• 締切済み

A friend??

A friend is sweet when it is new… it is sweeter when it is true…. but you know that….. it is the sweetest when it is you… を訳すとすると、sweetを親切でとらえるのか、恋しいみたいに訳すのかを教えてください。  どう訳せるでしょうか??

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• Agee
  • ベストアンサー率42% (414/964)
回答No.4

御質問の文章は、最初はただの一般的なお友達で始まり、真の友達に発展し、最後には愛の告白みたいになっています(愛と云っても、この文は女性から女性に呼びかけているとも取れる、ニュートラルな愛です。勿論、男性から女性へ、女性から男性へでも可能な表現になっています)。これら三つ段階の"sweet"を一つの日本語で訳すのは難しいと思います。 LDOCE(Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English)の"sweet"を見ると、「甘い」の他に「心地よい」(例:sweet smell of success)があり、さらに"gentle, kind, or attractive in manner"(することが優しい、親切、魅力的など)となっています。 LDOCEの最後の定義は「マナー(ふるまい、作法、行動)」を形容するものであって、人そのものを形容するものではないのですが、意訳(超訳)が許されるのなら、「魅力的」で統一することは出来ます。 「知り合ったばかりの頃、お友達は魅力的…。親友になるともっと魅力的…。御存知?それがあなただと最高に魅力的…」

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.3

「すてき」で、いいんじゃないでしょうか。ちなみに「恋しい」という訳は知りません。で、詩だから「…」があるわけですよね。

回答No.2

あの、…がたくさんあって分からないんですけど。。

lalaport
質問者

補足

すいません。。 原文をそのままコピーしたものですから・・・

回答No.1

どちらかといえば 親切 のほうがいいと思います

lalaport
質問者

補足

新しい友達は親切だが、親友はもっと親切。 でも、わかってるっしょ??一番親切なのは君だよ みたいな感じですか?

関連するQ&A

• 至急訳してほしいです!

I wonder if friend Einstain knew that time goes faster when you ' re with a friend. Dad, You act scary But I know you ' re really weak. Sorry I noticed. My name is Kiyoko , My older sister is Kanako, The dog is Ran, surely you can handle that much. Why was it that we fought? Why was it that we reconciled? It's a wonder. When you cry, I cry. When you smile, I smile. When you laugh, I laugh. When you dance, I laugh. Mother , don't die. Until I say it's. all right, don't die . Until I have finished repaying everything, don't die.

• フレンズ、1stシーズン第6話でのセリフについて

こんにちは 「フレンズ」ファーストシーズン第6話のチャンドラーのモニカとレイチェルへのセリフです。 No, no resentment, believe me, it's worth it. 'Kay? Y'know in a relationship you have these key moments that you know you'll remember for the rest of your life? Well, every- single- second is like that with Aurora.. and I've just wasted about thirty-five of them talking to you people, so, uh.. Monica, can you help me with the door? ここで ”every- single- second is like that with Aurora.” の訳が ”オーロラとの1秒1秒が貴重なんだ” となっていたのですが、どうしてこのような日本語訳になるのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• Once Upon A Dream

前回の質問にタイポがあったのでここで質問し直します。 今更ですが、眠れる森の美女のOnce Upon A Dreamの歌詞の意味をちゃんと知ってから覚えて歌いたいと思います。 美しい日本語に訳すことは望んでいなくて、冗長でも説明的でも良いので、オリジナルのディズニーアニメの中に出てくる歌の意味がわかるように教えてくださいませんか? 丸投げではなんですから、トライしてみます。敢えて和訳のサイトは見ていません。 A-Z Lyricsから借りました。 I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream 私はあなたを知っている、いつだったか夢であなたと歩いたことがある。 I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam 私はあなたを知っている、あなたの瞳を覗き込むと、一瞬で思い出す。 ※ a gleam というのが、like a short time reflection みたいなことをアメリカの人が言っていました。 ここの歌詞は文法がどうなっているのかしらと思います。 上記の訳は何か変ですね。 この瞳、知っている、よく知っているわ!というような意味だと思います。 フラッシュバックみたいな。 And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem そして目に見えるものが決して全てではないと私は知っている。 ※ vision とは何でしょうね。 vision は見かけ通りであることは滅多にないというのは真実だと私は知っている。 But if I know you, I know what you'll do でも私があなたを知っているなら私はあなたが何をするかを知っている。 You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream あなたは私をすぐに好きになるでしょう、夢でそうなった通りに。 ※ 素敵な歌ですね。体を揺らしながら聞いちゃいます。 では、よろしくお願いします。 Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-aah mmh Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-aah mmh, mmh-mmh, mmh-mmh But if I know you, I know what you'll do You'll love me at once The way you did once upon a dream I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem But if I know you, I know what you'll do You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream

• 英語が得意な方、和訳お願いします!

英語が得意な方、和訳して下さると助かります。 baby in a few more days we get to see each other. i know how it is to have hard times and how important it is to have a great support system so you wont let it slow you down or bring your feelings down. i know your friends are there for you when you need them but there are situations where you need to handle on your own. i want to always learn how to change your mind and help your feel positive in your life. i want you to feel like you are growing all the time. i know that what is not growing is dying and when you feel like that you can't help but wonder what is the meaning of your life? when you feel like you are growing, you never want to die; you just want to live forever. feel like yelling out "i love my life" . that is what i hope i could be for you. make you feel and scream out " i love me life". i wont give up on you! i just want you to know that! with or without me i only want you to be happy!!! 長文でお手数おかけしますが、宜しくお願いします。。

• To a beautiful friend 🌺

To a beautiful friend 🌺 There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore... And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, There's a reason why they didn't make it to your future. Give these flowers to everyone you don't want to lose in 2017 including me, if that's what is in your heart. Try to collect 5; it's not easy. これってどういう意味ですか?

• friendって?

悶々としているので、相談にのってください。 わたしはネットで知り合ったアメリカ人男性に片思いをしています。彼はあまり時差のない国に住んでいて、3ヶ月ほど毎日チャットをしていました。 そのときの印象では、彼とはバーチャル恋愛をしているような感じでした。わたしは会話を通して、彼のことがとても好きになりました。このままでは映画の登場人物に恋しているのと同じだと思い、会いに行ってきました。当然現実の人物はわたしが想像していた人とはかなり異なる部分がありましたが、同時によく知っている人でもありました。デート(?)はとても楽しく、わたしはバーチャルが現実に引き続くと思っていたのですが、彼の答えは I do not know でした。 以下がその後のメールの抜粋です。 I don't see why the relationship can't continue as friends.  If you feel something more than friendship for me, thank you, I am grateful. But honestly, I don't see anything developing further, especially in the short term, if we don't have the opportunity to get together from time to time. That is just how I am, who I am. I am sorry if that upsets you. However, if you want to continue the friendship we do have, I would be more than happy and grateful for that. I am glad that I got to know you and that you had a chance to come to 彼の住んでいた国. このまま辛抱強く交友を続ければ脈はあるのでしょうか。それとも体の良い断りでしょうか? その後チャットができない環境になったのですが、メールは定期的に交換しています。 どうも彼の(あるいはアメリカ人の)friendの定義がよくわかりません。日本人のとは違うように思うのですが・・

• 和訳、御願いいたします

たびたびお世話になります。告白したらこんな回答が来ました。 なんとなくは、解りますが正確な和訳を御願いいたします。 somethimes,being friends is more better than being lover. Don't you notice that being friend is more free to talk to each other but not lover. I'm looking for a true heterosexual friend for a long long time. I thought your difference. But It's the opposite. you make me feel disappoint on that.

• Have you ever had a feeling that yo

Have you ever had a feeling that you know is right that everything you feel is so strong even after the mind tries make you feel it is just some fantasy or an impossible dream ? このメールの意味を教えてください。  お願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします

taro, That is the problem is your friend not me.! Good lasers take long time to build.! I cant deal with people that are im patient. You new from the beginning it was going to take long time because i did not have the hosts. I though the host will be in in Less then 3 weeks but it took nearlly 1 and 1 1/2 months. I know that you buy my lasers and re sell them to friend to make money and that is fine however you needed to tell your friends that it takes long time to build 3mode saik 1.7W-1.8W lasers. You know people sell lasers o this forum 3 a week and the look nice but there cheap junk inside. I put 1 laser up a week and its high quility. See the diffrence. I can tell you taro that dealing with you and your friend that you 2 have been the only too people to act like this. I hve never had anyone tell me iam slow, Not even jiro would say such a thing.! Because they know its not nice. Anyways, If you promise never to do such a thing again because if you do i will find out right away, But if you promise never to ask anyone to make a laser or laser heatsinks or parts that i make Iam will to forget about what happend iand start fresh. Let me know If you re Genue

• it is everything butの意味は?

What a rip off that they are allowed to call it "original" when it is everything but!のwhen it is everything but!はどのような意味になるのでしょうか。食べ物がオリジナルのものとは違うことを怒っているという状況です。教えていただければありがたいです。