• 締切済み

check

[1] You should check every entrant before allowing them to walk into the premises. [2] You should check on[upon] every entrant before allowing them to walk into the premises. check someone と check on[upon] someone の違いは何でしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• chukanshi
  • ベストアンサー率43% (186/425)
回答No.4

checkとcheck onは大変意味がちがいます。 checkは他動詞で、check~で「~を阻止する」 という意味ですし、 chach onは、準他動詞の熟語で、「~を検査する。確かめる」 という意味です。 ですから、 [1]では、入ってきた人を阻止しなさい という意味のになりますし、 [2]では、入ってきた人を検査しなさい という意味になり、 全然違う意味になります。

• Zz_zZ
  • ベストアンサー率44% (756/1695)
回答No.3

...で、 entrant も、 (1) 侵入者 (2) 入場者 になります。

• Zz_zZ
  • ベストアンサー率44% (756/1695)
回答No.2

(1) は、食い止める、阻止すっる(サッカーやアイスホッケーでのチェックと同じ) (2) は、照合する、確認する 辞書を引けば、出ているので...  

noname#1976
noname#1976
回答No.1

どちらも「チェックする」「調べる」という意味においては変わりません。 ただ、文法的には、[1] の check は目的語を直接取っているので『他動詞』、[2] の check は on という前置詞を伴っているので『自動詞』であるということが言えます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳のチェックをお願いします(至急)

英訳のチェックをお願いします(至急) 大変申し訳ございませんが、英訳のチェックをお願いいたします。初めてメールする方なので、丁寧な表現にしたいと考えており、「should」を使って良いのかなど悩んでいます。 よろしくお願いします。 (日本語) Eメールの送付、ありがとうございました。また、Eメールの内容の詳細を教えて下さい。もし、私達が話題や情報を持っている場合、それらを貴方に送付すれば良いということでしょうか? また、以下のとおり私達の連絡先の変更を貴方にお知らせします。 (変更前) ●● □□ (変更後) △△ ○○ (英訳) Thank you for your e-mail, and please let me know the details of your e-mail. If we have topics and informations, should we send them to you? And,I would like to inform you about a change of our contact point as follow. (Before) ●● □□ (After) △△ ○○

• 和訳をお願いします。

1,You'll have to find someone else to take to impress. 2,Do you actually think of those things to say to girls and them use them on us?

• G-TELP の問題より(接続詞の選択)

こんちは!G-TELP のための問題集でおやと思う解答がありました。 You should check the deadline on the rebate coupon. You don't want the offer to expire ( ) you have had a chance to send it. 選択肢は after, before, when とその他1つなのですが、答えは before でした。なぜ他の接続詞がいけないのかが理解できませんでした。 これは決まった言い回しなのか、かの言語でよくあるパターンなのか、それとも問題の作り方がおかしいのかどちらなのでしょうか?

• 和訳おねがいします!

it is not teaching them to think in some scientifically sound way; it is persuading them to acquiesce. it is accustoming them to the presence of computers in every walk of life, and thus making them dependent on the machine's supposed necessity and superiority.

• 高校英語

自分で解いたのですがこれらの英文は合ってますか? You should rest a few days. あなたは2,3日休むべきだ。 You should wash your hands before you eat. あなたは食べる前に手を洗うべきだ。 I have to go to the bed early. 私は早く寝なければならない。 I have to take exercise more. 私はもっと運動をしなければならない。 Why don't you go to swim once a week? 週に1回泳ぎに行ってはどうですか? Why don't you jog every morning? 毎朝ジョギングをしてはどうですか?

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

You should have to pass an IQ test before you breed. You have to take a driving test to operate vehicles and an SAT test to get into college. So why don't you have to take some sort of test before you give birth to children? When I am President, that's the first rule I will institute.

• 英語の問題です。教えてください。

主節か従属節かを考えて書き直す問題です。 例 After you break the eggs into a bowl,beat them well. ↓ Beat eggs well after you break them into bowl. (1) I started feeling sick while I was giving a presentation. (2) Before the plane doors close, we have to sit down.

• 短い英文です。翻訳お願いいたします。

you know you're attached to someone when you've gotten so used to talking to them on a daily basis and they've become a part of your happiness. but when you guys don't talk it's like a part of you is gone and you just started to miss them uncontrollably. 様々な訳し方があるように思いますので、いろんな方の解釈をお聞きしたいです。 よろしくお願いします!

• 英文問題を解いてくれる方!!

英文問題を解いてくれる方、答えを教えてください!!!!! Active to Passive Put the transitive verb into the passive voice. Don't mention the agent unless it seems necessary. 1 This used to be number 13, but now I see that someone has crossed out '13' and written'12A' underneath. 2 You mustn't move this man; he is too ill. You'll have to leave him here. 3 They searched his house and found a number of stolen articles. 4 Nobody has used this room for ages. 5 They took him for a Frenchman, his French was so good. 6 You should have taken those books back to the library. 7 They brought the children up in Italy. 8 They have taken down the For Sale notice, so I suppose they have sold the house. 9 Someone broke into his house and stole a lot of his things. 10 We have warned you. 11 A lorry knocked him down. 12 They returned my keys to me; someone had piked them up in the street. 13 We had to give the books back; they did not allow us to take them home. 14 You shouldn't leave these documents on the desk. You should lock them up. 15 They handed round coffee and biscuits. 16 They have tried other people's schemes. Why have they never tried my scheme? です!!!!!! よろしくお願いします!!!!!

• 英文をチェックしてください

We taked about going to skying before. I will give you suggestion where we should go I think we should go to Aomori. because there will have enough snow for skying by airplane. And it will takes a little money to us. 前にスキーに行こうって話したけど、その時期は十分に 雪がない。だから青森までいけば滑れると思うけど、 それには、飛行機で行かないといけないの。 また、少しお金も掛かるんだけど。 〇こんな感じの内容です。 おかしい所を直してください