• ベストアンサー

杜の都は英語でなんと言うか?

海外の友人へのメールの中で、仙台を紹介したいのですが、私の英文があっているかどうか自信がありません。 (1)「宮城の県庁所在地の仙台市は緑がたくさんあります。 (2)だから「杜の都」と呼ばれています。 (3)いつかあなたにも来て欲しいです。」 (1)There are a lot of green in Sendai which is the prefectural capital in Miygi.(←読みずらい文章のような気がしますが、他にいい表現はないでしょうか?There are であっていますか?is でしょうか?) (2)So Sendai is called "Mori no Miyako". It means "The city of green".(←「杜の都」はどう表現したらよいのでしょうか。 (3)I would you like to come to Sendai someday.(← この表現は丁寧でしょうか?) それとも I recommend you to come to Sendai. こんな感じでOKでしょうか? おわかりになる方どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

おはようございます。 >(1)There are a lot of green in Sendai which is the prefectural capital in Miygi.(←読みずらい文章のような気がしますが、他にいい表現はないでしょうか?There are であっていますか?is でしょうか?) →There are a lot of greens in Sendai, the prefectural capital of Miyagi. greens は木の枝の緑、葉物の野菜、green は芝生などを表すのが普通です。同格を使うとすっきりしますよ。 ですが、一度に仙台が県庁だということと、緑が多いということの二つの内容を伝えようととしていますので、二つに分けた方がいいと思います。相手の人も、あなたが仙台に住んでいる(?)のは御存知でしょうから。 →Sendai is the capital city of Miyagi Prefecture, and it has a lot of greens everywhere. >(2)So Sendai is called "Mori no Miyako". It means "The city of green".(←「杜の都」はどう表現したらよいのでしょうか。 →So the city is called "Mori no Miyako" or The Capital of Greens. or は、「すなわち」「言い換えれば」の意味です。 >(3)I would you like to come to Sendai someday.(←この表現は丁寧でしょうか?) →would like to を使えば、 I would like you to come to Sendai someday.  仙台が何度も出ますので、工夫した方がいいですね。 →I hope you will come and visit Sendai someday. と簡単に表すのはどうでしょう? >それとも I recommend you to come to Sendai. こんな感じでOKでしょうか? →その根拠を述べながら、現実問題として勧めているのならいいと思いますが、そうでなければちょっと大袈裟に感じると思いますよ。 これでどうでしょうか?お役に立てば幸いです。

nameshin
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。ひとつひとつ丁寧に教えていただいたおかげで大変よくわかりました。

その他の回答 (4)

noname#20453
noname#20453
回答No.5

参考にしてみてください。 Torontoは a City of Treesと呼ばれているそうです。(トロントのホームページより) (1) There is a lot of greenery in Sendai City, which is the capital of Miyagi Prefecture. (2) So, it is called a City of Trees/a City of Greenery. Baltimore is a city of greenery, with about 2600 hectares (about 6400 acres) of land devoted to parks. (ネットより) (3)I like you to come to Sendai (and see me) someday. = 来てくださいと誘っている もしくは I hope you can come to Sendai (and see me) someday. = 来れることを望んでいる

nameshin
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。トロントも同じように呼ばれていたのですね~!大変参考になりました。

noname#47281
noname#47281
回答No.4

(1) Sendai, the adminisrative centre of Miyagi Prefecture, enjoys a plentiful of greenery, ・・・コンマで囲んで同格用法にします。 (2)so this town is called "Mori no Miyako", which means "Chief Town of Greenery". ・・・ここは 関係代名詞にした方がいいでしょう。 (3)I wish you to visit our town in the future. 私は仙台によく行きます。都会と田舎が調和した素敵な町ですね。By the way, I think Lyon,the third biggest city in France, bears some resenblance to Sendai.

nameshin
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。教えていただいたような書き方もあるのですね。とても勉強になりました。これからも是非仙台へいらしてくださいね。

回答No.3

#2です。 >(3) >仙台が繰り返し出ますので、工夫した方がいいですね。 これは、(2)のところの説明でした。ごめんなさい。

nameshin
質問者

お礼

わざわざありがとうございました。

• toko0503
  • ベストアンサー率36% (886/2437)
回答No.1

こんにちは いろいろな言い方があると思いますが、 質問者様の文を生かすとして、細かいところだけ…… (1)There is a lot of green in Sendai which is the prefectural capital of Miyagi. (2)So Sendai is called "Mori no Miyako". It means " City of Green". (3)I'd like you to visit here someday! 参考までね

nameshin
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。私の文を生かしつつ、細かいところをみていただき、大変助かりました!

関連するQ&A

• 牡蠣のシーズン到来、と言いたい!

仙台のメル友さんへ宛てた内容の続き、最終章です。。。 Anyway,oyster season has come again! ↑この表現は不自然でしょうか? Spling has come のパクリです(笑) I can't go there,but I'll enjoy it in Tokyo this year!! ↑前回にSendaiと書いたのでthereにしてみました。 「仙台には行けないけど、今年は東京でその味を楽しみます!」 みたいな感じですが、この英語は間違ってますか? 添削を御願い致します!!

• 仙台東について英語で紹介しなきゃいけないのですが、

仙台東について英語で紹介しなきゃいけないのですが、 途中まで書いて分からなくなりました・ この続きをどうすればいいでしょうか? my school is sendai higashi high school. there are english couse and general couse. english couse is unusual. my school is surrounded by natre. there are many rice field. we always feel the four seasons. itis hard for us to go to school. but i have never been happier. this environment is the best for study and sport. もしよければ添削もしていただきたいのですが・・

• 「自然がたくさんある」を英語で・・・

There are a lot of natures. たくさんの自然があると言う表現でThere isの文は適切ですか? また、「たくさんの自然」という意味でa lot of naturesは正しいでしょうか?

• 英語 教えて下さい

(1)There are a number of layoffs in the auto industry recently. (2)Big changes had taken place in Europe's social and political life ---and in its technology --- during the past few years. They are certain to reshape life in the future. (1)と(2)の英文に誤った表現がひとつずつあるのですが、よく分かりません。なぜそこが間違っているのか理由も添えて教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語 分かりません

There are a number of layoffs in the auto industry recently. (1)are (2)a number of (3)layoffs (4)the auto industry この文章の中で誤っている表現はどれですか?(1)~(4)の中から選ぶのですが、理由も兼ねて教えて下さい。

• 英語 の質問です

こちらの英文を日本語に訳してください。 よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m NATO are not there to bomb ISIS,they are there to provoke the Russians to retaliate,they failed in Ukraine now they are trying it in Syria,if they (NATO) succeed then we are entering a nuclear war for sure .This is the only reason NATO is in Syria.....Utter morons.

• 英語がとくいなかた和訳よろしくおねがいします

The forests of the earth are home to most of the world’s species, but living things there are in crisis today. Many places on the earth need to be protected, but how can we protect all of them at the same time? In 1988, a British biologist named Norman Mayers conceived of the idea of “hot spots” to identify particular places on the earth that need to be protected urgently. A hot spot is determined by the level of danger faced by a species in a particular region. There are hot spots on land as well as in coral reefs, but in the case of land hot spots, the number of native plants in a region is one factor that determines whether of not it is a hot spot.

• 英語の作文でのwithの位置

I go to Sendai with Judy onWednesdays in summer.などの、~と一緒に を表すwith がarrive at ~ come to ~といった動詞のあとに来るのはわかりますが、arrive  with 人 at ~ やcome with 人 to ~としてはいけないのはなぜでしょうか。調べ方がわるいのか参考書にもないので悩んでいます。

• 英語の和訳をお願いします。

There is much the same range, from artless fantasy to so-phisiticated convention, in twelfth-century sculpture, still al-most entirely confined to relief. The most extreme example of stylization is the two panels in Chichester Cathedral, particu-larly that of the Raising of Lazarus. The figures have a Byz-antine formality, but the faces, with huge deeply cut eyes, resemble Greek tragic masks, and the pattern into which Christ’s hair is carved is reminniscent of early Celtic art. More characteristically Romanesque are the Twelve Apostles in the porch of Malmesbury Abbey, six on either side, much more natural in posture than the painted Apostles of Kempley, looking almost as though they were posing for a photograph, though subtly grouped in pairs and unified by the hovering angel above. There is also more variety in the draping of their robes, for though the conventional ovals, and even in-verted rainbow shapes, are there, they are only details in the overall rhythm of design.

• there~

there is(are)~は~があるという意味なんですがこれは度々I have~などにいいかえれますよね?例えば there is less snow in okinaiwa. 沖縄の人がwe have less snow in here. there are a lot of reasons for me to say so. I got a lot of reasons to say so 使い分けはどうしたらいいんでしょうか?? there構文は代名詞はだめなのはわかっています。