• ベストアンサー

on right now について

The Met has an exhibition on right now that chronicles the development of paper. の文で、この on right nowの役割がよく解りません。これは、普通にちょうど今と訳すのでしょうか?そうすると on が不要と思われます。お手数ですが、アドバイス頂ければ幸いです。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.3

>そのあとのthey は、The Metでしょうか? The Met(The Metropolitan Museum of Art) の人々、つまりその展示会の担当職員達だと思います。 参考になれば幸いです。

その他の回答 (2)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

この on は、副詞の on であると思います (形容詞であるとも取れる?)。 学研『スーパー・アンカー英和辞典』(第2版)には、  [be on] 進行中である、予定である [have A on] A(行事・約束など)の予定がある と出ておりました。

chichiro51
質問者

お礼

有難うございました。

• litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.1

この「on」は 「開催中」ということです。 参考まで。

chichiro51
質問者

お礼

有難うございました。また、軽微な質問すると思いますが、引き続き宜しくお願い申し上げます。

chichiro51
質問者

補足

有難うございます。因みに、当文書は以下の構成なのですが、再度ご質問したいのですが、ここで、It's been のit は、exhibitionを指しているかと思いますが、そのあとのthey は、The Metでしょうか?であれば、単数をtheyで受けるのは間違いだと思うのですが、すみません、お手数ですが、再度教えて頂ければ幸いです。 Museums are very interesting. The Met has an exhibition on right now that chronicles the development of paper. Some of the paper they have on disply is over four thousand years old. It's been so popular that they've already had to hold it over for a second run.

関連するQ&A

• shines a light on a quandaryの訳し方を教え

shines a light on a quandaryの訳し方を教えてください。 The assertion shines a light on a quandary that has troubled American authorities for some time: からです。JapanTimes8/20の1面からです。

• onの意味について

Do you have a piece of paper to write on? この英文のonの意味はなんですか?

• 翻訳お願いします

翻訳していただけるかた、 お願いできますか? よろしくお願いいたします。 I hope the reading has been like a light cast into the shadows, Tomoko, and that it has illuminated parts of the future and the path that this relationship is making. I come now to the end of our time together. However complex and detailed any reading is, it is really just a fragment of ones life. A few aspects of the chart interpreted as this is all there is ever time for. The synastry reading holds within its secret depth both your life and your friends. An infinite web of events, images, feelings, that span great depth and vast extents of time it is not possible in any one reading to show the whole of that picture, just as it is not possible to write your life story on a single sheet of paper. This then is just an insight.

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳 お願いします(>_<) I wanted a mansion once... that is until I met you, Now the only place I want to live is inside your heart I once desired diamonds... until I met you, Now the only sparkle I need comes from within I used to crave the finest clothing... until I met you, Now I want not a single thread to separate our bodies I once coveted a fancy car... until I met you, Now I want nothing that would put miles between us I once prayed for money... until I met you, Now I want none of the things money can buy I once yearned for a sense of security... until I met you, Now my only security comes is knowing you are near I once dreamt of a prestigious job... until I met you, Now I find my success in knowing that you are happy I once asked for the world on a silver platter... until I met you, Now you are my world and I want for nothing but your touch Loving you has been my teacher; you taught me not to want Being with you has been my discovery; you are all that I need Finding you has been my salvation, I now understand grateful But perhaps of most importantly... Your love in return has been my everything

• この英文の訳を教えてください。

The software company has become so large that it now accounts for 60 percent of the total market share. よろしくお願いします。

• 「right」の意味などについて

質問です。以下の英文を And while I fight with frustration about how little power the individual has, she goes 「right」 on changing the world. そして、私が個人が持つ力がどれだけ小さいかという欲求不満と戦っている間に、彼女は「順調に」世界を変え続ける。 (1) 私は「right」を副詞と考え、「順調に」と訳しましたがこれで合っているのでしょうか? (2) 「how」は間接疑問文/感嘆文と考えました。 (3) 「go on」 は「続ける」を訳しましたが、これで合っているのでしょうか? 「go right on」のようにgoとonの間にrightを入れることはできるのでしょうか?不自然なような気がします。 お手数ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• on +ingの訳し方

ある教材に The US dollar plummeted against the yen on mounting fears of a US recession. とあり、on 以下の訳が、「アメリカの経済後退の懸念の高まりを受けて」となっていました。 この場合のonは文法的にどういう役割をするのですか。 on+ingは「as soon as ~」と言う形ならわかるのですが、違う使い方があるのですか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文について

One structural principle that has greatly contributed to the development of syntax is that of c-command. この文の"that of"とはどういう意味ですか? よろしくお願いします。

• The tomato

The tomato orginated thousands of years ago on the west coast of what is now Peru. の文の構成がよくわかりません whatはどういう役割をしているのですか?

• 定冠詞theの使い方がよくわかりません。

定冠詞theの使い方がイマイチよくわかりません。 「一度話題に出た単語を再び使う場合」とか「世の中にひとつしかないものを差す場合」とか、 その程度ならわかるのですが、以下のような例(大文字のTHEで示しています)では何故theが 使われているのか理解できません。冠詞なしでも全く違和感なく感じられるのですが。。。 (1) From the standpoint of strengthening THE international competitiveness of Japan, they compiled another report. (2) They develop technologies for dynamic networks that will dramatically improve THE efficiency of information transmission. (3) To strengthen THE telecommunications infrastructure in preparation for an explosive increase in traffic, they have been promoting research and development. (4) That cannot be easily handled merely by THE independent efforts of users. (5) Japan has to quickly establish THE necessary core technology (6) Research and development of large-capacity optical node technology with throughput at THE 100-terabit level.