keep raising the flagの意味

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「keep raising the flag」は、旗を掲げ続けるという意味であり、この文脈では、経済の回復や財政の健全化のために頑張り続ける必要があることを示しています。
  • 麻生首相は、2011年までに財政のバランスを達成することを目指し、経済対策を最優先に考える必要があると述べています。
  • また、麻生首相は、財政赤字を賄うために更なる国債の発行にも懸念はないと述べました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

keep raising the flagの意味

下記は4月に麻生首相の言った言葉です。 訳でわからないところがあるので、教えてください。 aim at achieving fiscal balance の訳は 「財政の収支を合わせることを目的にする」でよいですか。 we have to keep raising the flagはこの場合、どういう意味ですか。 よろしくお願いいたします。 本文 Earlier in the day, Aso said he would not mind issuing more deficit-covering bonds to fund the stimulus measures. "It's important to aim at achieving fiscal balance in 2011, and we have to keep raising the flag," Aso said. "(But) the situation we are in is extremely difficult. I hope you understand pump-priming measures get top priority." http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200904010024.html

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#111034
noname#111034
回答No.1

2011年には財政収支を均衡させることを目ざすのは重要である。この旗印(政策目標)を降ろすわけにはいかない。しかし,われわれが置かれた状況は,きわめて厳しい。呼び水式経済政策を最優先とすることを,みなさん(記者?国民?)にご理解いただきたい。 こういう意味でしょう。政治経済はさっぱりの分野ですけど。

rocky05
質問者

お礼

よくわかりました。 ご回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• keep in minについてお尋ねします。

1「夜出かけないように(覚えておいて、心がけておいて)してね!」 2「電話をかけなおすのを忘れないでね。」 1Keep in mind that you don't go outside at night./Keep in mind not to go out~. 2Keep in mind that you don't forget to call him back./Keep in mind not to~. このような表現でkeep in mindは使用できるでしょうか? また「~するのを覚えておいてね」と表現する場合be sure toやremember to~等あると思うのですが、これらにno to forget toと続けて「忘れすにするのを覚えておいてね」と表すのは自然でそうか?また1のようにthat節が続く用法があればご教示お願い致します。

• 経済英語の訳・・・

Fiscal Impulse: Cyclical Adjustment We are interested in discretionary changes in the fiscal position of a country. Thus we need a measure of a fiscal impulse, defined the discretionary change in the government budget balance. この文を訳したいのですが、どう訳したら良いかわかりません(>_<) どなたかご教授くださいm(__)m

• USA TODAYに出てくる文の意味

USA TODAYのオンライン記事をつっついていたら、 つぎの記事が目にとまりました。 PHILADELPHIA - Amid the disappointment of losing their first World Series, the Tampa Bay Rays said they are eager to shed their doormat reputation and start a new era. "The biggest thing we learned is to believe in ourselves," outfielder Carl Crawford said in a quiet clubhouse at Citizens Bank Park after the Rays lost 4-3 to the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 5 on Wednesday night. "We always wanted to beat the other teams, but now, we realize that we are the team that everyone wants to beat. This is just the beginning. We are all going to be back in the World Series." 上記最初の段落の最後の文 "... shed their doormat reputation ..." の意味を教えてください。 (なんとなくわかる気がするのですが、 とんでもない誤解をしているかもしれないので)

• We do not always flag spoilers.

表題を翻訳してください。  こういう文章の中で出てきました。 WoWWiki is not a copy of Wikipedia - we do many things differently. The WoW community often uses slang terms, which is in part reflected here. In addition, you may occasionally find information here on some articles that is decidedly not NPOV. Wiki is not a religion here, it is a way of editing. We strive to be as "lore-neutral" as possible. We do not decide what is "official" and what is not - that is Blizzard's job. We record the known information and try to present all sides of any valid controversy. Check our lore policy for further details. We do not always flag spoilers - if new information has come out it will be added to the wiki. We aim to produce easily navigated, high quality articles.  spoilerはネタバレする記事のことでしょうか。 「Urban Dictionary」 http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spoiler 【試訳】 私たちはネタバレする記事全てに警告文を付けているわけではありません。

• 意味を教えてください

My husband and I are both freelancers in creative fields of work and do well financially. We save a little more now that we’re older and we never want for anything. My husband has always made more money more consistently than I do, and with his salary, we are more than comfortable. I am in a field that pays generously but sporadically. Last night, I picked a fight I probably shouldn’t have—it doesn’t matter what it was about. At one point I said, “My feelings are hurt when you talk to me like this.” And he responded with, “Your feelings don’t matter, because I pay for everything.” I was dumbfounded. We went to bed angry, and, honestly, I’m so shocked these words came out of his mouth that I don’t even think I can look at him. What can I do or say here? Should I just keep my mouth shut? Do I have any ground in which to stand—because, as he said, right now, he is paying for most things. we never want for anythingとDo I have any ground in which to standの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。何かの手違いで下記のようなメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。 We regret to inform you that we are not able to process your order. In the past you have made an order with our company however you never sent to us payment. Please call us in directly at 000000. If you wish to proceed with this order. {Also please keep in mind that you have selected Store Pick Up? Do you have freight company in mind} Shipping freight?

• "in 2007-08" の読み方を教えて・・

次は、Economist の一文です。 The Treasury is forecasting that total revenues will rise from 38.3% of GDP in 2004-05 to 40.4% in 2007-08 (see chart). Crucially, this rise in the tax burden is supposed to occur without the pain of tax-raising measures. この中の、"in 2007-08" の読み方が自信ありません。 "in 2007 to 8" なのか、"in 2007 to 2008" なのか、それ以外なのか、教えてください。

• 意味が分かりません。。。

意味が分かりません。。。 Didn`t u see my response.......I said I`m fine being alone. I don`t have girlfriend. But I knew u went dating with other guys. If I had girlfriend I would`nt keep in touch with u to. We can keep in touch. Come visit me in Hawaii soon. 英訳お願いします。 >But I knew u went dating with other guys. このButはなぜ大文字なのでしょうか?   I knew は今知ったのか、知っていたのかどちらでしょう? >Come visit me in Hawaii soon soonはすぐでしょうか? そのうちにと社交辞令的に言っているのでしょうか? >あと、この文を英文にして下さい。 私はデートしていない。ただ食事しただけ。私の中でデートとは特別に思っていて、好きな人とするものだと思っています。なので、この2年一度もデートしてない。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。日本に発送できますか?と質問したら下記のようなお返事が来ました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Thank you for your interest in AAA and sorry we have not responded earlier. At the moment we don’t have a distribution in Japan. Therefore we do not import to Japan at the moment. We are in conversations for a partner in your country and as soon as we find a good match we will connect you. In the meantime, please send us your company profile, store information and interest in AAA.

• pulled in backの意味

My dad delivered bread for a living. We enjoyed each other’s company, so he’d drive home at lunchtime and I’d go with him. One day, we delivered to a large grocery store. When we pulled in back, the manager saw me and said, “I heard it’s your birthday, so go pick out anything in our toy aisle free.”