• ベストアンサー

並び替えですが

(have / is / Kendo / practiced / the mayor / said / very hard to) in his youth. 上記の並び替えなのですが、正直見当がつきません。 単語から日本語訳を推測して、それにあわせて並び替えるのがセオリーと思うのですが、”市長は若い頃の剣道の練習が大変だったと言っている。”とでもなるのかと考えてはいるのですが、それにしても単語がしっくり来ません。 どなたか教えていただけますか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tknaka
  • ベストアンサー率45% (225/491)
回答No.2

The mayor said Kendo is very hard to have practiced in his youth. だと思います。訳としては「市長は、彼の若いころには剣道の鍛錬はとてもキツかったと言っている」と言ったところでしょうか。並べ替えとなるとこうしか並べられませんが、まだおかしな気が... 問題に何か但し書きが付いていませんか?

creer-b11
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 問題に但し書きは何も無いですね。ただ、並び替えて訳をつけると言うだけです。 おっしゃるとおり、それらしき並びにしても何処かしらしっくり来ないんです。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#102281
noname#102281
回答No.1

The mayor have said very hard to Kendo is practiced 私もあまり納得がいかない答えなのですが、並べるとしたらこうかなと。 間違ってたらごめんなさい。

creer-b11
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。アドバイス参考にさせていただきます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします!

1)Once you meet her, you'll find that she is nice to (talk). 2)Eddy is only thirteen. He is (not old enough) to get a driver's license. 3)Nobody likes to be (made) fun of in public. 4)"John (seems) to like the fried rice." "He sure does! That's his third helping." 5)Tom did not tell the truth (so as not to) hurt his mother. 6)You need not give it to me, if you don't want (to). 7)It is hard to please my grandfather. =My grandfather is ( ) ( ) ( ). 8)We can't complete this task in a day. =It is ( ) (for) us (to) (complete) this task in a day. 9)They need some instructions to tell them what to do. =They need some instructions to tell them what they ( ) ( ). 10)It is said that the mayor practiced kendo very hard in his youth. =The mayor is said (to) (have) (practiced) kendo very hard in his youth. 11)You were so kind as to drive me to the airport. =It was very kind ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) me to the airport. 12)People say this house was built 100 years ago. =This house is ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) built 100 years ago. 問題文が多くてすみません。()内の穴埋めです。 解説や日本語訳を付けてくださると助かります。 添削よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。(構文、文法、単語を含む) "We're trying to do the most we can,but there's almost nothing we can do" said Pedernales Mayor Gabriel Alcivar pleading for authorities to send earth-moving machines and rescue works to help find any survivors. "The work off of the volunteers is very hard so far, trying to find people trapped in these collapsed buildings, " he told Al Jazeera from the capital Quito.

• 単語入れ,並び替えです(;O;)

( )に入る単語選ぶんですがわからないんでお願いします(;_;) (1)あなたはクジラを見たことがありますか。 have you ( )( )a whale? ア.ever イ.looked ウ.saw エ.seen (2)私は沖縄に行ったことがありません。 I have( )( )to Okinawa. ア.been イ.ever ウ.never エ.visited (3)私は、マギーとは2年前から知りあいです。 I have( )Maggie( )two years. ア.for イ.knew ウ.known エ.since (4)私のおじは2001年からずっと香港に住んでいます。 My uncle( )lived in Hong Kong( )2001. ア.for イ.have ウ.has エ.since (5)お腹が空いていますか。 ―いいえ、ちょうど夕食を食べたところです。 Are you hungry?―No,I have( )( )dinner. ア.eat イ.ever ウ.had エ.just (6)トニーはもう宿題を終えたので、テレビを見ることが出来ます。 Tony can watch TV because he( )( )finished his homework. ア.already イ.had ウ.has エ.have 並び替えです。()の中には使わない単語が一つずつ含まれています (1)彼らの菜園は、私達の菜園とほとんど同じくらいの広さです。 Their garden(almost as ,as,is,large,ours,the same). (2)コンピュータを使うのは、車を運転するよりも簡単です。 Using computers(easier,cars,drive,driving,is,than). (3)地球上で最大の動物はなんですか。 What is(animal,biggest,on,the,the earth,very big)? (4)あなたは今までにクマと同じくらい大きい犬を見たことがありますか。 Have you ever seen(a dog,as a bear,as big,is,very big,which)? (5)夜空では、火星はしばしばほかの惑星よりも明るい。 In the night sky,Mars(brighter,is,often,of,other planets,than). (6)この教会は、私たちの町でいちばん古い建物のうちの一つです。 This church is(buildings,from,of,oldest,one,the)in our town. わからないんでお願いします‥

• 添削お願いします。

みなさんいつもお世話になります。 私は会報を英訳しているのですが下記添削頂けないでしょうか? 日本語は以下です。 →副市長は”多文化共生が重要視されてきている昨今、異文化を身近に感じあう大切な機会と捉え、今後の活動に期待している”と述べた。 英訳したものは以下です。 →Deputy mayor said coexistence of culture has been regarded as a most important these days. This association offer us important opportunity to feel cultures, and I hope that this association will be useful for many people.    多文化共生などの単語の訳に悩みましたし、意訳箇所も 多いと思います。 どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• これで通じますか??添削お願いします(>_<)

My best friend lives in Hokkaido and studies oceanology at his college. He is going to take the exam about oceanology for entering grad school next summer. So,he has been studying it since last year. He said it is very hard for him,and but he would try his best. So,I hope he will pass,I want to hold a Passing Party!

• 難しくてわかりません・・・

Once upon a time there were two turkeys, an old turkey and a young turkey. The old turkey had been cock of the walk for many years and the young turkey wanted to take his place. “I’ll knock that old buzzard cold one of these days,” the young turkey told his friends. “Sure you will, Joe, sure you will,” his friends said, for Joe was treating them to some corn he had found. Then the friends went and told the old turkey what the young turkey had said. “Why, I’ll have his gizzard!” said the old turkey, setting out some corn for his visitors. “Sure you will, Doc, sure you will,” said the visitors. One day the young turkey walked over to old turkey was telling tales of his prowess in battle. “I’ll bat your teeth into your crop,” said the young turkey. “You and who else?” said the old turkey. So they began to circle around each other, sparring for an opening. Just then the farmer who owned the turkeys swept up the young one and carried him off and wrung his neck. Moral: Youth will be served, frequently stuffed with chestnuts. といった文章なんです。ここで、モラルに二重の意味が含まれているらしいのですがまったく見当がつきません。長い文章なのですが、どうか教えていただけないでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 「A Matter of Goblins」という本の「kink in time」という単語について教えてください。

ネットに載っていた「A Matter of Goblins」という本を読んでいたのですが、その中で「kink in time」という単語がでてきたのですが、どうしても意味がわかりません。詳しく知っている方がいましたら訳し方を教えてください。ちなみに原文は「Richard poole,was an actor.It seemed very probable that the old legend connected with his house had prompted him to organise what he conceived to be an appropriate entertainment there for his feriends.This was at least a more tenable theory than Mr Butterys of a kink in time.」という文です。その中の「 kink in time」の訳だけおしえてください。おねがいします。

• 和訳をおしえてください。

和訳の宿題をしていますが 一つ一つの単語の意味はわかるのですが 文の要旨がわからず困っています。少し長くなりますが どなたかよろしくお願いします。 (1)When Rudy Giuliani stepped down as mayor, amidst near-universal adulation, at the end of last year, New Yorkers were doubly fearful. Mr Giuliani had been a source of great strength after the attack on the World Trade Centre. Almost as big a fear was that he would take with him his main pre-September 11th achievement, the sharp reduction in (non-crime) crime. "a source of great strength" は「おおいなる強さの拠り所」で良いのでしょうか? Almost as big...以下の文章の和訳を教えてください。 (2) Would his successor, Mike Bloomberg, only recently and notionally a Republican, be as bloody-mindedly committed to the cause? "notionally" は「名目上」で良いでしょうか? as 以下は「ジュリアーニ市長の様に必死に取り組む」で良いのでしょうか? また、"the cause" とは具体的に何を指しているのでしょうか? ちなみにこの文章の前には ジュリアーニ市長が 在任中NYPDを支援しニューヨークの犯罪率が激減したといった内容が書かれています。 長くなりましたが よろしくお願いします。

• story of my life の一文です。

Every man declared that he had seen at least one deer, and that the animal had come very close; but however hotly the dogs might pursue the game, however well the guns might be aimed, at the snap of the trigger there was not a deer in sight. "They had been as fortunate as the little boy who said he came very near seeing a rabbit–he saw his tracks" 下の2行”Thy had---"がよくわかりません。 ” as fortunate as ---” ---と同じくらい幸運だったとするのでしょうが、  ” the little boy” が何なのか見当もつきません、 念のため前に戻り読み返しても少年は出てきません。 お盆休み中とは思いますが、よければお願いします。

• 英文中のunder の用法について

Osaka Mayor Toru Hashimoto's local political group, Osaka Ishin no Kai (One Osaka), widely viewed as the eye of a storm in the event of a Lower House snap poll, said Feb. 12 【it has drawn 3,326 applicants to his "politics school" to be launched in March as the de facto training ground for prospective election candidates under its ticket】. (Kyodo News) 以上の文の【】でくくった場所が読めません、 教えてください。 2月12日、大阪市長の橋下徹知事の政治的集団”大阪維新の会(大阪を1つに)”は、衆議院の解散総選挙の際に台風の目玉となると広く言われた。 彼の政治塾に3326人の志願者を引き寄せた。 これは事実上、将来的な選挙の候補者のための訓練の場であり、3月に送り出される。