• ベストアンサー

global packってどう訳す?

And will Australian consumers be prepared to pay what's need to keep the nation's information economy ahead of the global pack? global packというところなのですが、packは辞書に(人間の)一団、徒党とあったのですが、これを世界の人々と訳すと、packのニュアンスは伝わらないような感じがするのですが、どう訳すのが適切でしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.2

こんにちは! And will Australian consumers be prepared to pay what's needed to keep the nation's information economy ahead of the global pack? (1)pack は「一団」「群れ」の意味ですね。例)a pack of wolves (狼の群れ)。そして、economy は「経済」ですが、国際的な視野での話しですので、「オーストラリアの情報経済体」という1つの有機体として考えています。他の、アメリカの情報経済体、日本の情報経済体、という虎視眈々たる経済体が群れている中の1つです。 (2)ということで、"global pack" は、a pack of information economies in the world(世界の一群の情報経済体)というイメージで捉えられていると思います。 (3)この記事の著者は、オーストラリアの情報経済体は、今群れの先頭集団にいると考えています。keep ~ ahead というのは、その状態を保ち、ズルズルと後方集団に落ちていかないようにするということです。 (4)でもそのためには投資が必要ですね。そしてそれは当然、コストとして消費者にはね返ってくるわけですが、その費用を払う準備がありますか?と聞いています。 以上、少しでも御参考になれば幸いです。

007figure
質問者

お礼

丁寧な回答をありがとうございました。よくわかりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• sanori
  • ベストアンサー率48% (5664/11798)
回答No.1

http://www2.alc.co.jp/ejr/index.php?word_in=keep+ahead+of+&word_in2=%82%A9%82%AB%82%AD%82%AF%82%B1&word_in3=PVawEWi72JXCKoa0Je keep the nation's information economy ahead of the global pack は 「国の情報経済を世界に先んじらせる」 の意味になるかと思います。

007figure
質問者

お礼

迅速な回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文の意味を教えてくれませんか?

I am interested in your camera. I know that you have not asked me to do this, but would you accept US$700 for the camera and US$50 for postage. The postage at the moment is US$34, but I am happy to pay you US$50. I ask this because I need the Australian price to be less than $1000 so I don't have to pay import duties. For amounts over $1000 Australian I will have to pay large import duties. 何度もグーグル翻訳とかで挑戦しましたが、途中で意味不明なんです。 送料が34アメリカドルなんですが、50ドルって? 最終的には、オーストラリアドルで1000以下にできないかということでしょうか? 教えていただけないでしょうか?

• 翻訳お願いします

Good day, I have the tub prepared to ship. However, the freight forwarder will most likely charge me to warehouse the tub until the sink arrives. I cannot afford to pay fees on top of the separate freight charges. At this point in time I do not have an exact date on the arrival of the sink. I will keep you updated as I receive more information. All the best,

• 英文の翻訳(和訳)をおねがいします。 考えてみたのですがうまく訳せません。

Like the nation itself, American college life is diverse, challenging, complicated, and ever changing. Technology, in particular, is as much a driver of change in education today as it is in the global economy in general. This diversity in college experiences has the great advantage of allowing students from many different backgrounds to pursue a college education in a setting that they find suitable for their individual success.

• この英語訳はあっていますでしょうか?

以下の文を訳してみましたがあっていますでしょうか? もし、おかしいところとかあればなぜおかしいのかをご教授いただけませんでしょうか? 原文: While you don’t need to submit documents supporting your claims when you submit your EOI, you must have a range of information prepared.For example, for an independent skilled visa you must have: ↓ 訳文: あなたはあなたのEOIを提出する時、あなたはあなたの要求を支えている資料を提出する必要はない上に、 あなたはさまざまな範囲の準備された情報を保持しなければならない。例えば、独立技術visaの為にあなたは持つ。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 part.4 <Humankind should return to nature.> 2001

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。 I think that humankind need not return to nature. Some may say that humankind should return to nature, because our civilized culture has done too much harm to the earth and the world is faced with an unprecedented crisis. But I believe that there is a possibility that even our present culture plays an important role in the global environmental conservation. First, the society where information technology is developed would lead to a paperless society. In this society we can lead a present life without cutting enormous trees. Second, what the civilized are absorbed in is replacing goods into information. Goods need sacrifice something, while information need not cost anything. From this view, we are in the saving energy society. To sum up, even if we keep up our living standard, we can dispense with the damage to the earth, so humankind does not have to return to nature. (149words) 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。

• 関係詞の制限・非制限用法の区別で

下の一節(1)は2つの段落(2)をパラフレーズしたものです。 ある英語の高校用検定教科書にある問題で、空所を補えというものです。 (1) Professor Fukushima regained communication with others through finger Braille ( ) gave him the courage to live. He thinks we all wish for a spiritually rich life with others and information helps obtain this. So we need to tear down the information divide to achieve better understanding of human beings. (2) Professor Fukushima remembers regaining his desire and courage to live when he was able to communicate with others. Also, another vital factor was that there were people around them who would communicate with him using Braille. This support from others, from society, is an important thing not just for him, but also for everybody. What does this have to do with the information divide? First, let's stop and think: what's the most important thing in our life? To be happy, or to try to be happy. To pursue our happiness, we need each other's support and we need information and communication. Happiness is our goal, and information can help us get there. If we feel communication is impossible, that will be a psychological barrier against getting information. Until his mother created the method of finger Braille, that was Professor Fukushima's "information divide." 正解はwhich(カンマなし)になっていました。私は、この文脈では 関係詞whichは非制限的に用いられており、この教科書内の統一的表記としては 「,which」(カンマあり)がふさわしいと考えました。 実は、この検定教科書は関係詞の制限・非制限用法の区分について別の課で取り上げており、そこでは非制限用法の場合にはカンマが必須である、とまでは明記されているわけではありませんが、非制限用法として挙げられている全ての例文には関係詞の前にカンマをふっているからです。 カンマあり/なしという表記上の区別については横におくとして、私は、上の空所に入る関係詞whichはいわゆる非制限用法で用いられている、と考えますが、この私の理解は正しいでしょうか?

• 日本語訳していただけませんか?

友達に日本語訳頼まれて引き受けたんですが、量が多くて間に合いません。 手伝っていただけるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願いします。 The underlying factors compelling labor migration need to be considered at their core. Countries usually view the system as a short-term fix for economic problems, hoping that as the domestic economy improves, workers will return home. Yet without concerted government and industry efforts to develop the local economy, countries tend to remain in poverty. Some nations also experience a ″brain drain″ through which their best-educated citizens go abroad. A study by the Scalabrini Migration Center interviewed a group of Filipina women who had traveled overseas to work. Some 50 Percent were college-educated, yet they had left their country to work as maids or perform other non-skilled tasks.

• 和訳お願いいたします。

和訳お願いいたします。 If I look at your flight schedule you would only be in ●● for 3 days. Are you sure you are ok with it? Travel all this distance for only 3 days. if you tell me when you need to be back in Tokyo, I can try to find a better ticket for you.And if you agree with the time / date of the flights and provide me your passport details, I can book the flight for you.For your reference I put down some flights below.If you feel more comfortable with your travel agent, of course that's ok for me. But I would be more than happy to arrange everything for you.You can trust me .. I won't send you Africa or something .. hahaha ..no I would make sure everything is arranged well.I like what's most convenient for you.ps: make sure that your ticket goes to Brussels pss: if you go via Paris try to make sure you don't need to wait too long (difference between AF 7179 and AF 7181) Come back on the 4th (arrive in Tokyo on the 5th): JAL:Tokyo Haneda Paris C De Gaulle 01 Dec 01:30 06:20 Economy JL 41 Brussels Midi Rail Stn 01 Dec 10:10 11:52 Economy AF 7179 Brussels Airport London Heathrow 04 Dec 16:10 16:20 Economy JL 5104 Tokyo Narita 04 Dec 19:00 16:05 +1 Economy JL 402 AF:Tokyo Haneda Paris C De Gaulle 01 Dec 01:30 06:20 Economy AF 283 Brussels Midi Rail Stn 01 Dec 07:47 08:59 Economy AF 7181 Brussels Midi Rail Stn Paris C De Gaulle 04 Dec 10:21 11:36 Economy AF 7184 Tokyo Narita 04 Dec 13:30 09:10 +1 Economy AF 276 Come back on the 5th (arrive in Tokyo on the 6th) JAL:Tokyo Haneda Paris C De Gaulle 01 Dec 01:30 06:20 Economy JL 41 Brussels Midi Rail Stn 01 Dec 10:10 11:52 Economy AF 7179 Brussels Airport London Heathrow 05 Dec 16:10 16:20 Economy JL 5104 Tokyo Narita 05 Dec 19:00 16:05 +1 Economy JL 402 AF:Tokyo Haneda Paris C De Gaulle 01 Dec 01:30 06:20 Economy AF 283 Brussels Midi Rail Stn 01 Dec 07:47 08:59 Economy AF 7181 Brussels Airport Amsterdam 05 Dec 14:55 15:45 Economy KL 1726 Tokyo Narita 05 Dec 17:45 12:50 +1 Economy KL 8

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 ABU DHABI — Masdar, Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy company, is turning its attention to finding cost-effective ways to remove the salt from seawater, using renewable energy like solar power. There is a huge need for desalination in the Gulf, the world’s driest region and home to a rapidly growing population. In the desert lands of the Gulf and other parts of the Middle East, drinking water is mostly supplied from energy-intensive processes including chemical treatments, thermal distillation and filtration by reverse osmosis. These are all big energy consumers — and can burn up oil, the lifeblood of the region’s economy.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。 発送と支払いの事でメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 I will not be able to give you the shipping cost straight away as we have found recently that every box will need to measured prior to posting it. We can't measure until we have actually used a box for packing. Courier companies require weights and dimensions, and if we fail to provide the correct ones we will incur charges for it, what has happened to us recently. I will therefore need you to pay for your order first so that we could start packing it and once it's been packed I will have all the information about the total amount of boxes, their weights and dimensions I will then make another invoice for shipping.