- that will need to make the boldest moves, or stand accountable before history for their failure to act.

• 英訳お願いします。

いろいろ調べながら、英文にしてみたんですが、 自信がありません。 展示のコメントとして海外に送らねければいけないので、 以下の分を適切な英文または添削して頂けないでしょうか。 宜しくお願い致します。 (コメント) どうしようもない憧れ。 星は瞬き、日はまた昇る。 自然の中で青い海を仰ぎ見て、 男も女も、性別も国籍も超えて全て混ざり合う。 その先には笑いと平和が待っているから。 Longing longing longing A star twinkles, The Sun Also Rises. I look up at the blue sea in nature, Men and women, all mixed together even countries beyond sex. The rest is waiting in the laughter and peace.

• 文構造と指示語の指すものが分かりません

Some analysts may raise the following objections to the above: Buying and selling foreign currency is nothing more than good old-fashioned supply and demand and price adjustments are simply made to achieve equilibrium. There is of course some truth to this, but that is forgetting that securities prices also have a role in aggregating information. 上の2文の構造と指示語の指すものが分かりません。 下に、自分なりに考えたことを記載しますので、正しい文の解析の解説をお願いします。 1)Some analysts may raise the following objections to the above: Buying and selling foreign currency is nothing more than good old-fashioned supply and demand and price adjustments are simply made to achieve equilibrium. 【参考書の訳】 アナリストの中には、これまでわれわれが述べてきたことに、次のように反論する者たちがいる。「外国為替の売買は、古き良き需要供給(の一致)にすぎず、(需要供給の)均衡を達成するべくなされた価格調整に過ぎない」。という反論だ。 【試訳】 アナリストの中には、上記のことに対して、次のような反論をする人がいるかもしれない。(どのような反論かと言うと)「外貨の売買は、古風で良好な需要と供給に過ぎず、価格の調整はつり合いを取ることを目的にしているだけである。」 【自分なりの文構造解析】 参考書の訳では「需要供給(の一致)にすぎず・・・価格調整に過ぎない」となっているので、nothing more than がかかっているように感じますが、私は nothing more than は and price までしかかかっていないと判断しました。また、コロン以下ですが、私は is と are を and price の and が並列していると考えました。 2)There is of course some truth to this, but that is forgetting that securities prices also have a role in aggregating information. 【参考書の訳】 もちろん、これには幾ばくかの真実がある。だが、こうした考え方において忘却されているのは、証券価格にはまた、情報を集める役割もある。ということである。 【試訳】 もちろん、これにはいくらかの真実がある。しかし、that は「証券価格には情報の収集という役割もある」ということを忘れている 【自分なりの文構造解析】 thisは直前の文の内容を指しているのだと思うのですが、that が指しているものが分かりません。今回質問した文はおそらく(http://www.norges-bank.no/Upload/English/Publications/Economic%20Bulletin/2006-03/rime.pdf)から抜粋したものだと思われますが、抜粋する前の部分を指しているのでしょうか。また、is forgetting と進行形にしている理由が分かりません。不満に思っているのか「しつつある」というニュアンスを加えたいのでしょうか。

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m4

Another group involved in mammoth research was an international team headed by Dr. Goto Kazufumi. There were 33 scientists on this team. They were Japanese, Russian, and British. In August 1997, they went on their first expedition to look for a mammoth. At that time, they were only able to find mammoth bones. They said, "If there were also piece of skin, we could get some mammoth DNA." In August 1999, Dr. Goto tried again to find a mammoth with a second team made up of 26 Japanese and Russian scientists. This time they found a piece of mammoth skin, but it was not in good enough condition to use the DNA. The Japanese project is now led by Dr. Iritani Akira, and they keep trying to find mammoths. In 2002, they found another frozen mammoth in Siberia. A piece of flesh taken from it was brought to Japan in July 2003. its DNA was also not well preserved, but the team didn't give up the project.

• 日本語訳を! 4-(2)

お願いします。  At first the pictures stood for the real thing. A picture of the sun meant "the sun." As you can imagine, being able to write about only objects is limiting. How would you write the word "hot"? There is no object named "hot." So the pictures began to stand for ideas related to the object. A picture of the sun might mean light, or day, or―hot. It wasn't long before this was limiting, too. How would you write the word "belief"? What object could you draw that is related to the word belief? But if the objects could also represent a sound, then you could write "belief" as a picture of a bee followed by the picture of a leaf and the reader would be able to figure it out. (This example is an English word. The word for belief in Egyptian would be different, of course.)  It wasn't long before there were hundreds of symbols. Reading them was as complicated as writing them because Egyptian writers, called scribes, sometimes wrote right to left, sometimes left to right, and sometimes top to bottom (but never bottom to top). The only clue to which direction you should be reading the inscription was the way the animals and people faced. You read toward the faces.  There was no punctuation. There were no periods or question marks so that the reader would know where one sentence ended and the next began. Not even a space between words helped to make the meaning clear. And if that doesn't complicate things enough, the fact that vowels were not used does. Imagine not being able to write a vowel, or should we write mgnntbngllwdtwrtvwl, or worse yet, lwvtrwtdwllgnbtnngm?

• 和文英訳です。添削を宜しくお願い致します

8月31日、札幌で中学生の英語弁論大会が開催された。 August 31, English speech contest of Junior High school was held in Sapporo. 参加した中学校は17校で、各校から二名の代表がスピーチした。 The junior high schools which participated in the competition were 17 and two representatives gave a speech from each school. 孫がスピーチするのを知って、家内と一緒に観にいった。 My wife and I went to public hall for support as we knew our grand sun would have speech. 観客は大部分が中学生徒たちであり、父兄の観客は非常に少なかった。 The audience were mainly junior high school students and parents and grandparents were very few. 孫のスピーチタイトルは「世界平和への架け橋」だった。 The speech title of my grandson was ”A bridge to the world peace”. 4分近くのスピーチを途切れる事無く、見事に成し遂げた。 He achieved the speech fluently for nearly four minutes. しかし、他の演説も皆流暢だった。 But not only my grandson, almost all speaker accomplished fluently. その上、ネイティブに近い発音でスピーチする生徒が多かった。 There were many students who gave a speech by the pronunciation that was near to a native. 話の内容から判断して、何人かは海外居住の経験がある様だった。 Judging from the contents of their speech, it seems that some of them had experience staying abroad. 34名がスピーチしたが、29名が三年生で残り5名は二年生である。 The total of speaker was 34 students and 29 were 3rd grade at junior night school. The rest 5 was 2nd grade. 孫は入賞できなかったが、まだ二年生である。 My grandson couldn’t get the winning prize. But he is now 2nd grade. 来年の弁論大会にもぜひ参加して貰いたいものである。 I want him to participate in a speech contest of the next year by all means. 以上です。宜しくお願いします。

• 名演説家 演説が上手い人

ヒトラー、ムッソリーニ、オバマ、ケネディ、キング牧師、 小泉元首相 等は演説が巧みと聞きましたが、 この人たち以外で演説が上手な人をご存知でしたら教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。