• ベストアンサー

英作文

noname#1019の回答

noname#1019
noname#1019
回答No.3

文法的な説明は専門家の方におまかせするとして、この英文を英語圏の人がどのように解釈しているかというと、この英文の語順通りに解釈しているわけです。ですから「They say」=「彼らは言っている」:この「彼ら」は「一般人」とか「世間の人たち」という意味です。次に「no one was so popular」=「誰もそんなに人気はなかった」次に「with the English」=「イギリス国民にとって」、「as she」=「彼女ほど」という順序で聞き取り、解釈しているのです。ですから英語圏の人の耳には「世間の人たちは言っている、誰もそんなに人気はなかったと、イギリス国民にとって、彼女ほど」というように聞こえているはずです。こうやって解釈すれば難しい文法を知らなくても「彼女ほどイギリス国民に(とって)人気のあった人はいなかったと言われる。」という日本語に直せるはずです。

rnalaid
質問者

お礼

ふむふむ、どのようにして英語を解釈するのかがよくわかりました。 ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英作文 添削お願いします

初めて月に人類が降り立った時、科学が進みすぎて夢がなくなったと考えた人が少なくなかった。しかし、月にウサギなど存在しないことが証明されたからといって、夢はなくなりはしなかった。むしろ子供たちは、六分の一の重力の世界とはどんなところか、バドミントンはできるのか、とどんどん想像が広がっていった。 When a human being landed on the moon at the first time,not a few people thought that they had no dreams because science advanced too much.Though it was proved that there were no rabbits on the moon,some people still had dreams.Children wondered what the world with one sixth gravity of the gravity on the earth was like and if they could play badminton or not.They greatly expanded their images like that.

• 英問英答(3)ラスト

So today, to have learned English means to have your own rights as one of the users of the language. And it is just as likely that the future course of English will be influenced by second or foreign language speakers of English as by native speakers. Language learners will be facing these World Englishes, and they will develop a sense of international standards of English ―as well as their national norms of English, which are currently the focus of learning. It may not be many years, however, before an international standard becomes the starting-point for every learner of English, with British, American, and other varieties all seen as optional versions of English. 【questions】 What does “to have learned English” mean? What will learners of English develop when they face World Englishes? 二問ありますがおねがいします!

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

野球は、アメリカの国民的スポーツのひとつである。多くのアメリカ人は、子供の頃、 近所の野原で野球をして大きくなる。泥まみれになり、隣の誰それは自分より上手になった とか、ならないとかいいながら、他人と共同生活を送っていくすべを身に着けていく。あるいは 他人に負かされるという屈辱感を受け入れる訓練を重ねていく。 Baseball is one of the national sports in Ameria. Many Americans play it in their childhood on near grass from their house and grow with it. By doing so, they can learn how to get along with other people in their life, being maddy, saying someone next to them became well or less than themselves in it. We can also say that they train themselves to acknowledge the regret to be beated by other pople. 大変わかりづらい文章になってしまいました。屈辱感 でかなり困りました。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削お願いします。

最近、私は皮膚に赤い斑点が出ることに悩まされている。医者は一種の蕁麻疹だ、薬を1日二回飲むようにと言う。今までこんな病気をしたことなかったのに、突如表れてとても驚いている。 体質は変わるということを身にしみてかんじた経験である。 These days , I am troubled with desease which a red spot appear in my skin. The doctor said to me that it is one of nettle rash , and asked me for taking medicines two times a day. I had not have desease like this , so I was very surprised. They say that constitution is changeable,I felt these things strongly. 英語の勉強中なので、変な表現とかあるかもしれませんが、どうかご指導のほど宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

外国に住んでみると、「人間、みな同じ」との感想を持つ。イギリス人と付き合ってみても 確かにそう思えてくる。彼らが悲しみや喜びに反応する様や相手の立場を考える点は いかにも日本人に似ている。恥ずかしがりやで、すぐに友人にはなれないが、いったん 友人になれば驚くほど互いに心の琴線にふれあうことができる。 When I lived in a foreign country, I thought people are essentially equal. I surely felt so in communicating with some English. They and Japanese are so alike as to how react to sadness or joy, or as to considering other positions. We are so shy that we can't become friends soon, but, after becoming friends, we can surprisingly move each other. 意外なところで時制に気を遣いました。 回答よろしくおねがいします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

大学入試の問題です。英作文が苦手なので少しでも点数を伸ばせればと思っています。他にもいくつか投稿しようと思っていますので添削していただければうれいしいです。(><) 問題 下の絵にかかれた状況を自由に解釈し45~55語の英語で説明せよ。 The woman had putted a chocolate on the dish. however,now,it was disappeared. So she asked her children with anger whether they had eaten it. They answered "no",but when she looked at around the boy`s mouth,she found that the boy had eaten it.(46words) 不自然なところがあれば訂正お願いしますm(__)m

• 英2 問題の答えを教えてください。

下の問題の答えを教えてください。 語句の並べ替え 1.彼は彼らが英語を勉強するよう励ました。 (them,study,encouraged,he,English,to) 2.彼女は自分の犬がそばにいてほしいと求めた。 (for,asked,be,her,to,her dog,she,with) 3.彼らはその議論を続けた。 (with,went,the debate,on,they) 4.あなたがやりたいことは何でもできる。 (anything,are,to,want,do,able,you,you) よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします【高1レベル】

お世話になります。私は独学で英語を勉強している者です。 英作文の添削をお願いいたします。 1.この大学では,生物学は天文学ほど人気がない。 In this college, biology is not as popular as astronomy. 2.ハレー彗星が最も人気のある彗星です。 No other comet is more popular than Halley’s comet. 3.太陽系では火星が一番赤い惑星です。 Mars is redder than any other planet in the solar system. 大きなミスも,小さなことも歓迎です。

• 自由英作文の添削お願いします。

2007年の早稲田大学法学部の問題です。 Students at many universities in Japan are required to study a foreign language, usually English. Some universities require students to study more than one foreign language. Some people say universities should not require students to study a foreign language at all. Which do you think is the best policy? Write a paragraph explaining your opinion. Give at least one appropriate reason to support your answer. I agree with the request for students to study more than one foreign language.This is because not only japan but also other countrise all over the world have been heading for the globarization and foreign languages,especially English have been getting more and more important.If they don’t learn more than one language at their college,they may be left from international society.It is true that foreign languages are not necessary to some of them.However,they should not ignore the fact that there are international disputs around the world.So,they need to study foreign languages so that they can understand other countrise. 合格点(6,7割)を目指しているのですが、この程度ではやはり程遠いでしょうか? アドバイスや感想などありましたらよろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

Hello,Mr.Gene Simmons. I love KISS and their songs. I went to see your show the year before last in Japan. Do you know the band "ORANGE RANGE" in Japan? They are very popular now. Their latest CD "musiQ" is two million sold. So,ORANGE RANGE is one of the wonderful bands. When I listened to their CD "1st CONTACT" at my friend's house,I noticed one thing. I heard a part of KISS' song "Love Gun" in the tune "VIVA ROCK". I was surprised,and I doubted whether to have taken KISS' permission because there was no name KISS,BMG,Gene Simmons and so on. I want to ask whether you granted the permission for them to use it. こんにちは、ジーンシモンズさん。 私はKISSと彼らの曲が大好きです。 一昨年日本でのショーも見に行きました。 あなたはオレンジレンジという日本のバンドを知っていますか? 今、彼らはとても人気があります。 彼らの最新のCD、musiQは200万枚も売れています。 オレンジレンジは素晴らしいバンドの一つです。 私が彼らのCD、「1st CONTACT」を友人の家で聞いたとき、あることに気づきました。 私は「ビバロック」という曲の一節に、KISSの曲である「ラヴガン」の一部を耳にしました。 私は驚きました。そしてKISSの許可は取ってあるのかどうか気になりました。 なぜなら、そこにはKISSやBMG、ジーンシモンズさんの名前は無かったからです。 私はあなたに彼らにそれを使用する許可を与えたのかどうか尋ねたいと思います。 これをメールとして送りたいんですが、 メールとしての書き方や英文について間違いがあったら 添削をお願いします。