• ベストアンサー

Romney, in danger of losing Michigan

"I know that there are some people who think, as Sen. McCain did, he said, you know, some jobs are leaving Michigan and they're not coming back. I disagree. think that some jobs are leaving Michigan and they're not coming back ですが、 as Sen. McCain didはas Sen. McCain said「McCainが言ったように」でしょうか それにしてはその後ろでhe saidとでてきますし「言ったヨウニ」だとつながりがいまひとつなのですが。 http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1024544220080111

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.2

仕事がミシガンから流れていってもう戻ってこないだろうって、 マケイン上院議員が言ったようにね、考える人も中にはいるって ことは知ってるよ。でもそれには賛成しないねえ。 --- 口頭の口調なのでわかり追加や補足を挟んでいますから複雑に 見えますね。 >think that some jobs are leaving Michigan and ... >as Sen. McCain didはas Sen. McCain said「McCainが言ったよう >に」でしょうか そうです。いったんdidで言った後、didはつまりsaidの意味だと いうことで追加し、you knowで相手に理解を促しているので込み 言って見えます。

iamgreen
質問者

お礼

確かに前の段落の , noting McCain had said in Michigan on Wednesday that the people there should realize some lost jobs will never return. からの流れですとそうなるかと思います。 記事の中の会話文は難しいですね。 ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.1

このdidはその前のthink を受けての代動詞ですのでas McCain thoughtになると思います。 で、その直後に ,he said, you know, と出てくるのは「彼はそう思っただけじゃなく実際そう言ったんだけどね」ということでしょう。

iamgreen
質問者

お礼

>didはその前のthink を受けての代動詞 こちらに大きく傾いたのですが、前の段落から考えると自信がなくなりました。 ご回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• Game of Throne 3 のセリフ

Game of Throne Season 3 の予告編のせりふに関する質問です。 予告編 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1pbtBX9Kok の 0:25 に、 末尾に示すページでは "You're not half as clever as you think you are" "Still makes me more clever than you." として紹介されているせりふがあります。 1)二行目の主語は何なのでしょうか? 2)一行目は違うように聞こえますが本当にそう言っていますか?  特にthink の前は sheに聞こえ、 You're not はDid you knowに聞こえてしまいます。 よろしくお願いいたします。 http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/03/watch-an-extended-game-of-thrones-season-3-trailer-with-extra-tyrion-quips-sexy-sex/

• a line of unbrilliant dialogue

"Oh, but we can't have people coming in here, that we don't know where they came from." I felt that I had written a line of unbrilliant dialogue, which was just what I wanted.And I wanted show that the two who are talking were not entirely ignotant of grammer, though they did not know much about it. ある作家の戯曲論の一部ですが、文法の話しのくだりです。素晴らしくはない対話、文法を無視はしていないがあまりそれを知らない人間の対話といっていると思います。 ただそれが "Oh, but we can't have people coming in here, that we don't know where they came from." の文章にどうあてはまるか(文法上適切でないところがある?)がわかりません。 舞台の場所はアイルランド、国の西部から新参の人間がやって来るという想定です。 以上ご指摘頂ければと思います。 よろしくお願いします。

• 疑問文の作り方。

疑問文の作り方でどうしても分からないところがあります。 知識のある方、どうぞ教えて下さい。 宜しくお願いいたします。 Whoを使った疑問文を勉強していたところ、 Who do you think they are? という例文を見つけました。 その文章は分かるのですが、辞書の用例欄に Do you think who they are? とはできない。 Do you know who they are? は可と載っていました。 なぜDo you thinkがWhoの後で、Do you knowは文頭にくるのでしょうか? どなたか、ご教授下さい。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 和訳をお願いします

I just think whoever wrote that doesn't really know what they are talking about. I think whoever wrote it is unhappy perhaps because no one has said I love you to them. よろしくお願いします。

• Antonym of "Saint Thomas"

Some of my friends call me Saint Thomas, because they say I am like him. the Apostle who would not believe the resurrection of Jesus until he saw Jesus with his own eyes What do you call person opposite of Thomas who easily believes anything ? As far as I observed Japanese they are easily-believe type. Easy to wash brain. Once they go into a sect of religious or political group, they are instantly brain-washed and become fanatic. Many Japanese including some of my frinds became fanatic without becomming Saint Thomas. What disgusted me was that their fanatic activities are often against peple's welfare. I want to know an English word for the person who does not try to see things with its own eyes, accordingly believes things too easily.

• 整序英作文です。

(1.some/2.are/3.that/4.the/5.know/6.there/7.they/8.of/9.people) in it. 上の問題の正解を教えてください。

• 英文解釈

「Those who feel guilty about leaving their parents may do the same,but they are not as likely to end up happy.」 の英文の最後のthey are not as likely to end up happy.についてなんですが、このasはなんですか? happly(副詞)ではなくhappy(形容詞)なのはなぜですか? どなたか詳しくお願いします!

• as such について

Oxford英英でas suchを調べたところ、次の例文が出てきました。 'Well, did they offer it to you?' 'No, not as such, but they said I had a good chance.' ここでのas suchは何を指しているのでしょうか?

• 英文を訳して下さい。

かなり長いですが、訳して下さい。Twelve Angry Menからの抜粋です。 Now let me lay this out for you ignorant—bastards. You at the window, you’re so god-damned smart. We’re facing a danger here. Don’t you know it? These people are multiplying. That kid on trial, his type, they’re multiplying five times as fast as we are. That’s the statistic. Five times. And they are – wild animals. They’re against us, they hate us, and they want to destroy us. That’s right. Don’t look at me like that! There’s a danger. For God’s sake we’re living in a dangerous time, and if we don’t watch it, if we don’t smack them down whenever we can, then they are gonna own us. They’re gonna breed us out of existence.”

• 英語が堪能な方

自然な訳をお願いできますか? I do think it's creepy, and because thereis a connection to these characters that are fallible, and i think that is the main draw over and above the horror. I think the great connectedness is that they contradict themselves, they're full of contradictions. As we discussed earlier, no one is who they seem to be and that is kind of who we are.