• ベストアンサー

英文を読んで答える問題を教えてください。

At the age of sixteen, Charles made up his mind to find work and live by himself. He thought that the best way to get a job in the world was to study stenography. Stenography is much harder than ordinary reading and writing. He did not have a teacher, but he learned and became a prefect stenographer, 本文に内容が合うように、空所に入れる適当な語をかいてください。 (1)When he was sixteen, Charles decided to be more active than ( ). これをといてみると、 (1)everになりました。 しかし、以前に違うと指摘されたので他にいい回答がありませんか。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.5

私も nekomac さんと同じく、before というのが頭に浮かびました。 Charles は16歳になった時に、「自立しよう!」と思い立ったということですから、「これまで (before) とは違って、もっと active になろうと決意した」ということで before が適当ではないかと考えました。

その他の回答 (4)

• nekomac
  • ベストアンサー率43% (162/371)
回答No.4

before ではないですか?

回答No.3

than average sixteen-year-old とか?

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2

than others とかはどうでしょうかねえ。

• aya-k
  • ベストアンサー率29% (35/117)
回答No.1

he had been ではないでしょうか。 これで、彼はそれ以前も行動的だったが、さらにもっと行動的になろうと決めた という風になります。

関連するQ&A

• この英文を訳して下さい。

He never noticed anyone was watching him, and it was with surprise that he heard himself spoken to.

• 英文を訳してください。

以下の文を訳してください。 He never noticed anyone was watching him, and it was with surprise that he heard himself spoken to.

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

Having successfully completed a year's military service, Arz sat and passed the reserve officers examination and went on to apply for and successfully obtain a commission as a regular officer. In 1878, he was commissioned with the rank Leutnant. Attaining the rank of Oberleutnant, Arz attended the Imperial Kriegschule in Vienna, 1885–1887, where he again distinguished himself, and in 1888 he was appointed to the General Staff. Promoted to Hauptmann and assigned to a corps staff, Arz was made Adjutant to Feldzeugmeister Baron Schönfelda before returning to the General Staff in 1898, where he was to remain, with a few breaks, until 1908. Promoted next to the rank of Major, then Oberstleutnant, Arz was attached to the 2nd Corps, then commanded by Archduke Eugen, following his assignment to the General Staff.

• 英文について教えてください。

Moreover-taking the word "tragedy" in its most ordinary modern sense-it is Gretchen who suffers the tragedy, which Faust takes in his stride. We never see him hunted by the furies, like Orestes: no sooner has Part Two begun than spirits "remove the burning arrows of remorse, and cleanse his mind of memories." And though he dies blind like Oedipus, (1)【he does not blind himself with clasps plucked in a passion from the corpse of his beloved, resolved to live in infamy and night.】 Rather, he loses his sight when he is a hundred years old, just before he dies in a moment of elation. Faust's sufferings are incidental. He is not a tragic hero like Orestes, who is called upon to kill his mother, or like Oedipus, who owes it to his city to find out who killed his predecessor and who thus discovers that he killed his father and is wedded to his mother. In Faust, tragedy engulfs not the hero but representatives of unheroic, non-outstanding, suffering humanity: Gretchen, Philemon and Baucis, Gretchen's mother. The death of Philemon and Baucis in the fifth act of Part Two involves no tragic conflict in Faust's mind: he has given different instructions; their death is a hideous surprise to him; but again he takes it in his stride.(2)【 It is another episode, no more.】(3)【 In retrospect we realize, if it was not clear to us all along, that Gretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episode.】 The drama is epic, the effect cumulative. 『Goethe's Faust by Walter Kaufmann』 上記の英文の(1)【】、(2)【】、(3)【】の部分について質問です。 (1)【he does not blind himself with clasps plucked in a passion from the corpse of his beloved, resolved to live in infamy and night.】 *clasps pluckedとはどういう意味にとればよいのでしょうか? *全体はどういう訳になりますか? (2)【 It is another episode, no more.】 *これはどういうことを言っているのでしょうか? another episodeとは? (3)【 In retrospect we realize, if it was not clear to us all along, that Gretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episode.】 *文の構造がよくわかりません。 if節があって、帰結はGretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episodeだと思うのですが、Gretchen's tragedyの前にthatがついているのがわかりません。 *また、it was not clear to us all alongのitは何をさしているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 単純な問題

単純な問題なんですが、ちょっとわからない事があります。「次の日本語を英語に直しなさい。」 という問題で、 「私は10才のときに、先生になることに決めた。」という問題なんですが、答えには   I decided to become(/be)a teacher when I was 10 years old. と書いてあるんですが、  When I was 10 years old, I decided to become (/be) a teacher. じゃいけないんですか? もう1つは、「病気だったので私は行けなかった。」 という文を英語にすると、 1) Because I was sick, I couldn't go.  と 2) I couldn't go because I was sick. だと どっちの方が普通使いますか?私は2のほうだと思うんですけど。 それと 2の I couldn't go because の go と because の間に カンマは入らないんですか?

• 下記の英文を訳してくれる方はいますか?

At that age, he is likely to be employed, but if he loses his job new employment is harder to find than when he was younger. Furthermore, even if he stays employed, the extra financial burdens and high economic inflation may force a reduction in the standard of living. Recently the problem is being avoided by the wife’s reentering the labor force, but unless she has specialized training, a well-paying job will be hard to find. お願いします。

• 英語についての質問

To compensate for his unpleasant experiences in hospital, the man drank a little more than was good for him.[In the process],he enjoyed himself thoroughly and kept telling everybody how much he hated hospitals. という英文の[]した部分を ( )he was ( )というかたちにして頂きたいです。

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Ieyasu’s career is the most controversial. His was a seemingly ordinary nature which rose to a serious of great occasions. Alone of the three he had to distinguish himself in warfare as well as statecraft, and he alone can be called a self-made man. His early life was spent in fighting and otherwise working his way back from the adversities of a youth spent as a political hostage to the Imagawa family. At this time not only was Ieyasu himself a captive, but the Tokugawa group of hereditary warrior-retainers teetered on the brink of complete dispersal. 和訳 「家康の経歴は最も議論のあるところである。彼は一見したところありきたりの性格であるが、重大な場面では厳粛なものになるのである。三人の内、ただ一人、彼は政治にも戦争にも自らその手腕を示さなければならなかった。そして彼だけが自力で成し遂げた人と呼ぶことが出来る。彼の若い頃は戦とそれ以外は今川一族への政治的人質として過ごした幼少時代の逆境から立ち直ろうと過ごしていた。この時期、家康は自身が人質というにとどまらず、世襲の武士家臣たちからなる徳川一族は完全な離散間際であった。」

• 英文 和訳

英文 翻訳お願いします。 ちなみにEvelyn WaughのMr Loveday's Little Outingという作品です。 A dozen or so variously afflicted lunatics hopped and skipped after him down the drive until the iron gates opened and Mr.Loveday stepped into his freedom. His small trunk had already gone to the station;he elected to walk. He had been reticent about his plans, but he was well provided with money, and the general impression was that he would go to London and enjoy himself a little before visiting his step-sister in Plymouth.

• 英文を訳して頂きたいですm(__)m

Kyaaaa so cute! LOL he sings it better than I xD definitely loves him when he was asked 'Owacchau?' And continues to dance until the end! 短文でお恥ずかしいのですがよろしくお願い致しますm(__)m