• ベストアンサー

英訳をお願いします

in my opinion this is like bullying. bullies emphasize others' bad points while not recognizing their own. うえの二つの文を、「私の意見としては、いじめる人は自分の悪い点を棚に上げて他人の悪い点を強調しているという点で、これはいじめと同じことといえるのではないだろうか。」というふうに、「~という点で」でくっつけてほしいのです。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

こんばんは~ 私のぞみも、そんな「英語の達人」ってわけじゃないけれど、ある程度の「経験者」としてご参考までに二通りの英訳を出してみました。私なりに、自信は有る積りです。 一つは、tomoekensinさん風・改良版。 もう一つは、これをのぞみが喋るとしたらどうなるか?いわゆる「のぞみ流」。 ちょこっと長くなりますが、それぞれ、解説付きでお送りします! ---------- まず、出来る限りtomoekensinさんの使う単語を使ってみると、こんな感じかな… It seems like bullying to me that emphasizing others' weaknesses while not recognizing their selves. 解説:冒頭で、「It seems like -- to me」として、「それは、私には~に感じる」という感じにします。 次に、「that以下」で「~に感じる」部分の解説としました。 単語の使い方では、「bad points」ではいかにも平たい感じがするので、「weaknesses」としました。それと、意味合いからすれば、「their own」よりも「their selves」の方が近いかなと思いました。 直訳すれば、「彼等自身を棚に上げて弱味だけを強調するのは、(彼等を)いじめている様に、私は感じる」となりましょう。 ---------- のぞみ流でいくと、こんな感じかなー… For me it looks like bullying that does not mention his/herself but points out anyone's weaknesses. 「私にとって」という意味合いの「For me --」を強調し最初に。 「棚に上げる」を、「自分を出さない」という意味合いで「does not mention」としてみました。 「強調する (emphasize)」ではちょこっと文語じみてるな~って思ったので、「(重箱の隅を)突っ突く」という意味合いの「point out」を使っています。 does not mentionとpoint outの間は、所謂「not -- but」の公式を使います。 ちなみに、「it looks like bullying --」を「it is bullying --」に変えると、断定的でより強い表現に出来ます。 これで日本語にすると、「自分の事を出さないくせに誰か(他の人)の弱味ばっかり突っ突くなんてのは、私には『いじめ』にしか見えん!」という感じですね。 ちなみに「that以下」の文法上の解説:thatはbullying(名詞)を意味し、主語となります。「Bullyingがhis/herselfをmentionしない (=does not mention) くせに誰かのweakness(es)だけはpoint(s) outする…」という感じの訳し方と見て頂ければ良いでしょう。 「that (=bullying)」が主語ですから、当然、3人称単数現在で、that以下の動詞には「s」が付きますよ!また、「他人」は普通、誰かを敢えて特定せず単数で表現するので、「others'」ではなく、「anyone's」になります。 こんな感じで如何でしょう?

tomoekensin
質問者

お礼

すごく詳しく書いていただいて、本当にありがとうございます。 助かりました。

その他の回答 (2)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.3

I think this is bullying in that they emphasize the wrongdoing of somebody else while ignoring on their own evil. This is a kind of bullying, which I think can be defined as accusing the wrong of someone else without reflecting on his/her own. In my opinion, you can call this bullying, the essential feature of which is to emphasize others' bad points while never acknowledging their own.

tomoekensin
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。参考にさせていただきます。

• love-dct
  • ベストアンサー率29% (41/139)
回答No.2

As my opinion, this could call those who tease the same thing as bullying in that shut its eyes to one's bad point, and others' bad point is emphasized.

tomoekensin
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。参考にさせていただきます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳 添削など。

訳したので添削してください。 勇気のある人についてにプレゼンをします。 文が少し足りないので足してもらっていただけたら嬉しいです。だいたい2分~3,4分くらいでプレゼンしたいと思います。 添削だけでも結構です。 または、全く違う勇気がある人についての話があれば書いてほしいです。 これが、自分が考えた文です。 クラスのある人がいじめられていた。 私は見て見ぬふりをしていた。 だか、私の友達はいじめられていた人を助けようとしていた。 もし、助けて次にいじめの標的にされるかもしれないというのに。 だか、彼は助けた。 彼は悪い人たちにいじめをするなと説得した。 結局、いじめはなくなり、その友達もいじめられることはなかった。 私はその友達はとても勇気があるなと思った。 私もこのように勇気のある人になりたいと思いました。 One of my classmate was treated as a tool. I closed my eyes . However,my friend was going to help the person. If he help the person, the next bullying target he will be come. But,he helped him. He persuade the bad guys dont bullying others. In the end, bullying stopped and my friend did not become the target of bullying. I thought my friend had courageous. I thought that I would also like to become as courageous as he was.

• 正しい英文かどうか、チェックしていただけませんか

It also has a few disadvantages. But in my opinion, the good points far outweigh the bad points. (それは不利な点もいくらか持ってはいるが、私の考えでは、有利な点が不利な点をはるかに上回っている) 英文、和訳共に問題は無いでしょうか?ジャッジしていただけましたら助かります。

• 英作文

英作文なのですが、これでうまくかけているかどうか、チェックしていただけますでしょうか。また、名詞構文を使ってということなのですが、あまり意識はしませんでした。いろんな表現方法があれば、教えていただけると助かります。 彼はたいへん筆まめで、両親に手紙を出さない月はありません。 He writes so often that he writes letters to his parents every month. 話上手な人は、他人の意見を尊重し、他人の意見の正当性を認めた上で、しかも自分の意見を認めてもらおうとするものである。 A person who speaks well respect opinions of others and admit what is right about the opinions of others, and at the same time have their own opinion appreciated.

• 英訳が分かりません;

(1)私はフィラデルフィアについたら、そこで飛行機に乗り換えて、その人に会いに行くことになっていたのですが。(supposeを使って) Suppose I got to Pfiladelphia, I would change planes and go to see the person. (2)時々寝坊して朝食をとる時間がありません。食べるのは週に2,3回です。 I sometimes oversleep, so I have no time to have breakfast. I have it a few times a week. (3)テレビの最大の特色は非常に多くの人に対して、同時に、同じ情報を伝えることが可能であるという点にある。 The greatest characteristic of TV is ~~~   (この後の「という点にある」というのが分かりません;) (4)人生ははなはだ不平等である。百の歳を保つ人もいれば、人生半ばで癌で逝く人もある。(only halfway through one's lifeを使って) The life is very unfair. Some keep one hundred years old , while others die of cancer in only halfway through their lives. 添削お願いします(>_<)

• When you are having an argument wit

When you are having an argument with someone, you are usually not trying to understand what the other person is saying, or what in their experience leads them to say it. Instead, you are thinking abou t your response:listening for weakness in logic to leap on, points you can twist to make the other person look bad and yourself look good. の中で 『points you can twist to make the other person look bad and yourself look good.』 の和訳問題があったのですが 答えが『相手の立場を悪く見せ、あなたの立場を良く見せることのできる点』と書いてあったのですが、 points you can twistの直訳『あなたがねじまげることができる点』の訳文は何故いらないのですか? 教えてくださいm(_ _)m

• 次の英文の日本語訳の添削をしていただけないでしょうか。

次の英文の日本語訳の添削をしていただけないでしょうか。どうぞよろしくお願いします。 《英文》 Boys are less capable than girls in this regard, as are children who are physically smaller than others their own age. 《日本語訳》 この点では女の子よりも男の子の方が劣っている。というのも、男の子は同じ年齢の女の子よりも、体つきが小さいからだ。

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

文法ミスや、その他改良すべき点ががありましたら指摘していただけるとありがたいです。 テーマ:小学校における外国語教育の是非 In my opinion, children should not study a foreign language in an elementary school. It is true that learning another language enables us to communicate with people who speak the language, and to see the world in a new way. However, I believe that people in their early days ought to learn their own language deeply. It is because mother tongue has a very important role in their lives, and peole could establish their identity by studying it enough. Furthermore, children in an elementary school already have many subjects to study, so it is not able to be thought of as a wise selection to made children have more burden. For these reasons, I emphasize that children should study their own language deeply insted of learnig foreign languages.

• 日本語訳にしてほしいです。

They have also theorized about the causes and consequences of people's behaving in individualistic and collectivist ways and discovered that people are typically both individualists and collectivists. The best states of individual and societal health are linked to the balance between these tendencies. Many problems of modernity can be linked to too much individualism, whereas a lack of human rights can be attributed to too much collectivism. Collectivism may be initially defined as a social pattern consisting of (a ) linked individuals who see themselves as parts of one or more collectives (family, co-workers, tribe, nation); are primarily motivated by the standards of, and duties imposed by, those collectives; are willing to give priority to the goals of these collectives over their own personal goals; and emphasize their connectedness to members of these collectives. One definition (b ) linked individuals of individualism is a social pattern that consists of who view themselves as independent of collectives; are primarily motivated by their own preferences, needs, rights, and the contracts they have established with others; give priority to their personal goals over the goals of others; and emphasize rational analyses of the advantages and disadvantages of associating with others. (a) と(b)に入る単語も教えてほしいです。ア~コまで当てはまるものを選んで下さい。 ア. loosely イ. distantly ウ. slowly エ.nearly オ. openly カ. friendly キ.enthusiastically ク.closely ケ.mostly コ.quickly

• 英文の和訳2

If I don't like living here,I will soon leave andeither go back to my own country of find another country where I can be more comfortable. It is true that some foreigners come to Japan to live but find that,after a short while, they don't like it and so decide to leave. But it seems to me that these people are few and the causes for their unhappiness in Japan are usually to be found in their own characters and not Japan itself. 和訳をお願いします>< この英文の前にも文章がありますが、hereは「ここ」などと訳してもらって構いませんので。

• 和訳して下さいm(_ _)m

Yes very much, people of japan are hard working, they have their own and beautiful culture and traditions:) also as much i know, they are of helping nature too and i don't think there is any reason that one shouldn't like japan. Although good and bad people are everywhere but in fact after my country i like japan most in this world. What do you think about India? 和訳して下さいm(_ _)m