Are Cell-Phone Calls on Public Transportation Considered Bad Manners? -Opinions-

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In public places like trains and buses, it is considered bad manners to make or take phone calls. It is important to be quiet and respectful in these spaces.
  • The first priority in raising children should be teaching them manners. Lately, parents have been neglecting to discipline their children, resulting in a lack of manners. Children without manners often face difficulties.
  • Manners are crucial when it comes to public behavior. Making or receiving phone calls on public transportation, such as trains or buses, is seen as impolite. It is essential to prioritize quietness and respect in these environments.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削お願いします

次の質問に対する答えを書きました。文法や英語の表現の間違い、文のつながりの悪さなどありましたらご指摘お願いします。 Q1 These days, talking on a cell-phone on a train or bus is considered to be bad manners. What's your opinion? Answer: We shouldn't make and take a call in public places such as on a train and bus. I believe we'd better be as quiet as possible in that places. 「電車やバスの中のような公共の場所では電話をかけたり出たりするべきではない。そのような場所ではできるだけ静かにするべきだと思います。」 Q2 What do you think is the first priority in rasing children? Answer: I think we must help children acquire manners. Recently parents haven't tell chidren off, so they have no manners. I feel chidren without manners tend to have troubles. 「子ども達にマナーを身につけさせなければならないと思います。最近親は子どもを叱らないため、子ども達はマナーを知りません。マナーのない子どもは問題を起こしがちだと思います。」 よろしくお願いします。

noname#76457
noname#76457
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

はじめまして。 先ず Q 1 につきまして、 take a call は、英辞郎によると、 take a call (舞台上{ぶたい じょう}の役者{やくしゃ}が観衆{かんしゅう}の)喝さいに答える ・ All the cast members were in line on the stage to take a call. 出演者は全員舞台に並んで、喝さいに答えた。 All the cast members were in line on the stage to take a call. 出演者は全員舞台に並んで、喝さいに答えた。  という意味ですので、answer a call の方が良いでしょう。次に、  on a train and bus は、問題文に on a train or bus と有りますから、問題文の方が自然でしょう。  また in that places → in those places の方がつじつまが合いますよね。  次に Q 2 について、  parents haven't tell chidren off, so they have no manners  は、parents do not discipline their cchildren enough to be well-mannered.  ではいかがでしょう。「叱らない」は、現在の一般論ですから、完了形はおかしいと思います。  また have troubles は、「他からトラブルを被る」というニュアンスで、変ですから、cause troubles の方がより適切だと思います。  以上ですがいかがでしょう?

noname#76457
質問者

お礼

詳しい解説つきのご回答ありがとうございます。一つ一つ納得しました。正しい英文を作るのは難しいです。。。

その他の回答 (1)

• pottakun
  • ベストアンサー率9% (3/31)
回答No.1

Q2で、withoutではなくwho have noとかのほうがよいのでは?学生なので自信があるとはいえませんが。

noname#76457
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 添削お願いします

次の質問に対する答えを書きました。文法や英語の表現の間違い、文のつながりの悪さなどありましたらご指摘お願いします。 Q1: What do you think about the man’s way of apologizing? (彼女が目の前にいるのにメールで謝るやり方) Answer: I think it’s a good way because we sometimes have a thing we can’t say face to face in spite of wanting to. 「それはいいやり方だと思います。何故なら時々面と向かって言いたいけど言えないことがあるからです。」 Q2: Some people say that cell-phones are indispensable to our lives these days. Do you agree? Answer: Exactly. We, especially young people, keep in touch on each other by cell-phone. If not for cell-phones, we couldn’t communicate with our friends. We would feel alone. I think cell-phones are a very important item. 「全くそのとおりです。特に若い人たちは携帯で連絡を取り合っています。もし携帯がなかったら、友達とコミュニケーションがとれないし、寂しく感じます。携帯は重要な道具です。」 Q3: What do you think about people who stay in a restaurant or a coffee shop for long time. Answer: I don’t think it’s a bad thing because we use a restaurant or a coffee shop to talk with our friends, sometimes to have a small meeting. Those places are necessary, where we can communicate. 「悪いことではないと思います。何故ならレストランやコーヒーショップは友達と話したり、時々小さな会議をもったりするのに使われます。コミュニケーションが取れるような場所は必要です。」 つたない英文、よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文添削お願いします 3

英作文の添削をお願いします また、英文が英語のロジック(論理)にあっているかや、間違いについて、なぜ間違えなのかを教えていただければ嬉しいです。 昔は同じ町内に怖い大人が必ずいて、子どもが人 として恥ずかしいことをすると、いつも本気に なって説教してくれたものである。そこには、子 どもを地域社会全体で育てるのだという強い意識 が存在していたのだと思う。そんな雰囲気のおか げで、子供も自分は社会の一員であるという自覚 をはぐくんでいくことができた。 [京都] There used to be a few strict adults in a town. When children did something immoral, they always scolded children in earnest. I think the adults had common thoughts that they have to bring up children in the town. Owing to their efforts, the children learned to think of themselves as members of the community.

• ☆★京大英作文添削お願いします★☆(3)

'10年京大前期の英作文の問題の添削をお願いします。 問題は画像で添付いたしましたので、そちらを参照ください。 I was pleased with a trip by train when I was a child. I felt excited just to ride on trains for many hours in visiting my grandparents during my summer vacation. Now, I do not feel as excited at seeing a long-distance train as I did in childhood. However, I clearly remember that various trains come and go for many parts of Japan on the platforms at the great station; I sometimes think of my special excitement that I felt when a train departs.

• 中学英語の添削をお願いします。

次の各組の英文がほぼ同じ内容になるように〔 〕に適する語を書きなさい (1)A:If you go at once, you will catch the bus. B:〔 Go 〕at once, 〔 then  〕you will catch the bus. (2)A:I got up very early, and I could catch the first train.  B:I got up 〔  〕early 〔  〕I could catch the first train. as early as で合っていますか?でもなんだか訳がしっくりきません。  〔  〕から適する語を選びなさい。 (1)Can you answer the questions? No,they are so difficult ( which that but or 〕 I can't answer them. 答は、but で合っていますか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

子供は好奇心のかたまりだ。それが多くの動物の場合、成熟すると幼いときほどには 好奇心を示さなくなるらしい。ところが、人間は年をとっても、さまざまなことに対する 興味を持ち続けることができる。してみると、人間はいつまでも子供でいられという 特権を享受する幸福な種族であるのかもしれない。 Figuratively speaking, children are interest itself. However, it seems that almost all adult animals have not so much interest as young have. In contrast with them, we can continue to have interest in various things even if we become old enough. Considering this, we may be fortunate species that enjoy the priviledge to forever have fresh mind as children have. 最初の一文から手がとまりました、問題はないでしょうか?

• 英文の添削をお願いします。 A society

I’d say the government should deduct income tax and residential taxes from households that have two children in order to Put effective breaks on the birthrate problem. If it dose , they will be given more opportunities to have babies than before with less financial problem .And as to the second problem, we have to change the current situation in which the elderly are seen as a social burden in Japan and make the best use of them with respect and care as a precious grope of society. Personally I suggest a practical idea that we ask them to take care of children on the waiting list in their free times,which I think could bring about a social benefit to Japan. I ‘m sure the idea proposed among our communities will more or less make a meaningful difference on the issue.

• 【至急】英語 教えて下さい

[1](1)もっと時間があったら、安くてすむ高速バスで行ったのだが。 ( had / had / I / if / more time ), I would have taken a cheap highway bus. (2)雪が降っていなかったら、電車は時間通りに運行していただろう。 If it had not snowed, ( come / have / on time / the train / would ). (3)もう1時間寝ていられればなぁ。 ( could / I / I / in had / stay / wish ) for another hour. (4)彼は列車の時刻表のことなら何でも知っているという口ぶりだ。 He talks ( as / everything / he / if / knew ) about the train timetable. [2](1)私があなたなら、次の電車に間に合うように駅まで走るだろう。 If I were you, _______ to catch the next train. (2)彼のアドバイスがなかったら、私たちは間違ったバスに乗っていただろう。 _______, we would have taken the wrong bus. (3)学校が駅からもっと近ければなぁ。 I wish _______. (4)最終バスに間に合っていたら、家まで歩かずにすんでいただろう。 If I had caught the last bus, _______. よろしくお願い致します。

• 添削お願いします

次の4コマの内容を英語にしました。文法や英語の表現、文の流れなどおかしな点がありましたらご指摘よろしくお願いします。最初の1文は提示されたものです。 「(1)2人の子どもが走りながら電車に乗ってくる。母親は気にしていない様子。(2)電車の中でも座らずに騒いでいる。乗客は嫌な顔をしている。母親は話に夢中。(3)おじいさんがQuiet!と言う。(4)子どもは静かになり、母親は恐縮している。」 One day, the children got on a train with their mothers. The children ran into the train, however their mothers didn't care about the children's behavior. The children were so cheerful that they couldn't be seating on the train. The passengers felt they were noisy. On the other hand their mothers were occupied in talking each other. Suddenly, an old man next to their mothers said to the children, "Quiet!" They got very surprised. They at last stopped making a noise and their mothers stopped talking. There was peace returning on the train. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文についての質問(添削)

私は〇〇授業で、NYのXX(会場の名前)での発表に参加しました。 授業ではもちろん、それ以外でも練習を重ね、XXでとても良いパフォーマンスができたと思います。 I participated recital in XX, NY of 〇〇 class. We practiced in class as well outside the class, I think that we got a very good performance in XX. こちらの英文でいいでしょうか? 添削をしてほしいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

大学の二次試験で自由英作文があるのですがなかなかうまく行きません。添削をお願い致します。 テーマは、[携帯電話についてどう思うか]です。 In my opinion, cell phone was enabie us to do many things.Take an example.we can contact other people immediatly when we are late for appointmennt.And we can use it whereever we are.we need not find a public phone.In addition to, we can contact someone I want to talk wherever the person is.But contraryto their good sides,we have bad sides,too.For example,we often see someone calling on train or bus.And we often catch a phone at midnight suddenly.It is very rode and they think nothing but their conveniences.we understand such bose sides and should consider apt time and appropriate place when we use cell phone. 間違いが多いとは思いますが、どうかお願いします。