• ベストアンサー

英訳が分かりません;

(1)私はフィラデルフィアについたら、そこで飛行機に乗り換えて、その人に会いに行くことになっていたのですが。(supposeを使って) Suppose I got to Pfiladelphia, I would change planes and go to see the person. (2)時々寝坊して朝食をとる時間がありません。食べるのは週に2,3回です。 I sometimes oversleep, so I have no time to have breakfast. I have it a few times a week. (3)テレビの最大の特色は非常に多くの人に対して、同時に、同じ情報を伝えることが可能であるという点にある。 The greatest characteristic of TV is ~~~   (この後の「という点にある」というのが分かりません;) (4)人生ははなはだ不平等である。百の歳を保つ人もいれば、人生半ばで癌で逝く人もある。(only halfway through one's lifeを使って) The life is very unfair. Some keep one hundred years old , while others die of cancer in only halfway through their lives. 添削お願いします(>_<)

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

受験生ですか? 受験英作文だと、なるべく日本文に忠実(?)なほうがリスクが少ないでしょうから、その観点を中心にして以下: (1) 「~することになっていた」をsupposeを使ってとは、be supposed to を使うということです。頭にSuppose(Supposing)を持ってくるときは、仮定法になります(Supposing you have one million yen, what would you do? みたいに)。 よって、 I was supposed to go to Philadelphia by air, change planes there and go to see the person. くらいが標準でしょう。 他には ... to fly to P, change planes there and go on to ... など。なお、be supposed to はよく使われます。 例、 he is supposed to be back by now. You are supposed to do it first. The plan is supposed to be prepared by Jaunary 15. (2) 貴英文で受験英作文(?)としては合格点(可)でしょう。が、朝寝坊したときだけが朝食取れないのですから、論理的に書くと I sometimes oversleep. When I do, I don't (cannot) have time to have breakfast. または、When I oversleep, I ... (これでは「時々・・・」のニュアンスでませんが、例として)。第二文は、I eat breakfast a few times a week. 尚、参考までに、少なくとも米国人は2-3以上のニュアンス(severalに近い)でも a few を使うみたいです(何度も聞きました)。よって「2-3」だと、 a couple of がいいでしょう(が、受験では、2-3は a few, 4,5,6くらいがseveralとしておいたほうが無難でしょう)。 breakfastはhave, take, eatでも(eatはわれわれにはなじまない語(?)ですが、米国人との交わり等でよく聞きました(確認もしました)。が、受験にはやめておいたほうがいいかもしれません。 (3) 「~という点にある」という日本語に引きずられる必要ありません(全体で言おうとしているメッセージを訳出)。 受験(こだわってますが)だと、「伝える」や「可能」を訳出したほうが採点者には受けがいい(?)かもしれないので、 ... is that it is capable of trasmitting the same information to a great many people at the same time. (... can transmit the same ...)  また、「伝える」は「供給する」ということですから、... that it provides (can provide) a great many people with the same information at the same time. provide 誰々 with 物・事, ないし、provide 物・事 for 誰々。 (4) The life の The は取ります。「人生なるもの」の感じ。他に、Life is not fair at all. Life itself never be fair. 「百の歳を保つ」とは「生きる」ということですから、Some live (to be )100 years (or more). others はよくないですね。「ガンで亡くなる人もいる」ですから、some die from cancer only halfway through their lives. まとめて、 Life is not fair at all. Some live 100 years (or more), and some die of cancer only halfway through their lives. なお、このような意味合いで keep ... years はないです。 英作文では、(1)日本語に引きずられないようにし、(2)その問題文のいわんとするところを考え、(3)知っている表現を使い、(4)基本的なミスをしない(時制、単数・複数など)をようにしたら言いかと思います。 がんばってください。

その他の回答 (4)

回答No.5

No.4 です。 受験生の方でしょうから、より正確を期し、訂正・追記します。Suppose についてです。 Supposing you had one million yen, .... (have → had) また、「仮定法」というのでなく「条件を導く接続詞」とかいう(?)使用法で、 Suppose you have one million yen, what will you do?という使い方もありますね。 いすれにせよ、この問題文ではbe supposed to。ついでに「~することになっていた」に近いほかの言い方としては、be scheduled to 動詞、be to 動詞(I was to go to ...)、 plan to (I (originally/first) planned to ...) My (original) plan was to ... などがあります。

noname#24040
noname#24040
回答No.3

参考です。 (4) Life is not equal. Somebody lives 100 years, somebody doesn't 'cause diseases like cancer. Life is not equal. Somebody lives 100 years, somebody is dead in the middle of life, 'cause diseases like cancer.

• asuka-h
  • ベストアンサー率21% (15/71)
回答No.2

(1)はすでに回答されているので。 (2) have breakfast -> take breakfastの方が良いかと (3) is that~~と続ければよいのでは。 (4) 「百の歳を保つ」は「百歳以上まで生きる」という意味なので"live longer than one hundred years"とか"are over one hundred years old"とか。(keepという言い方があるのかどうか、ちょっと不勉強です) "while others"だと「それ以外の人たちは皆」になるので、"some"と合わせる。"only halfway~"の前の"in"は不要。 こんなところでしょうか。

noname#58274
noname#58274
回答No.1

I was supposed to take the flight and go to meet him when I arrive in Pfiladelphia. ※その人は、性別不明という前提なら、the personで仕方ないかな。

関連するQ&A

• 英語

次の文の、sustain, consciousness, immnse,inferiority, cultivatedの意味を教えてください。 The only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of the immense inferiority everybody else, and this is a feeling that I have always cultivated.

• oneについて:The only strategy I have pe

oneについて:The only strategy I have perfected in life is one to keep my belly full, but even I knew that San Spirito was where the city was at its most vulnerable, with Cardinal Armellini's vineyards reaching to the battlements and a farmhouse built up and into the very stones of the wall itself. (出典: IN THE COMPANY of the COURTESAN 著者:Sarah Dunant 出版:Random House ページ数:5) こんにちは、いつもお世話になります。 上記の文は初めのコンマまで読んでいただけたら結構です。 oneの役割が「人」、または「その他oneの意味」のどれなのでしょうか? また、「oneなし」の方がスッキリしているように感じますが「one無し」でも良いのですよね? 初めのコンマまでの文構造を教えていただけますか? -------------------------------------------------------------------- 質問者の考え(1):A(主語) is B(名詞句)と考えて 「The only strategy I have perfected in life」(主語) is 「to keep my belly full」(名詞句) (試訳:私が人生で完全なものとしてきた唯一の方略は、腹を満たすことです。) 「ONE無し」で丁度良い気がします。  質問者の考え(2)もしoneは「だた1つ」だったら定冠詞theが必要ですから「人」の意味と考えると、 The only strategy I have perfected in life is one should keep my belly full, (試訳:私が人生で完全なものとしてきた唯一の方針は、人は腹を満たせねばならないと言うことです。) とtoじゃなくてshouldだったら分る気がします? 兎に角このoneが何故あるのか、「one」と「to~(名詞句)」のつながりが今一分りません。 よろしくお願い致します。 -------------------------------------------------------------- 以下、必要ないかも知れませんが、文の背景です。 1527年カトリックの権威もルターの反乱と共に地に落ち、ローマの地位もその磐石とした地位から落ち、 ローマの城壁の前には敵兵が押し寄せてきいた。 主人公は、聖職者に何処に逃げればよいのか聞くと、San Spiritoが安全だと助言される。

• 和訳をしてくだし。

The theory of wich I have here attempted to give the general outline differs from the old-fashioned one in this, that it suppose what is personal or selfish to be the growth of time and habit お願いします。

• 英訳

こんばんは。英語の初心者です。わかりやすく解説頂けますと助かります。宜しくお願いします。 The only problem is that they have no one to take over their farm. 唯一の問題は後継者がいないことです。 という内容の解説がされています。 どどれがひとかたまりのフレーズなのか わかりません。 色々しらべたのですが 理解できませんでした。 唯一の問題は……まではわかりますが 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳をおねがいします。

It is salutary to realize the fundamental isolation of the individual mind. We have no certain knowledge of any consciousness but our own. We can only know the world through our own personality. Because the behaviour of others is similar to our own, we suppose that they are like us; it is a shock to discover that they are not. As i grow older I am more and more amazed to discover how great are the differences between one man and another. I am not far from believing that everyone is unique.

• 英訳です。教えてください。

The small star-shaped glia cells are scattered among the neurons more or less in the same manner throughout the nervous system; if one were to look only at them, forgetting the nerve cells, a much more uniform description of the different parts of the nervous system would be obtained than one based on a description of the neurons. If the aim is to relate different structures to different tasks, one is certainly better off concentrating on the neurons.

• 英訳お願いいたします。

The love of a family is life's greatest blessing を訳すると 「家族の愛は人生の偉大な祝福」 であっていますでしょうか? それとももっと適切な訳がありますでしょうか? 教えてください

• ざっくりと和訳してください。

I've just get the razor and very dissapointed!The width of the razor is not as described 20mm or 6/8" it is ONLY 18mm or 5/8".Please exchenge for 20mm(6/8")if you have one in the similar condition or I WOULD LIKE TO RETURN THE RAZOR FOR A FULL CREDIT !

• 英訳(´・ω・`)

ある外国の方からメールをいただきましたが、読めません、英訳してください(´;ω;`) hi,my name is aditya surya,i am male,single& my activity is as a talent builder of rock guitarist,i like havin' coffee so much,i allow my self cup~cup of black vietnam coffee every day,ha,ha...really i wanna send my message through my mobile phone but you mind,but it's ok&anyway...hmm...really i wanna go to japan but i am really confused to where i have got to go...hmm & i wanna be able to speak japanesse..would you like to teach me??hmmm..just kidding,,,ok thants a lot..i hope you're willing to reply this one..bye see you

• 英訳お願いします。

Which came first, cars or roads? Today, we seem to have a vicious circle. As soon as new roads are built by our governments, they are filled with cars, so that more roads must be constructed. This race between roads and cars seems destined to go on for ever, unless the wasteful use of oil for cars is banned by some international agreement. Unfortunately, however, the chances of our reaching such an agreement are very slim indeed. Historically, the Romans were the first to bring their roads with them. Given the conditions I which they had to travel, it is a wonder that the Romans travelled at all. You can certainly sympathize with their occasional desire to stop at a fort or two. The Romans forts were, indeed, the first service stations. The Roman roads were an act of faith: namely, sooner or later there would be a point reach. The Romans would certainly have sympathized with the builders of the Humber Bridge who were accused (and still are) of building a bridge to nowhere. However, at least with a bridge you know when you have got there, no matter how pointless getting to the order bank seems to be. But with a road where do you stop? It all seems fairly arbitrary. This was probably the real reason for the expansion of the Roman Empireーthe road builders simply did not know where to halt. Had the Romans thought about it, the fall of their empire could have been avoided. The problem was the trouble-free maintenance of their roads. A few obstacles placed along the roads leading to the capital would have stopped the invaders. It is one of the ironies of history that their talent for good maintenance of roads led the Romans to their own destruction. Every time I baked or cooked anything, Daddy was going to have his life insured. I tried to feed them to the dog but he refused to ruin his health.