• ベストアンサー

英語の和訳に関しての質問です。

Asking how much money one makes is polite conversation topic. という文なのですが、 訳は 【     】は礼儀正しい会話のテーマです。 ってかんじでしょうか? 【】ないは、なんだかうまく訳せず、です。 ご教授お願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Agee
  • ベストアンサー率42% (414/964)
回答No.3

ANo.2です。 >oneを一般的な「人」と考えると、someoneと同じに考えていいのでしょうか? 同じです。特定されない一般的な「誰か」ですね。テストだと直訳風にしなければいけないのかも知れませんが、"Asking how much money one makes"のような場合、私なら"one"を無視して「収入について訊くようなことは」と訳します。

h08271012n
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 BAに選ばせていただきました。

その他の回答 (2)

• Agee
  • ベストアンサー率42% (414/964)
回答No.2

妙な文章ですね。人の収入を尋ねるのは礼儀正しい話題とは思えません。"is not polite"か"is impolite"(失礼な)ならば解りますが。 アメリカの場合、日本と違って週給も一般的です。質問の文では期間は限定されていませんから、単に「収入」とすべきです。 "one"は一般的な「人」を表しています。特定されない「誰か」です。"Asking how much money one makes"は「人の収入を尋ねること」です。

h08271012n
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 oneを一般的な「人」と考えると、someoneと同じに考えていいのでしょうか?

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

「幾らお稼ぎになるのでしょうかと質問することは」→「年収はお幾ら位でしょうかと尋ねるのは」、、、 答案の回答なら、 「月収、年数を相手に(Asking how much money one makes )という風に尋ねるのは」

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

An authentic way of making the price down, it’s make it smaller feed into, how much is one carton and how much is one 作業員さん, and what is the 時給 and getting precise precise and or then what’s this fee, and what’s this fee and make it shrink and shrink.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

オンライン英会話がテーマの自由英作文です(前半) I wonder how other people study English conversation. There are many schools out there where learners can speak to native English speakers and it is definitely one of the best ways to go learning there. However, as is often the case, they cost us much money, and of course, we couldn't improve our English conversation only by going there. Therefore it might be difficult for ordinary people to go there continuously until they learn enough. 途中のカンマの多い長い文はこれでもいいのでしょうか? よろしくおねがいします。  

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。

Gender differences in the meaning of these words start early. In our gender dialogues between seventh-grade boys and girls, their comments and questions often focus on "talk": BOYS: Girls talk for most of the conversation so we don't have to talk. GIRLS: How come boys don't talk first? How these gender differences can be used in dialogue to heal the relationships between women and men is the topic of our discussion. 最後のパラグラフなんですが和訳に手こずっています…

• 英語の質問 how much

TOEICの勉強をしていて、 As we are not sure how much business to anticipate, we are only going to send one staff for now. という文がありました。 to anticipate を選ばせる問題だったのですが、このように how much の後が文章になっていなくても成り立つのでしょうか?

• howで様態の程度を聞くとき、元の文はどうなるの?

howで様態の程度を聞くとき、元の文はどうなるの? 例えば How old is he? ←He is old. これはわかります。 しかし、 How often have you been to London this year? は、元の文に戻すと You have been to London this year. なのか、それとも You have often been to London this year. なのか。 あるいは、 How much money does he have? は、 He has much money. なのか、 He has money. なのか。 これは、元の文には全く無い副詞や形容詞がhowで様態の程度を聞くときに出てきているのでしょうか? しかし元の文の名詞(上の文であればmoney)が疑問詞に引っ張られているため、元の文に全く無い副詞や形容詞というわけでもないようにも思えます。 Howで様態の程度を聞くとき、いったい元の文はどのようなもので、そこから何が起こっているのでしょうか?

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

There is another difference that visitors often notice in American schools. There is less importance given to the learning of facts than is usual in the school systems of many other countries. Instead, Americans try to teach their children to think for themselves,to ask questions, to explore, and to develop their own intellectual and creative abilities. Students spend much time learning how to use resource materials, libraries, statistics, and computers. Computers are used in many classrooms, frequently stating in kindergarten. The American system of education is based on the idea that if children are taught to reason well and to research well, they will be able to find whatever facts they need throughout the rest of their lives. This is America's answer to the question that thoughtful parents around the world are asking the world are asking themselves in this fast-paced time: "How can one prepare today's child for a tomorrow that one can neither predict nor understand?"

• ざっくり和訳してください。

I'd really like to know, what in the name of all that is holy makes this razor worth that much money? I can't even fathom paying that much, unless I were so rich I could just use money to start a fire. Please enlighten me. Thanks, and no offense meant

• 英語を日本語に訳してください!

次の文の日本語訳をお願いします。 ・A question I would like to get answered is how you would start a conversation in Japanese. この文の前半は分かるんですが、後半のhow 以下が分からなくてどう返信すればいいか分からず困っています。

• (英語)映画でわからないところがあります。

映画(An education)を見ていてわからないところがあり、質問させていただきます。 The trouble is that's where St John's Smith Square is. この文で、that's ~の部分がしっくりきません。 The trouble is where~ではなくthat is where となるのはなぜでしょうか? 似たような文をtedで見つけました。 I have one last thought, which is that it really makes a difference what we say-- the wards that come out of our mouth. このwhichはone last thought なのはわかるのですが、このitはなんでしょか? 私なら、 I have one last thought, which is that makes a difference what we say~ にしてしまいます。 これもちょっとしっくりきませんが。。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の和訳に関しての質問です。

ちょっと長いですが、ご教授お願いします。 In American culture,informarity is important,but it certainry isn't a challenge to someone's authority to use his or him last name. It might be if one uses the first name when expected to use the family name. よいう文なのですが、私の訳は 「アメリカ文化では、形式にとらわれないことは重要であるが、彼や彼女のラストネームを使用することは誰かの権威を????」 「誰かがファミリーネームを使うことを予測したとき、起こりうるだろう。」 と共によくわからない日本語となってしまいます。 ご教授お願いいたします。