• ベストアンサー

英文和訳

Lincoln used his spare time wisely. Every one of you probably knows the story of his walking miles to borrow a book. リンカーンは余分な時間を賢く使った。本を借りるために、リンカーンが何マイルも歩いたという話を、誰もがおそらく知っているであろう。   この和訳であっているでしょうか?添削の方お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • T-Simoo
  • ベストアンサー率46% (37/80)
回答No.1

his spare time を「余暇」とした方がいいかと。あとは完璧です。

kittenandcat
質問者

お礼

有難うございました。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトではわかりづらかったので質問しました。 almoner? がこちらのプリントのミスなのか辞書でもでてきませんでした。 誤字はないと思います。 For most of his life he had worked as a commercial artist. "I did a bit of tickling" delicate lettering and design for advertising blocks. In his late sixties he experienced long spells of illness. When he was able to work he went as bottlewasher to a dairy. He was obliged to gibe up work finally because of ill-health and growing infirmity at the age of seventy-two. Since the death of his wife his social activities had contracted. He did not get up for long and rarely went out, except at week-ends for his pension and his shopping. Even his visits to an infirm brother living some miles away had fallen off. "I used to go over and see him every Tuesday night last year up to that fog we had in November. Then I just lay on my bed coughing my and coughing. Coughing all day and night, thinking my time had come. But it wasn't to be." He regretted not having children, especially a daughter, who "might have stood by me when I got old", and he had no nephews or nieces living in London. The neighbours saw little of him. Next door was "Mrs Lipstick and Powder, that's what I calls her, always going out." On the other side was "Mrs Fly-by-night. She rushes past me on the stairs now, like some of the others, without asking how I am. Not that I mind. But they used to do it and since I came out of hospital and go around just like a decrepit old man decrepit, yes - I suppose they don't like to ask how I am in case they feel they should do something. But there - life's like that, isn't it?" He had lost touch with all his friends and did not approve of old people's clubs. "They're all clicks of decrepit old people." His opinion of national assistance officials, doctors, almoners, and nurses was favourable, except that sometimes they "kept you in the dark" or "treated you like a little child". He had refused offers of a home help, mainly, it appeared, from a sense of privacy, shame of his home, misunderstanding about payment, and suspicion of the sort of woman who would come. His memories of contacts with doctors and hospitals were extremely vivid and he recalled at length some of his experiences. He talked about an almoner who was "a lovely looking party", about his new dentures, "I don't wear the top, it's more comfortable', and with pride about his one perfect faculty, his eyesight. On occasions when he could scarcely walk it never occurred to him to ask his doctor to visit him; he preferred to make painful journeys to the surgery.

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

The third things to say is: we need to understand what we now call the core competencies of your organization. What are we really good at? That also requires something you shouldn’t do. You probably, by now, all have beautiful methods of capital allocation. Before you make a decision to invest, you make thirty studies and you may be advance enough to use all four ways we know to analyze a capital investment. When I started business almost 70 years ago, we used these methods which were in every book, but we could not apply them because it would have required hundred of clerks.

• 和訳をお願いします!

1 She touched me on the head kindly. 2 Father's thoughts were far away in Chicago with Mother. 3 Once we were out walking in a forest, when we saw on the snow the tracks of a polecat. 4 Then his anger disappeared, as bad feeling often does at the sound of beautiful music. 5 Those who listen to his music can probably know as much about him as we do. 6 Poor Japan! She seems to suffer more disasters than we do: earthquakes, fires, floods, and disasters of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and Pacific tests---and now this typhoon damage. 7 Now I bade farewell to my family, I am happy to die. 8 The cave-dweller who painted a bison probably did so to bring good luck to his tribe next time they went hunting. 9 Every time that I had been naughtier than he cared to tolerate, Father would try to make me understand all that was expected of me as his eldest son. よろしくお願いしますm(。≧Д≦。)m

• 英文和訳お願いします![至急]

英文の和訳をお願いします。 なるべく翻訳サイトは使わずにおねがいします。 I'll tell you this, but you have to promise that it will go no further. Not long after we moved here, we invited the next door neighbors over for dinner and ― I swear this is true ― they drove. I was very astonished, but I have since come to realize that there was nothing especially odd in their driving less than a couple of hundred feet to visit us. Nobody walks anywhere in America nowadays. A researcher ar the University of California at Berkeley made a study of the nation's walking habits, and concluded that 85 percent of people in the United States usually avoid walking. The average American walks less than 75 miles a year ― about 1.4 miles a week, barely 350 yards a day. I'm no stranger to laziness myself, but that's shockingly little. One of the things we wanted when we moved to America was to live in a town within walking distance of shops. Hanover, where we settled is a small, typical New England college town, pleasant, quiet, and compact. It has a broad green, an old-fashioned Main Street, nice college buildings with big lawns, and residential streets with many trees. Nearly everyone in town lives within a five-minute walk of the shops. It is, in short, an easy place to stroll, and yet, as far as I can tell, virtually no one does. I walk to town nearly every day when I am at home. I go to the post office or library or the local bookshop, and sometimes, I stop at Rosey Jekes Cafe for a cup of coffee. All this is a big part of my life and I wouldn't dream of doing it other than on foot. People have gotten used to this curious and eccentric behavior now.

• 英文和訳です

One of real-world smart houses’ key selling points is their ability to meet, and even anticipate, their occupants’ needs. Fictional smart houses, on the other hand, often seem as indifferent to their occupants as an industrial assembly line is to the “product” that rolls along it. The twenty-first-century apartment depicted in the animated TV series The Jetsons(1962) neatly illustrates this point. George Jetson, every morning of his working life, is ejected from his bed and propelled into the bathroom, where the robotic arms of the Dress-O-Matic comb, brush, shave, and dress him. He emerges perfectly groomed for the office, but the process is so automated―and George so overpowered by it―that he is not so much awakened as remanufactured. A mannequin or orangutan would, if placed in the bed a moment before the alarm went off, emerge from the bathroom looking as much like George Jetson as biology allowed. George’s disastrous encounter with the apartment’s dog-walking treadmill shown behind the closing credits of each episode makes the same point: the machine, not the man, is in charge. よろしくお願いします^^;

• 英文和訳です

One of real-world smart houses’ key selling points is their ability to meet, and even anticipate, their occupants’ needs. Fictional smart houses, on the other hand, often seem as indifferent to their occupants as an industrial assembly line is to the “product” that rolls along it. The twenty-first-century apartment depicted in the animated TV series The Jetsons(1962) neatly illustrates this point. George Jetson, every morning of his working life, is ejected from his bed and propelled into the bathroom, where the robotic arms of the Dress-O-Matic comb, brush, shave, and dress him. He emerges perfectly groomed for the office, but the process is so automated―and George so overpowered by it―that he is not so much awakened as remanufactured. A mannequin or orangutan would, if placed in the bed a moment before the alarm went off, emerge from the bathroom looking as much like George Jetson as biology allowed. George’s disastrous encounter with the apartment’s dog-walking treadmill shown behind the closing credits of each episode makes the same point: the machine, not the man, is in charge. industrial assembly line 工業用のベルトコンベア式に流れる製造組み立てライン the Dress-O-Matic 番組に登場する腕だけからできている身繕いロボット so overpowered by~ ~に圧倒されて not so much awakened as remanufactured 本人を目覚めさせるというより出勤姿の本人に変えてしまう dog-walking treadmill 犬の散歩用トレッドミル よろしくお願いします^^;

• 和訳していただけませんか?

次の英文を和訳していただけませんか? 1、He had not experienced that which all fiction taught him was the most important thing in life. 2、Hobbes, one of the greatest English philosophers, used to sing songs every night in his old age when all were gone and nobody could hear him, for his health, which he believe would make him live two or three years longer. よろしくお願い致します。

• 和訳をお願いします!(翻訳サイトはなしで!)

1 She touched me on the head kindly. 2 Father's thoughts were far away in Chicago with Mother. 3 Once we were out walking in a forest, when we saw on the snow the tracks of a polecat. 4 Then his anger disappeared, as bad feeling often does at the sound of beautiful music. 5 Those who listen to his music can probably know as much about him as we do. 6 Poor Japan! She seems to suffer more disasters than we do: earthquakes, fires, floods, and disasters of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and Pacific tests---and now this typhoon damage. 7 Now I bade farewell to my family, I am happy to die. 8 The cave-dweller who painted a bison probably did so to bring good luck to his tribe next time they went hunting. 9 Every time that I had been naughtier than he cared to tolerate, Father would try to make me understand all that was expected of me as his eldest son. よろしくお願いします!

• 英文和訳です

An electrode implanted into the brain of a man who is unable to move or communicate has enabled him to use a speech synthesizer to produce vowel sounds as he thinks them. The work could one day help similar patients to produce whole sentences using signals from their brains, say the researchers. Frank Guenther of Boston University in Massachusetts and his colleagues worked with a patient who has locked-in syndrome, a condition in which patients are almost completely paralysed ― often able to move only their eyelids ― but still fully conscious. Guenther and his team first had to determine whether the man’s brain could produce the same speech signals as a healthy person’s. So they scanned his brain using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) while he attempted to say certain vowels. Once the researchers were happy that the signal were the same, they implanted an electrode ― designed by neuroscientist Philip Kennedy of the firm Neural Signals in Duluth, Georgia ― into the speech-production areas of the man’s brain. The electrode will remain there for the foreseeable future. The electrode is different to others used for brain-computer interfaces, most of which are fixed to the skull rather than within a specific part of the brain. This means that the electrodes can move around, making it difficult to record from the same neurons every time or to leave the electrode in place for more than a few months at a time. The electrode used by Guenther’s team is impregnated with neurotrophic factors, which encourage neurons to grow into and around the electrode, anchoring it in place and allowing it to be recorded from for a much longer time. 長文でスミマセンがよろしくお願いします^^;

• 和訳がわかりません。

☆Just how many Japanese do practice them no one knows exactly, for most haiku are composed primarily for the pleasure of the author and his friends and not for publication. ☆Perhaps it would be as well to try to explain just what a haiku is; but this is not so easy as it seems, for probably no two Japanese would quite agree on exactly what constitutes a haiku. 上記の英文が自力ではどうしても訳しきれませんでした。 何方か教えていただけませんか? 宜しくお願いします。