• ベストアンサー

これ何て言ってますか?

ucokの回答

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.3

「and may I say~」は、もったいぶってものを言う時や、思いきって何かを言う時に使う表現です。いわば、「きゃあ、あなた、よく言うわね!」と言われそうなことを言う時に使うフレーズですね。 つまり、「ほんと、すごい才能。それに、それに~、言っちゃっていい? 彼、セクシーでもあるよね。むふふ」とでも申しましょうか。 ちなみに、ハテナ付きなのは、「may I say (言ってもいいか)」という慣用句が、たまたま疑問文の形式をとっているからです。あなたに答えを求めているわけではありません。でも、あなたも、そのスターをgorgeousだと思うのなら、「Yes, you may!(うん、言っちゃって!)」と返信してあげるのもおもしろいかも。

sydneyh
質問者

お礼

ucokさん、ありがとうございます。 返信された方は10代の子なので、多分そんな感じで言ってたのかもしれませんね。そして、私が自力でそんな感じですぐに返せたら、海外の掲示板やチャットも、もっと楽しくなるんでしょうね(笑) どうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• He might say so.とHe may have said so.の違いがよく分かりません

「彼はそう言ったかも知れない。」を訳せと言われた時に私は He might say so. という英文が思い浮かびますが、 ”過去形というものは現在形と比較して距離を感じるときに使用される、距離とは時間的な距離や相手との距離である。 時間的な距離が感じられる場合は過去の意味になり、相手との距離が感じられるときは丁寧さをあらわすことになる。 そのため He might say so. という文では「彼はそう言うかもしれない」という現在の意味になる。 「彼はそう言ったかも知れない」といいたい時は助動詞の後にすでにその動作がなされた状態であることを示す必要があるので 「He may have said so.」 という英訳が正しい。” と教えられたことがあります。 しかし、 He might say so. であっても「彼はそう言ったかも知れない。」という意味になるように思えます。 自分なりに考えたのですが、He might say so.とHe may have said so.の違いがよく分かりません。 どなたかご教示いただけないでしょうか。

• 意味上の主語と目的語が分かりません

Every author tries to convince you, his reader, that what he has to say is true and should be accepted as truth. 上の文の what he has to say ですが、 私は what he has to say(彼が言わなければならないもの) と訳したのですが、 参考書を見ると what he has <to say> (言うために、彼が持っているもの) と訳すのが正しいと書いてありました。 その場合はto say の意味上の主語と意味上の目的語は何であると考えたらよろしいのでしょうか?

• 和訳を希望

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 意訳でもかまいません。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Mars is the planet of masculinity, strength. power and passion. You had Mars in Scorpio at birth. This shows things about your future partner and what he seeks. That at the bottom of him your future husband wants a woman who is dignified and reserved and who exudes a mysterious dark power. His desires and passions are very strong. He likes sexual conquest and dominance. He may not show his feelings openly, so you may be uncertain of his love, insecure and too willing, too afraid of losing him, so that you do anything for him and are too yielding, lost under the power of his total attraction. If you are too yielding he will not treat you well. He seeks a woman who is ambitious, intellectual, independent and strongly, irresistible and who has a sense of glamour and reserve and hidden sensuality and spirituality about her. Someone alluring, elusive, who he feels he has never quite conquered..

• このLOVEとかって好きですって意味ですか?

オーストラリアの女の子とメールした時に OH,TOO BAD ABOUT TAHT TEST. I LIKE THAT MOVIE. I LOVE YOU,僕の名前..YOU ARE GORGEOUS... BYE,LOVE,相手の名前 という文章が返信されてきたんですが、 これの場合って深い意味ありますかね?

• 和訳と構文解説をお願いします

But I was flattered and I was too young to have learned to say no to a woman. (Few men,I may add,learn this until they are too old to make it of any consequence to a woman what they say. 上記文章のuntil以下の訳と構文解説をお願いしたく存じます。

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

長文ですが翻訳の出来る方よろしくお願いします。 He is a man who likes music and may have musical hobbies, or could play an instrument, or like composing and singing and recording. He is good at composing but also what transcends his ability to compose is to interpret other work. II think he like music of a classical kind. Also traditional rock Ballard music. Music that he feels has something important to say about life. Guitar music. He likes words and language and may have learned some other language, or be studying it and the culture and music, that goes with that country and language. Domestic life will appeal, and he likes to spend time with his family and pets. Traditional oriental things appeal to him. Both customs and items. He will enjoy cooking and making food, he may have an interest in foods and wines, and will enjoy dinning out too. He will like to attend feasts and festivals. There may be a musical and also a military background in has family that ha inspired him. He also likes military things, involvement in the outdoors, or some militant cause, local environment and its issues, to take a leading part in the community, things like residents associations, local politics, communities issues, he may fight intellectually for his beliefs, likes a great reformer and fighter for his community. Or his military interests may be more out door, arts of self defense, scout leader, outward bound clubs, territorial army, this sort of volunteer soldiering hobby.

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

下記の文章を訳してください! 宜しくお願いします。 He may like travel, and likes peace and quiet in a relationship, dislikes quarreling. He is kind hearted, and is very sensible in a crisis, and able to cope, but in his every day life is the opposite, being indecisive and often uncertain what he really wants, willing to let others influence him or make decisions for him. He is patient and persevering in a quiet way. He is good tempered, a little touchy, his anger become more turned inward than expressed outwardly. He may be inclined towards ideals or else to good causes. He is very honest and hates unfairness cheating or lying or underhand dealing in others. His main fault is too much thought too little action in his life.

• 構文がとれません。

Additionally, international schools are cost-prohibitive for many and too far away for those not centrally located. 『加えて、国際スクールは費用が高い、多くの人にとって、そしてあまりに遠くに位置している。』 and too far away for those not centrally located の部分が構文がとれません。 これはどういう意味なんでしょうか? 教えていただけませんでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

よろしければ文章を訳してください宜しくお願いします。 Every planet has an influence on your future and on the future soulmate. Mercury was in Aquarius when you were born. Your soul mate is loyal and faithful. He has modern ideas and thoughts about the way love and romance should be in his life. He may far ahead of his times, so this relationship will be sophisticated and advanced by other peoples standards. He is open to new experiences in life and love. He is not given to deceiving himself or others and will not do so. He will make observations about you. He will take a great interest and curiosity about you. He can be detached, so that while he may be exceedingly interested in what other people say or know about you, he is not influenced by others views, he observes you and sees the truth, sees things that other people cannot always see. And he is perceptive in this. He may be able to see you from a different angle to others, and his insight will be illuminating.

• 主節が形は過去形だが意味は現在の場合の時制の一致

<仮定法の条件節の動詞・帰結節の助動詞や、could(推量・~かもしれない)、would(推量・~かもしれない)、 may have p.p(~したかもしれない)、had better do>などは、形に過去形(の要素)が使ってあるが、 意味は現在の推量や現在の義務ですよね? これらを主節にとると、従属節の動詞は時制の一致をするのでしょうか? 例えば、「彼は「自分で来れる」と言うだろう」は、 He would say he will come by myself. になるのか、 He would say he would come by myself. になるのか?ということです。 上に挙げた< >のすべてについて、どうなるのか分かる方いらしゃいましたら 回答をおねがいします。