• ベストアンサー

翻訳と・・・proactive

In this respect they lack the essential flexibility of human language which enables us to be proactive, to create new meanings and shape our own reality unconstrained by the immediate contex. この英文、英語では理解できるのですが、日本語に訳すとなるときれいな文章になりません。教えてください。また、"proactive"とは具体的にはどんなことを指しているのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数10
  • ありがとう数11

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cincinnati
  • ベストアンサー率46% (606/1293)
回答No.4

この点に関して、それらの言語は人間の言語が有する基本的な柔軟性に欠けています。人間の言葉は事前に考えたり、新しい意味を創造したり、現状にには制限を受けない我々自身の現実を形作る助けとなります。 Proactiveの意味はここでは人間のある状態を言っておりますが、次に続く言葉との整合性から日本語にするときに上のようにしました。「先取り精神のある」といった具合でしょうか。英語を訳すときは一度理解して、次に英語の構文とか、ピリオドなどにまどわされずに、日本語で改めてその意味を表現してみました。

aristo
質問者

補足

人間言語の基本的柔軟性と言うのは、そのあとの文にかかるんですよね? 「先取り精神」とは、例えばどのようなことだと思われますか?

その他の回答 (9)

回答No.10

すいません、何回も。proactiveを少し説明しますね。 学生時代を思いだして下さいよ。 若い人たちは、何も恐れず、どんどん新しい言葉を作っていきますよね。 例えば、ラーメンを食べて、「これ、マジでやべぇよ」っていいますよね。 そういう(言葉を生み出すのに)積極的な姿勢を言ってるのだと思いますけど。

aristo
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。とてもわかりやすく助かりました。 P.S.私はまだ学生です。院生ですが・・・・。

回答No.9

この文の意味は、こういうことなんですよ・・・ 例えばですね、「足を洗う」という言葉がありますよね。 この言葉には、お風呂に入って「足を洗う」というような、そのまま意味(immediate context)がありますよね。そこで、人間の言葉に元から備わっている柔軟性(変わる余地)=flexibilityによって、「ある事をやめる」という新しい意味(new meanings)が生まれてくる。動物は、そういう柔軟性のある言葉を持ち合わせていない。 という意味じゃないかな。

noname#2733
noname#2733
回答No.8

aristoさん、No.3です。 「先を見越して行動する」とはどこにもこの文章にないのですが・・・ 人間には、多機能の言語があり、単純なものの理解とその応用の範囲を超える、より能動的な発想による現実の理解と新たな知識の習得を可能とするところが他の動物にはない。 これで分かりますか? ところでCincinnatiさん、preの事を考えておられるのでは?proforma invoiceとは事前送り状とも言われますが、正確には仮送り状又は見積送り状であり、事前とは言葉的には関係ありません。実務面では出荷後通関前に用意する事もあります。よく勘違いされる方がおられます。事前であれば、preview,prehistoric,previousとか色々ありますが。

aristo
質問者

お礼

私はproactiveを、先を見越して行動すると訳したのですが・・・。そのほうが理解しやすかったもので。 ありがとうございました。とても参考になりました。

• cincinnati
  • ベストアンサー率46% (606/1293)
回答No.7

Cincinnatiです。1個の文を2個にしてしまったので、誤解させてしまいました。後者を「つまり人間の言葉は...」と言う具合に一文字追加すべきでした。すなわち、which以下はthe essential...languageの説明です。 ProactiveはProとactiveからなりたっております、proはこの場合は「事前の」と言う意味で用いられています。例えばproforma invoice.先出しの請求書、荷物が出荷されていないのに出された仮の請求書のようなものです。したがいまして、実行以前の行為と言ったところでしょうか。そこから前述のような訳となりました。元の意味はそうなのですが、前後関係から先取り精神ともやくせるような場面が在るだろうなと思ったまででして、少し創造を膨らませすぎたと反省しています。

aristo
質問者

お礼

力をかしていただき、ありがとうございました。何とか解決できそうです。

回答No.6

さっきは「我々は・・・できるようになる」と訳しましたが、訳文によっては、「我々」を省いて受動的に訳された方がいいかもしれません。その時に、「積極的に」というのはおかしくなってくるので、「どんどん」とか「次々に」などの言葉に変えた方がいいですよ。

回答No.5

僕は、whichの先行詞はflexibilityだと思います。 従って、「柔軟性があるので、我々は積極的に・・・できるようになる。」という流れでwhich以下を訳しますけど。

noname#2733
noname#2733
回答No.3

proactiveとは私が知る限り以外と新しい単語で、米国生まれと思われます。アメリカ人は単語(特に名詞化する事)を作るのが好きなので(例えばaccountabilityとか)。 この文章のなかでは、人類(人間)は応用範囲が広い言語と言うツールが使えるので、受動的ではなく、能動的な発想が可能であるとの事ですが・・・ここで何と比較しているかがこの文脈に情報がないので、これ以上は単なる想像の世界になりますが、例えば文学、芸術、哲学とか、色々考えられるでしょう。

aristo
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。なんとなく見えてきました。 そうですよね。proactiveを辞書などで調べてみてもなかなか出てこなかったのでその単語に合う日本語を見つけるのに苦労しました。 比較しているものは他の動物です。言語を持たない動物は遠い未来を予測して行動できないのに対して、proactiveは、人間特有で、人間言語の本質的柔軟性は私たちに先を見越して行動させている。と考えているのですが、(これは人によって違うと思うのですが)先を見越して行動する、とは例えばどんなことがあるのでしょう・・・。

noname#2733
noname#2733
回答No.2

英語で理解できているのであれば何が問題なのでしょう? 理解できているなら日本語の文章にするだけでしょう。 きれいな文章が出来ないとすれば経験不足でしょう。 誰でも簡単にきれいな文章には訳せません。 でも、時間をかければ何とかまとまります。理解できているのなら。 ところでproactiveが何を指しているのが分からないのであれば 理解できていないのでは?

aristo
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。英語を英語で理解してしまうので・・・。 何とかがんばってみます。 proactiveは、文中で何を指しているのか・・・ではなくて、今現在の社会において、どのようなことなのか・・・と言う事が知りたかったのですが。

• pokepotto
  • ベストアンサー率31% (21/67)
回答No.1

老婆心ながら・・・ この種の単に文章翻訳はここでは嫌われてるみたいです よ。 私自身もそういった質問をみると「どうかな?」と 思うことが多々あります。 少なくとも自分なりの訳を書いた上で投稿したらいかがでしょうか? どこをどう修正すべきか答えが得られると思います。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Bono said that the culture he grew up in during the Seventies not only defined him, but also the music he would go on to create. "Myself and my friends dealt with the kind of skinhead, boot boy culture of the time by creating our own reality, and eventually our own rock and roll band. That's how we dealt with the fear that we felt," he said.

• 訳せません・・

こんにちは。 早速ですが、 Those who think of language as simply a set of signs linked to sounds ignore the essential third element,the human being who must make the link between them if there is indeed to be a meaningful word. という文の訳が分かりません。 ふたつ文がありますがどちらもSVがどれなのか、どんな文型なのかがわからないんです。 特にhumanでなくbeingの次にwhoがくるところがさっぱりです。。(?_?) どなたか、訳とその文型(文法)の説明をしていただけませんかm(_ _)m

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

文法ミスや、その他改良すべき点ががありましたら指摘していただけるとありがたいです。 テーマ:小学校における外国語教育の是非 In my opinion, children should not study a foreign language in an elementary school. It is true that learning another language enables us to communicate with people who speak the language, and to see the world in a new way. However, I believe that people in their early days ought to learn their own language deeply. It is because mother tongue has a very important role in their lives, and peole could establish their identity by studying it enough. Furthermore, children in an elementary school already have many subjects to study, so it is not able to be thought of as a wise selection to made children have more burden. For these reasons, I emphasize that children should study their own language deeply insted of learnig foreign languages.

• 翻訳おねがします><

Planet Earth is human beings' only home. Thus, we need to share it, like a large family living in a small house without mich space to spare. The family can only live happily together if they respect each other; if they do not - if any one member bullies another - happiness will never be theirs. This simple illustration should serve as an excellent tip on hou we can live in harmony here on this Earth of ours. Unfortunately, however , bullying still plagues human society in the form of conflicts and disputes among peoples of various nationalities, ethnic backgrounds, and religions. Sinace prehistoric days, when human civilization first arose, people have been fighting against each other, mainly because civilization has made them greedy, demanding everything in more and more abundance. The economic gap between the rich and poor in society has often been the cause of conflicts, and human history has seen wars too numerous to count up until the present day. The Earth is subject to natural disasters of all kinds, such as earthquakes, hurricanes, typhoons , tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, cyclones, and others. So why do we continue to waste our time killing each other and damaging the Earth's environment to the breaking point? The sooner we stop fighting each other in wars, the sooner the environment will regain its health. If a country has enough wealth to spare to conduct a war , it should instead direct that wealth to saving “ Mother Earth”. It has always been recent events have revealed that humans are the stupidest and most arrogant species of all becaus they are destroying their own irreplaceable home forever. よろしくお願いします><

• 翻訳をお願いいたします

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか 抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 You tend to worship your soul mate with dedication and will always choose someone you can look up to him. Even if you choose below you, you will see something in him, you can look up to, in a way that no one else can. Your relationship will meet with respect and the approval of others, someone no one can criticize. A man who will make you stand tall. But you lack confidence in yourself and so have doubts in love, or will doubt if you are loved at all, timid moody and unsatisfied; fears of being abandoned may make you put your own needs last. In love and marriage, your home will become your world. You will marry for love regardless of what difficulties stand in the way. With Virgo often there is more than one deep love or marriage and usually the second is happier than the first. Or the future happier than the past love.

• 英訳

The essential function of human community is to arrive at some agreement on what we need, what life ought to be, and then teabh our children so they can go on the right way. 人間の社会の重要な機能は~までしか分かりません。分かっても断片的にしか分かりません。 Lager communities, such as cities, open up room for peoplf to imagin alternatives, learn from people of different traditions, and invent their own ways to live. 都市のような大きな社会は代わりのイメージのために人々に…?よく分かりません。 教えて下さい。

• 犬好きの方で、翻訳のできる方教えてください!

犬好きの方で、翻訳のできる方教えてください! Complex levels of emotion and ego link dogs and owners-----often a dog must compensate for a lack in the owner's past or present life. The dog becomes the owner's self-extension, to some degree. Dog trainers, breeders, professional handlers, boarding-kennel proprietors, veterinarians, and others whose life's work is with animals soon learn to respect the complex intertwining of owner/dog identities. Contending with this situation often calls for the fullest measure of patience and compassion. Persons working on a full-time basis with animals often glean an unusual quality of empathy through their own feedback and interaction with their living charges. 長文ですがよろしくお願いします。 なんと言いますか、私は、英文は頭の中で英語で解釈します。和文は日本語で。ですので、パズルを組み立てるように直訳はできますが、翻訳は苦手です。そしてなお、恥ずかしながら、私の日本語は中途半端です。 特に、Contending~以降がわかりません。よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m kay0722

• 三つの短文です。翻訳お願いします。

三つの独立した短文です。 ビジネスについての話です。 日本語訳お願いします。 Increasingly,many Japanese companies are conducting joint projects with foreign companies. The purpose of this is to produce competitive and marketable products in an efficient and inexpensive way by combining the resources of both companies. Members of such international projects therefore use email often to communicate with their counterparts overseas. Within the last decade,email has virtually replaced other means of business communication such as telephone,fax,and regular mail. Also,more and more Japanese companies are holding video conferences with their business partners overseas. Thus,email and video conferencing are essential to modern international business communication. Good interpersonal relationships are very important in business,as they form the basis for our ability to negotiate effectively. In other words,skill in dealing with human relationships is key to maximizing business performance. Strong interpersonal relationships,for instance,lay the foundation for the successful launch of joint projects or ventures with business partners. Therefore,it is vital to understand the important role played by hospitality. Consequently,it is essential not only to learn etiquette but also to cultivate a spirit of hospitality in international business settings. Simply put,intercultural communication is defined as communication between persons from different cultural backgrounds. There is no doubt that communication methods are substantially influenced by culture. Today globalization is rapidly bringing together companies of different nations to conduct business together. Accordingly many workplaces are becoming increasingly multicultural. Therefore,success in such business environments is largely attributable to learning the art of cultural mediation. For this reason,it is important to consider not only language barriers,but also cultural differences that affect both business and interpersonal communication.

• 翻訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトや辞書で調べてみたのですがこちらの文章が今ひとつ理解できません。 長い文章なので、大まかな訳で構いませんので、相手がどの様なことを説明しているのか 教えていただけないでしょうか。 どうかよろしくお願いします。 I want to create your indulgence and make you understand how things do work out here when it comes to the animal market.You might lack alot more experience to handle situations as sure but you need to understand we normally do accept full payment prior to any delivery,but just for the fact that you were being skeptical over sending payment upfront,we had to come to a compromise,half payment upfront and half upon delivery. I was obliged to respect our agreement,but due to the fact that,it took you so long to make payment,having gone twice to A and did not succeed and once to B,though succeeded,there was an embargo which you did make me understand.So how then do you expect me to proceed after all this doubts around??All you need to do is make your parents understand it is due to this,i am putting everything unhold and unless the remaining payment is done and confirmed,which i doubt it will,unless you prove me otherwise,before i will then proceed further as planned and you will receive your animals before i leave for Germany. I hope with your high sense of reasoning,you will definitely see reasons with me on this and there is simply no reason why you would not want to send the remaining C$,unless you know it is impossible.I am 100% willing to do business with you,so please i hope you can comply soonest,so that we get this done with once and for all and you should be expecting your animals delivered in a short run. Thanks and i hope to get a positive respond from you this time around,so as to enable me draw into conclusions. Greetings from Great Britain:)and please i want you to have no worries at all.I promise you not only as a reputable breeder,but as a christian and a father of 4,i will not fail you.Have trust and confidence in me and i assure you like never before,everything will be smoothly done,than you least expect it to!!

• 英文和訳(play,game)添削のお願い

QNo.6536542(2011-02-20)の続きです。 一応訳しましたが、全く自信がありません。 Playとgameがこんなに難しいとは思ってもみませんでした。 どなたか解説をお願いします。  Play enables humans (and other mammals) to discover (and create) relationships and patterns.  遊びは人類(および他の哺乳類)が、相関関係を発見(および創造)することを可能にする.  When one adds rules to play, a game is created. 遊ぶためにあるルールを加えたとき,ゲームが創造される. This is science: the process of playing with rules that enables one to reveal previously unseen patterns of relationships that extend our collective understanding of nature and human nature. これが、科学です.人々が我々の自然界および人間共通の共通知識(共通理解)を拡げる相関(関係)のこれまで見落とされていたパターンを可能にするルールをもつ活動(Play)の過程. When thought of in this way, science education becomes a more enlightened and intuitive process of asking questions and devising games to address those questions. このように考えたとき、科学教育は“質問することのより賢明な,そして質問にgamesの工夫をする、また、まっすぐにこれらの質問に考案する意志(game)”になる。