• ベストアンサー

spoilについて

noname#118466の回答

noname#118466
noname#118466
回答No.2

The childと対象となる子供が限定されているのでこの文章だけで「だだっこ」という訳が不適切かどうか議論しても意味がありません。全体の流れで訳文を見る必要があります。その文章(本)がどのような読者を想定しているのかによっても訳語は変わってきます(語学系の学生、子供、一般の大人、など)この文章の前後で、どの程度のだだっこかを述べていれば何ら違和感はないと思います。私はこの訳文ではむしろ「かなり、rather」が気になります。どの程度のだだっこぶりなら日本語でかなりといえるのか・・でも適訳かもしれません。これだけの文章ではわかりません。翻訳は辞書の意味とその国民がその言葉から受けるニュアンスの差まで顧慮する必要があります。例えば「かなり貧しかった」という文章では、国によって貧しさのイメージが大きく違ってきます。貧しかったから家が買えなかった、車は一台しかなかった、三食を満足に食べていなかった・・・

jiro_02
質問者

お礼

martinbuhoさんこんにちは。自分の浅はかさを思い知りました。訳文を見る態度が間違っていました。前後の流れをまったく考えていませんでした。これは辞書の例文なので前後に目を飛ばすことはできないのですが、もしあったらそれも含めて言葉の意味をつかむようにしたいです。どうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• about withの使い方について

He carried his own low temperature always about with him; he iced his office in the dogdays; and didn't thaw it one degree at Christmas. この中にabout withが使われていますが、何故withが入るのかが分かりません よろしくお願いします

• この訳の違いってなぜ・・・??

高3の男です It’s nice for child can have a room of his own. と It’s nice for child can have a room of his. の二つなんですけどー上が「子供が自分の部屋を持てればそれはいい事です」なのに下の文だと「子供が自分のいくつもの部屋のうち一部屋を持てればそれはいい事です」 になるんでしょうか??? 「子供の一部屋」ならa room of his でもいいような気がするんですけど???

• 添削お願いします。:自分自身の解釈

また、お邪魔します。 添削お願いします。 彼の言葉を自分勝手な意味に取らないように心がけてます。 I always try not to take his words as in my way of understanding. 彼はその言葉を自分自身の解釈をして不機嫌になったようだ。 He seemed to get annoyed because he interpreted the word in his own way.

• VOAの記事より

英語やり直し組です she says there are powerful voices in the U.S. government who want to hang on to General Musharraf. But, she adds, there is also a growing realization in other quarters that General Musharraf's actions have made him a liability for the United States. (1)後半that以下がよくわからないです。 「ムシャラフ大統領の行動は彼をアメリカの責任にする?」 このhimはムシャラフ自信を指していると思うのですがそれだと意味がわからないです。。。どういう意味なのでしょうか? I think the problem we have in Washington is that we have always settled for the short-term strategic partnership rather than the long-term 'let's build a better Pakistan that is able to be a more stable, functioning place in the world, (2)let'sの前の'は何なのでしょうか? 全くわからなかったので私はletの前で一回切りandのように考えたのですが何か意味があるのでしょうか? 調べようと思ってもどうやって調べるかがわからなかったです。。。 お願いします。

• 自由英作の添削をお願いします

もう前期試験まで一週間もないのですが、心残りなので時間がある時にでもお願いします。 阪大の2008年度の自由英作文の問題です。 Is a lie always bad? Why or why not? Answer in English in around 70 words. I don't think a lie is always bad. Because a man is happy by a lie in some cases. For example, a man was suffer from a cancer. He was getting weaken. When he asked his doctor about his cancer's situation, however, his doctor answered he was getting recovering. Of course, what his doctor said is a lie, but he was happy. A lie made him happy. よろしくお願いします。

• 選択肢の問題

初歩的な質問かもしれませんが 慶応の問題で It' nice if a child can have[ ] 1 a room of himself 2 a room of his own 3 his only room 4 a room of his で正解は2ですが、4は解説があったからともかく 1と3はどの部分でよくないでしょう?

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

日本語に翻訳していただけないでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします! In your chart you have planets descending but not on the rising axis. Your marriage axis is like a balance between the urge to put yourself first to be free and independent, and your need for a close relationship. Because the planets fall heavily in the seventh house, house of the partner. You most want love not freedom. You will tend to submit to him or make sacrifices for him. Always putting him or the relationship and his needs first before your own. This doesn't mean an unhappy relationship. Only that his needs will come to dominate things, either consciously or subconsciously and most of the time he will be the one to get his own way.

• よろしくお願いします

I've been married for four years. My husband is a good man. He's really good to me, but lately it feels like our marriage is in a rut. We don't have any children, so I feel that some our attention should be focused on "us," but he stays on his computer all day, and when he's not on his computer, he's got his nose in his phone. I'm all about letting him have his "you time," so I let him do his own thing, and I go and do my own things, but I would still like some "us" time every now and again. he's got his nose inはhe's caught up inと同意でしょぅか?あと、I'm all about はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• "in his own right"の意味と日本語訳

下記の英文の "in his own right" というのをどう翻訳したら良いでしょうか。ある本では、「本来持っている権利において」と訳していますが、日本語として意味が良くわかりません。 (原文)"To care for another person is to help him grow and actualize himself. Consider, for example, a father caring for his child. He respects the child as existing in his own right and as striving to grow." (日本語訳)「一人の人格をケアするとは、その人が成長すること、自己実現することをたすけることである。たとえば、我が子をケアする父親を考えてみよう。彼はその子を、その子自身が本来持っている権利において存在するものと認め、成長しようと努力している存在として尊重する。」 よろしくお願いします。

• 接続詞の問題教えてください

接続詞の問題教えてください 1 Devoted (   )she was to him , she had always thought him rather cruel. 2 So far as I am concerned, I have no objection to it.   =As for me,I have nothing to say (   ) it. 3 Althought I often tried, I couldn't make out the meaning of his letter. = (     )often I tried, I couldn't (   )the meaning of his letter. 4 It would be unwise of you not to accept the post they have offered you. = You would be unwise (   ) (   )(    )not accept the post they have offered you. ( )に何が入りますか?和訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします!