• ベストアンサー

英文の答えを頂けないでしょうか?

この英文の答えを頂けないでしょうか? Q:Have you checked the library for that book? A:Not yet.( )←ここの部分 次の各組の文がほぼ同じ内容を表すように、()に適切な語を入れなさい (1)I decided to leave that town only a few days after I arrived there I ( ) ( ) staying in that town only a few days when I decided to leave it. (2)The last train hed left the station a minute before I arrived. I ( ) the last train ( ) a minute. (3)There has been a sharp increase in coffee prices this year. Coffee prices have ( ) sharply this year. 日本文の内容を表す英文になるように( )に適切な語を入れなさい。 (1)「どうして日本へ来たのですか」 "Waht has ( ) you to Japan?" (bで始まる語) 上のそれぞれの()に合う答えを教えて下さい。 お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • suikaemon
  • ベストアンサー率47% (9/19)
回答No.1

1. had been 2. missed; by 3. increased (1)「どうして日本へ来たのですか」 brought ->こういう表現は日本人苦手だね。 Why did you come to the U.S.?って聞かれればすぐわかるけど What brought you here? What made you come over here? って言われるとわかんない。 おんなじこといってるんだけどね。

kyame116
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます!! お礼遅れました。すみません>< ひじょうに分かり易かったです!!

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳

After the New Year's holidays, I went to the bank. There were long lines everywhere so I decided to go back in a few days hoping that (the lines would be shorter).   ニューヨークの休日の後、私は銀行に行った。いたるところに長い列ができていたので、私は列が短くなることを期待し、数日後、銀行に行くことを決めた。 hoping that (the lines would be shorter).  は分詞構文で、 as I hoped that (the lines would be shorter). だと考えました。  添削の方お願いします。  

• find O C

「駅に着くと列車は出た直後でした」 I arrived at the station only to find that the train had just left.  と英文があるのですが、only to で「結局~」と言うことは知っているのですが、findは find +O+Cとなることを覚えているのですが、この英文ではfind that the train had just leftとなっていて、 この場合はただ単にOの部分がthat the train had just leftでありfind+Oとなっているのでしょうか? 英文を組み立てるのが苦手で困っています

• 英文のニュアンスの違い

高校英語の採点をしています。 I decided to go to Americaが正解の英訳問題で、 I decided that I would go to America と書いている生徒がいるのですが、どう判断すればいいか 迷っています。 I decided to go to Americaと、 I decided that I would go to Americaのニュアンスの違いを教えてください。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

次の英文の和訳をお願いします。 I leave this year entirely to you.

• 英語の質問です!

When Jimmy arrived, he found the lecture hall crowded with () students. (1)only a few (2)very few (3)few (4)quite a few (), our plan has been going very well. (1)By now (2)In time (3)So far (4)Until then James had a bad cold.() ,he decided not to go to the movie with us. (1)Therefore (2)Meanwhile (3)However (4)Yet I'm not opposed to what you are saying . (), I completely agree with you. (1)On the contrary (2)The contrary (3)Contrary (4)In cotrast 答えの解説もよろしくお願いします!!

• TOEIC問題集掲載の英文について質問

I see that the first two buses have arrived. What time will the third bus be arriving? I heard that the third bus left just a few minutes after the other two (3番目のバスは、前の2台が出発したあと、ほんの2、3分で出たそうです) 質問:3番目の英文の「just」について、副詞で、以下の2つの用法のどちらでしょうか? ((過去形・完了形と共に))ついさっき,…したばかり、たった今 ((略式))ただ,ちょっと,…だけ,ほんの…にすぎない(only, merely) 質問2:justが後者の用法の場合、直訳すると「ほんの・・2、3分にすぎない内にでたそうです」でしょうか?

• 英文の和訳2

If I don't like living here,I will soon leave andeither go back to my own country of find another country where I can be more comfortable. It is true that some foreigners come to Japan to live but find that,after a short while, they don't like it and so decide to leave. But it seems to me that these people are few and the causes for their unhappiness in Japan are usually to be found in their own characters and not Japan itself. 和訳をお願いします>< この英文の前にも文章がありますが、hereは「ここ」などと訳してもらって構いませんので。

• TOEIC問題集に掲載されていた英文について質問

女:I see that the first two buses have arrived.    What time will the third bus be arriving? 男:I heard that the third bus left just a few minutes after the other two,but it got caught in some   heavy traffic coming off the Nimitz Expressway,but I expect it to be pulling in at any minute     now.  (3番目のバスは、前の2台が出発したあと、ほんの2、3分で出たそうでが、ニミッツ高速道路を降り  たあたりで渋滞につかまったようです。でも、もうまもなく到着すると思いますよ。) 質問1: coming off the Nimitz Expresswayは、「分詞構文の付帯状況」を表す用法ですか?つまり、渋滞につかまったときは、高速道路を降りた時と同時だったと。 質問2: I expect it to be pulling in at any minute now.の英文について、expect A to doの用法で、「Aがすることを期待する」という意味であり、つまり、「もうまもなく到着することを期待する」という「期待」の意味がこめられてるのでしょうか?それを意訳したのが、「もうまもなく到着すると思いますよ」

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 On October Second ‘10 I had a holiday and went to car dealer. First, I went to Toyota to see Estima. As soon as I went there, I did test-drive one. It was comfortable, but it wasn’t more comfortable Alfard and Velfire. When all of salesman find I decided to buy a car, they surve me with the greatest survice. After Toyota, I went to Honda. But there was not a car I wanted. When I was about to leave the shop, the salesman tried to prevent me from leaving there by this way and that. When I was feeling an awkward situation, my mobile phone rang at a good timing. It called from Toyota and told me to leave my bag. I left there at once and came back Toyota to receive it. As soon as I arrived at there, the salesman brought my bag to me. I felt I was lucky, as I left the shop. If I left it another place, it wouldn’t come back me.

• 英文が間違っています。教えてください

次の英文が間違っています。教えてください。お願いします。 1. I'd prefer to stay at home tonight to go to the chinema. 2. The guest got up to leave, but their host asked him not. 3. I only did it because I was made do it. 4. I can't afford buying such an expensive home. 5. How stupid for you to believe that man! よろしくお願いします!!