• ベストアンサー

訳し方が分かりません。

「And now he's going to marry her, you see if he doesn't,and ~~~~.」 「 Amanda will do it herself.You see if she doesn't.」という二つの文が、同じ本の中の別々のページに載っているのですが、うまく訳せません。 「you see if he doesn't」「You see if she doesn't.」の部分が、どうも決まった言い回しのようなのですが、どう訳せばいいのでしょうか。 どなたかお分かりの方よろしくお願いします。

noname#145134
noname#145134
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#231624
noname#231624
回答No.1

意訳 ... と言うのか、言いたいことは 『絶対にね』なのですが、なぜそうなるのかは分かりません。^^; 決まり文句としか私には言えず ...。 参考程度にしておいてください。

noname#145134
質問者

お礼

早速のご回答ありがとうございました。おそらく、文字どおりには訳せないものだと思います。言語はその言葉に長年触れていたからこそ感覚として身にに付くものなので、akichi_momさんがなぜそうなるのか分からないとかかれているのもごもっともだと思います。 すっきりしました。本当にありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

akichi_momさんの「絶対にね」は思いつきませんでした。さすがですね。私などは素直に「わかるでしょ」「あのね」「ほら」「何しろ.」の延長線上のYou see what's gonna happen if he(or she) doesn't.という解釈が思い浮かぶのですが、文章を読まないと「絶対にね」は出てこないでしょう。

noname#145134
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。そうですか。省かれている言葉がやはりあるのですね。RitsueiJukさんに書いていただいたおかげで、文法的にもよくわかった気がします。 学校英語だけだと、自分でなかなかここまでは補えません。皆さんのお力にとても感謝しています。

関連するQ&A

• If (仮定法) の答えをお願いします

質問 (A).... Rewrite the sentences. Use will or the simple present form of the verbs in parentheses. (1)If he (get) a better job, he (rent) a bigger apartment. 回答…If he gets a better job, he’ll rent a bigger apartment. (2)Justin (study) Spanish if he (go) to Venezuela. (3) Craig and Nicole (not go) on vacation if they (not save) enough money. (4)If Isabella (move) to the suburbs, she (take) the train to work every day. (5)If the weather (not be) nice, we (not go) to the mountains. (6)I (not buy) a car if I (not get) a new job. 《答え》 (2)Justin will study Spanish if he goes to Venezuela. (3)Craig and Nicole won’t go on vacation if they don’t save enough money. (4)If Isabella moves to the suburbs, she will take the train to work every day. (5)If the weather doesn't be nice, we won't go to the mountains. (6)I won’t buy a car, if I won't get a new job. 質問 (B).... Correct the sentences. (1)If won't get good grades, I won't go to college. (2)Bob doesn’t go on vacation this summer if he doesn’t get a cheap ticket. (3)What she will do if she doesn't finds her job? (4)Will be you happy if you get the job? 《答え》 (1)If I can't get good grade, I won't go to a college. (2)Bob won't go to a vacation this summer, If he can't get a cheap ticket. (3)What will she do if she doesn't finds her job? (4)Will you be happy, if you can get the job? 質問(A)の(2)~(6)/ 質問(B)の(1)~(4)の答えをチェックをお願いします。自信がありません。よろしくお願いします。

• prominenceII P66,67

"Honestly!"said Catharine. Newt kissed her again. He kissed her again because she wated him to. She shook her head in drowsy wonder. "I've got to go back now,"she said. "Say goodbye,"said Newt. "Every time I do,"said Catharine,"I seen to det kissed." Newt sat down on the close‐cropped grass under an apple tree. "Sit down,"he said. "No,"she said. "I won't touch you,"he said. "I don't believe you,"she said. She sat down under another another tree,twenty feet away from him. She closed her eyes. "Dream of henry Stewart Chasens,"he said. "What<"she said. "Dream of your wonderful husband‐to‐be,"he said. "All right,I will," she said. She closed her eyes tishter,caught glimpses of her husband‐to‐be. Newt yawned. He began to snore softly. Catharine let Nert sleep for an hour,and while he slept she adored him with all her heart. The shadows of the apple trees grew to the east. Catharine came out from under her tree,knelt by Newt. "Newt?"she said. "H'm?"he said.He opened his eyes. "Late,"she said. "Hello,Catharine,"he said. "Hello,Newt,"she said. "I loveyou,"he said. "I know,"she said. "Too late,"he said. "Too late,"she said. He stood,stretched groaningly. Where will you go?"she said. "Hitch into town,turn myself in,"he said. "Good luck,"she said. "You,too,"he said. "Marry me,Catharine?" "No,"she said. He smiled,stared at her hard for a moment,then walked away quickly. Catharine wathed him grow amaller,knew that if he stopped and turned now,if he called to her,she would run to him. She would have no choice. Newt did stop. He did turn. He did call. "Catharine,"he called. She ran to him,put her arms around him,could not speak. 誤字があるかもしれませんが 和訳お願いします。

• 話法教えてください

話法教えてください 1He said to me "Where did you buy this dictionary?" He asked me Where ~ 2Tom invited me to join them. Tom said to me, ~ 3She asked him why he hadn't told her the truth. She said to him,~ 4She asked me if was sure I would get a letter from Judy. She said to me ,~ 5He said to me , "I'm going fisihing tomorrow , Will you come with me?" He told me he was going fishing ~ よろしくお願いします

• 英語で何というのでしょうか?

教会で教えて貰っている英会話の先生に、ある友達が元気がなかったので 何かあったの?と聞かれてうまく言えませんでした。 たぶんニュアンスで伝わっていたかも知れないですが。 私が先生に言ったのは、 She said she doesn't like about herself and everthing now.. 彼女は今、自分の事が、全ての事が嫌になっているって言っていた。 落ち込むというより色々あって『彼女は気持ちが疲れていて、全ての事が嫌になっている』 という表現でいいたかったのですが、、宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 "If we give her blood trensfusion immediately I think we can save your daughter." The doctor's words shocked Mrs Jones as she sat by Susan's bed desperately hoping for an improvement in her condition. "What kind of person would rape an 18-yaer-old girl so violently?" she kept asking herself. "And now I must pray for a miracle because we cannot allow the doctors to give her that blood transfusion." A week later the police arrested a man who confessed that he had attacked Susan. John Garson admitted he had hardly even thought about his victim's terror when threatening her with the knife. Now he remembered how the knife had somehow stabbed her when she atruggled. "How many yaers in prison will I get for rape?" he asked the police officer."Rape? We are charging you with murder,and if the court finds you guily it will be your whole life," was the reply. "Murder? But the knife only entered her stomach once. She can't possibly be dead,surely?" Then the policeman explained how the Jones family belonged to a religious group which believed it was wrong to receive blood from other peopple,no matter how sick you were. Although weak,Susan herself made it clear that she agreed with her mother. And so she had died within a few days. At his trial Garson pleaded guilty to rape,but not guilty to murdur. After all,if Susan had been given the blood she wouldn't have died. Her family's religion was responside for her death,wasn't it? The jury had a diffucult decision to make.

• 次の()内の語に誤りがあれば直して和訳してください

1) I asked her if she (will) marry me. 2) He learned that a littele learning (is) a dangerous thing. 3) I knew that he had to leave before it (gets) dark. 4) We leaned when the French revolution (occurred). 5) She said that she (will) welcome whoever (may) come.

• よろしくお願いします

A friend of our family lost her husband a few years ago. He had very little in terms of life insurance, and she’s been living on Social Security and Medicaid ever since. She told us recently that she used her credit card to pay for funeral expenses and hasn’t been able to pay more than the minimal amount each month. Her debt is now several thousand dollars, and she’s scared that she will be put in jail if she doesn’t pay it off soon. I don’t think that will happen as long as she pays something every month—but I’m not sure. She has thought about going bankrupt, but that would ruin her credit rating which she thinks would mean being evicted from her apartment. Can they? And how can we help her? We can’t really afford to pay it off for her; thinking maybe just a lump sum to pay it down somewhat? thinking maybe just a lump sum to pay it down somewhat?の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳をお願い致します。

I tell you right now, Henry, that critter's the cause of all our trouble. We'd have six dogs at the present time, 'stead of three, if it wasn't for her. And I tell you right now, Henry, I'm going to get her.

• off at a university

My daughter is 19. Her boyfriend is 18. Over the summer, they were busted for smoking marijuana in her car. The officer gave them the option of letting just one of them take the fall. My daughter volunteered; I considered this a very bad decision. If this gets on her record she will lose her financial aid and college will be, if not impossible, very, very hard. Her boyfriend, however, comes from a very well-heeled family. Regardless, she said that she would take the citation and he would pay the fine. Well, the case has now been heard and it was plea bargained down to a lower offense, but it comes with probation and $700 in costs/attorney's fees. Her boyfriend has paid her $200. She says she is fine with that. I am NOT fine with that. He's well-off. She is broke, and is working while going to a local college. He's off at a university, and I think she's worried that if she makes a big deal about this, he'll reconsider the relationship. off at a universityはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の仮定法の問題

次の各組の文がほぼ同じ意味になるように、 ( )に適当な語をいれなさい。 1. I am sorry she doesn't trust me. I wish ( )( ) me. 2. It's a pity you didn't win the game. I wish ( )( )( ) the game. 3. She loves the boy like her own child. She loves ( ) if he ( ) her own child. 4. They lost the game. They should have trained harder. They would have won the game if they ( )( ) harder. この4問がわからなかったので よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m