子供が楽しむ大きな遊び場とおもちゃ屋があります!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「また、彼らのすべてのお金を使った後に彼らの両親が一休みしていてみる間、あなたは子供と子供が楽しむ大きい遊び場にいくつかのオモチャ屋を見つけるでしょう。」
  • 英語の翻訳サイトでは「」と表現されますが、while以下の部分の意味は分かりませんでした。
  • この文の訳し方についてご存知の方、教えてください。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

下記の意味を教えてください

You will also find several toy stores for children and a large playground for kids to enjoy while their parents try and catch their breath after spending all their money. 「また、彼らのすべてのお金を使った後に彼らの両親が一休みしていてみる間、あなたは子供と子供が楽しむ大きい遊び場にいくつかのオモチャ屋を見つけるでしょう。」 上記の英語を翻訳サイトで訳すと「」のようになりました。 まぁ、なんとなく意味は理解できたのですが、while以下の分でtry and catch の部分が訳されていないので、これは何かの熟語なのかしらべようにも辞書に載っていません。 ご存知の方、この文の訳し方を教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.1

try and catchは、try to catchと同義です。「catch their breathし ようとする」の意。全体を訳すと、 子供たちの親たちが、ありたけのお金を使い果たした末に一息つこう とする一方、子供たちには何軒かオモチャ屋、もっと小さな子供用に は大きな遊び場が用意されていることにも気づくでしょう。

pinapina
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 英語堪能で尊敬します。 助かりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• dasaltew
  • ベストアンサー率69% (643/923)
回答No.2

こんにちは。  whileはwhereas(implying a contrast),つまり対比を意味する接続詞というよりも,although(implying a concession)譲歩を意味する接続詞でよいと思います。  「~であるが,しかしながら」「~にもかかわらず」「~だけれども」という日本語です。  この文章は,「両親が子どもにどれだけお金と時間をはたいても,費やすお金と時間は尽きることがない。」という意味です。  教育や養育には終わりがないということを,たとえで表しているのです。

pinapina
質問者

お礼

なるほど、ありがとうございました。 大変助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 正しい意味を教えてください(英語の歌詞)

Donovanの「Catch The Wind」という歌に出てくる一文なのですが、その中によく出てくる 「I may as well, try and catch the wind」 の意味を教えていただきたいのです。 たとえば、↓のような感じで使われています。 For standing in your heart Is where I want to be,and long to be Ah, but I may as well, try and catch the wind これは、ある訳では 「あなたの心の中にいたい、だから風のように 遠くへ行かないで」 とされていました。この訳も大好きなのですが、 辞書で調べたら、「あなたの心にいたい。でも それは無理(風をつかむようなもの)」が 本当のニュアンスのような気がしてきました。 メロディがやさしいし、失恋の歌ではないのが希望なのですが(^^;)本当の意味を知りたいので、 解説をお願いしますm(_ _)m

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have been dating a wonderful guy for several years. He is a great partner, handsome, hard-working, and he cares a great deal about making me happy. My parents love him, too. I recently learned that his small business is paying several employees under the table, at the employees’ request. This has left me feeling confused and upset. I believed that he was a pretty ethical person, and, in his mind, he is doing a favor to his employees. In my mind, he is risking the company that he has worked so hard to build. paying several employees under the tableはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文の訳をおねがいします!!

次の英文の訳をお願いします; For many children in the South African village of Diepsloot, the colorful PlayPumpis the first playground equipment they've ever seen, When they give a push and jumponboard for a ride, smiles of wonder break out on their faces.But the fun ofwhirling in a circle is just part of the amazement.This incredible invention doesn'tjust change their playtime,but it changes their lives.As the merry-go-round spins,itpumps clean water up from deep underground and stores it in a huge tank. Peopleare welcome to come and help themselves to the water.

• この文章の意味がつかめません

勉強に使っているサイトのトランスクリプトにつぎのような文が載っていました。 途中まではこう訳しました「もうすぐ発売されるのJohn Avlonの著書で彼は無党派層は本来すべてが同じではなく、多くは???」 ここまでしかわかりませんでした。それ以降の文は部分的にわかっても、大意さえもつかめませんでした。特に ; simple yet bedeviling ideas for both parties which constantly play to their conservative and liberal bases. のセミコロン以下の文はわかりません。 どう解釈するのでしょうか? In his upcoming book, John Avlon argues that independents by their nature are not all the same, but many want limited spending, generous social policies and, most of all, government that listens to them; simple yet bedeviling ideas for both parties which constantly play to their conservative and liberal bases.

• 日本語訳を教えてください(かなり長文です)(3)

Why Chinese Mothers Are Superiorという記事です。日本語訳を教えてください。お願いします。 My friend Susan, the host, tried to rehabilitate me with the remaining guests. The fact is that Chinese parents can do things that would seem unimaginable—even legally actionable—to Westerners. Chinese mothers can say to their daughters, "Hey fatty—lose some weight." By contrast, Western parents have to tiptoe around the issue, talking in terms of "health" and never ever mentioning the f-word, and their kids still end up in therapy for eating disorders and negative self-image. (I also once heard a Western father toast his adult daughter by calling her "beautiful and incredibly competent." She later told me that made her feel like garbage.) Chinese parents can order their kids to get straight As. Western parents can only ask their kids to try their best. Chinese parents can say, "You're lazy. All your classmates are getting ahead of you." By contrast, Western parents have to struggle with their own conflicted feelings about achievement, and try to persuade themselves that they're not disappointed about how their kids turned out. I've thought long and hard about how Chinese parents can get away with what they do. I think there are three big differences between the Chinese and Western parental mind-sets. First, I've noticed that Western parents are extremely anxious about their children's self-esteem. They worry about how their children will feel if they fail at something, and they constantly try to reassure their children about how good they are notwithstanding a mediocre performance on a test or at a recital. In other words, Western parents are concerned about their children's psyches. Chinese parents aren't. They assume strength, not fragility, and as a result they behave very differently. For example, if a child comes home with an A-minus on a test, a Western parent will most likely praise the child. The Chinese mother will gasp in horror and ask what went wrong.

• どの前置詞がはいるのでしょうか。

以下の問題の(         )に適切なのは We enjoyed visiting several temples and shrines ( ) our stay in Nara. (1)  for (2)  while (3)  when (4)  during (4) during が入るのでしょうか? 教えて下さい!

• 意味を教えてください

My clients are driving me insane. I'm a New Jersey hairdresser and my clientele consists of rich bitches who constantly hustle me for discounts, plead with me to do things "for less," beg for gifts, and all the while they're talking about their houses in the Hamptons and Palm Springs. They constantly haggle. Would they dare haggle at Bergdorf? Why do they feel they can do it with me? I give them gorgeous hair for a fair and reasonable price. I give them gorgeous hair for a fair の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳を教えてください(かなり長文です)(8)

翻訳機では分かりにくくて、この長文の日本語訳を教えていただけたらと思います。お願いします。 私の質問の(3)(4)(5)も教えていただけると幸いです。お願いします。 There are all these new books out there portraying Asian mothers as scheming, callous, overdriven people indifferent to their kids' true interests. For their part, many Chinese secretly believe that they care more about their children and are willing to sacrifice much more for them than Westerners, who seem perfectly content to let their children turn out badly. I think it's a misunderstanding on both sides. All decent parents want to do what's best for their children. The Chinese just have a totally different idea of how to do that. Western parents try to respect their children's individuality, encouraging them to pursue their true passions, supporting their choices, and providing positive reinforcement and a nurturing environment. By contrast, the Chinese believe that the best way to protect their children is by preparing them for the future, letting them see what they're capable of, and arming them with skills, work habits and inner confidence that no one can ever take away.

• 英語添削お願いします。(TOEFL-IBT)

文法など至らない点が多く申し訳ありませんが、よろしくお願いします。 問:What do you think is the best parents? 解答: Children can’t choose their parents. In my case, I’m proud of my parents and I think I’m happy to be their child. What makes parents the best one depends on some reasons. I’ll explain them one by one. First, the best parents must have the ability to wait and see. To think of myself, it is natural that children can’t deal with the problem well at first. And in many cases, if they have enough time to try it again and again, they will surely make it. However, if their parents make them stop tackling the problem and help them, children will fail to accomplish their goals and lose their confidence. For example, when I was in my elementary school, my teacher gave me a lot of homework. I tried so hard to do it, but sometimes it was too difficult for me. I begged my mother for some help, but she refused it and said that she believed me that I could do it by myself. I didn’t understand what she said, and I felt she was not the best mother. Anyway, finally I did it and I was so proud of myself and felt I could do everything from now on. However, if my mother helped me at that time, I just finished my homework without getting confidence. Second, the best parents will give many experience to their children, for example, sports, traveling, and working. This is because what children have learned in their childhood will give them many choices of the future plans. If a father plays baseball with his boy, it can happen that the boy wishes he will be a baseball player. For example, my parents gave me the great experience with dogs and now I became a veterinary student. So, it is very important that the parents make their children experience many things to make their future shine. To sum up, the best parents should know children don’t belong to them. By thinking this way, they can wait and see how their children are doing, and do the best things in order to make their future soundful.

• 和訳の質問です。

下記の和訳がわかりません。 どなたかご教示いただけないでしょうか。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 A prominent early skeptic of the proposal is Doug Ford, a former city councillor and brother of late former mayor Rob Ford. While in office, the Fords were rigidly opposed to spending on expensive projects and sought to avoid what they viewed as wasteful spending on urban-focused initiatives while priorities that concerned residents of their suburban constituencies were sidelined.