• ベストアンサー

英語

description= somthing you say or write that shows what someone or something is like これは(you say or write)と(that shows what someone or something is like)が同時に先頭のsomethingを修飾しているのですか? つまり、 somthing that you say or write と、 somthing that shows what someone or something is like のコンビネーションですか?

noname#106030
noname#106030
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

ご理解の通りでいいと思います。 「描写」というものは、あなたが言うか、あるいは書く何か(あるいはもの)である。 「描写」というものは、誰かが、あるいは何かがどのようであるかを示すものである。 という感じで、並列的に”something”を説明していると思います。

noname#106030
質問者

お礼

なるほど。 回答有難うございます^^

関連するQ&A

• 英語No.2

英英辞典からの質問です。 reference =part of something you say or write in which you mention a person or thing これは、 (1)you say or write something(something you say or write) (2)you mention a person or thing in something (something in which you mention a person or thing) の合成ですよね? ややこしい。。

• 和訳お願いします!

次の英文の和訳お願いします(>_<) His jaw is set hard. Comments like "It is not what you said but the way that you said it," or "Why did you say it like that?" or "Obviously it's not nothing; something's wrong," are responses to metamessage of talk. Such requests as "Skip the small talk," "Get to the point," or "Why don't you say what you mean?" may seem to be reasonable. お願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 お願いしたいのは(4)の文です。 前後の文脈が合ったほうがいいかと思うので、 載せておきます。 (1)What are rights? (2)If you ask ordinary people what exactly a right is, they'll probably be at a loss, and won't be able to give a clear answer. (3)They may know what it is to violate someone's rights. (4)They may also know what it is to have their own right to this or that denied or ignored by others. (5)But what exactly is it that is being violated or wrongly denied? (6)Is it something you acquire or something you inherit at birth? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語についての質問

Hey, don't they know what it means To live inside the moment Something to believe in With someone just like you これは正しく文をつなげると、 Don't they know what it means, to live inside the moment, something to believe in with someone just like you? という一文でしょうか? 以下、そうだと仮定して話を進めますが、もし違っていたら御指摘下さい 「live inside tha moment」という表現が分からない 今という瞬間に内向的に生きる、という意味でしょうか? それなら、 something to believe in with someone just like you?は? 「貴方達が、信じることのできる何か」と私は解釈しましたが、 意味をつなげると、「今という瞬間に、内向的に生きることの意味を、彼らはわかってないのか。貴方達が信じることのできる何か。」 文がつながらず支離滅裂になってしまいます。

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **I think this is what you meant by "sense." If someone says you have good taste, they're saying that they admire your ability to appreciate things. It probably means that either both of you like the same thing. If I said it to someone who I did not agree with it would be strange because then I am implying that I have bad taste haha. You can be more specific, like I could say "She has good taste in shoes," which means that I think (whoever she is) has a really good idea of what a good shoe is. "Sense" can be used to express a similar idea though. If I say you have a nice sense of style, it means that I probably think your clothes are cool or the way you decorated your room is cool etc. It's most typically used with "sense of style/fashion" though I think I could probably say something like "You have a nice sense of what it takes to bake a good cake," but it's much easier to say "you know how to bake a good cake." If someone actually does say "someone has a good sense of what it takes to bake a good cake," they're probably trying to communicate that this person is so good at baking cakes that they naturally know what makes it better... It's like how we have a "sense of smell" or a "sense of hearing." That person is so good at baking cakes that it's like they have a "sense of cake."

• これはどういう意味ですか。

下記の英文はなんといっているのでしょうか。 ************************************* ・used to say what job, duty, use, or appearance someone or something has. e.x. A flat stone was used as a table. ************************************* ********************************** ・used to say what someone or thinks, or says a person or thing is. e.x. THe result of last week's election will be seen as victory for the right-wing govermment. ************************************ 恥ずかしながら、ここのwhatの用法が分かりません。解説もいただけたらと思います。 回答を宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の翻訳

To give value, know that something or someone is estimated. So now you know, you are important to me. 自分で翻訳すると、とても意味のわからない文になってしましました。 これは、友達とのメールでの一文です。 どなたか翻訳できる方、力を貸して下さい。

• 翻訳と英語について教えてください。

日本語に翻訳してください(>_<) 話していて内容がごちゃごちゃで意味がわからなくなってしまって... それと、 もしかして相手は私と付き合いたいといっているのですか? Likewiseと言ってしまったのですが 相手はもうこれで付き合ったと勘違いしているでしょうか? ちなみに相手はイギリス人男性です。 相手I would love to be more than friends with you... is that something that might interest you? 私Likewise 相手Really? What have you got in mind gorgeous? ;) 私what do you mean? 相手 I mean, when i say more than friends, and you say likewise, what do you think i mean?

• 以下の英語の問題について、教えて下さい。

以下の各問について(1)~(4)の4つの文のうち語法・文法上間違っているものを選んでください。 全て合っている場合は「間違いなし」とお答えください。また、その理由もあわせておねがいします。 【1】 (1) I prefer red wine to white one. (2) To where is the capital of Italy? (3) How long will the train start? (4) All that glitter are not gold. 【2】 (1) It was N.Y. that I was born. (2) I think difficult to get rid of the bed habits. (3) Let Tom and me help you with your work. (4) He smiled in spite of oneself. 【3】 (1) He is something like his father. (2) Any doctor say something to please his patients. (3) Each boys have their own room. (4) They were talking each other. 【4】 (1) He is a best student of his all classmate. (2) Either he or I are responsible for it. (3) What did you say such a thing for? (4) What do you like this dress? 【5】 (1) Paris is the city which I want to live. (2) He is just that I expected him. (3) I heard which sounded like footsteps. (4) I could not believe what he said. 分量が多くなってしまいましたがよろしくおねがいします。

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Shows you what the rich are like.