• ベストアンサー

HEMINGWAYの訳

HEMINGWAYのSOLDIER'S HOMEの中のセンテンスです。うまく訳せないので、助けてください。 When he went away only little girls wore their hair like that or girls that were fast. と、 It was all right to pose as though you had to have a girl. です。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • rikax
  • ベストアンサー率42% (118/276)
回答No.2

遅くなりました。前後の文章を頂いて考えてみました(+自分でもワケわからなく なってきたので友人にも聞いて確かめました(笑))。だいたいの意味あいとしては 「彼は一人で生きていくことに苦痛を感じず、また恋人(girl)も必要なかった。 それは軍隊にいた時から恋人のいない生活に慣れていたから[恋人がほしい ふりは皆していたが]。女性は必要なかった。」 といった感じではないでしょうか。「as」の後でいったん区切って訳したのはその 1文だけパッとみて回答してしまった私の早とちりでした。混乱させてしまって すみません! 私はこの作品、残念ながら英語でも日本語でも読んだことがありません。 でも今回のこの件で興味がわきましたので、時間ができたら読んでみようかと 思います。がんばってくださいね!では。

soguri
質問者

お礼

本当にありがとうございました。 この作品は来週から始まるテストの範囲になっているので、必死こいて訳してました。・・・ほとんど、rikax様に助けていただいて訳しきったようなものですが。お友達にまでご迷惑が及んでしまって、申し訳なくて仕方ないです。とにかく感謝!

その他の回答 (1)

• rikax
  • ベストアンサー率42% (118/276)
回答No.1

前後の文章、話の流れ/内容がわからないので、適切な訳になるかどうか わかりませんが・・・。とにかくヘミングウェイの英文は「短い」ことで 有名です。これらの文章も途中でとぎれてはいませんでしたか?勝手な解釈を すると 「when he went away, only little girls wore their hair like that, or girls that were fast」 と区切れるかと思います。その場合「彼が去った時、小さい女の子達だけが 髪の毛をそのよう(なスタイル)にしていた」。あと、この場合の「fast」が どういう意味で使われているのか察することができませんが、1つの意味としては 「小さい女の子達、それにふしだらな女の子達だけが髪をそのようにしていた」 などと取れるかと思います。 「it was all right to pose as, though you had to have a girl」 と区切れるとすれば、「そのように振る舞う(ポーズをとる)のはかまわなかった けれど、でも貴方は女の子を連れておく(持つ?=have)べきだったね」 内容の流れがわかりませんので、あとは適切に訳をあわせて考えてみて 下さい。

soguri
質問者

補足

早速回答していただいてありがとうございます。 ヘミングウェイの文章は確かにコンマが多くて訳しづらいのですが、どちらもその文章についてはコンマはありません。前者の文章については、私もfastが判らなかったのですが、rikaxさんの訳で意味は通るので納得しました。 ただ、後者の文章についてですが、私はas though以下を「まるで~のように」と解釈していたのですが、それは違いますか?この文章の前後は He wanted to live alomg without consequence. Besides he did not really need a girl. The army had taught him that. [it was all right to pose as though you had to have a girl.]Nearly everybody did that. But it wasn't true. You did not need a girl. That was the funny thing.・・・ と、なっています。 rikaxさんはこの作品を読んだことはありますか?この文章のyouというのも、我々読者のことだと思っていたのですが、いまいちよく判りません。

関連するQ&A

• soがいるのでは?

次の英文を単文(Simple Sentence)に書き改めよ。 He went to Germany that he might study medicine. 答:He went to Germany to study medicine. 問いの文なんですが、これってthatの前にsoがいると思うんですけど、どうなんでしょうか。

• 訳がよくわかりません。

訳に手こずっています。宜しくお願いします。 (1) The bullet lodged in my left shoulder - a little lower, and I should have been in Paradise long ago. (2) We are complaining that our days are few, and acting as though there would be no end to them.

• 訳教えて下さい(>_<)

明日テストなのに教科書の内容が全然把握出来ていません!! 誰か助けて下さい(>_<) the way to effective writing という教科書です。 Sylvia Stone, Chris Mather,and Harry Goodman founded House-bots in 1995 with a dream of taking robots out of the realm of science fiction and into people’s living rooms. However, first they had to learn some tough lessones about reality. A robot is in essence a computer, but House-bots wanted customers to buy Sally as a household appliance. The problem is that people expect more from applinces than from computers. Appliances have to be low in cost and easy to use. A $3,000 vacuum cleaner with a 50-page user’s manual is jast not going to sell. This time the topic sentence is the second sentence. The first sentence give a little preparatory information but does not introduce the whole idea of the paragragh. On the other hand, sentence 2, the topic sentence, lets the reader know that the topic will be about the difficulties encountered in getting a robot ready for ordimary people. Again, all of the subsequent sentences relate to this idea.

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません。 Once people started imagining the future, even the most banal life events seemed to take a dramatic turn for the better. Mundane scenes brightened with upbest details as if polished by a Hollywood script doctor. You might think that imagining a future haircut would be pretty dull. Not at all. Here is what one of my participants pictured:“I was getting my hair cut to donate to Locks of Love [a charity that fashions wigs for young cancer patients]. It had taken me years to grow it out, and my friends were all there to help celebrate. We went to my favorite hair place in Brooklyn and then went to lunch at ourfavorite restaurant.” この英文を全訳していただけるとありがたいです。

• 訳をお願いします。

I'd like to believe she felt badly for me all those years , but in a way it was always a selfish act on her part . Yes , she didn't want me to go through all that , but to turn a blind eye to what she knew he was doing to an eleven-year-old girl . How could she entertain little girls in the van and videotape them doing the splits and other things , all for her husband ? 以前に同じ文の訳をお願いしたのですが、一部単語が抜けていたので、改めて和訳をお願いします。宜しくお願いします。

• 【why】題名がわかりません・・・【I dont know】

男性が歌っていて、女性を想っての曲だと 思うのですが歌詞もところどころしか聞き取れず 題名もわからない曲があります。 厳しい条件なのですが、もしピンときた方いらっしゃれば教えて頂けると嬉しいです。 (始まり部分) Yeah....Say wo..... Time went by and it seems to me... まとまって聞き取れた部分は、 All that I know is that I need to show what I want to do for you before you go. という箇所です。そのあと、 I wanna....just for my little girl. just for my little baby. と盛り上がり部分に入ります。 耳に付く部分は、 How...I dont know, や Why...I dont know.... とかで数回出てくるのですが・・・。

• 日本語訳で困っています。

日本語訳がわかりません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)My mom says it felt as though someone tapped her on the shoulder, but when she turned around no one was there. (2)It was then that she noticed I wasn't in sight. (3)She saw me in the pool, kicking and waving my arms in the air, trying to keep my head above the water. (4)She held me in her arms and thanked God that I was all right.

• 【至急】日本語訳を教えて下さい!!

【至急】日本語訳を教えて下さい!! Although he might have achieved, if his health had improved, it is impossible to say. I found none of the shoes completely to my taste. It seems probable, though it cannot be proven, that lying ―and getting away with it― will lead to more lying. "I bought that new model." "Did you? Weren't you saying you didn't like the color? How come you bought it?" 上記の4つの訳がわかりません、誰か教えていただけないでしょうか

• とても分かりづらい英語ですが訳を助けてください!

訳を見てほしいのですが、ちょっとわかりづらい英語で困ってます。おしえてください。ちなみに相手mの方はアメリカンなんですが英語がちょっと自己流な感じです・・・ 分けました。 (1) I told myself That I well send you a email before I go to sleep so you well know me alittle more. This email maybe long or not, I don't know right now LOL. But what I want to say is. Alot of time when I think I know the woman or girl I can see myself marring. 寝る前に君にメールを送るということを話したけどもう少し私がわかる。このメールが長いかそうじゃないかいまはわからない(笑)でも私が言いたいこと。。。?? 私が考える多くの時間は・・・・・・・??? (2)I have to hold back what I feel and what I really want to say. I don't want that girl or woman run away of me because she think that I'm moving to fast. It is just all of my friends but one are married. And they are happy. And there is me, fun, kind, caring, a joy to be around. But a little sad. But for the good news! I do hope that are that one person I do end up with. And yeah I well be happy. 私は・・・私の感じること私が本当に言いたいこと・・・??私から逃げる女の子はほしくない。なぜなら彼女は・・・・・れは私の友達でも一人だけ結婚してる。彼らは幸せだ。・・・・・でも少し悲しいでもいいニュースだ。・・・・

• 過去を表す語句が「ない」のに、過去形にしてもいいのですか?

過去を表す語句が「ない」のに、過去形にしてもいいのですか? Is it all right to use the past tense ,even though the sentences have no words to describe the past ? 時制についてお聞きしたいことがありますが、よろしいでしょうか? I'd like to ask you about the past tense of English. Could you look at this ? Here is the sentence written in Japanese. and this is the model answer in English. I read in the newspaper that more and more people living in cities are becoming interested in gerdening. 都会に暮らす人の間で、ガーデニングが趣味だという人の数が増えてきている、という記事を新聞で読みました。 質問ですが、読みました、と書いてあるのに過去形の語句、yesterday などがないのに、過去形を書いていいのでしょうか? I'd like to ask a question, but is it all right to use the past tense , even though the sentences have no words to describe the past such as yesterday ? 誤字、脱字、または英文の誤りがあれば、遠慮なくご指摘ください。よろしくお願いします。