• ベストアンサー

次の英文の訳を教えて下さい…

次の和訳を教えていただければ幸いです。mama saved her sewing money.she has bought us shoes for America. 裸足だった難民キャンプの少女が新しい靴を指さしながら言った、絵本での中の言葉です。最初は母親がお金を貯めて縫ってくれたのかと思ったのですが、それだとboughtと合わないのかな…?と思い…。どうかお願いいたします…

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • toko0503
  • ベストアンサー率36% (886/2437)
回答No.3

sewing money は#2さんがおっしゃるように、針仕事のことでしょう。(内職とかパートで縫製(お針子さん)のようなことをしていると思われます) 「母は縫製の仕事で得たお金を貯めて、私達がアメリカに行くための 靴を買ってくれた」

m-ende
質問者

お礼

ご説明と全訳をありがとうございます!本当に助かりました!

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

文脈にもよりますが“sewing money”は恐らく“針仕事で稼いだお金”というような意味だと思いますよ。

m-ende
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます!針仕事という日本語が全く頭にありませんでした…。本当に助かりました!

• luv5296
  • ベストアンサー率50% (1/2)
回答No.1

お母さんが縫うためのお金を貯めて、アメリカへ行くための靴を買ってくれた。 だと思うんですけど、縫うためのお金が何か分かりません;; 曖昧ですいません;;

m-ende
質問者

お礼

とんでもございません!貴重なお時間を割いてご回答くださり、本当にありがとうございます! 時間がなくて焦っていましたので、大変早い回答が頂け、本当に助かりました!

関連するQ&A

• 短英文添削希望

英作してみたのですが、自信が無いので添削お願いします。 ここで靴を脱がなければいけませんか? いいえ、その必要はありません。 Should I take off shoes here? No, you do not need. あと、この問題も解いてみたけれど自信が無いのでよければ見てください。 (1)()を過去完了か過去完了進行形にして全文を書き換えろ。 she wore the new dress that her husband(buy)for her. →she wore the new dress that her husband bought for her.

• 英文訳おねがいします。

I am one of the luckiest girls in the world,"Beatrice declared at her graduation party after earning her bachelor's degree from a collage in connecticut,USA. Indeed and it's approproate that the name of the goat that changed her life was Lack. Beatrice's story helps addres two of the most commonly asked questions about foreign assistance:"Dose aid work?"and"What can I do?" The tale begins in the rolling hills of western Uganda, where Beatrice was born and raised. As a girl, she desperately yearned for an education , but it seemd hopeless. Her parents were prasants who couldn't afford to send her to shool. The years passed and Beatrice stayed home to help with the chores. She was on track to become one more illiterate African woman, another of the continent's wasted human resources. In the meantime, the children of a community church in Connecticut wanted to donate money for a good cause. They decided to buy goats for African villagers through an international non-vernmental oranization (NGO)in Arkansas,USA which helps impoverished farming families. A dariry goat in the NGO's online gift catalog cost $120 ; a flock of chicks or ducklings cost just $20. One of the goats bought by the church went to Beatrice's parents and soon produced twins. When the kid goats were wanted , the children of her family drank the goats milk for a nutritional boost and sold the surplus milk for extra money. The cash from the milk accumulated, and Beatrice's parents decided that they could now afford to send their daughter to shool. She was much older than the other first graders, but she was so overjoyed that she studied diligently and rose to be the best student in the shool. An american visiting the shool was impressed and wrote a children's book , Beatrice's Goat, about how the gift of a goat had enabled a bright girl to go to shool. The book was published in 2000 and became a children's best seller. Beatrice was such an outstanding student that she won a scholarship, not only to Uganda's best girls' high shool, but also to a prep shool in Massachusetts and then to the college in Connecticut. Cutting edge のチャプター9の英文です。 (法政大) 長々とすみませんが、 正確な訳が知りたいです。 どうかご協力お願いします。

• この英文が分かりません。

(1)I assume that the house will not be burn, but the fire gets in on it.. この文でbut以下にgett in on というのがあるのですが、それが分かりません。 なぜinとonがつながってるのでしょうか。 (2)Dont presume on a persons goodnature by borrowing money from her. この文章で presume と goodnatureが分かりません。 質問すると、Presume- to take an unfair advantage.と言われました。 よくわかりません。 (3)The tv that i bought have 2 months guarantee of service.. この文でなぜhasではなくhaveなんですか。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

They may help you on your journey. なんと訳しますか? 前の方の文は以下の通りです。オズの魔法使いです。 "Go to the Great Wizard. You will be safe now," she said. Dorothy stopped crying and thanked the Good Witch. "Look, the Wicked Witch has turned to dust!" one of the Munchkins said to Dorothy. "Take her Silver Shoes, my dear. They may help you on your journey.

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いしたいです。

The study was paid for by Britain's Medical Research Council and the National Institute for Health Research. It was published online Thursday in the journal, Lancet. In an accompanying commentary, Matthew Greenhawt of the University of Michigan described the study's results as "exceptionally promising" but predicted the treatment was still "years away from routine clinical use." He noted that previous research which used a similar approach for milk allergies had failed and said it was unknown if the peanut therapy could produce "lasting tolerance." Unlike other childhood food allergies, children rarely outgrow a nut allergy. Schools across Canada and the United States have taken a host of measures to combat the problem, some airlines have stopped serving packaged nuts and there's been a fierce debate over whether peanut butter should be banned from schools. Lena Barden, 12, used to suffer serious swelling and breathing problems after eating just a trace amounts of nuts. But since she joined the study more than two years ago, Barden's tolerance has grown and she now eats five peanuts a day. While Barden says she still hates peanuts, the trial has allowed her to indulge in previously forbidden treats. "I'd never tried a doughnut before I was 11 because they (could) contain traces of nuts," she said. Then a friend bought a pack and offered her one. "It was amazing," she said. "I ate the entire packet."

• 和訳お願いします。。

次の文の和訳お願いします。。 She has learned to appreciate her experience abroad. このときのappreciateは価値と考えるべきなのでしょうか?それとも感謝していると考えるべきなのでしょうか?彼女は彼女の外国の経験の価値を学びました?直訳になってしまうのですがどうもピンときません。

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします

・The cheap shoes made from old car tires have been used in Ethiopia for many years. ・Alemu decided to focus on the export market because SoleRebels`s shoes were cheaper than shoes from China. ・The customers reacted to SoleRebels`s shoes of unique design as Alemu expected and they began to order them online from the SoleRebels website. ・Using the Internet is one of the secrets of Alemu`s success in her business because it saves certain amounts of money she would have to pay to middlemen. ・There is something we should learn from the success of SoleRebels about helping countries in need of aid.

• 和訳お願いします

少し長めですが、和訳をお願いいたします。 Now, at the end of this virtual visit, I ask the mother if there’s anything else I can do for her today. She says no, she’s set, she just wanted to know if she should bring her baby to the emergency room, and she’s relieved she doesn’t have to. I say great, that she should feel free to call us back if she has any other questions.

• 英文和訳お願いします><

以下の文章を和訳お願いします>< とても困ってます。助けてください; Gambling on a smaller wedding dressーLisa Shumpert has six months to lose three sizes and 40 Ibs. 1. Meet Lisa: Lisa Shumpert is the tallest and the heaviest of all the "Dateline Diet Challenge" brides at 5 feet 9 inches and 308 Ibs. "I am not walking down the aisle looking like a balloon," She says. "Right now I'm the biggest person in my bridal party. I want the attention to be on me because it's my wedding and not because, 'Wow, she's huge.'" Shumpert has battled being overweight all her life. She's tried dieting before but has never been able to keep the weight off. And obesity runs in her family——her father was obese and died of a heart attack when she was 7 years old. 2. But at the age of 29, Shumpert has a lot going for her. She's a successful accounrant and says she gets lots of support from her mother and two sisters. Shopping for a dress wasn't easygoing. "The largest size of The dress I chose still didn't fit me. So it was like, 'Okay, Lisa this is it.' No one wants to not fit their wedding dress." As any bride knows, one of the first decisions is picking a dress which is usually orderd months in advance. So Shumpert is talking a big gamble by ordering a gown three sizes too small for her. To meet her goal, she chooses the appropriately-named "Wedding Dress Diet" by Robyn Flipse and Jacqueline Shannon. Shumpet wants to lose 40 Ibs. by her wedding day. She literally can't afford to fail. 3. Month 1: Shumpert realizes that at this point there is no "Plan B." "If I don't reach my goal, I can't fit in my dress, and my dress would have been bought, " she says. "I've never had a waist, and I would just like to see a waist at some point in my lifetime." To lose weight, Shumpert starts working out with a personal trainer at The Training Loft. She is getting help revamping her eating habits from Flipse, a nutritionist. The "Wedding Dress Diet" emphasizes counting calories. She's limited to 2,200 calories a day — 1,000 less than what she consumes now. And if getting started on a diet wasn't hard enough Shumpert also has plenty of wedding worries, including her guest list: just "My reception hall only holds 175 people. And when I did my guest list just for my family and friends, I had about 169. So that doesn't leave Josh with many people."

• 至急 この英文の訳をお願いします!

What's the best way to help people in other countries? I used to think it was sending money or food. That type of aid is important, but it is more important to provide long-term help. Recently, two organizations have developed creative ways to do that. The first way of helping people is called "micro-lending". An economics professor won a Nobel Prize for creating a bank that has loaned tiny amounts of money to about 7 million people in rural Bangladesh. By borrowing as little as US $4 form the economist's bank, people were able to start their own small business. (1) rural women bought cell phones or supplies to make clothing. Some sold clothes in their villages, while others started a new type of business, renting cell phones to villagers who needed to make calls.