• ベストアンサー

英語の意味を教えて!

海外の友人からメールをもらいましたが、下記の部分がわかりませんので、教えてください。 I had to go home and get changed because I had been sick all over my clothes I just did not make it quick enough to the toilet. I think it is all to do with stress and trying to sort Dave out. 1行目のbecause の前まではわかります。I had been sick all over my clothesは病気で?と、服と何か関連しているのでしょうか?トイレがあるのでもしかして、(おもらし?)? 英語でお漏らしをsich all over my clothes なんて表現するのでしょうか?そーだとすると、ちょっと幻滅((>_<)ですが、私の予想が違ってるかも(?)教えてください?

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

sick all over my clothes は嘔吐して服を汚したのじゃないでしょうか(服をall overという表現を使うほど汚すなんて、そんなすごい情景みたことないですが)。seasickは船酔い、など、気分が悪くて吐くことをsickと言うのでしょう。 下記辞書ページに sick all over hair という表現が出ています。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/sick/UTF-8/?ref=sa

jankone
質問者

お礼

sickが吐き気という意に用いられるとは知りませんでした。よくわかりました。有難うございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.3

ゲロはいちゃったみたいですね。 http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?enc=UTF-8&p=sick&dtype=1&dname=1na&stype=0&pagenum=1&index=06569400 「吐き気を催す」のような意味が、2番目に出ています。 デーブさん(別れたボーイフレンド?)のことで(心の)整理がなかなかつかなくて、ストレスもあって、ということのようですが、相当まいっている状態かもしれません。

jankone
質問者

お礼

No.2のお礼に書いた事情があるので、彼女も大変そうで戻したのですね。sickもよく見ると奥深い単語ですね。

• oakenshaw
  • ベストアンサー率58% (24/41)
回答No.2

家に帰って着替えなくちゃいけなかったんだ、トイレまで間に合わなくて、 自分の服の上に吐いちゃって全身ドロドロだったからね。 きっとストレスとDaveのことで大変だったからだよ。 Daveさんのことについてはこの文だけではよくわかりませんが、 sickはこの場合「病気」ではなく「吐き気」の意味だと思います。

jankone
質問者

お礼

彼女はかぐのねじを扱う小さな店の店長をしているのですが、売り上げを上げるようプレッシャーを掛けられているとの事で不平一杯。それに加え、リストラされた旦那が、仕事をする意欲がなく一日中グタグタしているらしく(家庭の中が大変そう(>_<))。ご回答でなるほどです。 有難う御座いました。

関連するQ&A

• 意味の違いについて

(1)By the time I finished my work, the store had already been closed. (2)By the time I finished my work, it was too late to go shopping. (3)By the time I finished my work, it had been too late to shopping. の意味の違いを教えてください。よろしくおねがいいたします。

• 英語 等位接続詞

We had been complaining to the director. And one of my colleagues said, “ Don't talk back to him. That'll make it all the worse.” ピリオドの後にAndがあるのは何故でしょうか?

• どのような意味でしょうか

I'm 29. I never had a chance to date in high school. My family farms, and when I was 14, my grandfather could no longer help my dad. Dad couldn't take care of things alone, so I would go out and help him the minute I got home from school every day. Between the farm work and keeping up with my studies, I had to grow up fast. I graduated with a 3.5 grade point average, but because I had no time for dating, this part of my development has always been off. this part of my development has always been offとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband and I have been married for just over a year. He is a hard worker and keeps busy doing little chores all the time. We’ve been running into a frequent problem lately, and it happened again this weekend. We were at a family vacation house, and the lawn needed to be mowed. It is a normal-size yard—kind of big, but not a field or anything. It took him five hours to mow. FIVE HOURS. He was on a riding lawn mower and went over it a zillion times. I swear—he’d go out with a pair of scissors to make sure it was perfect if that weren’t a crazy-person thing to do. went over itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I was sexually abused throughout my childhood. Therefore I try very hard to maintain and control my sexual well-being. I see my agency over my body and sexual choices as an important privilege, and it is paramount to how I structure my life. I see my agency over my bodyとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

My boyfriend loves me, is unfailingly kind, self-identifies as a feminist, and is always interested in and supportive of my academic work. Here’s the weird part: He says “good girl” to me, usually when I’ve done something to take care of myself, like put my glasses on when my eyes are tired, or get to sleep and wake up at a reasonable hour. We live together and I adore him, and honestly, I like the “good girl” thing, at least to some extent. I am an approval-craving person, by nature and even though I don’t need it, I love to be validated. I wouldn’t want him to say it in front of anyone, but I do feel guilty, because liking it makes me feel like I’m some kind of sick, weird throwback or that he is. liking it makes me feel like I’m some kind of sick, weird throwback or that he is. の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

Todd and I had been going out for eight months, spending every spare moment together and practically living together. He’s smart and funny, and we fit together so well at one point I thought he might be the one. Until last month. I live on a farm (Todd is definitely a city boy), and one morning I went out to fix my electric fence. I turned it off before working on it, of course, but while I was leaning over the top wire Todd thought it would be funny to turn it back on. Now this isn’t the electric fence from Jurassic Park, but it has a pretty powerful charger on it, and it knocked me back on my heels and made me cry out. knocked me back on my heelsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の文法チェックしてください

Even after I came back to Japan from Australia. I still wanted to go study abroad again, so I was going to the American university after working for a yen in Japan. I had been fighting with homework everyday, I had sometimes regretted about coming to the USA, but I believed that everything is going to wonderful experience in my life in the future. so I did not lose my hope. From my experience both American life and Australia, I would like to know more about people all over the world. Everyone has different characteristics, and all of them are brilliant. so my dream is to be a businessman who works all over the world. That is why I would like to study an international Business. I am not a talented person, however, I can say one thing from bottom of my heart that I always do my best for achieving my goal. 英語の文法ミスおしえていただけないですか?

• 意味を教えてください

I’ve been close with a group of friends for a little over three years now. In this group is a married couple I’ll call Fred and Wilma. Shortly before I married, Fred approached me and explained that he and Wilma have an open marriage and he was attracted to me. Flattered, I declined, stating that I was neither interested in that way nor emotionally equipped for that kind of relationship. Fred has been very respectful of that, and I’ve never once felt weird since then, and I’ve never mentioned it to the group as I felt it wasn’t pertinent (I did tell my husband). Lately at parties and events anytime I talk to Fred, another woman, Betty, comes over and drapes herself all over Fred. It’s gotten to the point where another member of the group mentioned it to me and wondered what the best method is of informing Fred that it’s going too far. We don’t care what he does behind closed doors, as long as all parties involved are consenting, but we also don’t care to witness the hormonal ramp up or have our conversations cut short by a jealous lover. How do we handle this, if at all? drapes herself all over FredとHow do we handle this, if at all?の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I paid for my purchases and was rearranging things in my purse when the little boy came up to the cashier. The cashier rang up his purchases and then said, "Congratulations, you are my hundredth customer today, and you win a prize!"With that, she handed the little boy the Pokemon game, and he could only stare in disbelief. It was, he said, exactly what he had wanted!  The little girl and her father had been standing at the doorway during all of this, and I saw the biggest, prettiest, toothless grin on that little girl that I have ever seen in my life.    As I walked back to my car in amazement over what I had just witnessed, I heard the father ask his daughter why she had done that."Daddy, didn't Grandma and Grandpa want me to buy something that would make me happy?"He said, "Of course they did, honey."the little girl replied, "Well, I just did!"