• ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします!!

“My dear Victor, ”it read: “You are probably waiting impatiently for a letter to fix the date of your return to us. I was tempted to write only a few lines to tell you when I should expect you. But that would be a cruel kindness, and I dare not do it. Alas, Victor, how can I tell you of our misfortune? William is dead, Victor! Our sweet child has been murdered! この文章が訳せません。わかる方和訳をしてください。お願いします!自分で訳した結果は 私の親愛なるビクタへ、それにはこう書いてあった。あなたはたぶん私たちがあなたに戻ると手紙で言った日を我慢できずに待っているだろう。 私はあなたが期待すべきとき、あなたに言うためにほんのいくつかの線を書くように誘惑されました。 しかしそれはひどい親切であえてそれをすることはない。 私たちの不幸をあなたにどのように話すことができますか? ウィリアムが死んだと。私たちのかわいい子供は殺された。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.1

こんにちは!  やっと主人公の名前が分かりました!ヴィクターさん...予想と違ってました!  手に汗を握る展開! 1)"My dear Victor," it read: "You are probably waiting impatiently for a letter to fix the date of your return to us. (○貴訳)私の親愛なるビクタへ、それにはこう書いてあった。あなたはたぶん私たちがあなたに戻ると手紙で言った日を我慢できずに待っているだろう。 (コメント)*it read は挿入されていますが、手紙文は"My dear Victor, You are probably... と繋がっていますので、最初に訳したほうがいいでしょう。 *impatiently は「今か今かと待ちわびている」の意です。 (●代案)父からの手紙にはこう書いてありました。「親愛なるヴィクター、お前はおそらく、わたしたち家族のもとへお前が帰る日を決めた手紙を首を長くして待っていることだろう。 2)I was tempted to write only a few lines to tell you when I should expect you. (○貴訳)私はあなたが期待すべきとき、あなたに言うためにほんのいくつかの線を書くように誘惑されました。 (コメント)*lines は手紙に書く数行です。 *when I should expect you は、「わたしがいつお前(が帰ってくるの)を期待すべきか」→「お前の帰ってくるべき日」 (●代案)私は、お前の帰ってくるべき日を告げるための数行を書く誘惑に駆られた。 3)But that would be a cruel kindness, and I dare not do it. (○貴訳)しかしそれはひどい親切であえてそれをすることはない。 (コメント)*dare not は「あえて~する勇気がない」というのが原義です。 *cruel kindness は意味不明の言葉で、ヴィクターも読者も後を読みたくなります。 (●代案)しかしそれは優しく見えてとても酷いことになってしまうというものだ。だから私はとてもそうする勇気が持てない。 4)Alas, Victor, how can I tell you of our misfortune? (○貴訳)私たちの不幸をあなたにどのように話すことができますか? (コメント)*いわゆる反語疑問文で、言いたいことはどういったらいいのか分からないということです。 (●代案)ああ、ヴィクター、お前に、わたしたちに降りかかってきた不幸についてどう話したらいいのだろう? 5)William is dead, Victor! Our sweet child has been murdered! (○貴訳)ウィリアムが死んだと。私たちのかわいい子供は殺された。 (コメント)結構だと思います。もっと切なそうな口調で... (●代案)ウィリアムが死んだのだ。あの可愛い子が殺されてしまったのだよ!  以上、ご参考になれば幸いです!

bhuvtycfyt
質問者

お礼

迅速な回答ありがとうございます!!

その他の回答 (1)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

「私の親愛なるビクターへ」それにはこう書いてあった。 「あなたはたぶん、あなたが私たちのところに戻ってくる日を決める手紙を、じりじりしながら待っているだろう。 私があなたに会えるのがいつになるのかを知らせるために、数行だけの手紙を書こうとも思った。 しかし、それは残酷な親切というものだ。あえてそんなことはしない。 ああビクター。私たちの不幸を、あなたにどうやってお話すればよいだろう? ウィリアムは死んだ。私たちのかわいい子供は殺された。」 fixは「決める、確定する」の意味です。 lineは「(文章や数字の)行」の意味です。 それ以外のところは、ご質問者の訳で合っていると思います。

bhuvtycfyt
質問者

お礼

迅速な回答ありがとうございます!!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします。

The Ministry of Magic has a job hushing them up,I can tell you. Our kind have to keep putting spells on Muggles who've spotted them,to make them forget.

• 和訳お願いいたします!!!

・But last night I had a nightmare ... to make it worse a nightmare about you. ・You moved to ●● (which made me happy) ... but you loved chocolates to much that you keep eating chocolates and became very ...big (very heavy). ・Please you tell that you are still as pretty and cute as the you I saw a few days ago ... and that you will never be big ... ・Nooooo ... every I think of you ... I see you as you were in my dream ... I better look at some picture of you before I go to work :)

• 和訳希望

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 3つの段落になっています。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Neptune is the planet of mystery and illusions. He represents not so much love but the dream of love. The things we glamorize or romanticize in our life. It is time now to end the reading and to close the curtains across the nights mysterious sky, draw the blind once again on the future. I can if you wish tell you more about your future soul mate. Soul mate three is available and highly recommended. Soul Mate Three and Soul Mate Four are the remaining chapters in the series of Soul Mate readings. Soul mate three is a long volume like this reading. It will add the finishing detail to the picture portrait. And tell you of his hobbies and interests. It will tell you, what you can expect of his of his health prospect. It will tell you of your courtship together, and touches on details not covered in this reading.

• 和訳お願いします

:(, i don't know what to tell you !!! and i know it is so hard :( です。よろしくお願い申し上げます。

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 定型文となりますので 抽象的だと思いますが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Now sadly we are near the end of our time together. I have enjoyed making your reading. Now I must end my work on your destiny. I know this reading has been thought provoking for you and I hope it has been inspiring. I can give you much more information from your chart, for this has all been really just an outline, a mere sketch. The secrets of the stars are endless but time is limited in the each reading because they take so long to do. You can have a further Soul Mate reading done for more detail if you wish, within its pages I will tell you where you will meet up, I can add to the physical description, tell you more about his background It is called "Soul Mate two". It will fill in this sketch with greater detail, so that like a figure emerging from the mist you can see him more clearly in your mind. It will bring you closer to your future love.

• 和訳をお願いします。

Tell me what you like and I’ll tell you what you are. What is food to one man is bitter poison to others. Taste is the enemy of creativity. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• 和訳お願いします

・I really like that. You can tell me things like that too, I would love it. ・It can go away, it did for my father but it is kind of random. ・ I know I seem really direct now, but i feel the same, we need to meet. ・I want to be the one to do that one you. Me either. I love it though. 以上です。前後の文が見えていないので、難しいと思いますが、分かる範囲で大丈夫です。お願い致します。

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

And I was trying to tell you why it is a reason for things to happen in a certain way if we can show that that way has more ways of happening than some other way.

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします

Friendsの「Listen to your heartbeat」という曲中にある歌詞について質問します。 I do believe in the two of us That you and me – we are the only ones この意味がわかるようでわかりません。 この2行の和訳をお願いします。 できましたら、 なぜ、そのように訳されたのか、その理由を教えていただけるありがたいです。 参考までに 曲名:Listen to your heartbeat I wanna know what you feel inside Is something wrong? Why did you leave last night? Is it all just a game? – Oh... tell me why we can't be lovers I do believe in the two of us That you and me – we are the only ones And we were meant to be true, so tell me why we can't be lovers How could I be such a fool I thought I already knew it all, but I know I was totally wrong Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you How will I know if you're fooling me? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be Like it's all just a game, and I just want us to be lovers We had it all in our hands Just like those all happy ends I still don't know why, but we lost it somehow Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you One more chance to make a try Nothing left to do for you and I Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you Listen to your heartbeat

• 和訳お願いします。 すみません。

(1) I always think of them as being quite different. As for keeping myself dry, there is evidently no one here who can at all appreciate an emotional nature. Fortunately for myself , I don't care. The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated. (2)But none of you have any hearts. Here you are laughing and making merry just as if the Prince and Princess had not just been married. (3)“Well, really,” wxclaimed a small Fire-balloon, “why not? It is a most joyful occasion, and when I soar up into the air I intend to tell the stars all about it. You will see them twinkle when I talk to them about the pretty bride” (4)“Ah ! what a trivial view of life ! ” said the Rocket: “but it is only what I expected. There is nothing in you; you are hollow and empty. Why, perhaps the Prince and Princess may go to live in a country where there is a deep river, and perhaps they may have one only son, a little fair-haired boy with violet eyes like the Prince himself; and perhaps some day he may go out to walk with his nurse; and perhaps the nurse may go to sleep under a great elder-tree; and perhaps the little boy may fall into the deep river and be drowned. What a terrible misfortune ! Poor people, to lose their only son ! It is really too dreadful ! I shall never get over it.”