• ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします

By individual change we refer to a spontaneous change in a language on the part of a single speaker. Community change we may define as the transmission and ultimate sharing of changes among speakers in a linguistic community. 「実質的変化によって、我々は一人の話し手の部分にある言語で自発変化を示す。我々はcommunity changeを、言語学的なコミュニティーで話者間にある伝達や変異の究極の共有を定義しても良い。」 といった感じで完全にお手上げになってしまいました。。 文意が取れません。 どなたか、分かりやすく教えていただけませんか?

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.3

こんにちは! By individual change we refer to a spontaneous change in a language on the part of a single speaker. Community change we may define as the transmission and ultimate sharing of changes among speakers in a linguistic community. (1)大きな構図としては (i) individual change ⇒ その定義 (ii) Community change ⇒ その定義 というふうに、2つの概念を対比的に定義しようとするものです。2文目が倒置になっているのも、それを明確にするためですね。 (2)By individual change we refer to a spontaneous change in a language on the part of a single speaker. ☆refer toは「言及する」ということですが、くだいて言えば、By ~の~というのは、a spontaneous change のことだよ、ということです。 ☆spontaneous changeは、「自発的な変化」ですが、「自分で行う変化」→「任意の変化」 ☆on the part ofは、行為者を表します。「~の」 (●訳)(本論で)「個別変化」と呼んでいるのは、1人の話者が行う言語上の任意の変化のことである。 (3)Community change we may define as the transmission and ultimate sharing of changes among speakers in a linguistic community. これも、By community change, we refer to the transmission ... と言えばいいのですが、同じ表現は退屈なので、変えているのです。構造は全く同一です。 ☆may は、日本語の、「~と言えるかもしれない」という、表現を和らげる気持ちです。 ☆ultimate sharingというのは、「最終的な共有」ですが、「結局、最後に、じゃ、今後はこれでいこうや、と認められ、固まった変化」ということです。 (●訳)(一方)「社会変化」というのは、ある言語共同体の中で、言語上の変化が伝達され、とうとう固定的に共有されるようになった変化というふうに定義できるであろう。 以上、少しでも御参考になれば幸いです。

suika19850
質問者

お礼

お返事が遅れてしまい、申し訳ありません(>_<) とてもご丁寧に解説していただき、ありがとうございました! 参考になりました。 また、機会がありましたらお願い致します。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#32880
noname#32880
回答No.4

勉強のため、参加してみました。 by+無冠詞名詞で、~に関しては、~については 前半も、後半も倒置であろうと判断しました。 we refer to A by B => by B we refer to A we define A as B => A we define as B 前半も、後半も倒置であろうと判断しました。 個別変化については、一人の話し手における、ある言語における、ある自発的変化であると述べられるように、 コミュニティ変化については、ある言語コミュニティにおける、人々の間で交わされる、伝達と最終的な共有による変化と定義付ける事が可能であろう。

suika19850
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! また、機会がありましたらお願い致します。

• ngyyss
  • ベストアンサー率35% (76/213)
回答No.2

こんにちは。 >>By individual change we refer to a spontaneous change in a language on the part of a single speaker. 「ある一人の喋り手の言葉の自然な変化を個々の(言語)変化と言います」 >>Community change we may define as the transmission and ultimate sharing of changes among speakers in a linguistic community. 「ある(同じ言語を話す)コミュニティーの中での伝達や究極的な共有言語の変化をもって「コミュニティー(言語)変化と定義するのかもしれない」 という意訳になると思うのですが、2番目の文が完全な文章になっていないところが読みにくい原因ではないでしょうか? これは、OSVと倒置になっている( We may define community change as~)とも考えられますし、we may define~以降がCommunity changeを修飾しているフレーズにも捉えられます。 前者の解釈ですと、訳はすんなりできますが、なんとなく違和感がありますね。 後者の場合、refer toの省略(繰り返しを嫌う)という考えもできます。 現地メディアでは、結構、文章が完結していないのに、こういうように、フレーズで文書が終わることも多々あり、このケースはどちらが適当か判断できませんが、特に後者のような考えはちょっと現地で英語に接するもしくは実際に使わないと抵抗がある文章だと思いますよ。

suika19850
質問者

お礼

お返事が遅れてしまい、申し訳ありません(>_<) 私は日本にいるのですが、もっと頻繁にこういう文章を読み、 頭を柔軟にする必要がありますよね。 ありがとうございます。 また、機会がありましたらお願い致します。

• kayruby
  • ベストアンサー率68% (201/295)
回答No.1

はじめまして。 とりあえず訳してみます。 「個別的変化とはある言葉における使用者一人による自発的変更を指す。 共同体的変化とはある言語的共同体における複数の使用者が(言語の)変化が伝わり最終的に共有することを指すことがある」 individual change や community change などについては定義づけをしていることから言語学的な用語である可能性があり、日本語でも同種の研究者によって訳が決められていることがあります。わたし自身はこの用語を知らないので、上の文ではあくまで仮の訳をつけています。 さて、最初の文は、ある言語を使う一人の人間がなんらかのバリエーションを作り出すことがあって、それをindividual changeという、ということです。それは個人にとどまることもあるし、周りに広まることもありますね。 次の文は、そういった個人レベルの言語の変化がその言語を使う人々の間に広まって最終的にその人たちがその変化を共有する、つまり普及することをcommunity changeと定義することがある、という文です。 いつからかはわからないけれど、日本語を話すだれかが本来の文法にない用法、たとえば「それ全然いいよ~」を言い始めるのがindividual changeで、いつしかそれが広まって多くの日本語使用者が「全然いけてるよ~」と言い始めるのがcommunity change、ということですね。例が古すぎて「ええと、それもともとそうなんじゃないの、どこが変化なの」とお思いになるようならすいません。もともと「全然」は打消し(否定)の文につく副詞です。ここ10年くらいで肯定文につけて強調する用法が定着しています。 参考になれば何よりです。わかりにくかったらお知らせください。

suika19850
質問者

お礼

お返事が遅れてしまい、申し訳ありません(>_<) とても参考になりました!ありがとうございます。 また、機会がありましたらお願い致します。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします。

訂正・見本をお願いします。 自分なりにやってみましたが微妙です。。 You may think it's obvious that "terro" is a bastardization of English, but consider whether some of the other katakana words which you use everyday in Japanese are real English. ・あなたは明らかにterroが英語の変形としてできたものと思っているかもしれないが、他のカタカナ語はあなたが毎日使っている日本語は、本当の英語なのです。 "Skinship" is something we hear that is very important between mother and child, and Japanese speakers understand that it means physical contact. ・私たちが聞く「スキンシップ」は、母と子供の間ではとても重要で、そして日本人の話者はそれが肉体的接触と理解する。 But to native English speakers it has a rather insalubrious ring, it sounds like something which probably happens in a katakana place, a "pink saron." ・しかし、母国英語話者ではむしろ不健全な響きなのである。それはピンクサロンのような響きです。 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳

それぞれ異なる話題の英文です。 All languages change all the time. It is not very well understood why this is the case, but it's a universal characteristic of human language. The only languages that don't change are those like Latin, which nobody speaks. Languages change their pronunciations through time. Five hundred years ago, all English speakers pronounced k in know ー now nobody does. Grammatical structures also change. English speakers used to say, Saw you my son? Now people say, Did you see my son? But the most obvious way in which languages change is in the usage and meaning of words. こちらは、英文自体の意味は多少分かるのですが、内容を考えると、この文が何を言っているのかいまいち良く分かりません。 (1) Culture is the knowledge we pass on from one to anotherーour speech, belief, customs, ways of doing thingsーanything that isn't wholly instinctive. (2) We are born relatively underdeveloped as compared with other mammals, and we require a long period both of physical dependence on adult caretakers and of learning survival skills that are appropriate to the context in which we live. (3) Human survival has depended on nur passing on not only ways of doing things that are useful in our immediate environment but also ways of thinking about what we do that are transferable to other settings. (4) 以下の文が(1)~(4)のいづれかに入ります。 ・Learning is intimately bound up with human culture. ・The story of human learning is, then, a story of the individual learning to survive within a culture.

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、並び替えや空欄があります。(A)にはsaying,linguistic,way,somethingが、(B)にはwhich,what,how,whereのどれかが入ります。お願い致します。 Human beings learn to communicate with each other through nonlinguistic means as well as linguistic ones. All of us are familiar with the saying, “It wasn´t what he said ; It was the way that he said it”when, by using the word (A), we mean something about the particular voice quality that was in evidence, or the sat of a shoulder, or the obvious tension in certain muscles. A message may even be contradicted by the accompanying tone and gestures, so that each of “I´m ready,”“You´re beautiful,”and“I don´t know where he is”can mean the opposite of any literal interpretation.  Often we experience difficulty in pinpointing exactly (B) in the communication causes the change of meaning, and any statement we make as to the sources of the discrepancy between the literal meaning of the words and the total message communicated is likely to be expressed in extremely impressionistic terms. It is likely to refer to something like a sparkle in a person´s eye, or a “threatening”gesture, or an “insulting”manner.  We are likely to make similar impressionistic statements about communication between members of different cultures. Sometimes we remark that Frenchmen “talk with their hands,”Japanese “smile”on inappropriate occasions, and American Indians are “stone-faced.”As a result, (tend,people,we,stereotype,to,who) come from other linguistic and cultural backgrounds on the basis of impressions about their language, gestures, customary movements, and uses of space. 以上です。

• 英文和訳

非常に長い文章ですが、お付き合い頂けたら幸いです。 I have worked on a , b , c, d, in each case on one or more trip away from home. 【But all the hours on all these trips put together would constitute only a small percentage of my total hours spent doing fieldwork on days when I spent the night in my own bed. 】Most of my field date had been gathered from native speakers with whom I met during classes at UCLA , in my office, or in their homes a few hours' drive from Los Angels. 中略 【An important worry for linguists contemplating working with a displaced speaker is whether that person still commands his or her language as well as someone with the support of a whole community.】This is a valid concern -- anyone can forget his or her language with no practice of stimulation. But any minority language speakers--as almost all speakers of American Indian language are these days-- are in danger of not using their language enough. 【】で括った箇所の訳文を作りたいのですが… それぞれよくわからない部分があります… 試訳 1 直訳 しかし、前述したような旅にかけた時間をひとまとめにした総時間は、私が夜、ベッドの中で過ごし行ってきたフィールドワークにかけた総時間の中では、ほんの些細なものでしか無い。 1 (意訳紛い) しかし、旅に費やした時間を合計しても、私が夜、ベッドの中で過ごし、日々行っていたフィールドワークに費やした時間の合計の中では、些細なものであろう。 試訳2(直訳) 分離された話者と共に作業しようと意図する多くの研究者に対して、大きな懸念は、共同体全体を支える人物がいるのかどうかと同様に、その人物が未だ彼/彼女の言語を上手く使えるのかどうかという事である。 試訳2 (意訳紛い) 元々の土地から離れた話者と伴に研究を行おうと考えている研究者の多くに対し、重大な懸念がある。その話者が、ある人間に共同体全体を維持するために尽力させることができるかどうか、同様に、その話者自身が自分の言語を未だ自由闊達に操れるどうかというものである。 どなたか和訳を見てのコメント、また、一文を抜いてきてとなってしまっているので、難しいとは思いますが、出来れば試訳して、解説していただけないでしょうか… 長文失礼しました。 補足ですが、前文a.b.c.dの箇所には地名が入ります。

• Eitherについてお尋ねします。

以下の英文についてご教授お願いいたします。 (どちらか一方) 1If we get marrid in Japan, either of us must change the famiy name to the other's under the civil law. 2If we get marrid in Japan, we must change either of our famiy names to the other's under the civil law. 1及び2について、文法的に文意をなすのか、Japanese pepopleを主語にしたとして、either of them must change his or her(their) family names to the other'sとしても両方の名前が変わるわけではなく、family names(複数でも)一方に変わるとの文意に誤解を生じないでしょうか?若しくはone of usにした方が良いのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 「~の変化」は change in ~? change of ~?

「~の変化」を表現したくて change を辞書で引くと ・change in ~ ・change of ~ の二つが出ています。これらの使い分けがよく分かりません。 辞書によると the change of life (女性の)更年 a change of seasons 陽気の変わり目 the ~ of voice (思春期の)声変わり a change in the weather 天候の変化 a change in working hours 就業時間の変更 となっています。 (1) これらはそれぞれ of, in のどちらでも良いということでしょうか? (2) それとも、個々の状況について of, in の使い分けを丸暗記しないといけないのでしょうか? (3) 覚えなくても、of, in の使い分けに何か違いがあるのでしょうか?

• 至急日本語訳にお願いしたいのですが・・・

至急日本語訳お願いしたいのですが・・・長文ですみません。翻訳ツールは使わずにお願いします。 長文ですみません。よろしくお願いします。 This rather simple example illustrates the way in which information on the language use of different age groups may reveal the direction of linguistic change in a community.A great deal of linguistic variation is stable but some is an indication of linguistic change in progress.The patterns of deletion of the regular past tense affix(-ed) are stable in English-speaking communities.In Norwich,as elsewhere,the forms[in]vs[iŋ],and[h]-dropping,discussed in chapter 6,are also examples of stable variants.The patterns noted for different groups in the community have not changed over the last 50 or 60 years.The substitution of a glottal stop for [t] in certain positions,on the other hand,is increasing in Norwich.The use of [d] for the initial sound in then and than is an example of stable variation in New York.There is no evidence that the vernacular pronunciation with [d] is increasing.The challenge is to identify the clues which make it possible to predict which current variation will result in change and which won't.

• 和訳

World conditions are constantly changing, and attitudes must change with them. If they do not, catastrophe is bound to follow. The attitude that is now most in need of change is the way we view the relationship of ourselves and our countries to other lands. Not long ago it was impossible to see ourselves simply as citizens of one country and we regarded all other nations as potential enemies or at least hostile rivals. Such attitudes are dangerously out of date in a world in which the weapons of military destruction have become so terrible that their full use would destroy civilization and international economic relations have become so complex and interdependent that no country can stand alone. We must see ourselves as citizens of a world community of nations which cooperate with one another for their common good. For Japan, which has become one of the economic giants of the world, these new attitudes have to include a willingness to play a much larger role in world affairs than it has in the past. This is the true meaning of internationalization and world citizenship. 特に難しい語は無かったのですが、長い文が続いたので、上手く訳し難かったです。“Such attitudes~”と“For Japan~”の箇所です。スラッシュリーディングをしてみましたが、自然な日本語として訳すのが少し難しいです。 文中に出てくる代名詞が何を指しているかも含めて訳例をお願い出来ますでしょうか。

• 和訳をお願いいたします!!!

We may find ourselves more susceptible to illness and injury and a bit stiff in the mornings. And maybe we're beginning to scale back on some of our dreams and ambitiouns, or rethinking them as carrer opportunities shift in an increasingly uncertain and rapidly changing world. Our children are growing up and beginning to leave home. For women, menopause represents an unmistakable marker of physical and emotional change. Those of us in our striking lige changes as we adjust our life goals stiff further, as we retire, adn, unfortunately, as our friends and relatives begin to pass away.

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

For regions where |b_i~|≦5.7, we have the same pattern in ⊿b~ and ⊿e~ as those for the case e_i~=0; i.e., they jump discontinuously by a bit change of δ* (see Fig.8). In the same manner as described for e_i~=0 we have tried to decompose up these discontinuous bands. Unfortunately we cannot succeed either in the complete decomposition, because there seems to exist an infinite series of the fine structure. But contributions of the fine structure to the average values, such as <⊿b~> and <⊿e~> are found to be negligible too. In Figs.9 (a) and (b) the average values of <⊿b~> and <⊿e~> are illustrated as a function of b_i~, where <⊿b~> and <⊿e~> are defined as <⊿b~>=(1/2π)∫⊿b~dδ* (3.8) and <⊿e~>=(1/2π)∫⊿e~dδ*, (3.9) respectively. Fig.8. Some discontinuous bands of the change of the impact parameter for continuous variation of δ* with b_i~=3.0 and with e_i~4. Fig.9. (a) The change of the impact parameter, <⊿b~> and (b) the change of the eccentricity, <⊿e~> averaged over the parameter δ* for various values of b_i~ between -10 and 10 with e_i~=4. http://www.fastpic.jp/images.php?file=2049108297.jpg ↑Fig.8. http://www.fastpic.jp/images.php?file=5493230572.jpg7 ↑Fig.9. (a) and (b) 長文ですが、よろしくお願いします。