• ベストアンサー

どなたか訳を教えてください。

The vocalizing capabilities of the larynx could have paired with the communicative lip smacks to form spoken syllables. これはどういう意味なのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

咽喉の発声機能は、意思伝達の唇を鳴らす音と相俟って音節を形成する。   smack というのは「舌打ち」を唇を使ってやる音なので、まあこう訳しました。何か類人猿の言語以前の言語、の話ですか。  要するに咽喉では鍛冶場の「ふいご」のように有声音を続けて出す機能がありますが、それを唇を開閉することで「こま切れ」すなわち音節に変えることが出来る、という意味じゃないでしょうか。  雑な訳で済みません。  

関連するQ&A

• 訳をお願いします

The likeliest outcome, they concluded, is that the world’s nations “learn to live with an ICBM-armed North Korea.” In theory, this could mean a tenuous nuclear stability, much as in the Cold War. But historians say the Cold War’s pattern of near misses, given enough time, could eventually have sparked an unintended war. なんとなく意味はわかるんですが、最後の文章がよくわかりません。 おねがいします。

• 英語の問題でわからないところ

The manager is(   )by his men. の答えとして、ill spoken of が入るそうなんですが、 speak ill ofで~のことを悪く言う、という意味ですから、 spoken ill ofの間違いではないでしょうか? また、The young male clerks were not(   )to their duties hard. には、attending to という答えが入るみたいですが、 これはどういう意味ですか? attend toには~のいうことを注意して聞く、という意味がありますけど、dutyには「人」を指す意味はないのでおかしいと思っているのですが・・・。

• 訳をお願いいたします

Is there any aspect of Adolf Hitler's life(his actions, accomplishments. or characteristics) that could be considered in a redemptive light? Support your answer with evidence gathered form the film. (redemptive light means qualities that could make Hitler's life seem somehow worthwhile to humanity or the progress of human achievements) この文章を誰か訳してください!!お願いいたします。

• 文法と訳を教えてください。

昨日からの続きで昨日のものは考え中なのですが全体を捉えたいと思い質問します。 (The New Map Of The Brain By JEFFREY KLUGER) この記事の二段落目第三文です。 2-3) Learn to read those bony bumps, and you could know the mind within. このcouldですが仮定法過去ではないと思うのですが、現在の可能性を表現するものでしょうか。I could do it now, if you like. などで使われるcouldでしょうか。過去の可能性ということはありえないでしょうか。 2-7)Here still be dragons. このdragonsはどのような訳が適切でしょうか。 4-2)The mystery of memory is being teased apart, exposing the way we store facts and experiences in addition to the emotional flavors associated with them. exposingは分詞構文でしょうか。だとしたら主語は何でしょうか。The mystery of memoryだとすると抵抗を感じます。 5-1)Finally and most elusively, we are learning something about consciousness itself--the ghost in the neural machine that gives you the sense of being in the moment, peering out at the world from the control room behind your eyes. ghostは「意識」、neural machineは「脳」の言い換えとみました。the senseは感覚 of beingは存在とするとin the momentは「その時々の」とみました。worldは普通に「身の回りの世界」とみました。conrol roomは「意識」とかではなく普通に「脳」としました。全部あっているでしょうか。 6-1)Human beings have always been brash enough to ask such questions but lacked the necessary gifts to answer them. 6-2)At last, we are acquiring that ability. but lackedは過去形でしょうか現在完了でしょうか。現在完了だとするとbut have lackedのhaveは省略できないのではないでしょうか。 何とかまとめようと思ったのですが長くなってしまい申し訳ありません。 全部のご回答でなくてもかまいませんのでよろしくおねがいします。

• 訳なのですが・・

I hope you have a great weekend, just wish I could spend some of it with you. 私はあなたが素晴らしい週末を送る事を期待します。 後半がちょっとわかりません。 私もそのいくつか(週末ですごす )の一つでありたいといってるんですか?

• 英文の訳をお願いします。。

But are such techniques in fact helpful to patients? It is of course important to assess any form of treatment, and given that patients vary enormously in their problems and their capabilities, group studies of mnemonic techniques are unlikely to be very satisfactory. Fortunately, there are techniques that were specially devised to investigate the effects of treatment on a single patient. Most of these originated in the operant conditioning laboratory; they have been adapted for clinical purposes by behaviorally minded clinicians, and are now being used to assess the effectiveness of cognitive rehabilitation. They tend not to be well known to cognitive psychologists, who are generally much more familiar with large group designs, or in the case of neuropsychology to single case studies that are concerned with assessing and describing the patient’s deficits, rather than evaluating treatment. お願いします。。

• 訳を教えてください

I am a very private person, but I have a family member who asks too many questions (of everyone) all the time -- silly questions, personal questions, medical questions, etc. I have spoken to her privately about this -- telling her that I am not comfortable with the constant questions -- multiple times. However, she will not stop. She says it doesn't bother her. I have tried to change the subject when she gets into a line of questioning; she brings it back. she brings it backの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 訳をお願いします。

What if my mom hates me ? Could I have tried harder to leave ? 意味がわかりません。訳をお願いします。

• 英語の訳についてお聞きしたいです。

考えてみたのですがいまいちよく分からないのでお願いします。 「~している…、~する…」という意味になる (a) There is someone waiting for you at the station. (b) Andy likes the singing birds. (c) The girl singing a song is my friend. (d) The sleeping girl is my sister. 「~された…、~される…」という意味になる (a) John has a lot of books written in English. (b) I need to take my broken watch to the shop. (c) The languag spoken in Australia is English. (d) Look at the closed door. です。 言っている意味がやっぱりよく訳せなくて、、 お願いします。

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします (19) In a small side room, along with the jars that held King Tut's internal organs, Carter found two tiny coffins holding two tiny mummified fetuses. They were the mummies of the children Tut would never have―his wife's miscarriages. The professor cracked open the skull of ome. The embalmers had removed the brain and stuffed the hollow with linen. The professor found a wire that had been used to push the linen up into the skull, the only embalming tool ever found inside a body―and the professor threw it away. (20) If a mummy is discovered today, a team of scientists is sent to he scene. Botanists could have told Carter in what month King Tut died by studying the funeral wreath―cornflowers bloom in March in Egypt. Radiologists could have told Carter that King Tut did not die from tuberculosis as many had guessed, but may have been murdered by a blow to the back of he head. Or he may have fallen and hit the back of his head on the ground. King Tut's eye sockets were fractured in way that is caused by the brain snapping forward when the head hits the ground in a backwards fall (or is clubbed from behind). Neurologists could have told Carter that the vertebrae in King Tut's neck were fused. When Tut turned his head, he had to turn his whole torso, too. Fibreoptic tubes with miniature cameras could have been inserted under the linen to take pictures and samples without ever having to unwrap Tut. Today scientists use DNA to reconstruct family trees. Computers re-create faces. And if we can learn that much more in the time since Carter discovered King Tut, imagine how much we will be able to learn in the future. The dead do tell tales. It's up to us to listen.