• 締切済み

新聞記事の和訳をお願いします!

ワシントンポストの記事なんですが和訳をお願いしたいです。 American politicians who really care about climate change -- I'm assuming this includes our president, as well as a majority in Congress -- should skip the summits and instead ask themselves why the oil and gas prices that started rising a couple of years ago (creating a boom in alternative-energy research) have once again dropped to an artificial low. Why artificial? Because the price of fossil fuels has never reflected their true cost, either environmental or political. It doesn't reflect the cost of the U.S. military presence in the Middle East. It doesn't reflect the cost of treating asthma. And it certainly doesn't reflect the cost of rescuing bits of the coast of Florida that will be submerged by rising sea levels. Raise the taxes on fossil fuels to reflect those costs, and Pickens's project, along with many others, will once again be viable. 長いですがお願いします・・・ 小分けにして訳をくださるのもありがたいです!

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

みんなの回答

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.3

私もざっと(要旨程度のことは分るように)訳してみました。  気象変動に対するまともな関心を有する政治家たち(この中には、われらが大統領や議員の多数の者を含むであろうけれども)、彼らはサミットにかかずらっている場合ではない。石油やガスの価格が上昇し始めたのは2年前だった(代替エネルギーを求めるブームを引き起こした)。ところが今は不自然に下落してしまっている。なぜ不自然かって? 化石燃料の価格は、いまだかつて、環境論議や政治的な駆け引きに左右されたことはないからだ。中東における米軍の存在が価格に影響を与えたり、喘息の発生原因になるという論議が価格を変動させはしない。また、フロリダの海岸の水位が上昇することを心配したからといって影響することもない。それよりも、化石燃料の価格下落に見合うだけの課税強化をすべきだ。そうすれば、ピッケンズ計画(風力発電推進計画)やそれに類する事業が、再び前向きに検討されることになるだろう。

• mbx
  • ベストアンサー率40% (16/40)
回答No.2

> 気候変動を気にかけている 気候変動を本当に気にかけている

• mbx
  • ベストアンサー率40% (16/40)
回答No.1

気候変動を気にかけているアメリカの政治家 (議会の大半だけではなく、大統領も含むとする) は、サミットなんてやめて、数年前から上昇しはじめ (代替エネルギー研究の火付け役となっ) た原油や天然ガスの価格が再び人為的な底値まで下落した理由を考えるべきである。人為的とはどういうことか。化石燃料の価格は、真のコスト、すなわち環境的なコストも政治的なコストも反映してこなかったのである。中東における米国軍のプレゼンスのコストを反映していない。ぜん息の治療にかかるコストも反映していない。さらには、海面上昇によって浸水するフロリダの海岸をほんの少しでも守ろうとするためのコストさえ明らかに反映していない。化石燃料にかける税を上げて、こういったコストを反映すべきだ。そうすれば、ピケンズ プランをはじめ、さまざまなプロジェクトが再び現実味を帯びたものとなろう。

g131313
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳を教えて下さい。

http://okwave.jp/qa/q7788054.html こちらの英文の続きの文章になります。 ダッシュやコンマで繋がり、一文が長いものもあり、良く分かりませんでした。 お願いします。 Vanuatu and Hawaii are following the lead of yet another island: Iceland, which amazed the world in 1999 when it announced its intention to become the world’s first hydrogen society. Iceland, which spent $185 million – a quarter of its trade deficit – on oil imports in 2000, has joined forces with Shell Hydrogen, DaimlerChrysler and Norsk Hydro in a multimillion dollar initiative to convert the island’s buses, cars and boats to hydrogen and fuel cells over the next 30 years. In part, the transition to hydrogen energy is fuelled by three of the world’s most pressing energy-related problems: worsening urban air pollution, rising geopolitical instability due to oil import dependence, and accelerating climate change from fossil fuel combustion. Prolonging petroleum and coal reliance in transportation and electricity will increase global carbon emissions from 6.1 to 9.8 billion tons of carbon by 2020. In the absence of alternative energy sources in the market, the use of coal and oil are projected to increase by approximately 30 and 40 per cent, respectively. According to the World Energy Assessment, the accelerated replacement of oil and other fossil fuels with hydrogen could help achieve ‘deep reductions’ in carbon emissions and avoid the doubling of pre-industrial CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere: a level at which scientists expect major and potentially irreversible ecological and economic disruptions, such as sea level rising, coastal flooding, extreme weather events and loss of both biodiversity and agricultural productivity. It is no wonder that islands, stationed on the front lines of both the rising tides of climate change and a vulnerability to high oil prices, are in the vanguard of the hydrogen push.

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳を手伝っていただけませんでしょうか?

お世話になっております。和訳は下の文でだいたいあってますでしょうか?それとも、once I got married のところはかつて結婚してた時という意味なのでしょうか・・wouldが入ると例えなのでしょうか。。 He also asked me to explain marraige in America, and why I didn't have and didn't want a boyfriend or a husband, and if and why I wouldn't want to stay home and be a housewife once I got married. 「彼は私にアメリカの結婚についても尋ねた。そして、なぜ私が恋人や旦那がいなかったのか、そして、もし結婚したとしたら、なぜ家にいたくないのか、また、主婦になりたくないのかをたずねた。」

• 新聞記事の和訳

"It's beyond nostril-hair freezing weather," says Michelle Vanden Plas, 40, of St. Paul, Minn. "It's been horrible and it's going to be even worse. We won't be able to walk the dogs at all and we take them out in pretty much anything." US Today の記事です。最後の下記のところの和訳をお教えください。 we take them out in pretty much anything.

• 次の英文の和訳をよろしくお願いします。

次の英文の和訳をよろしくお願いします。 There's just enough of it still present to grow infected and inflamed on occasion and to kill us in agnoy if a surgeon doesn't intervene.

• 和訳お願い致します。

AMSTERDAM, Just a few years ago, politicians and green groups in the Netherlands were thrilled by the country's early and rapid adoption of “sustainable energy,” achieved in part by coaxing electrical plants to use biofuel — in particular, palm oil from Southeast Asia. Spurred by government subsidies, energy companies became so enthusiastic that they designed generators that ran exclusively on the oil, which in theory would be cleaner than fossil fuels like coal because it is derived from plants. But last year, when scientists studied practices at palm plantations in Indonesia and Malaysia, this green fairy tale began to look more like an environmental nightmare. Rising demand for palm oil in Europe brought about the clearing of huge tracts of Southeast Asian rainforest and the overuse of chemical fertilizer there. Worse still, space for the expanding palm plantations was often created by draining and burning peatland, which sent huge amounts of carbon emissions into the atmosphere.

• 和訳が分かりません。

, but none of these are exactly "plug and play," so factor in the time and/or the cost required to have it installed when you consider the cost. このfactor in the time ってどうやって訳すのでしょうか? 全文は下記です。 The Nest and the Ecobee are designed so you can install them yourself if you're willing to tackle the project, but none of these are exactly "plug and play," so factor in the time and/or the cost required to have it installed when you consider the cost.

• 和訳お願い致します。

Factoring in these emissions, Indonesia had quickly become the world’s third-leading producer of carbon emissions that scientists believe are responsible for global warming, ranked after the United States and China, according to a study released in December by researchers from Wetlands International and Delft Hydraulics, both in the Netherlands. “It was shocking and totally smashed all the good reasons we initially went into palm oil,” said Alex Kaat, a spokesman for Wetlands, a conservation group. Biofuals, long a cornerstone of the quest for greener energy, may sometimes create more harmful emissions than fossil fuels, scientific studies are finding. As a result, politicians in many countries are rethinking the billions of dollars in subsidies that have indiscriminately supported the spread of all of these supposedly eco-friendly fuels for vehicles and factories. The 2003 European Union Biofuels Directive, which demands that all member states aim to have 5.75 percent of transportation run by biofuel in 2010, is now under review.

• 和訳ができません。

2.I remember one guy in my French class when I was a college student.He was so angry that he couldn't understand French.Every week he raised his hand in class and challenged the theacher:"Why do the say it that way?It doesn't make sense!"he'd shout.Remembering this makes megrateful for my teaching job in Japan! I can't imagine any of my students getting mad at me because English pronunciation or spelling doesn't make sense. ~自分で考えた訳~ 私は自分が大学生だったとき、フランス語の授業に1人の男がいたのを思い出します。 彼はとても怒っていたので、フランス語が理解できませんでした。毎週、彼は授業中に手を挙げて、先生に挑戦をしました。 「なぜ、彼らはそれをそのような方法で言うのですか?それは意味をなしませんよ!」彼は叫んだものでした。 この出来事を思い出すことは、私が日本で教える仕事をすることにおいて私を喜ばせます。 私は、どの生徒も私に対して怒るということを想像できません。なぜなら、英語の発音と綴りは意味をなさないからです。 とりあえず訳してみましたが、自分で訳してみても文章が何を言いたいのか分かりません。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

In many part of South Asia, arranged ,arranged marriages have been modernized to suit the needs of a changing Westernized generation. When I asked him why, one young Indian-American man said, "My parents are the two people in the world who know me best, both my strength and my weaknesses. Why wouldn't I want their input in the most important decision of my life?" After a moment, he added, "The alternative doesn't seem to work that well, does it?"  He had a point. There are fewer divorces in arranged marriages, although I wonder if he realized that many complicated social factors- from the presence of extensive family support and counseling to the ostracism a divorced woman would encounter - account for this.