• ベストアンサー

イギリス文学のsonnetについて教えて下さい。

何かの物語なんですけど、 Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: と、 So lomg as men can breathe or eyes can see, So long lives this, and this gives life to thee. これはどういう意味ですか??(訳をお願いします。) それと、これの作者は誰ですか??? なんかとても変と言うか唐突でごめんなさい。 sonnetじたい何かわからないので、詳しい方はsonnetの特徴も教えて下さると嬉しい限りです。宜しくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • fortune
  • ベストアンサー率42% (6/14)
回答No.2

シェイクスピアのソネットの中でもよく知られた 作品です。映画等でも引用されていますよね。 概要は下記アドレスで「Brother Syndrome、その十六」へどうぞ。 リズムがあるものなので、原詩もよく読んでみて下さい。 シェイクスピアのソネットについての本を図書館などで探せばもっと詳しくわかります。 蛇足ながら、「summer」で日本の夏を想起しないほうがいいと思います。

参考URL:
http://www3.plala.or.jp/MIDBLUE/
tomo5555
質問者

お礼

早速教えていただいたURLにいっったところ、より詳しく知ることができました。どうもありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• ranx
  • ベストアンサー率24% (357/1463)
回答No.1

シェークスピアのようですね。 直訳でよければ、最初のは おまえをある夏の日と比べてみようか。 おまえの方がずっと愛らしく穏やかだ。 次のは 人々が息をする限り、人々の目が物を見られる限り、 これが生き、そしておまえに生命を与える限り。 まずい訳ですみません。 sonnetは韻を踏んだ14行の詩という以上のことを 私は知りません。ごめんなさい。

参考URL:
http://www.pitt.edu/~poole/shakespeare.html
tomo5555
質問者

お礼

ご丁寧にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• シェークスピアのソネット18から

Sonnet 18 William Shakespeare Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate: Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, And summer's lease hath all too short a date: Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, And often is his gold complexion dimmed; And every fair from fair sometime declines, By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed; But thy eternal summer shall not fade, Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st; Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade, When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st; So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see, So long lives this, and this gives life to thee. これはシェイクスピアのソネット18からです。最後から4行目をご覧になってください。 wand'rest は wander の二人称なのでしょうか?

• 古英の訳をみてほしいです。

O stay, three lives in one flea spare,Where we almost,yea,more than married are. →あぁ、いるよ。結婚するより賛成されるところ、ノミの中の三つの命は割かれる。 Though parents grudge,and,you apt to kill me, Let not to that self-murder added be, And sacrilege,three sins in killing three. →(これは全く分かりません)  Cruel and sudden, hast thuou since Purpled thy nail in blood of innocence? →あなたは、あなたのつめが純真な血の中で紫色にされてから残酷で急になったの? Yet thou triumph'st,and say'st that thou Find'st not thyself nor me the weaker now. →(文構成が全く読めません) 'Tis true; then learn how false fears be; →それは真実である。それからどのように偽りの不安があるのかを学ぶ。 Just so much honour, when thou yield'st to me,Will waste,as this flea's death took life from thee. →あなたが私を産むときまさに多くの不名誉があり、廃棄物はこのノミの死のようにあなたの人生をもたらすでしょう。 どういう意味がこめられている詩なのかも分かったら教えて欲しいです。お願いします。

• シェークスピア Poor soul, the centre of my sinful earth,

シェークスピアのソネットだそうですが和訳はございますでしょうか?書籍名などご存知でしたらお教え下さい。問題なければ訳文ご紹介頂ければ。よろしくお願いいたします。 Poor soul, the centre of my sinful earth, My sinful earth these rebel powers array, Why dost thou pine within and suffer dearth, Painting thy outward walls so costly gay? Why so large cost, having so short a lease, Dost thou upon thy fading mansion spend? Shall worms, inheritors of this excess, Eat up thy charge? is this thy body's end? Then soul live thou upon thy servant's loss, And let that pine to aggravate thy store; Buy terms divine in selling hours of dross; Within be fed, without be rich no more. So shall thou feed on Death, that feeds on men, And Death once dead, there's no more dying then.

• これどういう意味ですか?

Let us go. Come. Our separation so abides and flies That thou, residing here, goes yet with me, And I, hence fleeting, here remain with thee. Away! これどういう意味ですか? うまく訳せません わかる方、教えてください。

• 訳し方が分かりません。

ロミオとジュリエットの台詞です。 How cam'st thou hither,tell me ,and,wherefore? The orchard walls are high and hard to climb,and the place death ,considering who thou art,ih any og place death ,considering who thou art,ih any og my kinsmen find thee here. あと、その後の、o'erperchも謎?です。 困ってます。お願いします。

• 契約書の和訳(一部)

以下契約文の和訳と質問にご回答お願いします。 A Agreement and this B Agreement shall be read and construed as one document and this B Agreement shall be considered to be part of the A Agreement and, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, where the context so allows, reference in the A Agreement to “this Agreement”, howsoever expressed, shall be read and construed as reference to the A Agreement as supplemented and amended by this B Agreement. 〔和訳〕 A契約と本B契約は一つの文書として読まれ、解釈されるものとし、本B契約はA契約の一部と解釈される。上記の一般性を侵害することなく、where the context so allows、A契約で「本契約(this Agreement)」と言及されるものは、それがどのような表現であれ、本B契約で補足及び修正されるようにA契約に関する言及として読み、解釈する。 〔質問〕 1."where the context so allows"の訳し方が分かりません。「so」が何を指し、何を「allows」しているのかが分かりません。 2.この英文中の「reference」の適切な訳し方を教えてください。

• これ和訳出来ますか?

これ和訳出来る方いらっしゃいますか? 会話文の一節です。 The other big thing is, we want gaming to be more social so this idea of "LIVE", where your friends can get on, and you can have spectators and contests and make it into a very social activity.

• 和訳をお願いします

The team’s next step is to train their computer decoder to recognize consonants so that patients can from whole words, and even sentences. They also hope that with developments in technology, they can implant more electrodes in their next patient to transmit a more detailed signal. また、1つ目の文のso that patients can ~のcanのかかる動詞はなんなんですか? よろしくお願いします^^;

• 和訳をお願いします

The team’s next step is to train their computer decoder to recognize consonants so that patients can from whole words, and even sentences. They also hope that with developments in technology, they can implant more electrodes in their next patient to transmit a more detailed signal. また、1つ目の文のso that patients can ~のcanのかかる動詞はなんなんですか?

• 英文の契約書の日本語訳に困っています

海外のお客様との契約書を初めて扱うことになり、日常会話では使われないような言い回しや単語が出てきているので、英訳に困っています。 どなたか日本語訳をお願いできないでしょうか Arbitration and Competent Court of Law Nothing in this agreement shall be construed so as to require the commision of any contrary to law, and , wherever there is any conflict between any provision of this agreement and any statute law or ordinance concerning the legal rights of the parties, such as the right to contract, the latter shall prevail to the extent it cannot be disposed of by said partied, but in such an event, the affected provisions of this agreement shall be curtailed and limited only to extent, necessary to bring it within the legal requirements. In the event that the provisions of this article shall be invoked by either party hereto and any curtailment or limitation of this agreement alerts said rights and duties of the parties hereto, then said parties shall negotiate in good faith, so that rights and duties of said parties, as nearly as possible, shall be the same as before the invocation of the foregoing provisions of this article. Should any part of provision of this agreement be held unenforceable or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity of the remaining parts or provisions shall not be affected by such holdings and an equitable adjustment shall be negotiated by the parties, whereby any portion of this agreement, that may be in violation of the laws of a country to which this agreement extends, may be stricken or modified and equitable adjustment can be made to conform the revised portion to the benefits intended as set forth herein. Any dispute, controversy of claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof shall be settled by the amigable arbitration of the international Chamber of Commerce at Singapore. よろしくお願いいたします