• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

和訳をお願いします!!

“My dear Victor, ”it read: “You are probably waiting impatiently for a letter to fix the date of your return to us. I was tempted to write only a few lines to tell you when I should expect you. But that would be a cruel kindness, and I dare not do it. Alas, Victor, how can I tell you of our misfortune? William is dead, Victor! Our sweet child has been murdered! この文章が訳せません。わかる方和訳をしてください。お願いします!自分で訳した結果は 私の親愛なるビクタへ、それにはこう書いてあった。あなたはたぶん私たちがあなたに戻ると手紙で言った日を我慢できずに待っているだろう。 私はあなたが期待すべきとき、あなたに言うためにほんのいくつかの線を書くように誘惑されました。 しかしそれはひどい親切であえてそれをすることはない。 私たちの不幸をあなたにどのように話すことができますか? ウィリアムが死んだと。私たちのかわいい子供は殺された。

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • 閲覧数78
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)

こんにちは!  やっと主人公の名前が分かりました!ヴィクターさん...予想と違ってました!  手に汗を握る展開! 1)"My dear Victor," it read: "You are probably waiting impatiently for a letter to fix the date of your return to us. (○貴訳)私の親愛なるビクタへ、それにはこう書いてあった。あなたはたぶん私たちがあなたに戻ると手紙で言った日を我慢できずに待っているだろう。 (コメント)*it read は挿入されていますが、手紙文は"My dear Victor, You are probably... と繋がっていますので、最初に訳したほうがいいでしょう。 *impatiently は「今か今かと待ちわびている」の意です。 (●代案)父からの手紙にはこう書いてありました。「親愛なるヴィクター、お前はおそらく、わたしたち家族のもとへお前が帰る日を決めた手紙を首を長くして待っていることだろう。 2)I was tempted to write only a few lines to tell you when I should expect you. (○貴訳)私はあなたが期待すべきとき、あなたに言うためにほんのいくつかの線を書くように誘惑されました。 (コメント)*lines は手紙に書く数行です。 *when I should expect you は、「わたしがいつお前(が帰ってくるの)を期待すべきか」→「お前の帰ってくるべき日」 (●代案)私は、お前の帰ってくるべき日を告げるための数行を書く誘惑に駆られた。 3)But that would be a cruel kindness, and I dare not do it. (○貴訳)しかしそれはひどい親切であえてそれをすることはない。 (コメント)*dare not は「あえて~する勇気がない」というのが原義です。 *cruel kindness は意味不明の言葉で、ヴィクターも読者も後を読みたくなります。 (●代案)しかしそれは優しく見えてとても酷いことになってしまうというものだ。だから私はとてもそうする勇気が持てない。 4)Alas, Victor, how can I tell you of our misfortune? (○貴訳)私たちの不幸をあなたにどのように話すことができますか? (コメント)*いわゆる反語疑問文で、言いたいことはどういったらいいのか分からないということです。 (●代案)ああ、ヴィクター、お前に、わたしたちに降りかかってきた不幸についてどう話したらいいのだろう? 5)William is dead, Victor! Our sweet child has been murdered! (○貴訳)ウィリアムが死んだと。私たちのかわいい子供は殺された。 (コメント)結構だと思います。もっと切なそうな口調で... (●代案)ウィリアムが死んだのだ。あの可愛い子が殺されてしまったのだよ!  以上、ご参考になれば幸いです!

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

迅速な回答ありがとうございます!!

その他の回答 (1)

• 回答No.2
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)

「私の親愛なるビクターへ」それにはこう書いてあった。 「あなたはたぶん、あなたが私たちのところに戻ってくる日を決める手紙を、じりじりしながら待っているだろう。 私があなたに会えるのがいつになるのかを知らせるために、数行だけの手紙を書こうとも思った。 しかし、それは残酷な親切というものだ。あえてそんなことはしない。 ああビクター。私たちの不幸を、あなたにどうやってお話すればよいだろう? ウィリアムは死んだ。私たちのかわいい子供は殺された。」 fixは「決める、確定する」の意味です。 lineは「(文章や数字の)行」の意味です。 それ以外のところは、ご質問者の訳で合っていると思います。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

迅速な回答ありがとうございます!!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

Tell me what you like and I’ll tell you what you are. What is food to one man is bitter poison to others. Taste is the enemy of creativity. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• 和訳お願いします。

The Ministry of Magic has a job hushing them up,I can tell you. Our kind have to keep putting spells on Muggles who've spotted them,to make them forget.

• 和訳お願いいたします。

I had to think of you ... in my mind we were already enjoying our holiday :) I won't keep you awake anymore. 以上です。ありがとうございます。

• 和訳お願い致します。

洋服のデザイナーさんの説明を訳しているのですが、 少し分かりにくい部分がありましたので、教えて下さい。 本文:I have had a marvelous chance to study and develop a wide and growing array of ways to treat and alter fabrics and materials and add new layers of dimensions to our design concepts, starting with established masters working in Italy, and then on my own in our studios at Cavarzere. add new layers of dimensions to our design conceptの部分なのですが、 私たちのデザインコンセプトを新しい次元に導いてくれた、 の様な訳し方でいいのでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• 和訳をお願いします

Do you still have a missing piece? It is hard to tell from the photo but the missing part is only the part of chrisanthemum or some leaves as well?

• 和訳お願いいたします!!!

・But last night I had a nightmare ... to make it worse a nightmare about you. ・You moved to ●● (which made me happy) ... but you loved chocolates to much that you keep eating chocolates and became very ...big (very heavy). ・Please you tell that you are still as pretty and cute as the you I saw a few days ago ... and that you will never be big ... ・Nooooo ... every I think of you ... I see you as you were in my dream ... I better look at some picture of you before I go to work :)

• 日本語訳をお願い致します。

I tell you right now, Henry, that critter's the cause of all our trouble. We'd have six dogs at the present time, 'stead of three, if it wasn't for her. And I tell you right now, Henry, I'm going to get her.

• 和訳をお願いします。

下記の文章なのですが、和訳をお願いします。 よろしくお願いいします。 I totally understand you and I did tell him that you have alot on your mind right now.... I will tell him when you are ready to contact him, you will.. Any help you need just let me know.... He is one of my best friends and is cool. Take care and my heart goes out to all.... I told you before but when your ready you can post on the stern group about how Japan is coping there....... My prayers go out to all....keep in touch....

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! 友達が作ってくれた曲なんですけど、どっきりでこの曲を日本語で歌ってあげたいんです。 どうか歌の和訳を手伝ってください。 『The Word』 Even if you don't believe in what you feel,you can see the change that is inside of you don't cast out what you feel might be true. I tell you from my heart you see for you to be Happy Eternally, with your family forever you can be with our Heavenly Father He who loved us so.He can show us what to do and where to go if our hearts are ready to know listen to your heart so you can believe in what do you want to be leavin' out of your life When you see some little sprouts begin to grow,it will shine some light and you will start to know cause your taste buds will start to tickle even just a little bit at a time knowing what is growing will taste sublime your thoughts will start to rhyme Cause it's coming from the tree of life,the tree of life who's fruit is tender sweet,and white Cause it's coming from the tree of life,the tree of life who's fruit is tender sweet,and white When the heat starts coming you will know for sure,nourishing the word and acting is the cure you discover,if you can endure it starts with soil is running low,do you have enough to let the good things grow with your might,get ready to sow,cause it's Cause it's coming from the tree of life,the tree of life who's fruit is tender sweet,and white You will never know if you will let your doubt,keep you in a desert with expected drought, swelling water,keeps filling a spout that gives you clean and bright and fighting faith that never lets you down. come drink freely from the water that is Cause it's coming from the tree of life,the tree of life who's fruit is tender sweet,and white Cause it's coming from the tree of life,the tree of life who's fruit is tender sweet,and white

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 友達が作ってくれた曲なんですけど、ドッキリで日本語で歌ってあげたいんです。 どうか和訳のほうを手伝ってください。 『The Word』 Even if you don't believe in what you feel,you can see the change that is inside of you don't cast out what you feel might be true. I tell you from my heart you see for you to be Happy Eternally, with your family forever you can be with our Heavenly Father He who loved us so.He can show us what to do and where to go if our hearts are ready to know listen to your heart so you can believe in what do you want to be leavin' out of your life When you see some little sprouts begin to grow,it will shine some light and you will start to know cause your taste buds will start to tickle even just a little bit at a time knowing what is growing will taste sublime your thoughts will start to rhyme Cause it's coming from the tree of life,the tree of life who's fruit is tender sweet,and white Cause it's coming from the tree of life,the tree of life who's fruit is tender sweet,and white When the heat starts coming you will know for sure,nourishing the word and acting is the cure you discover,if you can endure it starts with soil is running low,do you have enough to let the good things grow with your might,get ready to sow,cause it's Cause it's coming from the tree of life,the tree of life who's fruit is tender sweet,and white You will never know if you will let your doubt,keep you in a desert with expected drought, swelling water,keeps filling a spout that gives you clean and bright and fighting faith that never lets you down. come drink freely from the water that is Cause it's coming from the tree of life,the tree of life who's fruit is tender sweet,and white Cause it's coming from the tree of life,the tree of life who's fruit is tender sweet,and white ※一度質問したことがある内容ですが、 カテゴリが違うところにしてしまっていたので 再び質問させていただきます。