• ベストアンサー

訳を教えてください。

I've got a vile hang-over for the moment, but will be feelign better this afternoon and will look for you about five in the sweat-shop at the Ritz. 「私は当分は汚らしいhang-overを持っていたけど、今日の午後に  は良くなるだろうから、リッツにある労働搾取工場で5時くらいに  あなたを探しに行くわ。」 hang-overを考えてみたのですが、どうしても何が言いたいのか 良く分かりませんでした。それから、後半部分も少し 自信がありません。 小説の一節ですので、限界があるかと思いますが、 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.5

F. Scott FitzgeraldのBABYLON REVISITEDですね。この種の質問の問題は、個々の単語が、その小説の文脈を知らないと理解できない場合が多いと言うことです。 「私は今はひどい二日酔いだけど、午後には持ち直すから五時頃にリッツのバーで会いましょう」 ここで一番問題になるのはsweat-shopの訳です。 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_Revisited 上記の要約を見ると、Lorraineが書いたこの手紙について When he returns to his hotel, Charlie finds a note forward from the Ritz bar from Lorraine. と書かれています。 Ritz BarがLorraineのメモを転送してきたと言うことは、LorraineはRitz Barで働いているのではないでしょうか。 ハイソな場所であるRitz Barが搾取工場であるわけはないですから、これはLorraineが自分の職場をさげすんで言った言い方ではないかと思います。 つまり「私のひどい職場」でしょうか。別に日本語でもっといい言い方が有るとは思いますが。 とりあえず、上記の前提で"the sweat-shop at the Ritz"は「リッツのバー」とだけしておきました。

suika19850
質問者

お礼

参考URL,ありがとうございました。 非常に参考になりました! また、見かけましたら宜しくお願いします。

その他の回答 (4)

回答No.4

すみません、No.3です。 うっかりdirty hang-over と書きましたが、勿論vile hang-overの間違いです。意味は変わりません。

回答No.3

No.1の方がお書きのようにhang-overは「二日酔い」、dirty hang-overで「ひどい二日酔い」です。そしてI've gotは過去の意味ではなく、このメールか何かを書き送っている時点での現在形で「今は二日酔いがひどいけれど」ということです。 sweat-shopはsweet-shopの見誤りではありませんか。「Ritz」はご存知でしょうが世界的に有名な高級ホテル、「労働搾取工場」ではあまりにも不釣り合いですね。 おそらくは「ホテルリッツの喫茶(か菓子店)に~」という意味にだと思います。

suika19850
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!そういえば、hang-overの訳、 どこかで聞いたことがある気がします。 sweet-shopも、仰るとおりですね。 また、宜しくお願いします。

• isazawa
  • ベストアンサー率22% (4/18)
回答No.2

前の方もおっしゃってましたが 二日酔いです。 ちなみにこのサイト便利ですよ。 http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/ 英語からポルトガル語まで・・・

回答No.1

こんにちは。 hang-over は「二日酔い」という意味があります。 これで後半部分の意味も明確になるのではないかなと思います。 参考までに。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の訳

下記は英国での紅茶のあり方について書かれた長文の一節です。 If a person does not feel well, or is sad or disappointed for some reason, someone will immediately offer to make him `a nice cup of tea'. One reason for this is that a cup of tea is something over which one can talk , and talking is a way of easing one's feeling. 内容は大体分かるのですがsomething over which one can talk あたりがどのような文法になっているのかわかりません。解説お願いします。

• 訳をお願いします。(1)

Anyway, don't forget to watch Smackdown tonight as they've got a great show lined up for you, and enjoy the Update... First off, in a wacky bit to start off, we've got former WWF wrestler "The Warlord" stepping into court with ... the ever-so-notorious Pizza Hut Corporation. As odd as that may sound, it's very true as Warlord was apparently given several neck and back injuries after a Pizza Hut delivery-boy rammed his car from behind. Now, this may be old news for some of you considering the accident happened in June 1996, but it's only now that Warlord has decided to sue the company. Terry Szopinski [WL's real name] has also made it clear that because of this he cannot only never wrestle again, nonetheless pick up anything too heavy. Total damage costs over the three years rack up over one million, which is the exact number that Terry will be suing Pizza Hut for. よろしくお願いします・・・。m(__)m

• お手数をおかけ致します。訳をお願い致します!!

"Prices will surge as more and more people compete for an ever-dwindling supply of dwellings," said Phillips. Brown said the first thing he did in council was to halt the sale of council housing stock and he had already announced plans to clear the red tape for people wanting to build new houses. "The industry is continuing to shrink but we can see the looming shortfall will hit us sometime next year. We may have to look at bringing tradesmen over from China, Philippines or Malaysia - but it's likely Japan and Australia will be trying to attract them as well."

• 並べ替え・穴埋めの添削をお願いします!

1)My parents got married twenty years ago. =My parents (have) (been) married (for) twenty years. =( ) is twenty years ( )my parents got married. 2)I finished my homework, and then I watched a baseball game on TV. =I (had) already (finished) my homework when I watched a baseball game on TV. 3)Fred started using the computer two hours ago. He is still using it. =Fred (has) (been) (using) the computer for two hours. 4)Nobuyuki (not/over/the flu/get/has) yet. He still feels pretty weak. →has not got over the flu 5)Emi (in/have/be/Australia/for/will) a year next month. →will have been in Australia for 1~3は穴埋め、4,5は()内の並べ替え(※動詞を変形)です。 書けていないところもあります。 添削・解説よろしくお願いします!

• すみませんが、翻訳をお願いします。

すみませんが、翻訳をお願いします。 力量不足で僕には難易度が高すぎます。どうぞ宜しくお願いします。 Please try to look after yourself and I will not sincerely with any friend cuz it's so hurt of me to make me got cried for 2 days. friend cuzのcuzは多分間違えだと思います。僕の解釈ではcueかcurしか思いつきません。

• いろいろ英文法

I hope the rain holds on until the parade is over. のholds onが間違っているらしいのですが、どうしてですか。willが必要なのですか。 onがいらないのですか。 Look at that group of boys over there, what are they doing? のover thereのところが間違っているらしいのですが、どうしてでしょうか。 How I wish I had studied harder for my mid-term exams? のmy mid-term exams?は、?がいらないということでしょうか。 In the depth of the ocean lie adventure and wonder for most divers. のlieが違うらしいのですが、これまたどうしてでしょうか。

• 訳の添削をお願いします。

お世話になっております。 宜しければ以下の文章の添削をお願いしますm(UU)m 宜しくお願いします。 【以下、クラブ開設二周年を祝っての文章です】 It’s our 2nd anniversary at this lovely home :-) (今日は)この愛する家の2周年記念日だ! It’s a place where we can all throw in our emotions and at the same time, encouragement each other too, isn’t it? ここは僕達の心情を交わし合う場であると同時に、お互いに励まし合う場所でもある。そうでしょ? I know we’ve got a big room for improvements but tell me, whose family is perfect in this world? 僕達はすでに改善のための広い部屋を持っているのは分かっている。けれでも教えて、この世界でどこに完璧な家族が存在すると言うの? Let us not focus only on the ugly side but also appreciate the beautiful side of this home ok. 僕達は醜い側面のみに焦点を当てるのを止めるのではなく、このホームの美しい部分をよく理解して味わうんだ。いいかな? I promise we will all see improvements in 2013 and CZ team is ready to deliver a better experience for all of us :-) 2013年、(さらに)向上した所をお見せできると僕は約束するよ。そしてすでにCZチームは僕達すべての人々により良い経験を配る準備が出来てるんだ。 BTW, I already got my CZ 2013 diary and I really love my own design haha… Be sure to use it once you’ve got it, yeah? :-) ところで、僕は既にC2013年度のCZ手帳を手にしていて自分でデザインした(手帳を)本当に気に入ってるんだ。 (だから) いったんそれを手に入れたら必ず使ってね? Happy 2nd anniversary… 2周年おめでとう Love you all :-) 愛を込めて

• 和訳お願いいたします!

Any place were we can be together is a good place for me! I just wanted to make sure it's also convenient for you. See now I will be on holiday and I have enough time. I'll try to look for a hotel this afternoon. I was wondering do you still have your boarding passes? I think it's good if you would apply for a Air France frequent flyers card ... maybe you will fly to France a lot in the future ... I hope so :) When I'm in Tokyo I will arrange it for you ... it will be my pleasure to help you with this.

• 文法が分かりません。

it's gotten a lot better. 上記の文は、下記の一文からでたものです。 So we do that for a while, we skip over a little bit, and then we train the machine learning algorithm based on these couple of hundred things, and we hope that it's gotten a lot better. got の用法として、使役と、受け身と得るなどの意味があると思いますが、 get O1 O2という用法の受け身版なのでしょうか? だとしてもit により良い結果を与えられるという解釈でいいのですか?

• 英訳お願いします💦怖くて死にそうです。

The reason is that I am having difficulties getting over my ex girlfriend. We seperated many months ago but for some reason it's been very painfull for me the last few weeks. Again, i am sorry and I hope I will feel better about it soon and can forget her.