• ベストアンサー

trophyism は社会学の新語でしょうか?

次の英文はキューティーハニーのオープニング曲に対するコメントです。trophyism の意味がわかりませんでしたし、辞書にもありませんでした。社会学の新語でしょうか? No wonder western-style trophyism (older guy/younger woman) is the norm there, as western media portray Japanese men as eunuchs.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • purunu
  • ベストアンサー率42% (518/1214)
回答No.1

もともとは狩猟で、得た獲物の見事な部分(立派な角)などを戦利品、トロフィーとして収集し誇示する傾向を示した語のようです。 確かに最近の社会心理学では、「女性(女体)を収集し誇示する傾向」を示す用語となっているようです。

関連するQ&A

• That's it.

That's it. には「そこだ、その通り、それが問題だ、などいろいろ訳し方があるようですが、次の文ではどんな訳がいいですか。 教科書の文章です。 Supporters of the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis would say that this example shows different thinking patterns in English and Japanese. Speakers of English categorize sibllings as being male or female,and {that's it}. Speakers of Japanese,on the other hand,not only categorize them as being male or female,but as being younger or older. 参照文としてこの文があげられています。“Isn't this the key you lost yesterday?” “That's it,thanks." この文の訳は「これは君がきのうなくした鍵ではないの?」   「その通り、ありがとう」で合っていますか。 教えてください。

• 英訳お願いします

Regardless of the variety of each individual British worker's experience with and interest in Japan, it is only natural for the British worker's as Westerners to approach work with a Western methodology as opposed to a Japanese methodology. "The difference between the two," one Englishman found, "lies in the fact that (A) must concentrate more on maintaining harmony while the Westerner concentrates more on the job at hand. The Japanese method is an excellent (B) of gathering support and additional input, (C) often does so at the expense of time and, with the Japanese method, a good job must sometimes be sacrificed for the sake of compromise or saving face." To this Englishman, the Japanese method was, therefore, a good way of maintaing office relations but not of accomplishing the job at hand in a timely or effective fashion. For example, many English workers have found that Japanese colleagues must spend more time on paperwork than on the (D) itself. Both Japanese and Western methodologies have their good and bad points. However, in Japan , the way of pursuing profits or assuming responsibilities is frequentry (E) important as the work itself, what one English woman referred to as "the classic Japanese Western struggle of from versus content." (A) Americans, British, Japanese, Westerners (B) account, information, means, part (C) but, so, thus, very (D) history, job, leisure, study (E) as , so , too , very のどれがはいるのか教えて下さい。 できればその根拠もお願いします。 そして最後にらこの全体の訳おねがいします。 多くてすいません。

• It is no more Western than it is Arab or Indian or Japanese or Chinese.

英文: The vision of science is not specifically Western. It is no more Western than it is Arab or Indian or Japanese or Chinese. のうちの後者の文: It is no more Western than it is Arab or Indian or Japanese or Chinese. の意味は次の1と2のどちらでしょうか? 1. それ[科学的な見方]は西洋のものではない。それがアラブのものでもなく、インドのものでも、日本のものでも、また中国のものでもないのと同様に。 2. それ[科学的な見方]は(部分的には)西洋のものであるが、その程度[度合い]はそれがアラブのものであり、インドのものであり、日本のものであり、中国のものであると言える程度を決して超えるものではない[同程度だ]。 ある解説は、いわゆるクジラ構文とみて1の解釈を取っていました。私は、文脈から2かな、と思っているのですが自信がありません。 どう考えればいいのでしょうか?ご教示ください。 《補足》 上の英文は以下の文章の第5、及び第6文です。 There is no such thing as a unique scientific vision, any more than there is a unique poetic vision. Science is a mosaic of partial and conflicting visions. But there is one common element in these visions. The common element is rebellion against the restrictions imposed by the locally prevailing culture, Western or Eastern as the case may be. The vision of science is not specifically Western. It is no more Western than it is Arab or Indian or Japanese or Chinese. Arabs and Indians and Japanese and Chinese had a big share in the development of modern science. And two thousand years earlier, the beginnings of ancient science were as much Babylonian and Egyptian as Greek. One of the central facts about science is that it pays no attention to East and West and North and South and black and yellow and white. It belongs to everybody who is willing to make the effort to learn it. And what is true of science is also true of poetry. Poetry was not invented by Westerners. India has poetry older than Homer. Poetry runs as deep in Arab and Japanese culture as it does in Russian and English. Just because I quote poems in English, it does not follow that the vision of poetry has to be Western. Poetry and science are gifts given to all of humanity. (04/search?q=cache:0U_32WEvMLgJ:www.nybooks.com/articles/1886+%22there+is+no+such+thing+as+a+unique+scientific+vision%22&hl=ja&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=jp)

• きになる新語

おくさまは中古とたまに、見るのですが、どう言った、意味なんですか。

• これって「新語 ?」ってありますか ?

CMで良く見ますが、「スシローぜ」 他には「何で食べロガない」 これってCMとして作られていますが ちなみに日常生活で使ったりしているのでしょうか ? 私の周りでこの言葉を耳にした事もないものですから。

• この和訳は合っていますか?

この和訳は合っていますか? いつもお世話になります。英語ができないところへ意訳のセンスもないのですが、この和訳は合ってますでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。 Where as for you in our relationship you think about us and your feelings for my condition is very strong you care very much. I think that is the Japanese culture for the woman to care for the man. I like this part of you but like I said to you before I will not treat you like the Japanese men do. I want you to be the same as me. I want you to be next to me and not behind of me. I can not think of anything that I dislike about you . You have not given me any reason too. あなたに関しては私達の関係で私達の事と私の状態をあなたが気にかけるのを強く感じます。 私はそれは男性を気にかける日本の文化であると思います。私はあなたのこの部分は好きですが、私が日本人の男性のようにあなたを扱わないと以前言いました。 私はあなたに私と対等にいてほしいです。私はあなたに私の後ろでなく私の隣にいてほしいです。 私はあなたについて嫌いにな何も考えることがありません。あなたは私に何も理由を与えなかった。

• 「社会生命」という新語に何をイメージできますか?

「社会生命」という新語に何をイメージできますか? 私にとっては10年も前から聞いていたので「新語」ではないですし、最初に聞いた瞬間、ピンときて、イメージが腑に落ちた。これを教えられれば「悪平等」も理解できたし、清掃業務等の1部を除き、フレキシブルに「プロジェクト型の生産(会社組織の不要化)」へ移行した方が、楽しい事に全力を上げるだけ=生きる事=働く事、となり、古代の遊びと仕事の区別なき時代の原理で社会を調和よく回せる・・・・・・と連想が広がっていく。 とはいえ、制度(ハード)側からの改革だけでは、片手落ちであり、「人一人に正しく伝える以上の革命は無い」というソフト面が最も重要だが・・・

• 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

It is interesting that the term "loser dog" fouses only on women when, in fact, there must be an equal number of unmarried, childless men as well. This contrast probably reflects women's lower status in Japanese society, even though a woman, Junko Sakai, wrote the book and invented the term. It is doubtful whether unmarried men would be called losers, and if they were, it is equally doubutful the term would become widespread. 日本語訳 面白い事に、実際には同じ数の未婚で子供がいない男性がいるはずなのに、「負け犬」という言い方は女性に対してだけ焦点を当てているのです。この本を書き負け犬という言い方を提唱したのが酒井順子という1人の女性であるにもかかわらず、おそらくこのコントラスト(=男女の対比)は日本社会における女性の地位の低さを反映したものでしょう。 未婚男性を敗者と呼ぶかは疑わしく、かりにそうであってもこの言い方が社会に広く浸透するかどうかも同じく疑わしいのです。

• これはうまいこと言ったもんだ☆、と思う新語を教えて。

私が最近感心したのは、「大人買い」。これはセンスあるな~すごくうまく作ったな~って思いました。 実は三省堂「デイリー 新語辞典+α」に載っているんですね~♪ http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/search.php?MT=%C2%E7%BF%CD%C7%E3%A4%A4&kind=jn あまりにローカルな言葉はなしでお願いします。

• ドリフの新語

ドリフはさまざまな流行語を生み出したのはいまさら話すことはないでしょうが、兼ねてからずっと思っていた(あるいは確信に近いもの)ことがあります。「ずっこける」という表現と「セーノー!」という表現です。{イッセーノセー!}という表現(みんなで力を出すときの言い回し)が「セーノー!」に短縮されたのは間違いないと思いますが、とにかくこの二つの表現は全員集合でドリフが言い出した新語ではないかと僕は信じています。どうでしょう、僕は間違っているのでしょうか。意見をお聞かせください。