軍隊入隊時の山への思い

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 山を思い返す暇はなかったが、断片的な山の印象は甦ることもあった。
  • 軍隊生活では山への憧れは特別なものではなかった。
  • 軍隊に入る前は山への思いが大きかったが、忙しい生活によって遠ざかる。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文添削してもらえませんか?

いつもお世話になっています。添削や講評よろしくお願いします。 軍隊に入る時は、よもや二度と生きて山を歩けるとは思わなかった。それはまた一つの慰めでもあった。忙しい軍隊生活の中では、山を思い返す暇はなかった。ほんの断片的な山の印象、山の匂いとか、山の風とか、霜融けの温まりとか、そうしたものはしばしば強烈に甦ってくることもあったが、登攀を回顧させるほど特別なものではなかった。 When I entered the army, I thought my chance to hike mountains would never come to me, which only consoled me. Too hard missions in the army deprived me of the time when I retrospect mountains. Sometimes I found myself to recall intently a little piece of impression, smells and winds of mountains or warmth by melting frost, which was not special to make me long for climbing fanatically.

• amip
  • お礼率42% (36/85)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • MayIHELPY
  • ベストアンサー率49% (335/674)
回答No.3

>When I entered the army, I thought my chance to hike mountains would never come to me, which only consoled me. (1) 陸軍に入隊するはjoin the army又はenlist in the armyが一般的なようです。 (2) 日本語でも「思わなかった」となっていますし、英語でもthinkを否定する場合は、I don't thinkのように主動詞を否定形にしますので、I never thought ~のほうがbetterです。ただし、この場合は、意味を考えた場合thinkでは弱いと思いますので、ここではnever dreamed of~のほうが良いと思います。 (3) 「徒歩で山歩きをする」場合のhikeは自動詞ですので、hike in the mountainsになります。 (4) 「一つの慰めは」は補足を拝見しても何が主語か判断しにくいのですが、質問者の方の英文は、「よもや二度と生きて山を歩けるとは思わなかった」ことが1つの慰めにすぎなかったという意味になっています。他方、補足から判断すると入隊のことを指しているように思えるため、「その入隊」は「一つの慰めは」であると解釈も付け加えました。ただし、which only consoled meは、「慰めにすぎなかった」という否定的な意味ですので、which only consoled meをwhich meant a consolation to me.にしてください。 添削後 When I enlisted in the army, I never thought that a chance to hike in the mountains would come to me again, which meant a consolation to me. 参考訳 When I enlisted in the army, I never dreamed of having a chance to hike in the mountains again. The enlistment, however, meant a sort of consolation to me > Too hard missions in the army deprived me of the time when I retrospect mountains. (1) 「する時間」は、time to 動詞で表すのが一般的です。また、この場合は、「どのような時間も」と強調形にしてany time to retrospect mountainsにすると良いと思います。 添削後 Too hard missions in the army deprived me of any time to retrospect mountains. >Sometimes I found myself to recall intently a little piece of impression, smells and winds of mountains or warmth by melting frost, which was not special to make me long for climbing fanatically. (1) 上の部分で、「回顧する暇がなかった」が実際には「いくつかの事柄が甦ってきた」ので、「実際には」(actually)を入れると良いと思います。 (2) intentlyは、「意図的に」ですので、intenselyが適切です。 (3) いくつかの断片的な印象ですので、pieces of impressionのほうが良いと思います。堅い表現のfragments of impressionも可能です。windは、形容詞が付かない場合は単数形のほうが良いと思います。 (4)  not special toの部分は、「~するほどspecialでない」という意味ですので、not so special as to make me~の形になります。さらに、「しかしながら」(however)も加えました。 (5) long for climbing fanaticallyは、「登山を狂気的に懐かしがらせる」という意味ですが、日本文は「登攀を回顧させる」ですので意味が異なります。ここでは、文字通りにmake me retrospect to climbingにし、さらに、「私の過去の登攀」と解釈してmy past climbingにすると良いと思います。 添削後 Actually, I sometimes found myself to recall intensely fragments of impression, smells and wind of mountains or warmth generated by melting frost, which, however, was not so special as to make me retrospect to my past climbing strongly.

amip
質問者

お礼

細かく添削してくださってありがとうございました。すごく参考になりました。

その他の回答 (2)

noname#47281
noname#47281
回答No.2

全体として日本語に捕らわれすぎず比較的うまく訳されていると思います。でも少し硬すぎると思います。 When I entered the army, I thought my chance to hike mountains would never come to me, which only consoled me. → When I have entered the army, I never dreamed hiking montains, which was a sort of cocsolation for me. Too hard missions in the army deprived me of the time when I retrospect mountains. →The mission was too hard that I didn't afford to remember the montains. Sometimes I found myself to recall intently a little piece of impression, smells and winds of mountains or warmth by melting frost, which was not special to make me long for climbing fanatically. → It used to come back to mind often these intensive fragments of memory such as smells and winds of mountains or warmth by melting frost. But that was not extraordinary enough to recall me the climbing.

amip
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

noname#175206
noname#175206
回答No.1

元の日本語文章について、ひとつだけ質問をお許しください。 「それはまた一つの慰めでもあった。」なのですが、「よもや二度と生きて山を歩けるとは思わなかった。」ことが慰めではないですよね? では、「一つの慰め」とは、何を指しているのでしょうか?

amip
質問者

補足

間もなく軍隊に入る。戦争に行く、そして山とは永久にお別れになる――。こうした残り少ない山生活が、なおどれだけの情熱に値するか?  大東亜戦争の始まる頃から、この懐疑は不断にまつわりついて、山へ出かける時にも、山を歩く時にも私を離れなかった。自分の幸福、他の者の幸福――他の者の幸福に基づく自分の幸福……。  軍隊に入る時は、よもや二度と生きて山を歩けるとは思わなかった。それはまた一つの慰めでもあった。自分自身で決断し切れなかった問題を、境遇の変化が強制的に解決してくれることになったから。忙しい軍隊生活の中では、山を思い返す暇はなかった。ほんの断片的な山の印象、山の匂いとか、山の風とか、霜融けの温まりとか、そうしたものはしばしば強烈に甦ってくることもあったが、登攀を回顧させるほど特別なものではなかった。 という風に続いていきます。松濤明の随筆でした。 http://www.aozora.gr.jp/cards/000307/files/43682_17941.html

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

子供のころに列車での旅行というのは心躍るものであった。年に一度、夏休みに祖父母の家に行くときには、何時間も列車に乗ると考えただけでわくわくした。今では長距離列車を見ても、子供のころのように気分が高まることはないが、大きな駅のホームに日本各地に向かうさまざまな列車が並んでいる光景は鮮明に覚えているし、発車の瞬間の独特の高揚感を思い出すこともある。 It really excited me to travel by train in my childhood. When I went grand parents' house in summer vacations once a year, even thinking of getting on trains for hours makes me excited. Unlike when I am a child, now I don't feel such feelings when seeing long-trip trains. However, I vividly remember the scenery that there are various trains, which are going to many locations in Japan, in homes of a big station and I sometimes remember the particular excitement when trains start running. in japan in homesというのがどうかと思い、trains to many locations in japan を, which are ~ in Japan, に変えてみましたがどうすればよいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします  

• 英作文の添削お願いします

①relax or relaxed? 「音楽を聞くことは私をリラックスさせる」 ・Listening to music makes me relax. ・Listening to music makes me relaxed. どちらが正しいのでしょうか? ②feel or felt 「わたしはリラックスしたとき、たいてい音楽を聞きます」 ・I usually listen to music when I feel relaxed. ・I usually listen to music when I felt relaxed. どちらが正しいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

「受賞おめでとうございます。どうして映画監督になりたいと思ったのですか。少し お聞かせいただけませんか。」「そうですね。ちょっと答えづらいのですが、七歳の 時にキャメラを買ってもらって、それがきっかけで、映像の面白さに気づき始めたのだ と思います。映画館をやっている祖父がいたのも、映画的環境に慣れ親しむ一因 だったと思います。」 “Congraturations on the award! Would you mind sparing some time for us to ask you why you wanted to become a supervision of cinema”“Well, the answer a little embarrass me. It is because I started to realize the interest of pictures by the opportunity to be bought a camera for me when I was 7 years old. That my grandfather run a cinema is one of the reason why I familiar with the surroundings of it, I think.” 最後に I think を持っていったのは文頭にもっていくと (that) thatになりわかりづらいかと 思ったからです。かえってわかりづらいでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします!

今年大学受験をするものですが、宅浪なので英作文の添削をしてくれる人がいません。なので添削をお願いします。 テーマ:自分の失敗とその失敗から学んだことを100字以内で書け When I was fourteen. I bought a cell phone. As soon as I use it, I liked to call my friends on it. One day, I called one of my friends loudly on my cell phone in the train. I did not realize that I was annoying other people on board. then the woman sitting by me said to me that you should hang up your phone and pay more attention to people around you. After she scolded me, Iwas ashamed of my attitude and learnedthe importance of cosidering other people from this experience.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

早起きは苦手という人が多いようだ。私も夜更かしは平気だが、早起きはとてもつらい。 ただ、所用で早く起きる日は気分が一新する。頬を打つ朝の大気は優しく快い。 一日がことさら長く、充実した時間をすごした実感がある。よし、明日からはと心に 決めるのだが、翌朝になるとその決心は鈍ってしまう。 It seems that many people are not good at waking up early.This is true of me very much, while I don't mind staying up late. However, I feel fresh in waking up early for some reasons. The air which awake me is comfortable. When I do it, I feel the day to be longer than usual and realize I spent full time in it. I heartily decide to do so from tomorrow, but I always lose the decision next morning. 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

英作文の添削をお願いします。 「わたしは自分が難しいと思うことだけを一生懸命勉強したい」 I want to study hard which is difficult for me to understand.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

非常に拙い文章ですみません。 明らかにヘンなところだけでもOKですので、添削していただければ助かります。 ここはこう言った方がかっこいい!とかも嬉しいです。 私としては特に、「この状態では完璧に仕事をこなすことができないと思い」のところが不安です。 このままでは「仕事を全くこなすことができない」にとれませんか? I had learned Italian language in Italy before. After I have returned to Japan in 2007, I worked in an office where I helped candidates who want to study various arts in Italy. For this work, I could use mainly Italian language to communicate with staffs of the art school in Italy, but then it was also necessary writing and sometimes also speaking English because of various nationalities of candidates and students. Since I had learned English at university I can use it anyway. But I think that I couldn’t be useful perfectly in this situation so I left my job. Then I looked for other jobs which proper to me, but in Japan many works which are related to Italy require also ability of English. For this reason I decided to learn it seriously. I believe learning English will be much help for me.

• 英作文の添削を

課題で、"A Part-time Job for Me"というタイトルの英作文をしました。 文法的な間違いや、不自然な表現がなく、ちゃんと意味が通るかどうか不安なので、添削をしていただきたいと思い、投稿しました。 よろしくお願いします。 I don’t work part-time now.   Because I’m very busy with study now and I cannot find an offer of a part-time job that condition conforms to me, nearby my house. However, it is not that I don't work at all.  My relative sometimes asks me to mow the grass of the field and vacancy.  And she asks me help with the final income tax return at the end of the year.  Another relative, cannot use computer, sometimes asks me to make documents with a Microsoft Office Word.  The member of a municipal assembly of the acquaintance’s husband of my father asks me to create his Website.  The reward of these work is more expensive than the wage of the general part-time job.  However, there are few incomes because there is little work. I will want to do work of distributing mails at the post office in next winter vacation if I work part-time.  I've ever done this work when I was a tenth grader, and this work was pleasant.  And there is a post office near my house.  I can go there by bicycle in about thirty minutes. It is not suitable to deliver mails for me.  When I worked once to deliver mails by bicycle, I took time very much to finish work because I cannot ride a motor bicycle.  So I delivered it by bicycle.  But I ran slow by bicycle.  And I wasn’t good to learn the route very much.   Therefore the vice-postmaster changed my work into distributing mails.  This work was easier than delivering mails.  It was worm in post office and I was able to have confectionery, oranges, juice and for a break.  But my wage was higher than the other part-time worker because the wage of the postman was applied even after work changed because at first I was adopted as the postman that is higher wage than worker of distributing mails.  So I was able to work easily and get much money.

• 自由英作文の添削お願いします!

OKwaveで初めて質問します。 自由英作文の添削をお願いしたいんですが。 課題が ストレスを解消する自分なりの方法についてです。 語数は100語で僕は114字書きました。 文法的に内容的にとか何か不自然な部分があれば教えてください! Everyone must feel stressed nowadays.So we have to find how to reduce stress.I would like to introduce two ways to redusestress. First,I often listen to my favorite musics when I am sick of studying subjects which I am poor at.Listening to musics enables me to go on studying. Second,I take a walk once a week in order to refresh myself.This is because the fresh air makes my condition good,and taking a walk gives me chance that I think a lot of things. As these examples suggest,reducing stress is very importantto survive too busy world.

• 英作文の添削をして下さい\(^o^)/

こんにちは! ついさきほど、住みたい国を自由に選びその理由を述べるというテーマの英作文をしました。 もし、不自然な点、明らかにおかしい点などがありましたらお教えくださいm(__)m I want to live in Hawaii. When my family and I visited there 5 years ago, we got a lot of fun. I spended most of times swimming in the sea. The sea was so clear that there were many kinds of fish. I think it's very nice to be able to swim there every day. Besides, all foods I ate in Hawaii were very delicious. I want to eat dishes which we ate at a restaurant once again. I think living in Hawaii is great. So I chose Hawaii.