• ベストアンサー

初歩的な文の訳が分かりません

ある問題で I confirmed that he came to Tokyo on Friday. とあったのですが訳を見ると 「私は、彼が金曜日に東京に来ることを確認した」 となっているのですが、he cameなら過去形なので「東京へ来た事」ではないのでしょうか?

• rakio
  • お礼率75% (71/94)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • katelyn
  • ベストアンサー率42% (190/445)
回答No.4

もう既に回答出てますが、皆さんのおっしゃる通り、よく教科書等で耳にする「時制の一致」に当てはまります。英語の場合は時制を揃えるという規則みたいなものがあります。 そのまま日本語の頭で考えると、rakioさんのおっしゃるようにまるで過去形に訳さなければいけないかのようですが、違います。 ちなみに↓で述べているhad comeに置き換えるのを文法用語で大過去時制と言います。had comeの形式は、自分が確認した事実より前に起こった事を現してるのです。 Wikiで分かりやすくまとめているのでリンク貼っておきますね^^

参考URL:
http://ja.wikibooks.org/wiki/%E8%8B%B1%E8%AA%9E/%E6%96%87%E6%B3%95/%E6%99%82%E5%88%B6
rakio
質問者

お礼

みなさん、レスありがとうございました。 すごく勉強になりました。 超初心者でまた情けない質問をするかも知れませんが宜しくお願いします。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#83032
noname#83032
回答No.3

あまり自信が無いのですが、この問題は「時制の一致」だと思います。 今から考えると、確認したのは「過去」なので、「東京に来る事」も過去になると思います。 ちなみに「東京へ来た事」とするには・・・ I confirmed that he had come to Tokyo on Friday. だと思います。 教え方がかなり悪いと思うので、分からなかったら無視してください。 すいませんでした。

• komimasaH
  • ベストアンサー率16% (179/1067)
回答No.2

「東京へ来た事」 の意味にするには、had come になります。 確認した時点より前の時制にする必要があります。 この場合、来るのは確認するよりは未来になりますが、現在形は 予定を示す場合もありますので、それを過去形に直せば、 こういう文が可能です。

• arasara
  • ベストアンサー率13% (377/2789)
回答No.1

こんにちは。 これは、いわゆる「時制の一致」じゃないでしょうか? confirmedが過去なので、本来comesなのが、過去形のcameになっているのだと思います。 「東京へ来た事」にするなら、 I confirmed that he had come to Tokyo on Friday. になると思います。

関連するQ&A

• この文の意味を教えてください。

このメールの意味がわからなくて困っています。このような訳もわからなくって恥ずかしいです。よろしくお願いします。 What I meant to say is that, if I end up only correcting sentences on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I'm willing to do around 12 on each of those days.

• 訳を見てください2

The American superstar announced on his Web site on Friday that he was taking time out to resolve the issues caused by his "infidelity" to wife Elin, having been mired in controversy since he crashed his car outside his Florida mansion late last month. このアメリカンスーパースターは、フロリダの豪邸付近で先月起こした自動車事故以来泥沼化する論争のなか、金曜日に自身のウェブサイトで、時間を取って妻のエリンへの「背信行為」が引き起こした問題を解決したいとする声明を発表した。 こなれた役になってますでしょうか?

• 訳なのですが

ペンパルからのメールですがいまいち意味が理解できません。 ”私の誕生日は22日の火曜日だけど、23日の金曜日にお祝いするつもり。・・・私の解釈はここまでなんですが、 So~がよく分りません・・・。 あともし私の解釈が違っていたら教えて下さい。お願いします。 My birthday is on the 22nd of this month. It is on a Thursday. But i will celebrate my Birthday on the 23rd on that friday. So what ever day you want to see me than that day we will celebrate my day!

• 英文の訳をお願いします。

(1) Are you jealous that he came one place above you in OP Best Dressed Man list? (Sam came 7th, Tom 8th) (2)now that I know about this he, I am! Saying that, he deserves that because I rock around in scruffy jogging buttons and scruffy boots most of the time. I think I scrub up okay, which is possibly while I was on that list. But Tom is always well dressed. Some people have just got it; I wish I was one of them.

• cater の訳

cater の訳 次の文章でcaterがどういう使われ方をしているのかがわかりません。 I'd like to have a small reception catered this Friday afternoon. (参考書の訳:今週金曜日の午後に行う小さなパーティーに料理の配達をお願いしたい。) なぜ、過去分詞の形になっているのでしょうか。そして、なぜこのような訳になるのでしょうか。英文法に詳しい方、よろしくお願いします。

• この文の訳を教えてください。

"Nonsense," I told her. " He's a fine, happy boy and you know it." "But she is an expert in child care," Carolyn protested. "She must know." "Even experts can be wrong," I said. I told her of an incident that had happened to an editor I know. One cold morning a warning light in her car came on. She quickly stopped at a service station. "Don't worry about it," the mechanic who checked her car told her. "The light will go off as soon as the car gets warmed up." She knew the car, and knew the warning light had never lit up on any other cold morning——but the expert had said it was OK, so she drove on. It turned out that the radiator was frozen; she almost ruined the car. "I learned my lesson," she told me. "I should have paid attention to my own sense of the situation instead of listening to someone who was supposed to know." "And that's what you're doing with your son," I said to Carolyn. I was scolding her, but I was sympathetic too. The world has become so complicated that we're no longer sure of our ability to understand and deal with it. But common sense is as useful now as it ever was. No amount of expert knowledge can take the place of an intimate understanding of a person or a situation. At times you just have to trust your own judgment. It almost cost me my life to learn that. I was reading a book one day, scratching the back of my head, When I noticed that, in one particular spot, the scratching echoed inside my head. I rushed off to my doctor. "So think you've got a hole in your head?" He joked. "It's nothing——just a nerve." Two years later, and after seeing four doctors, I was still being told it was nothing. To the fifth doctor, I said almost in despair, "But I live in this body. I know something's different." "If you don't believe me, I'll take an X-ray and prove it to you," he said. Well, there it was, of course, a tumor as big as a golf ball. After the operation, a doctor stopped by my bed. "It's a good thing you're so smart," he said. "Most patients die of these tumors because we don't know they're there until it is too late." I'm really not so smart. I believe experts too easily. I shouldn't have listened to those first four doctors. It's hard to question opinions given with absolute certainty. Experts always sound so sure of themselves . この文の訳をお願いします!

• 訳がうまくできません 教えてください

継父とうまくいってない話を書いてきてくれたのですが、よくわかりません、教えてください 相手の人は生まれも育ちもアメリカ人なんですが、普段からごちゃごちゃの文法や誤字などが多い人みたいです・・・今回少し真面目な文だったので教えてほしいです。お願いします I just talk to my mom for two hours about every thing that is going on in our lives. She said that she was sorry for the way she act. We really talk about my step father daughter. She is the one that is 26, my step father was looking she last week because he haven't seen her in 13 years. So she come over for the night on Friday. So me and my mom talk about how it was to have her being with us. 私は母と2時間私たちの生活のすべて?について話した。彼女は彼女の行動を私にあやまった。私たちは継父の連れ娘についてたくさん話した。彼女は26歳だ。継父は先週彼女を探していた。なぜなら彼は13年間彼女とあってなかった。金曜日の夜彼女が訪ねてきた。。。。。。。。わかりません すみません訳を教えてください

• 訳をお願いします。

They really need her to come clean with anything else she knows about Phillip . I told her Phillip is not the man he portrayed himself to be . He never was . He used his con game for his first victim and then again on Katie Calloway , the victim he was in prison for before he kidnapped me . It's always been about what's best for him . All those times he would say the angels protected him that day that he took me from hill never once did he even think that I was the one in need of protection that day . I'd like to believe she felt badly for me all those years , but in a way it was always a selfish act on her part . Yes , she didn't want me to go through all that , but to turn a blind eye to what she knew he was doing to an eleven-year-old girl . How could she splits and other things , all for her husband ? She said she hoped one day that my mom could forgive her , and I said I wouldn't hold out for that . ある本の中の一節で、三箇所抜き出しました。わからないので、訳を教えてください。お願いします。

• 文の構造がわかりません。

文の構造がわかりません。 I came to the woods because I wished to live deliberately and see if I could not learn what it had to teach,and not,when I came to die discover that I had not lived. これは、ヘンリーディビットの「森の生活」からの抜粋です。 前半は理解できるんですが、and not~以降がわかりません。 質問1、何に対してand notと言っているのか。 質問2、when I came to die の後ろには何が省略されているのでしょうか。 なお、日本語訳はすでに読んでいるので、意味はわかっています。ただ、英語の構造上がどうなっているのか知りたいです。お分かりになる方よろしくお願いいたします。

• 通じますか? 修正もお願いします

私はすでに昨日東京へ戻っているのですが、相手からいつ戻るの? と聞かれたときに I already in Tokyo. I came back on sunday. は通じますか? 修正もお願いします