• ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします。

以下の文について、和訳をお願いします。 In politics, then as now, you cannot beat something with nothing.

noname#163856
noname#163856
  • 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

xxyyzzzzさん、こんにちは。 >In politics, then as now, you cannot beat something with nothing. politics は、政治学、政治、政治の動き、政見、などです。 in politics では、政治においては、となるでしょうか。 then as now は難しいですね・・now then というので「その場その場で」「ただちに」 などを意味しますが・・ now and then では「時々」「折々」といった意味になります。 ここでは、今も昔も、といった感じでしょうか。 beat は、打つ、叩く、困らす、打ち負かす、などですね。 以上を合わせると、 「政治では、今も昔も、何も理由なしに誰かを打ち負かす(攻撃する)ことは出来ない」 といった感じになるかと思います。

その他の回答 (4)

• snowbees
  • ベストアンサー率22% (173/760)
回答No.5

"then as now"と "then and now"との違いは、下記のサイトを:

参考URL:
http://www.dillard.edu/academic/dived/overviewfinalr.htm
noname#163856
質問者

お礼

みなさんからの沢山の回答ありがとうございます。 この件については解決することができました。 ありがとうございました。

回答No.4

then as nowって今となっては(その後として今は)? かと私は思ったんですが。 今も昔もなんでしょうか?

• snowbees
  • ベストアンサー率22% (173/760)
回答No.3

"you cannot beat something with nothing" meaningを入れると下記を含めヒットします。たとえば、南米の共産勢力を倒すためには、人権を守り、独裁者を許さないことであると。由来は、ポーカー・ゲームの古い諺の様ですが。 なお、"then as now"は、「昔も今も」でしょう。

参考URL:
http://www.cja.org/cases/Romagoza_Docs/Romagoza_Trial_Summaries/RomagozaUpdate6.25.02.htm
回答No.2

政治では、今は、つまらないことでは何にも勝てない。 政治では、今は、何も持っていなければ、何にも勝てない(打ち負かせない)。 意訳では、何か案がなければ他の案(または既存案)を打ち破れないということでしょうか? う~ん、分かりません。英語最近読んでないんで。 前後の脈絡はどうなっているのでしょうか? beat something やnothingはそれによって意味がかわってくるのではないのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

You cannot force Stan to see the benefits of marriage through your eyes. His relationship with his surviving parent takes precedence over his relationship with you, and right now, Stan interprets marriage as an abandonment of Mom.https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox/s-2030863 Stan interprets marriage as an abandonment of Mom.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いしますm(__)m

well now its 04:37 in the morning...nt sure if you ahead or we of you intime and day.. yesterday i spent most of my time with my friends and watched alot of tv as well こちらの和訳お願いしますm(__)m またどんな感じで返信すればいいでしょうか? お願いしますm(__)m

• 和訳が難しいです。

こんばんは. 高校1年生です.宜しくお願いいたします. 和訳で分からないところがありました。 To create something out of nothing is a wonderful experience. の文です。私はまずは単語を1つ1つ調べてみたんです。 (~まで)(作り出す)(何か)(~の中から外へ)(何も~ない)(です)(すばらしい経験) という風に。ですがどうもうまく和訳にできません. アドバイスお願いいたします。

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 3段落に分けた後半部分となります。 難解な部分も含め、意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Feeling the mans presence around you when he is not there, or sensing his thoughts on you even if you don’t know what those thoughts are, you may feel that he is thinking of you. You may feel just something that your mind cannot quite define or interpret but your own thoughts are frequently drawn towards him in his absence in a strange warm way, as if he too is thinking of you and there as of there is some connection there. Your mind cannot let go of the dream, the feelings the thought, the love that permeates your life at times.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 挨拶、説明文かもしれませんが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Knowledge is like a step forwards in itself, each reading has taken you one step nearer in time than you were before. Like an invisible thread it pulls you towards the future. And nothing works in isolation, in taking that inner step there is an interaction in time and fate, and on an other worldly level that is intangible, unseen but something changes. Every action has a reaction that helps move fate closer in subtle and intricate ways that we can barely grasp with the human mind. You will take other steps one by one, now that the door has been opened, and loves mystical thread will draw you ever closer to your Soul Mate and he to you.

• 和訳をお願いします。

仲の良いALTからラインがきました。和訳をお願いします。 How are you? I hope you are well. As you know by now, I won't be going to Shigishou anymore. Just sending you a thank you message. I appreciate your help and thanks for having conversations with me always. I wish you all the best in anything you pursue. Take care. Sincerely,

• どうか和訳をお願いします

大半は和訳できたのですが一部わからなかったので、和訳して欲しいです。 Through this experience,I came to believe in our common humanity as citizens of the earth. You can even identify Japan by its shape. We often talked with each other until we came to an agreement. この三文だけお願いします。

• 英語 和訳

Our tendency to describe silence as an absence of speech reveals a particular cultural bias,implying that something is missing,but silence is a "something" with purpose and significance. この文の和訳をどなたかお願いします。

• 和訳が分かりません。

以下の和訳が分かりません。 できたら回答いただけたら、ありがたいです。 「 It is a very good idea, especially since you are saying that there isn’t good advertisement there in Japan with photos and videos and the quality isn’t as good. 」

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 There was nothing primitive about this language that flowed from people's hands,nothing we say now that could not be said in the endless array of movements passible with the fine bones of the finguers and wrists. 「,」までですが、訳してみました。 人々の手から流れ出ているこの言語について原始的なものは何もない。 上の日本語であってますか? よろしくお願いします。