• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

和訳お願いします!!

However, I had conceived a violent antipathy even to the name of natural philosophy. When I was quite restored to health, the sight of a chemical instrument would bring back all the agony of my nervous symptoms. Henry had noticed this, and had removed all my old apparatus from the apartment. I saw plainly that he was surprised, but he never tried to draw my secret from me. And although I loved him with deepest gratitude and affection, I could never persuade myself to confess to him. His principal interest was foreign languages and now that I wished to flee reflection, and hated my own former studies, I took great pleasure in sharing those of my friend. この文章の訳が知りたいのでわかる方訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします!!自分で訳した結果は しかしながら、私は自然哲学の名前でさえ激しい反感を想像した。 私が健康に完全に回復したとき、化学器械の見解は私の神経の症状のすべての苦痛がかえってくるだろう。 ヘンリーは、これに気付いて、寝室から私のすべての古い装置を取り外しました。 私は彼が驚いたところをはっきりと見た。しかし、彼は決して私から秘密を聞きだそうとしなかった。 そして、私は深い感謝の気持ちと愛情をもって彼を愛していましたが、彼に告白する決意ができなかった。 彼の主な興味は外国の言語でそして、沈思黙考を避けることを願って、私自身の前の研究が嫌いであったので、私の友人のそれらを共有しながら、大きい喜びをつかみました。

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • 閲覧数162
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)

こんにちは!  やはりヘンリーでしたか!そうじゃないかと... 1)However, I had conceived a violent antipathy even to the name of natural philosophy. (○貴訳)しかしながら、私は自然哲学の名前でさえ激しい反感を想像した。 (コメント)*conceive は、「心にいだく」という意味です。やはり過去完了ですね。何より前なのか、これだけでは分かりませんが、「~していた」という訳がいいでしょう。 (●代案)しかしながら、私は自然哲学というものには、その名を聞くさえ激しい反感を抱いていたものでした。 2)When I was quite restored to health, the sight of a chemical instrument would bring back all the agony of my nervous symptoms. (○貴訳)私が健康に完全に回復したとき、化学器械の見解は私の神経の症状のすべての苦痛がかえってくるだろう。 (コメント)*sight は「光景」すなわち、「(化学機器)を見ること」です。  *wouldは「過去の習慣」すなわち、「~したものだ」です。 (●代案)私が健康を完全に回復したとき、化学機器を見るたびに、私の神経症状のすべての苦しみがよみがえってきて困りました。 3)Henry had noticed this, and had removed all my old apparatus from the apartment. (○貴訳)ヘンリーは、これに気付いて、寝室から私のすべての古い装置を取り外しました。 (コメント)とてもいいと思います!apartmentは「部屋」くらいでしょうか? 4)I saw plainly that he was surprised, but he never tried to draw my secret from me. (○貴訳)私は彼が驚いたところをはっきりと見た。しかし、彼は決して私から秘密を聞きだそうとしなかった。 (コメント)*saw は一度だけ見た、というより、「分かった」くらいでしょう。あとはいい訳ですね。 5)And although I loved him with deepest gratitude and affection, I could never persuade myself to confess to him. (○貴訳)そして、私は深い感謝の気持ちと愛情をもって彼を愛していましたが、彼に告白する決意ができなかった。 (コメント)*deepest は訳すべきでしょうね。 (●代案)そして、私はとても深い感謝の気持ちと愛情をもって彼を愛していましたが、彼に告白することにはどうしても踏み切れませんでした。 7)His principal interest was foreign languages and now that I wished to flee reflection, and hated my own former studies, I took great pleasure in sharing those of my friend. (○貴訳)彼の主な興味は外国の言語で、そして、沈思黙考を避けることを願って、私自身の前の研究が嫌いであったので、私の友人のそれらを共有しながら、大きい喜びをつかみました。 (コメント)いいと思います。those of my friend は、Henry's interest in foreign languages ですね。訳出したほうが分かりやすくなるかもしれません。 (●代案)彼の主な興味は外国の言語でした。私はあれこれ思い巡らすことを避けることから逃げたいと思っていましたし、私自身の前の研究が嫌いであったので、ヘンリーの外国語への興味を共有することに大きな喜びを感じました。  以上、ご参考になれば幸いです!

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

何度も何度も回答本当にありがとうございます!!とても参考になります。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 I arrived at Shishmaref in the summer of 1971 aboard mail plane. I was nineteen. As the plane landed, the villagers gathered from all around. Crowds of children came running up. Opening the door of the plane, I smelled the sea. Before I had time to find my host , he was by my side with a great smile on his face. "Michio?" "Yes, yes!" We shook hands, and in my broken English I managed to thank him for answering my letter. He wore glasses and, when he smiled, his whole face lit up. He had very friendly eyes. The Eskimos lived far from Japan, but their faces were like my own. I already knew that they would be, but it was a surprise to see them all the same.

• 和訳をお願いします!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 宜しくお願いします!

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトではわかりづらかったので質問しました。 almoner? がこちらのプリントのミスなのか辞書でもでてきませんでした。 誤字はないと思います。 For most of his life he had worked as a commercial artist. "I did a bit of tickling" delicate lettering and design for advertising blocks. In his late sixties he experienced long spells of illness. When he was able to work he went as bottlewasher to a dairy. He was obliged to gibe up work finally because of ill-health and growing infirmity at the age of seventy-two. Since the death of his wife his social activities had contracted. He did not get up for long and rarely went out, except at week-ends for his pension and his shopping. Even his visits to an infirm brother living some miles away had fallen off. "I used to go over and see him every Tuesday night last year up to that fog we had in November. Then I just lay on my bed coughing my and coughing. Coughing all day and night, thinking my time had come. But it wasn't to be." He regretted not having children, especially a daughter, who "might have stood by me when I got old", and he had no nephews or nieces living in London. The neighbours saw little of him. Next door was "Mrs Lipstick and Powder, that's what I calls her, always going out." On the other side was "Mrs Fly-by-night. She rushes past me on the stairs now, like some of the others, without asking how I am. Not that I mind. But they used to do it and since I came out of hospital and go around just like a decrepit old man decrepit, yes - I suppose they don't like to ask how I am in case they feel they should do something. But there - life's like that, isn't it?" He had lost touch with all his friends and did not approve of old people's clubs. "They're all clicks of decrepit old people." His opinion of national assistance officials, doctors, almoners, and nurses was favourable, except that sometimes they "kept you in the dark" or "treated you like a little child". He had refused offers of a home help, mainly, it appeared, from a sense of privacy, shame of his home, misunderstanding about payment, and suspicion of the sort of woman who would come. His memories of contacts with doctors and hospitals were extremely vivid and he recalled at length some of his experiences. He talked about an almoner who was "a lovely looking party", about his new dentures, "I don't wear the top, it's more comfortable', and with pride about his one perfect faculty, his eyesight. On occasions when he could scarcely walk it never occurred to him to ask his doctor to visit him; he preferred to make painful journeys to the surgery.

• 和訳お願いします。

As their dinner goes on, my father tells of his plans for the future, and mother shows with expressive face how interested she is, and how impressed. My father becomes exultant, lifted up by the waltz that is being played, and his own future begins to intoxicate him. My father tells my mother that he is going to expand his business, for there is a great deal of money to be made. He wants to settle down. After all, he is twenty-nine, he has lived by himself since his thirteenth year, he is making more and more money, and he is envious of his friends when he visits them in the security of their homes, surrounded, it seems, by the calm domestic pleasures, and by delightful children, and then as the waltz reaches the moment when the dancers all swing madly,then, then with awful daring, then he asks my mother to marry him, although awlnvardly enough and puzzled as to how he had arrived at the question, and she, to make the whole business worse, begins to cry, and my father looks nervously about, not knowing at all what to do now, and my mother says, "It's all I've wanted from the first moment I saw you," sobbing, and he fin& all of this very difficult, scarcely to his taste, scarcely as he thought it would be, on his long walks over Brooklyn Bridge in the revery of a fine cigar, and it was then, at that point, that I stood up in the theatre and shouted: "Don't do it! It's not too late to change your minds, both of you. Nothing good will come of it, only remorse, hatred, scandal, and two children whose characters are monstrous." The whole audience turned to look at me, annoyed, the usher came hurrying down the aisle flashing his searchlight, and the old lad next to me tugged me down into my seat, saying: "Be quiet. You'll be put ou4 and you paid thirty-five cents'to come in." And so I shut my eyes becausex could not bear to see what was happening. I sat there quietly.

• もし良ければ訳してください。

The difference between France and Peru, regarding the culture: punctuality. When I arrived, I had to buy all my furnitures. For example, a man was suppose to come to install my curtains. He gave me an hour and I spent all day waiting for him. He didn't call me either. I lost my time and I was so angry that the day after I went to his workshop to tell him that he should have called me to tell me that he couldn't come. I told me that it was a lack of respect. He promised to come the day after at 8h. He was there 5 minutes before. 特に 最後の3文の I told me 以下を重点的にお願いします。

• 英文を和訳してください。

和訳お願いします。 An old man died and left son a lot of money. But the son was a foolish young man, and he quickly spent all the money, so that soon he had nothing left. Of course, when that happened, all his friends left him. When he was quite poor and alone, he went to see Nasreddin, who was a kind, clever old man and often helped people when they had troubles. `My money has finished and my friends have gone, `said the young man. `What will happen to me now?` `don't worry, young man, `answered Nasreddin. `Everything will soon be all right again. Wait, and you will soon feel much happier.`

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m2

After the regular season was over, Roberto returned to Puerto Rico as the greatest sports hero in all of Latin America. He was not only a great player on the field, but also an even Greater person off the field. He won fame and money through baseball, but never forgot that most people in Latin America were poor. He always told his family that he had a duty to help those who had not been as lucky as he had been. During the off-season that year, Roberto volunteered to manage a baseball team of young Puerto Ricans. While he and his team were staying in Managua, Nicaragua, Roberto heard about a fourteen-year-old boy named Julio. He had lost both his legs in an accident, but had no money for artificial legs. Roberto arranged to get them for Julio. Roberto went to see him and told him that he would be able to walk again. It was usual for Roberto to give a helping hand to people like Julio.

• どのような意味でしょうか

After many hours of crying and shouting he admitted to me that he and this person have engaged in sexual contact. I'm crushed! This is the love of my life! I would never have suspected cheating from him! He said he had to get his curiosity out of his system before he asked me to marry him this summer. get his curiosity out of his systemとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Steven and I dated for two years. The first year was wonderful. My family and my in-laws all accepted him. As year two began, he began to change. He stopped being attentive, and started to randomly go out by himself. We eventually broke up because he couldn't commit. At the beginning of our relationship, he didn't seem to have a problem with commitment. He took advantage of my life and of my children being secure with him. 最後の文の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 高校英語教科書の和訳してほしいです。分かりません

lesson9 semitic people invented the alphabet around 1500 B.C. They changed Egyptian picture symbols to letters that symbolized sounds. Until that time, symbols had shown simple meanings such as animals, tools, and things from nature. The alphabet was the first system that connected letters to sounds. The alphabet spread all over the world. The shapes of the letters changed. The Phoenicians began using them around 1,000 B.C. About 400 years later, the Greek, so this writing system became the alpha‐beta or alphabet. The alphabet had been used for more than 1,500 years when the shapes of most letters were fixed by the Romans. Interestingly, every letter in the alphabet has its origin. For example, the shape of ''A'' meant the head of an ox . In ancient times , oxen were important for pulling plows . ''B'' meant a house and ''C'' meant a throwing stick . Things and animals used in the alphabet were important for the people who were living about 5,000 years ago. Lesson10 When I was growing up, my dad and I used to fight all the time. I was 17 or 18. I had really long hair , and he hated it. I got into a motorcycle accident once . I was laid up in bed , and my dad had a barber come in and cut my hair. I remember saying to my dad, '' I hate you ! I will never forget this!'' He used to tell me , '' I can`t wait until the army gets you . When the army gets you , they will cut all that hair off, and they will make a man out of you.'' This was in 1968, and a lot of guys went to the Vietnam War from my neighborhood. The thing was that many of them didn`t come back . And even if they came back , they were not the same any more. I remember the day I got my draft notice . I hid it from my family , and three days before my army physical my friends and I went out . We stayed up all night . We were all so scared . And I went to my physical , and I failed . I could come home! When I walked into the kitchen , I saw my parents sitting there.