• ベストアンサー

forの解釈

ジェーンがボブのブラウニーを食べてどうしたらこんなに美味しく作れるか会話する場面です。 Jane: How do you make such good brownies, Bob? Bob: Do you really want to know how I bake my delicious fudge brownies? Jane: Yes, Bob, how do your brownies come out so moist? Bob: I don't think you really want to know how. Jane: Then, why are your brownies so good? Bob: Well, if you really want to know... Jane: Yes... Bob: I buy them in the bakery section of the Star Market for sixty-nine cents a piece! ここで疑問なのは、最後のボブの台詞の“I buy them in the bakery section of the Star Market for sixty-nine cents a piece!” という部分なんですが、これは「一個79セントのブラウニーをスターマーケットのパン売り場で買う。」位の意味だと思うんですが、ここでの forがどういう働きをしているか今一分かりません。どなたか、教えてください。

noname#63948
noname#63948
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • toko0503
  • ベストアンサー率36% (886/2437)
回答No.1

この for は「代価」の for と呼ばれるものです。 一般に for は「~のために」と訳すことが多いですが つまりは「~を手に入れるために(その代価として)」と 覚えておくといいかもしれません。(^^) I paid 5000 yen for this T-shirt. I sold my house for 8000 dollars.

その他の回答 (1)

• Poer
  • ベストアンサー率45% (72/157)
回答No.2

forは「心が向く」という意味から派生し、「AとBがお互いに心を向け合う」→「交換」を表す単語です。buy A for Bであれば、「BでAを買う」という意味になります。forの説明については、下記参考URLの私の過去の回答を参考にしてみていただければ幸いです。

参考URL:
http://okwave.jp/qa1284007.html

関連するQ&A

• 訳して下さい。長文です。

昨日マレーシアに住む知人から手紙が来ました。 自分なりに訳してみたのですが、解りません。 私は彼のことが好きなのですが、言葉の一つ一つが冷たいように感じるのですが、嫌われているのでしょうか? だとしたらショックなのですが…。 Actually,I really want to meet you and I really hope that I will go to Japan once again. I really miss you and want to talk to you face to face that I never do it when I was in Japan. But I do not know how the situation on future. So I do not know how to explain We her I can realize my dream to go to Japan. I know that you are not so comfortable to come or travel to the other Asia is country because of your English,right. よろしくお願いいたします。 「自分で訳して下さい。」 「こんなことも解らないのですか。」という回答はお断りします。

• どれが一番強い気持ちがこもっていますか 

あなたに会いたいです 1. I really want to see you. 2. I do want to see you. 3. I am dying to see you.

• 和訳してください

how i'm gonna know if i don't know how you look. i want to live in Japan is amazing

• really don't と don't really

Do you know? と聞かれた時の返答として、 A: I really don't know. と B: I don't really know. とでは、どのようなニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか? 何となくは分かる(気がする)のですが、スッキリしません。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語が合っているか見て欲しいですm(__)m

you know we've almost been dating for a year.に 『うーん。。でも私たちっていつからこういう関係になったの?(笑) 気づいたらただの友達だと思ってた人を知らないうちに好きになってて..いつからなのかはハッキリ分からないんだ。 あなたは私といつから付き合ってると思ってるの?』←と言いたいのですが Ummm... How have we been dating? lol You were my just a friend and than I realized have I love you so i really don't know what really happend between us. What do you think about how long we'be dating for?←合ってますか?変なところがあれば教えてくださいm(__)m

• 悩む英語

その木がどんなに古いか知っていますか? これは英訳すると 1. Do you know how old is the tree? 2. How do you know the tree is old? 3. Do you know how old the tree is? 4. Do you know the tree old is? 5. How do you know the old tree is? のどれでしょうか? 僕は3だと思うのですが

• 英文を作ったんですが変ですか?

A whats your name? B my names yamashita A how old are you? B im 15 years old A where do you live B i live in saitama A what do you like soccer? B yes i really like reds A i have on ticket for the soccer game do you want to the ticket? B yes i do i want to the ticket please A of course

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

“I know something about addiction and I know how hard it is to overcome that, but the reality is what do you do if you're in a band and you want to continue making the living you have and you want to continue putting out new music and you're co-dependent of the needs and wants of someone who just doesn't want to do anything, who doesn't want to go anywhere. Someone that is just not there, is just not present.”

• どなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか。

よろしくお願いいたします。 I am fine thank you what about you I am very glad that you had to face how do you still the same when you want to come to it what I want to do something we can meet you somewhere how's everything with you I want to hear about you

• 英文和訳

How much do you want to spend? How can I help you? I'm looking for some joggingshoes. 3つだけなのでお願いします