• ベストアンサー

英語で自己紹介

英語で自己紹介をしなくてはいけません。文章を考えたのですが、どなたか添削していただけないでしょうか。 “I’m not good at speaking English, so please pardon me. I’m teaching home economics at a high school. I’m a homeroom teacher, and there are 33students in my class. They are too much energetic, so I’m awful tired every day. But I really enjoy our school life, fight with the students. I belong to the student council, it supports our baseball team, school election or the school sports. Recently, we went to the baseball game of our school. We have a strong baseball team. Our team has been to Koushien twice. Last day, we entered the quarterfinal. That day was very hot, and I was really tired, but it was good memory. Now I’m studying English here in Tokyo. Though I’m poor at English, it’s very hard to study. Thank you so much for teaching me politely. I’m also a teacher, I know how difficult to teach. To study English is very difficult for me, but I will study English much harder. Thank you very much for your attention.”

noname#75582
noname#75582
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

自己紹介はそのシチュエーションによって、口語体にするのか文語体にするのか違いますし、どこまでかしこまって書くのかも違うと思います。 もしカジュアルな感じの紹介であれば、少し硬いような印象もうけます。 あと、どこの国の方に紹介されるのかわかりませんが、日本人に紹介するのでなければ、あまり「自分は英語が喋れません」と連呼されない方がよいのではないでしょうか? もしそれでも英語が苦手である事を印象付けたいのであれば、少しジョーク(kidding)をはさんでみると柔らかくなると思います。 「僕はあんまり英語が得意ではないんです。そんなに舌も長くないしね(笑)」みたいな。 それも状況次第ですけど。

noname#75582
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。実は私も人から頼まれて英作しただけだったので、詳しい状況などはよく分かりませんでした。  ご指摘のように、少々堅苦しいあいさつになってしまっていますね。 これからはもう少し軽い感じで作ってみたいと思います。貴重なご意見、どうもありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.4

自己紹介をするシチュエーションがよくわからないのですが、気がついた点を少し。 まず、他の方もいってらっしゃいますが、「英語が下手だ」とは言わなくてもいいと思いますよ。 Thank you so much for teaching me politely. とありますから、英語の先生に自己紹介してるのですよね?だったらなおさら、今現在上手じゃないから教えてもらってるわけです。ちょっと卑下しすぎのような印象を受けます。特に、日本人はやりがちなのですが、スピーチの最初に「英語が喋れません」とか「英語が下手です」などと、英語で言うのは奇異な印象を与えることがあります。 あと、内容が、「自己紹介」というより、「勤務先の学校紹介」になってしまってませんか? 甲子園、というのも、日本のことをよ~く知ってらっしゃる方なら、それがどんな大変なことかわかるかもしれませんが、そうでなければ、あまり意味がないような気もします。 それよりも、家族、出身地、趣味等を言ってもいいですよね。もっといいのは、なぜ英語を勉強したいと思っているのかとか、そのきっかけとかを言うと、英語の先生には興味深いですよね。あと、海外旅行をしたことがあるなら、その場所と感想とか。先生も同じ場所に行ったことがあるかもしれないし、出身地かもしれないですよね。 以上、せっかく一生懸命考えたであろう英文なのに、添削になってなくてすみません。

noname#75582
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。確かにkazamidori615さんのご指摘通り、ネガティブな性格が前面に出すぎた文章になってしまっています。 これでは日本人のイメージダウン決定ですね。他人に頼まれたとはいえ、もっと考えるべきでした。貴重なご意見は今後の参考にさせていただきます。どうもありがとうございました。

• IXTYS
  • ベストアンサー率30% (965/3197)
回答No.3

Duhundさん、こんにちは。  『今通っている英会話教室で急に自己照会をやらされるどうしよう』という気持ちが文章全体からひしひしと伝わって来ます。 この自己照会では魅力的なduhundさんがちっとも描かれていませんね。 とても残念です。 若くて、魅力的なあなたについて、特に若い男性が知りたい事。 (1) お名前、 (2) 既婚か未婚か (3) どこに住んでいるのか、 (4) どんな家族構成か (5) どんな趣味を持っているのか (6) 今からアタック出来るか あなたの今の紹介は学校紹介に過ぎません。 もう一度、書き直されてはいかが? 若い男性達は上のことが知りたいのです。甲子園に出ようが、33人馬鹿どもを担当しようが、そんな事はマイナーなことですよ。

noname#75582
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。丁寧にお答えくださってありがとうございます。実はこの自己紹介は他人に頼まれた物で、内容も私が考えたわけではないのです。しかしIXTYSさんのアドバイスは大変参考になりました。まだまだ英語に関わらず自己紹介する機会には恵まれると思います。その際にはぜひとも参考にさせていただきます。ありがとうございました。

• Ipster02
  • ベストアンサー率0% (0/1)
回答No.2

どの言語を話している人でも、胸を張って、自信を持って話すと言う事は大切だと思います。 現在、アメリカ在住4年目ですが、最初の頃はピザという英語すら良く分かりませんでした。前の回答者の方もおっしゃられている通り、あまり自分についてネガティブな事は言わない方がいいです。常にポジティブで、恥ずかしがらない事が大事だと思いますよ。

noname#75582
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。ご指摘の通り、他人に頼まれたとはいえ、日本人として、とてもネガティブな文書を書いてしまっています。私の性格も出ているのでしょうが、これでは日本人のイメージを悪くする一方ですね、これからは前向きな考え方で生きていこうと思います。  貴重なご意見ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語で自己紹介

以下の自己紹介の文を言葉づかいや英文法を直していただけませんか ありがとうございます。 I am very happy to introduce myself. My name’s Nakajima. I'm from Tokyo. I live in Seto city and I am a university's student in the second year. I was born in Tokyo province in the central of Japan. There are 5 peoples in my family. Parents, brother, sister and me. My father is a saraly man and my mother is housewife. She always takes good care of my family. When I have a free time, I often listen to the music, watch TV, read newspapers and go shopping. On sunday, I usually go to the cafeteria to chat with my friend in the morning. And I always join the English speaking club to improve my speaking skill in the afternoon. I like learning english very much. I have learnt for years at high school and university . but my english is not enough to communication. Therefore, I try my best to learn it now. And I hope i can speak english well one day. I want to be a doctor in the future. My dream is becoming a good husband, having a good wife and pretty childrens . In short, I am really happy with my life. Of course I am going to make it happier and more meaningful.

• 日本語訳してください!

Yeah, we did! It was long but I know a few about it because of the lessons! My favourite sport is football, I'm a great football fan (Soccer)! I also play it alot I used to be in the football team in my old school, but i can't any more now D: my doesn't want me too! Volley ball, hmm I've only played it once in school that was it! It was very hard I remember! I've tried to learn French during secondary school since i was 11 to age 15 but I never understood much since i really didn't have interest in it! I'm very much into music and watching tvs and stuff! I love going out with my friends to the cinema! Are you in junior high school or high school? In the UK we don't call it junior high school or senior high school we call it secondary school and college! I'm in college since I'm 16! It's my first year :)

• 仙台東について英語で紹介しなきゃいけないのですが、

仙台東について英語で紹介しなきゃいけないのですが、 途中まで書いて分からなくなりました・ この続きをどうすればいいでしょうか? my school is sendai higashi high school. there are english couse and general couse. english couse is unusual. my school is surrounded by natre. there are many rice field. we always feel the four seasons. itis hard for us to go to school. but i have never been happier. this environment is the best for study and sport. もしよければ添削もしていただきたいのですが・・

• 旅プレゼン(英語)NO2

なんとなく、接続詞とかうまく使えないので、添削してください。 お願いします。 I met Japanese traveler. I knew her in the internet. Next day We went to Yosemite National Park CA. I left 8:00 arrived 15:00. We ate late lunch at Happy burger shop. The shop seems to be the American west restaurant. I ate turkey burger. I t was delicious. But of course it ‘s big! We went to recommend Glacier Point. We watched sun set. Then,Many people has gathered. and Volunteer staff started explaining. Today was Full moon. We watched to get moon when we heard the shout of joy. It was one of event. Three days We went Yosemite National Park CA again. I think it’s big park. They can’t watch a day. We watched “ big tree” aun Yosemite full. And then we return to Santa monica. However, came back there midd night. I was very very tired.but Thank you for your driving.

• 中学校の英語です

中学生の英語です。 「私たちの学校は駅の近くにあります」 を英文にすると Our school is near the station. ですよね? では 「私たちの学校は中山駅の近くにあります」 だったら Our school is near Nakayama station. Our school is near the Nakayama station. のどちらですか? 「the」をつけるかつけないかが分かりません。 他の文に関しても同じです。 限定されているものに「the」をつける というのは習ったのですが、それでも良く分かりません。 「the」の使い方を教えてください。 また 「英語を勉強することは私にとってとてもおもしろい」 を英語にすると To learn English is very interesting to me. ですよね? 前に、根拠はなく感覚で To learn English is very interesting for me. としてしまいました。 この辺も何かあいまいです。 「to」と「for」の使い方、使い分けを教えてください。

• 誤った英語訳を直したい

こんばんは。下記の文章を英語に訳したいのですが、分からない点があるので教えていただきたいです。 そして私の英文のおかしな部分も訂正していただきたいです。 よろしくお願いします。 >あなた方に差し上げたウエディングアルバムは1冊○ドルと、もう一冊オーダーするのは今の私達には少々高価です。 写真を撮るだけでも○ドルかかり、いずれも私の両親が支払いをしてくれました。 日本にいる間、私の両親は毎月私達に送金してくれました。 アルバムがもう一冊必要だと言えば彼らは喜んでオーダーしてくれると思います。 でも私達は結婚したのだから、彼らからもう金銭的な援助は受けたくないのです。 NYでお二人だけは私達にとてもよくしてくださいました。 なので私達のアルバムはあなた方に持っていていただければ大切にしていただけるだろうし、光栄だと思い差し上げました。 私達は先月の旅行でかなりお金を使ってしまいました。 新地での新生活をスタートするにあたり出費もかなり出ています。 子供が早く欲しいし結婚式もしたいので貯金もはじめたいです。 お父さんには出来るならばアルバムを差し上げたい。 お金の話をするのはとても恥ずかしいけれど、こう言った理由があることを大好きなあなた達だからこそ分かっていただきたいです。 Album we gift for you was 0dollers.Its pretty high price for us to order other Album. Took wedding picture was paid 0dollers.My parents paid both. My parents sent us for money every month. If we ask other Album to my parents I know they order as soon they can and happy. But we wont there money support any more.Because we married. You were take care us very much when we visit NY. Thats why I want to you gift our album. We spent too much money last month travel. And we just move new place. We want to new family soon.So have to start save money. I really want to gift Album for father. Im really shame to tell our money situation.But I want you to understand.Because we love you very much.

• 英語で自己紹介!添削して下さい

この度メーカーの研修アメリカに行くことになりました。突然、その中で英語で自己紹介のスピーチをしなくてはならなくなりとても困っています。一応原稿を作ってみたのですが・・・どなたか添削してください。お願いします。 Hello everyone, First of all, I appreciate for making this opportunity. Let me know that How to manufacture the 製品 and what is the American factory and so on this chance. And I decided leaning English from now. My name is *** and I come from yamanashi Japan. I’m working for 自分の会社名 sales office. I’ve joined this company for 17 years. Our company has been selling manly Electric Measuring Instrument as an agent manufacture. Such as 相手の会社名 co. My main users are *** *** and ***. We are going to develop our business relationship between user and manufacture. Thank you very mach.

• 英訳の質問です。

和訳わかるのですが、最後の相手の文がどういうつもりでいったのか気になります。分かる方教えて下さい( ; ; ) ☆Maybe,i don't think we should see each ot her anymore Because,i think the lonely to each other ★maybe we could see each other one day, but we don't have to wait for each other :) ★i like you very very much 多分、僕達はまたいつか会えるだろうけど、待つ必要はないよ! このlike you very very muchは社交辞令ですか??待たなくていいけど、好き??彼の気持ちが分かりません…

• 英語で手紙を書きました。

学校の英語の先生が自分の国に帰ってしまいます。 なので、私は手紙を書きたいと思います。 自分で考えて 書いてみました。仮 のようなものですが・・・ 英語について詳しい方がいましたら、この手紙の間違っている部分や、おかしな部分、また 英語の手紙のルールなどがなっていないところがありましたら、お願いします。また ()内のところは、わからなかったところなので、知っていましたら、教えていただけるとうれしいです。 How are you going? お元気ですか? This is my first letter for you. あなたへの初めての手紙です。 When I heard that you retuened to the U,S , I was teribly surprised. あなたが アメリカに帰るということを聞いて、わたしはとても驚きました。 But I will study English head in the future. でも これからも 英語を一生懸命勉強していこうと思います。 Because Iwant to be able to speak English. なぜなら、私は 英語を話せるようになりたいからです。 (なにより) I like English. なにより 私は英語が好きです。 (英語を習うようになって、 わたしはもっと英語が好きになりました) I could learn Enlish for you, I was very happy. 先生に英語を学ぶことができ、わたしはとてもうれしかったです。 I hope you take good care of yourself. お体に気をつけてください。 I hope meet you again. もう一度会えると願っています。 Thank you very much. ありがとうございました。 Good bye for now. それではさようなら。

• 英語確認してください(>_<)!

I was able to change my basic character a little. I did not decide it for myself. I did not have such courage. At first, I feel not proceed. My mother told me "Go to Study Abroad in Australia." And I made ​​up my mind. The Australian people were very friendly and helpful. When I talk to my host sister and I were very nervous. I was talking wrong English, But she was not laughed. Since that time, I was able to have a little courage I talked with many people at school. I was not ashamed able to speak the host family and friends. I'm not shy anymore than ever. This short-term study in Australia gave me courage. I got a little aggressive. 私は少しもとの性格を変えることができた。私は自分でそれを決めたわけではなかった。私にはそのような勇気はなかった。私は最初気が進まなかった。私の母は私に、「短期留学に行け」と言った。そして私は決心した。オーストラリアの人々はとてもフレンドリーで優しかった。ホストシスターに話しかけたとき私はとても緊張した。私の英語は間違っていたけど彼女は笑わなかった。その時から私は少し勇気を持つことができました。わたしは学校でもたくさんの人と話した。私は恥かしがらずにホストや友達と話すことができた。私は今までよりシャイではなくなった。この短期留学は私に勇気を与えてくれた。私は少し積極的になった。 英語合ってますか? 間違っているところがあったら教えてください!!