• ベストアンサー

英文解釈について

毎回ありがとうございます。さっそく質問です。 I heartily wish that in my youth i had had someone of the good sense to direct my reading . I sigh when i reflect on the amount of the time i have wasted on books that were of no great profit of me . という文で、文法も文の題意も大体わかります。が意味的におかしい個所があります。 「私に何の利益にもならなかった本を読むことに費やした時間は当時を振り返る度にもったいなく感じる。 私はこころから少年時代に・・・(ここからわからなくなります)・・・私が本を読むことを指南するセンスの良い人がいたらなあと残念に思う。」 間違いのご指摘お願いいたします。 また my reading は「私の読書」 「私が本を読むこと」と動名詞で訳してもどちらでもよいのでしょうか? out of the pantry window on to the bed nearest the garden wall . 状況を教えてください。 Mary being discoverd putting some of hers into a piece of paper , to be delivered to him in due course , they were both stood in different corners of the room until you say you're sorry . この文はさっぱりわかりません。being 動名詞 Mary 主語 でメアリーが (some of hersはこの場合前文からプッディングの一部だと思われます。)プッディングの一部を紙に包み・・・? 変な状況になってしまいます。 ほかの部分の構造も教えてください。 大変長くなってしまい申し訳ございません。面倒だと思うので一部の回答だけでも大歓迎です!!よろしくお願いします。

noname#91853
noname#91853
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • T-Simoo
  • ベストアンサー率46% (37/80)
回答No.3

大体、#1さんと#2さんで回答は尽くされていますが、理解できていますか? 少しだけ補足します。 out of the pantry window on to the bed nearest the garden wall のnearestは前置詞です。この前置詞のnearはnearer,nearestと比較変化させることができるのです。 ちょっと脱線しますが、英和辞書は何を使っていますか?私は「ジーニアスの大辞典」がはいった電子辞書をお勧めします。ちなみにリーダースにはこのnearの用法は載っていませんし、名詞の加算、不加算の表示もありません。 さらに脱線しますが、状況やイメージが浮かばないときは、googleの「イメージ検索」が役に立ちます。 <pantry> http://picasaweb.google.com/Campbell.Maura/Merriweather/photo#5119104082776273858 <garden wall> http://www.countymaterials.com/f_products/landscaping/gardenwall.shtml これなんかには手前にbed(花壇)も見えていますね。 このように日本の家にはないようなものは、実際にビジュアルで見るとまさに百聞は一見にしかずの効果があります。 本題にもどります。 最後の文章の Mary being discoverd putting some of hers into a piece of paper , to be delivered to him in due course , they were both stood in different corners of the room until you say you're sorry. ですが、前後がないので意味がいまひとつ不明なですが、 「メアリーはあとで彼に届けようと自分の分をいくらか紙に包もうとしているところを見つかり、二人とも「ごめんなさい」とあやまるまで部屋の両隅に立たされた」といったところでしょうか。 文法解釈は#2さんと全く同じで、これは明らかな独立分詞構文です。あと、「you say you're sorry 」は慣用句です。 独立分詞構文と聞いて、すぐわかりますか?「ロイヤル英文法」という本があります。これは頭から勉強するのもよし、文法の辞書のように使えるよう索引機能も充実しています。もしlisner24さんが今後本気で英語の上達を望んでおられるなら、是非買ってみてください。

その他の回答 (2)

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2

>out of the pantry window on to the bed nearest the garden wall . 「食料庫の窓から、庭の塀に一番近い花壇の上へと」ではないでしょうか。 >Mary being discoverd putting some of hers into a piece of paper , to be delivered to him in due course , they were both stood in different corners of the room until you say you're sorry . このbeing は分詞構文を作っていますね。その主語がMaryで、いわゆる独立分詞構文というものです。 As Mary was discovered putting ..., they were both stood.... と考えるといいかと思います。 「メアリーは、そのうち彼に持っていくために紙に彼女のプリンをいくらか入れているところを見つかって、彼らは二人ともごめんなさいを言うまで部屋の両端に立っていた(立たされた)」 ということではないでしょうか。

• purunu
  • ベストアンサー率42% (518/1214)
回答No.1

最初の文章のみ。 ・・・の部分を省いて、十分ですけれど、何が不明ですか? (2番目の英文に対する1番目の訳文はOK) 「私はこころから少年時代に、私が本を読むことを指南するセンスの良い人がいたらなあと残念に思う。」 my reading は「私が本を読むこと」なので、それは普通に 「私の読書」と訳します。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈について。

The division between the two world has always been fairly clearly defined,with those active in one sphere rarely trespassing in the other ,and never more so than today,when,instead of the distinction being based on fluctuating artistic'taste',it is fairly firmly based on economic considerations. 注;two world→古典音楽・芸術音楽 の文でand never more so than today,when,instead of the distinction being based on fluctuating artistic'taste',it is fairly firmly based on economic considerations. の文が分かりにくいです。 never more so than today前文のwith those active in one sphere rarely trespassingと比較されてると思って、 直訳『今日よりより侵害することは無い』と理解して『今日ほど明確に区分されていることは無い』と考えていいんですか? never more so than todayだけ見ると『今日よりよりそうでない』って訳が分からなくなります。 ,when,の挿入がどうなってるのか分かりません。てか、接続詞の用法しか知りません。 instead of the distinction being based on fluctuating artistic'taste', のbeingは動名詞の意味上の主語ですがなんでここにあるんですか?動名詞の前におくとは限らないのですか? どうも分からないので教えてください!!

• 英文解釈について質問があります。(2) 12/3

In how much were the experiences from your solo- and collaborational efforts directly beneficial to this process? Stefan Németh: I think I have learned from some productions that I should try really hard to be satisfied with what I do. This sometimes means that you have to find out where the weak points in your track are. Basically it is about being honest to yourself and if you are not happy than you have to do it again and again, even if it is not always a pleasant process to discard some parts of the music or even a track. But in the end this gives me a much better feeling with the final version. Florian Kmet: I refined the recording process, improved my gear and the use of different instruments during the work on my last solo CD and other projects. Personally, I come back to lokai with a clear head, when I have done something fruitful with another project. Then I feel more open to go into this special sound cosmos, and enjoy to work on those details and structures. 1.疑問文のIn how muchの部分の文法の構造を教えて下さい。 2.I think I have learned from some productions that I should try really hard to be satisfied with what I do. この文章のproductionsのあとのthatは関係代名詞ですが、productionはどこに入るのでしょうか? 意味は、何曲かを通して学ぶ事が出来たと思う。その何曲かというのは、自分が満足するために本当に真剣にトライするべき何曲ってことだよ。 こういうことが言いたいのでしょうか? 3.Basically it is about being honest to yourself and if you are not happy than you have to do it again and again, even if it is not always a pleasant process to discard some parts of the music or even a track. この文章ですが、if you are~と even if~に対する主文はどれでしょうか?it is about being~ ここですか? それと全体の意味はどうなりますか? 4.Then I feel more open to go into this special sound cosmos, and enjoy to work on those details and structures. この文章のcosmosですが、これは「秩序、調和」と解釈し、特別な音の秩序に通じるさらなる空間を感じる。そしてその細かい1つ1つ、それと構造上で作業をする事を楽しんでいるよ。 なにやらいまいちつかめないですが、解釈はこの方向で合ってますか?

• ある英文の文法的解釈

I still sing every Friday night at a karaoke bar near my house. And maybe some day in the future, I will get a chance to sing professionally in front of a big crowd. 上記の第2文に関して質問です。 感覚的に意味はわかるのですが、文法的にどうも合点がいきません。 (1)まず、maybe some day in the future という部分の繋がり、maybe と some day in the future の要素(副詞(句)?)の繋がり方(それぞれがどこを修飾しているのか?)がわかりません。 (2)カンマ以下、will よりも might の方が私の稚拙な英語力では合点がいくのですが、未来における可能性を表現する場合、どのような言い回しが適当なのでしょうか? (1)の質問と関連していると思われますので、そうした関連性も含めてご教示頂ければ幸いです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 (出典は、Z会出版「速読速聴・英単語 Basic 2200」です。)

• 英文解釈

和訳お願いします。 Although I thoroughly enjoyed my visits to the different countries I passed through on my way to Japan, I eventually became impatient to reach my destination.I had made up my mind while I was in England that I would live in Kyoto. There were several reasons for choosing Kyoto, rather than any other city in Japan. First of all, it had been spared the bombings that destroyed most other Japanese cities. Secondly, to someone like myself who was interested mainly in classical literature, it was natural to choose the place where most Japanese literature was composed for over a thousand years. Finally, the only two friends I had in Japan---one Japanese and one American--- were both living in Kyoto. I arrived in Tokyo one rainy evening in August 1953, and headed directly from the airport to Tokyo Station where I boarded the night train for Kyoto. I sent a telegram to my Japanese friend, who met me at Kyoto Station and took me to his house, where I was to live for about a month. My friend expected that I would want to rest the first day after my arrival in Japan, but I was much too excited to rest. I asked the friend to take me with him wherever he went that day. As it happened, he had business at the Suntory Whiskey Distillery between Kyoto and Osaka. My first sightseeing in Kyoto therefore took place not at a famous temple or garden, but at a distillery!

• 細かい英文解釈について質問です。

My job is to inspect the quality of the products being shipped. 「私の仕事は、送られてきた製品の品質を検査することです。」 この英文の中の「being」の役割は何なのでしょうか?? My job is to inspect the quality of the products shipped. 上記のように「product」の後に単純に過去分詞の「shipped」を置いただけではいけないのでしょうか?

• 英文解釈について

He was a man ,curious to look at, and every day when I came out and passed his garden he was there , his crutches under his arms ,leaning on the gate ,silently regarding me as I went by. という文章なのですが挿入を元に戻してHe was a man and every day when I came out and passed his garden he was there  で彼は男で私が外出し、彼の庭を通るときは毎日、彼はそこにいた。 curious to look at his crutches under his arms で腕の下の松葉づえを注意深く見ながら??ここらへんからおかしくなります。 解釈のほどお願いいたします。 Three of the Pylamids are very large ,the great being that of Gizah ,but there are many smaller ones. という文ではThree of the Pylamids are very large but there are many smaller ones. でピラミッドのうち三つはとても大きいが、とても小さいのもある。 ここに分詞構文the great being that of Gizah をつけようと思ってもなかなか意味がわかりません。 解釈のほどよろしくお願いします。 My eyes ,not being so much under control as my toungue ,were attracted towards my aunt very often during breakfast. では、舌ほどうまく眼は動かせないので朝食の間何回もおばを見てしまった。程度の訳でよいのでしょうか? 日本語訳でも意味がわかりません。 the earlier a thing is learned ,the longer ,and so the greater , the use of which can be made of it. では「すればするほど」の構文だとは思うのですが、the longer や 関係代名詞of whichの先行詞であろう主語に対応する動詞がないように思えます。これも解釈のほどお願いいたします。 以上の4つの英文についてお尋ねします。一つでもいいのでご指南願います。

• 英検準2級の英文解釈について

以下の3箇所について、もしよければ教えてください。 All students had to pass a swimming test to graduate. (to graduate)は、文全体を修飾している副詞的用法の不定詞と思っていいでしょうか? He had to spend many hours every week practicing. (practicing)は、spendの目的語になっている動名詞と思っていいですか? He became tired of spending so much time in the pool. (tired of spending)についてなんですが、spendingが動名詞になっていて (tired of spending)というひとまとまりが、becameの補語になっていると思っていいのでしょうか? 教えていただけると嬉しいです。宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 再び挨拶の部分に入ったようです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Before I continue with the reading. Allow me to introduce you to the very methodical way I work. My work is different to that of most other astrologers. I regard astrology as a kind of advanced science. When I researched for the Soul Mate Chart as well uncovering the buried secrets of the ancient star law I worked in methodical scientific way. I compared the charts of many thousands of couples. Some were famous, some were utterly unknown, some happy some miserable. I did this to find out how the details and fate and looks of one partner could show up distinctly in the others chart. So that it could be predicted with reasonable accuracy. his endeavor was both monumental and rewarding.

• 英文解釈

下記の英文の"a rarity "以下がわかりません(文の切れ目、意味など)。 わかる方がいらっしゃいましたら教えてください。 That's still true in many parts of the United States. But in some places, life expectancy has leveled off or even dropped slightly - a rarity in a developed country and, public health officials say, a cause for alarm. ■補足 【前後の文】 A baby born in America in 2009 could expect to live an average of 78 years, according to estimates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). That's still true in many parts of the United States. But in some places, life expectancy has leveled off or even dropped slightly - a rarity in a developed country and, public health officials say, a cause for alarm. A study in the Journal of Health Metrics shows the United States now ranks behind 10 other developed countries when it comes to life expectancy, even though Americans spend more on health care than people in most other countries. 【出展】 VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/health/Life-Expectancy-Declining-In-Large-Parts-of-US-124128694.html

• 英文 ”お気に入りの本” を添削していただけますか

My favorite book is Memoirs of a geisha. I saw a movie Sayuri with my wife on the second of January. I was quite impressed by the movie. I came back home and I looked for the information about Sayuri. I knew the book Memoirs of a geisha at Amazon in America and there were a lot of spotlight reviews. I bought it at Amazon in Japan. So I've been reading the book because I wanted to know Japanese culture in English. I sometimes felt tears come to my eyes to read the sad story of her life. 私のお気に入りの本は memoirs of a geisha です 1月2日にさゆりを見て 感激しました 家に帰り調べたらたくさんのコメントが アメリカアマゾンに書いてありました さっそく買い読んでますが 時々彼女の悲しい人生に涙します。