• ベストアンサー

和訳を頼まれました

【】内の文章は私の友人からのメールの内容です。和訳を手伝ってほしいと頼まれたものの、彼女のメールを完全に理解できていないのでぜひアドバイスよろしくお願いします。 【The thing is, it's a story for kid we have to translate, and I don't have many references to see how this kind of stories are usually written.For instance this kind of sentence: "One night, the young girl told Gohei and Ume: I would like to live with you here. Can I become your daughter?- Of course, answered Gohei and Ume."】 I don't have many references to see のreferencesとは参考にする テキストみたいなものがないという意味でしょうか? 【What kind of grammar do you use here? "一夜(that already sounds odd to me -.-)若い(の)女の子はごへい とうめに言いました:あなた達とここに住みたいです。あなた達の娘 に成ればいいですか。-勿論です、ごへいとうめは答えました"】 子供向けの物語と普段の話し言葉は違うのでどういう風に日本語に 訳せばいいのかわからないという意味でしょうか… あなたならどんな文法を使う?という問いなんですよね。 ただ文法といわれても漠然としすぎてうまく説明できず困っています! 前後の文章が全くないので訳し方もそれぞれかと思いますが(そもそも 一緒に住みたい&いきなり娘になりたいと言い出す若い女の子 が出てくる童話ってあったっけ?なんて思ってみたり^^; 誰かの創作かもしれませんが…) 長々とすみません。どうぞどなたかお力かしてください!

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Agee
  • ベストアンサー率42% (414/964)
回答No.1

>"references" 「参考にするもの」ですね。テキスト、本、ウェブサイトなど何でもいいわけです。 >"One night, 「ある夜」です。英語でも"One day..."(ある日)とか"One night..."(ある夜)と云いますから、これが理解出来ない人が日本のお話を翻訳するというのは無理ではないでしょうか。 >あなた達の娘に成ればいいですか 「あなた方の娘になれますか?」→「娘にしてくれませんか?」 >そもそも一緒に住みたい&いきなり娘になりたいと言い出す若い女の子が出てくる童話ってあったっけ? 「鶴の恩返し」でも「雪女」でも、若い娘が「ここにおいてくれ」と云いますよ。 次のサイトに日本語と英語で書かれた絵物語が沢山あります。これを教えて上げればいいでしょう。 http://www.e-hon.jp/demo2/indexen.htm

ss006981
質問者

お礼

こんばんわ、以前にも質問に答えてくださっていて またお世話になりありがとうございます! そうですね、娘になりたいというよりここにおいてくださいって ニュアンスなら有名な昔話にたくさんありますね! 教えていただいたサイト、さっそくペンパルに教えてあげます。 本当に助かりました。ありがとうございます~♪

その他の回答 (1)

• duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.2

こんにちは。お疲れ様です。 1. references というのは、ご指摘の通り「子供向けの物語と普段の話し言葉は違うのでどういう風に日本語に訳せば良いのか分からない」ということだと思います。つまり、英語のおとぎ話はほとんどの場合 Once upon a time ~ から始まって、~ lived happily ever after. と言いますよね。こういった「決まり文句的な子供用童話のフレーズ日本語版が分かるようなソースがない」という話だと察します。 2. What kind of grammar do you use here? というのは、文法云々も然り、むしろ「表現」、すなわち expression が分からないと言っているように思えます。そこに「一夜(that already sounds odd to me -.-)」とあるように、確かに One night は「一夜」とはせずに、やっぱり「とある日の晩」となると思います。 いきなり少女が、ごへいとうめ(お爺さんととお婆さん?)に対して、目上の人への尊敬の念なく「あなた」と言うのも困りますし、「成れば良いですか?」というのも「娘にして下さい」と願い出ているのとはニュアンスが違いますよね。そのヘンのこと全てを踏まえて相手は「物語の中では何と表現すべきなのか分からない」と言っているのではないでしょうか? 3. そもそもこれ、日本人の登場人物がいる物語を英語で書いていて、それを邦訳しようという話なのでしょうかね?   もともと「ごへいとうめ」が出てくる童話が日本のものなら、原文があるのではないか?という素朴な疑問が出てきてしまいました。 それは置いておいて、とりあえずss006981さんができることは、英語ネイティブでも読めるような「日本昔話」などのサイトを教えてあげることでしょうか。「にほんの昔話  童話」と入れるといっぱい出てきます。中にはきっと日・英語対訳のサイトもあると思いますので、ss006981さんが分かり易そうなのを二、三件見つくろって、相手に教えてあげると良いと思いますよ。 ご参考までに。

ss006981
質問者

お礼

こんばんわ、何度かお世話になっております。今回も すごくわかりやすい説明ありがとうございました♪ 毎回本当に丁寧に書いてくださるので助かっています。 お二人から回答いただきどちらにも20Pさしあげたいのですが どうしても決められず回答くださった順番にさせていただきました。 また質問見かけたらアドバイスいただければ幸いです。 ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

I have alot of stress because of school. And because of my ex. And because of my family who thinks I am the one who needs to be solving all their problems. And then I stress because of you because you say how communicating is so important but I don't want to/don't have time to be here writing to you about how shit my life is.

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

I have alot of stress because of school. And because of my ex. And because of my family who thinks I am the one who needs to be solving all their problems. And then I stress because of you because you say how communicating is so important but I don't want to/don't have time to be here writing to you about how shit my life is.

• 和訳お願いします

you kind of caught me of guard with some of your questions. How can I know that there are not other things you havent told me? I don't want to doubt you have given me a reason to be skeptical (wonder about it). It's difficult and kind of unfair that I developed feelings for you before you told me about it. I focus on making the best of each day and letting things happen over time. I don't think I can handle that kind of guilt. I guess I am kind of an independent spirit/person so it takes me a while to really open up and say the kinds of things that you asked me about.

• !至急!和訳お願いします!!!

長文ですが、この文章を和訳していただけないでしょうか? Maybe Paulie's mother was right. On my second Open School Day she told me I was a cheat. She was proud of her Paulie, future electrician, nice kid who planned to start his own business one day. He wanted to marry a nice girl, have a family, and stay out of trouble. I was angry with her. But, at the back of my head a little voice filled me with doubt. Maybe I was a cheat. Maybe I wasn't a good teacher. "I ask my kid about his day in school, and he tells me about stories of Ireland and you coming to New York. Stories, stories, stories. You know what you are? A cheat. And I'm saying that kindly, trying to help." I wanted to be a good teacher. I wanted to fill my students’ heads with spelling and vocabulary. I wanted to help them have a better file, but I didn’t know how. The mother said she was Irish, married to an Italian, and could see all my secrets. She knew my game. When I told her I agreed with her she said,”Ooh, you agree with me? You actually know you’re cheat?” “I’m just trying to do my best. They ask me questions about my life and I answer them. They don’t listen when I try to teach English. They look out the window. They sleep. They eat sandwiches. They want the bathroom.” “Why don’t you teach them what they need to learn―spelling and big words? What will my son, Paulie, do when he goes out into the big world and he can’t use big words?” I told Paulie’s mother that I hoped to be a good teacher one day, confident in the classroom. But until then, I was going to continue trying. I don’t know why, but that made her emotional. She started crying and looked in her handbag for a handkerchief. I offered her mine, but she shook her head and asked,”Who does your washing? That’s the saddest-looking gray handkerchief I’ve ever seen in my life. Your shoes, too. I’ve never seen such sad shoes. No woman would ever let you buy shoes like them. It’s easy to see you’ve never been married.” She brushed the tears from her eyes with the back of her hand. “Do you think my Paulie can spell handkerchief?” “I don’t think so. It’s not on the list.” “Do you see what I mean? You people have no idea. You don’t have handkerchief on the list, but he’ll need handkerchiefs all his life. Every day Paulie comes home telling us these stories and we don’t need to hear them. We’ve got our own troubles. It’s easy to see that you’re new in this country . . .” “No, I’m not new this country. I was born in here. I was in the army here. I worked on the docks. I graduated from New York University.” “See?” She said,” That’s what I mean. I ask you a simple question and you give me the story of your life. Be careful, Mr.McCourd. These kids don’t need to know the life story of every teacher in the school. Just give them spelling and words. Mr.McCourd and the parents of this school will thank you forever. Forget the storytelling. If we want stories, we’ve got a TV Guide as home.” よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

But she wouldn’t kill Katrina if she knew she was pregnant I don’t think, and they will have to announce that she is soon! よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳してください。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳機を使わずに和訳してください。 細かい部分がよく理解できません。 I trying to convince her that she didn't need to ask me for everything, that I wasn't always right about everything, that she should speak up and stand up for herself and argue with me when I had the wrong idea... but she just didn't want to learn. Deep down inside, I discovered, she was the sort of woman who wanted a strong man to dominate her, whom she could lean on and rely on for anything she needed. She wanted to feel safe and taken care of. I don't think that's a bad thing on its own... but over those years I started to become a man I don't want to be: arrogant, controlling, overconfident. Like I couldn't help but enjoy all that power she was always giving me. But I don't want to be that man. And I don't want to live that relationship. I *have* to be able to grow, to learn, to always be taking life as a new lesson, but how can I do that if I'm never wrong about anything? It was too tempting, and it made me a darker person. So, though I loved her very much and it tore my heart to do it, I had to end our relationship. I was not the man she was looking for, even though she wanted me to be. And she was not the woman I have been looking for, even though I desperately loved her beauty and inner light

• 英作文の添削

What kind of person do you think makes a good friend? という問題に50字程度で解答する問題です。文法や単語の使い方が間違っていないか見てください。 I think I can make a good friends who is have own mind.It is because I can have good trust on he/she,and I don't care about how many friends have,but the deep and forever relation,andI have a friend who she is.

• 英語が分かる方、和訳をお願いします。m(_ _)m

状況は、二つの帽子から旅に持って行く帽子一つを選ばなくてはいけなくなり 悩んでいる女性の発言です。 Oh I want to have one of these but I don't know I want one like Yoko Ono did the day she got married, I don't know... Oh we have got to have one of those! 宜しくお願いします。 m(_ _)m

• 私の和訳、どうですか?駄目だししてください

And there were many things and many people, some that still seem to stand out clearly and some that are vaguer; but all these people were beautiful and kind. In some way - I don't know how- it was conveyed to me that they all were kind to me, glad to have me there,andfilling me with gladness by their gestures ,by the touch of their hands,by the welcome ane love in their eyes. いろいろなことがあって、多くの人がいた。今でもはっきりと目立っているように思われるものもいれば、もっと漠然としているものもあるが。でも、すべてその人たちは美しくて親切だった。 ある方法でー私は知らないがーそれは私に伝えられた。彼らはみな私に親切だった、 私がそこにいるのを喜んでいた、そして彼らの振る舞いから、かれらの手の感触から、彼らの 歓迎と愛のまなざしは私を喜びで満たした。   ※一見意味がわかりそうですが、読み返すとなんだか わけのわからない和訳になっていますよね? この和訳にどなたか駄目だししてください!

• 和訳をお願いしますm(_ _)m

海外のインタビュー記事です。 ご協力お願い致します。 ●How do you describe your photography? I would like to think of my work as raw, sexy, youthful and fresh! ●How do you try to capture a person’s character and sense of self in your images? Characters and personalities are so important to me, people are so interesting, why photograph a mannequin when there are so many issues to explore. I don’t intentionally work out how I am going to capture the character, I guess it just naturally happens; I am always interested in knowing the subject and playing with them. ●What elements of your own character do you try to express through your photography? I’m a little bit of a wild child, I’m kind of insane and dark. I guess you can always see the darkness and the wild-side of the kids in my work. I think it’s important to capture the energy and moment. People have said I personally dress as if I were in my own photo shoot. I think it’s important and fun to dress up in the morning, to express yourself, no matter what, where or who you are.  Be creative all the time!