• ベストアンサー

この英文分かりません。

Methinks I see in my mind a noble and puissant nation rousing herslf like a strong man after sleep, and shaking her invincible locks. 全然分かりません。 誰かおしえてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • t_n
  • ベストアンサー率21% (28/132)
回答No.1

私には、高尚で力強くて、寝起きにそれ自身を飛び立たせる頑強な男の様 な、そして強固な守りを顕示する様な国が、私の心の中にある様に思える。 --------------------------------------------------------------------- これは、誰? (^_^;) 国の所有・目的格は her を使います。また、and が結んでいるのは後置修飾 の rousing と shaking で、ともに nation を修飾しています。 methinks は古語みたいですね。「私には~の様に思われる」らしいです。

nadachi999
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 でも日本語でも難しいですね。 ちなみにこれは、Miltonの言葉です。

関連するQ&A

• 訳して頂きたい英文があります!

訳して頂きたい英文があります! どうしてもうまく訳せません。 She had an uneasy suspicion that I did not believe in her; and if that was why she did not like me, it was also why she sought my acquaintance: it galled her that I alone should look upon her as a comic figure and she could not rest till I acknowledged myself mistaken and defeated. お願いいたします。

• この英文を訳していただきたいです

A: you bring new aspects to her. and with movie it's like... B: She doesn't bring nuances. it was perfect. Let me just say that we have had a lot of her love today. okey? So i'd glod to get some. A: And then we see her evolving into his leadership role. But we also see you evolving more and more as we see you onscreen... B: Well...Do we?

• 英文の翻訳

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 The future man whom you will meet as described will be a warm hearted and generous person. Proud and affectionate to a degree. He will has a masculinity about him and sex appeal, that exudes. Strong, possibly athletic, with a strong masculine character. He will be an outspoken assertive forceful man with strong feelings and may tend to dominate you. A man used to commanding respect and being in charge. Used to taking the lead.

• 下記の英文の意味を教えてください。

The expectation that society had for a women was that she would either get married and have children and stay in a house without working at a job, or that she would stay in a convent and be a nun. However, She, Catalina, decided that those options were not right for her, and she decided to go after her dreams and become a conquistador like many men around her. How did Catalina's decision to become a conquistador go against the expectation that society had for her? 「社会は女性は結婚し、子供を産み、仕事に取り組むことなく家にい続けるもの、または、修道女になるべきだと思っていた。しかし、カタリーナはそれがいやで、彼女は夢を求めて、コンキスタドールになることに決めました。この決断はどのように社会の予想に反していますか?」 ...という意味でしょうか。 それに対しての答えは、 社会の予想 女性が結婚をし、子供を産み、仕事に取り組むことなく家にい続けるもの。 または、修道女になるべきだと思っていた。 カタリーナの行動 修道院から逃げ出し、髪を短く切り、男装し、スペインの街を転々とし、あげくのはて新大陸(メキシコ)を征服しに行った。 と、このようなことを書けばいいのでしょうか?

• 英文について

長文で申し訳ないんですが、下の文をざっくりでいいので翻訳・解説してくれませんか? 自分で翻訳サイトなどに掛けてみても、意味がよく分からなくて、、、 I am a 59-year-old Japanese, born in 1941 (Showa 16). When I was a child, many of my teachers were very scary, probably because they had experienced the war. Unlike today, corporal punishment was allowed, so it was common to be slapped or punched. This was when I was in the sixth grade of elementary school (11-12 years old). One of my classmates was a girl whose family was poor, so she and her sister shared gym clothes for gym class. One day, however, her gym class coincided with her sister's class, and she didn't have any gym clothes because she had given them to my sister. I think it was an unavoidable reason, but the teacher did not allow the girl to not bring her gym clothes even though she had such a good reason. He ordered her to take off her plain everyday clothes , telling her that she was not allowed to take gym class in plain clothes. She took off her everyday clothes and attended the PE class in her underwear, that is, wearing only a pair of panties. Her classmates pointed and laughed at her shameful appearance in just her panties. Perhaps she was poorly nourished because of her poverty, her bare breasts weren't bulging at all. The girls made fun of her flat breasts, calling it "look like men". Also, a stupid boy took down her panties and tried to show everyone where her part which must be never seen(Fortunately, this ended in an attempt) She remembers feeling so embarrassed and humiliated that she almost started to cry. But she never gave in and gave her gym clothes to her sister on another day when the classes overlapped as well. It must have been an unbearable humiliation for a girl of her age to go to class almost naked and be seen by boys and girls of her age. She was a strong girl and was able to endure it, but an ordinary girl would not have been able to. I can only hope that there will never be another educator who gives this kind of education again.

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

In 1916 the Germans completed two submarine merchant vessels, to be used as blockade runners. The aim was to use them to carry high value goods to neutral nations such as the US, which still maintained a strict neutrality, and was prepared to trade with Germany as with any other nation. The first of these vessels, Deutschland, sailed in summer 1916 and made a favorable impact on US public opinion. She made a second equally successful voyage in autumn of that year. Her sister, Bremen, was less fortunate; she disappeared on her maiden voyage, the cause of her loss unknown.

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします!!

Late one evening,as my husband slept in front of the television and l was catching up on my e-mail,an “instant message” appeared on the screen. lt was from Mlargo,my oldest step-daughter,also up late and sitting in front of her computer five hours away. As usual,we sent several messages back and forth,exchanging the latest news.When we would “chat” like that,she wouldn’t necessarily know if it was me or her dad operating the keyboard---that is unless she asked. That night she didn't ask and l didn't identify myself either. After hearing the latest volleyball scores, the details about an upcoming dance at her school,and a history project she was working on,I commented that it was late and l should get to sleep. Her return message read,“Okay,talk to you later!Love you!”

• 以下の英文について教えてください

The mournful truth that a man — every man-must die alone, had been thrust sharply into my mind and kept there by the frequent violent attacks of my malady I suffered at that time, every one of which threatened to be the last. (中略) Then my mother died. Her perfect health failed her suddenly, and her decline was not long. But she suffered much, and on the last occasion of my being with her at her bedside she told me that she was very tired and had no fear of death, and would be glad to go but for the thought of leaving me in such a precarious state of health and with a mind distressed. Even then she put no questions to me, but only expressed the hope that her prayers for me would be answered and that at the last we should be together again. I cannot say, as I might say in the case of any other relation or friend, that I had lost her. (中略) It came to me as a great surprise a few years ago to have my secret and most cherished feelings about my own mother expressed to me as I had never heard them expressed before by a friend who, albeit still young, has made himself a name in the world, one who had never known a mother, she having died during his infancy. <最後のIt came to me~の英文について>: It came to me as a great surprise a few years ago~のasは「~として」ですか? as I had never heard them expressed ~のasは「~のように」ですか? (themはmy secret and most cherished feelings ?) my own mother expressed to me as I had never heard them expressed before by a friend のところの意味がよくわからないのですが、 expressedの取り方は、 my own mother expressed to me私自身の母親が私に表現した、 I had never heard them expressed私はそれらが表現されるのを決して聞いたことがない、 ですか? she having died during his infancyここは独立分詞構文で、「彼女は彼の幼年時代に亡くなってしまったので」? ----Far Away and Long Ago :W.H.Hudson

• 英文翻訳をお願いします

英文翻訳をお願いします But always know there is more to a woman than her looks in my opinion. If a man gets too caught up on a woman's looks he gets blinded and can never truly see the real woman inside, which makes him and the woman live in a false reality. But once the man and woman truly see eachother for who they are and accept eachothers differences then that's where a true relationship begins, whether it's good or bad.

• 英文のつなげ方がよくわからないです。

だいぶクラスの友達や先生にも慣れて、 彼女は何年もいる生徒のようだねと周りから言れるほど、溶け込んでいます。 She blended in with her classmates everyone says she looks like a student who is many years. でいいのでしょうか?