• ベストアンサー

英語→日本語

お世話になります。 英語から日本語への訳で止まってしまいました・・・ (1)bother someone from 【bother】というのは、「困らせる、悩ます」という意味ですよね。 《bother someone》で「誰かを困らせる」ですけど・・・ なぜfromが必要なのでしょうか? (2)the number of seconds 調べてみると、「秒数」とでてきました。 でも、訳が英文にはまりません(泣) (3)I would spend in the lift. これは、「エレベーターをよく使った」となるのでしょうか? (4)I went shopping to do so. これは全く分かりません。 「私はそうするために買い物に行った」でしょうか? (5)Only on Sunday can I enjoy a more fun. これは倒置ですよね? 「日曜日だけより楽しい」でしょうか? (6)As long as you were not angry, it was fun! 「あなたが怒らない限り、楽しかった!」 日本語成り立ってない気がします・・・ (7)Something that would take me less than 10 minutes in a supermarket. 【Something that】の訳し方が分かりません。 「10分未満スーパーマーケットにいること」・・・? 本当に分かりません・・・ (8)It took most of morning. 「それは大体朝です」・・・? こんなんで大丈夫でしょうか? 本当に分からなくて困ってます! 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#88772
noname#88772
回答No.2

全体的に一文だけ書かれただけでは訳はできないと思います。 それまでのやり取りや文を書かれた感情によって変化するからです。 参考までに(4)のI went shopping to do so.について まず切りましょう⇒ I went shopping / to do so. to+不定詞は「~するために」ではありません。文内で足りない情報を埋めるイメージです。 「ショッピングに行った」と聞いただけでは 「何の為に行った」のか「行ってどうした」等の情報が足りないですよね? その情報を埋めるのにto+不定詞を使っています。 そしてこの一文だけではto+不定詞が埋めている情報の特定ができません。 おそらくこの文の前にそれを埋める情報が含まれていると思います。

s000r0r0w2
質問者

お礼

一文しか書くことができなくて、申し訳ありませんでした。 こんなに訳しにくいものを回答していただき本当に嬉しいです! ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

noname#73834
noname#73834
回答No.3

ちょっと寸断されすぎていませんか? 引用をもう少し長めにしていただかないと、読むほうとしては、つらいですね。 まあ、でも。 (2)と(3)は、たぶん連続でしょう。 […] the number of seconds I would spend in the lift […] →「私がエレベータの中にいる秒数は(…)」 もちろん、これでも、文章としては未完成です。 (4)は合っていますよ。 合っているのに「全く分かりません。」とおっしゃられているようでは、相当苦しいですね。 (6) >日本語成り立ってない気がします・・・ 日本語成り立たせてください。 「少なくともあなたが怒らないでいてくれた点は、楽しかったよ!」 私の訳もうまくはないでしょうけど。 (7)と(8)について。 >【Something that】の訳し方が分かりません。 というよりも、takeの訳し方が分かっていませんよ。問題はtake (took)です。 (7)=「スーパーの中で私が10分以内で済ませてしまう作業があって、それは(…)」 とにかく、英文自体がブツ切れですからね。 (8)=「それをやっていると朝の時間のほとんどが消えた(朝の大部分は、それ以外に何も出来なかった)」

s000r0r0w2
質問者

お礼

私が文章を寸断しすぎてしまったようですね。 訳しにくいのにご回答くださってありがとうございました。

• purunu
  • ベストアンサー率42% (518/1214)
回答No.1

(2)だけ。 the number of apples =りんごの数。日本語には「りんご数」という表現はない(と思う)。 the number of seconds = 秒の数、で意味はあっています。日本語ではこれを単に「秒数」と言います。

s000r0r0w2
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました! とても分かりやすかったです。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語訳お願いします。

Consider, for example, that the existence of a single human thought requires the highly complex interaction of hundreds of neurons. In order to separate mind from brain, it would be necessary to think of each neuron as something distinct from its function, which is a little like trying to separate the seawater that provides the substance of an ocean wave from the energy that gives the wave its shape and motion. The existence of the wave requires both elements: without energy, the wave would fall flat; without water, the wave energy would have no expression. In the same sense, it is not possible to separate individual neurons from their functions; if it were possible, then a thought could be feed from its neurological base, and the mind could be seen as something separate from the brain, a free-floating consciousness that could be considered a “soul “.

• 英語→日本語 お願いします

日本語訳をお願いしますm(_ _)m Of all the small devices in our digital stock, cell phones above all have undermined a sense of community. Only a few years ago, if you approach ed someone using a cell phone in publice, that user would quickly end the call and apologize to the person in his or her interpersonal space. That etiquette soon changed. If interrupts , the cell phone user would apologize to the person on the other end.More recently even that etiquette has changed ー so much so that interpersonal interaction has been lost in the process. A cell phone user now typically ignores any person within earshot. I call this "the 'it' factor". Users turn everyone in their presence into mere objects, an "it" , as if that person did not exist.

• 日本語から英語へ

In the future, I would like to become a teacher, and teach as much as I can to people. The reasons are, firstly, because I like to teach people. But still, it is difficult to teach in any case. So I want to be a teacher that can tell what I want to tell clearly. Secondly, this occupation is a job that gives us a chance to communicate with all sorts of people from all sorts of countries, and know about them. This can be the reason of why I want to work for this occupation. And now, to make my dreams come true, I need to study. Studying is important, and I would continue to put effort to become a teacher. Thank you very much. と、いう文章を日本語へ翻訳していただきたいのですが、よろしければお願いします。

• 日本語に訳して下さい!!

I know from previous relationship, in argument, if someone said something to hurt me, I know if I do something back it will make the argument worse, but I did anyway >.<;; but I think I'm better now than before

• こなれた日本語にするには?

He hoped that something good, for someone, would survive this night. 単語は全て基本語です。私は直訳気味でしか訳せませんでした。 「彼は、誰かにとって、今夜何か良いことが残ることを願った」 と、こんな感じでも良いのですか?

• 英語のメールを日本語へ訳して下さい。

yea ..so you know is totally from me ... i make it by looking on the real art image and the using the text like pixel and type the image in the email... i want it to sent you something nice.that it will make you smile ... よろしくお願いします。

• 英語で説明希望 日本語助詞「と」

日本語の助詞についておしえてください。 日本語のテストありますので。 I am in the middle of studying japanese for JLPT3 and I need your assistance for figure them out. Here is the 2 questions. (1)because of you I became stronger (in Japanese!) So I wrote: 毎日私は強いなります。 Someone said it meant strong like fighting. and "よろしくお願いします” to be about studying! I didn't know the kanji/words it's using. I would like to know why it is and what it is. (2)Thinking "my japanese is slowly better because of you". I wrote 私の日本語がゆっくり良いのであなたです。 Someone said 私の日本語がだんだんと良くなるのは、あなたのおかげです。is correct. But most of people said it is a little awkward and they would say they can omit と and だんだん~になる seems more natural to say. I have no idea which is correct and why it is. That's when I realized, , I need なる to make it "becomes better". I also knew "だんだん" but I didn't know why it used "と" or why と"? Why not just "だんだん良くなる?" Your assistance would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

• 日本語訳を!!c7-8

お願いします!!続き Do you feel that you get to know the people who lived in the places you are excavating?You really do.For one thing,there are fingerprints all over everything.You know,they're patting the clay and them it gets fired.And even though Harappa is a pretty disturbed site,every once in a while you stumble on something that is obviously just the way someone left it.We were digging in this little alley behind a house and found a little pit someone had dug,with some river mussels in it.It was their leftover lunch.And the Harappa are very creative people.Their figurines have a lot of character.It's hard to see humor across the centuries,but I certainly see people having a lot of fun with those figurines.Or maybe having a connection would be a better way to say it,since some of them are scary.Plus,my colleague is very good at that sort of thing.We'll find a pendant and he'll say someone must have been really upset to lose that. If you could have one question answered about the sites you've excavated,what would it be?I think I would probably want to know how the five great cities of the Indus were connected.Were they independent?Did the same family rule them all?That's what I'd lile to know. I think the really important thing about archaeology is that it connects people with the past.It's something we all share.No one in my family came from South Asia,but now I feel like that's a part of my heritage,too.Knowing about how those people solved their problems of living together in cities makes me think about the ways we try to solve a lot of the same problems in our cities today.The Indus people were so creative.I feel a lot of respect for them.And I feel like I share something with my colleagues in Pakistan.I think people need to appreciate each other's history.

• 日本語→英語

1)ホームワークの課題から外れているかも  2)乾電池を良く使うので、充電池を使っています 3)充電する時は、単3は単3、単4は単4、混ぜて充電し   ない様にします。  4)電池を使い捨てないので、環境にも良いです。   5)300回繰り返し使えます。             6)皆さんためして見ては、如何です? 1)Is it off a problem of homework? 2)Because I use a dry cell well, I use charge    Pond. 3)When I charge it, as for single 3, single 3,   single 4 mix single 4 and do not charge it. 4)No. 300 is usable repeatedly. 5)Because I do not throw it away, it is good    that I use a battery in environment. 6)I test it, and are all of you state of things   when they look?   日本語から英語に直したいのですが、   よろしくお願いします。

• 英語から日本語に訳してください!!

どなたか下記の英文の翻訳をお願いします<(_ _)> (1) I do find you attractive but what I see that really jumps out at me is the gentleness in your eyes. (2) the light in your eyes spoke of confidence and so much caring that I felt you were staring straight into my soul. (3) I prayed for friendship never dreaming you would want to take it beyond that.