• ベストアンサー

CUTと DISHの意味について。

こんにちは。 海外の知り合いの方から、質問を受けたのですが、その中に、「DISH ABOUT YOURSELF」と「CUT OR UNCUT?」という質問がありました。 これは、「あなたの顔について教えて」「あなたの髪の長さは?」という質問でしょうか?  DISHには、. 1. A sexually attractive person. 2. The buttocks. Gay use. 3. The face. の意味があるそうなのですが。。 まったく見当違いでしたら、すみません。恥ずかしながら、勉強のために、とメール交換しているのですが。。。よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • doyanen
  • ベストアンサー率26% (29/110)
回答No.1

Dish about yourselfと言う時のdishとは、talking about private lives and saying unkind/shocking things about themと言う意味ですので、約すと「貴方自身の私生活の中で起こった事柄について、自嘲して言って下さい」とでもなるでしょうか。 CUT OR UNCUTについてはいろいろな意味があるので文脈によって違うかもしれませんが、多分「一部省略していますか、それとも(隠し立てせず)全て晒していますか?」とでも言うことでしょうか。 CUTされているか、それともCUTされていないか、という風に捉えると、例えば映画などで、あるシーンがカットされている場合とされていない場合を比較して前者がCUT (Version)、後者をUNCUT (Version)と言います。

chris2001
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! 実は、今、大きな辞典を見ましたら、DISHには、噂話をする、というような意味があることに気づきました。お恥ずかしい次第です。 助かりました。本当にありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• Zz_zZ
  • ベストアンサー率44% (756/1695)
回答No.2

uncut も、大きな英和辞書や、ここなどにあります。 http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=uncut

参考URL:
http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=uncut
chris2001
質問者

お礼

すばらしURLをありがとうございました! 私が上に引用してましたのは、このうちのGoogleで、これしか知りませんでした。 助かりました。頑張ってみます。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

I don't get it. The video starts by saying -- "I feel safer here  than in Canada", then it's a bunch of stories about how common  it is to be sexually assaulted on trains in Japan and to watch  yourself. What? Is Canada even more rapey? よろしくお願いしますm(._.)m

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい

KING: Marcia, what was your reaction to the settlement? MARCIA LEWIS, PLAINTIFF IN SETTLEMENT SAYS PRIEST SEXUALLY ABUSED HER FROM AGE 7-14: Actually, when we were downstairs coming up, I ran into Mr. Boucher and I said I'm waiting for you to tell me that the ink is drying before I get excited about it. And he said, well, it's OK. 以上出典は以下の通りです。 CNN LARRY KING LIVE The L.A. Catholic Archdiocese Settlement of Sexual Abuse Cases Aired July 16, 2007 - 21:00 ET 質問ですが that the ink is drying before I get excited about it は如何いう意味ですか? 又何かの例えでしょうか?

• この英語の意味を教えてください

この英語の意味を教えてください 全文: "How should one read a book? In the first place, I want to emphasis the note of interrogation at the end of my title. Even if I could answer the question for myself, the answer would apply only to me and not you. The only advise, indeed, that one person can give another about reading is to take no advise, to follow your own instincts, to use your own reason, to come to your own conclusions. If this is agreed between us, then I feel at liberty to put forward a few ideas and suggestions because you will not allow them to fetter that independence which is the most important quality that a reader can possess." この文章の中にあるこの↓英語の意味を教えてください *note of interrogation *one person can give another about reading *feel at liberty *you will not allow them to fetter that independence

• 英文についての質問です。

リベラル派か保守派かについてのQuizがあるのですが、その中の質問で以下のような文章がありました。 Where would you put a person who believes that government? (1) should not censor sexually explicit movies and (2) should not set minimum wage laws? こちらの質問に対して、Liberal, Conservativeどちらを押しても、No, that's wrongと以下の文章が出てきました。 これはどういう意味でしょうか? No, that's wrong. You had trouble answering because the person doesn't fit on one dimension. The person is “liberal” on the order dimension (but “conservative” on the equality dimension). 一つの側面(次元?)に収まらない。 つまり、答えはないということでしょうか? こちらの英文を訳してほしいです。 (質問の方は和訳、理解できたので、回答の方の和訳をお願いします。)

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

長文だった為分割して質問させていただきます。 こちらは後半の文章です。 目の周辺のことを書いてあるようなのですが、訳していただけると助かります。 They are fully open eyes, not narrowed. Though he narrows them in strong light as if struggling to see.. The margins at the edges of the lid are sometimes reddish, as if irritated by smoke. The eyes are softly flickering, misty, sidling and shifting as though he tries to fix his gaze on people, but soon his gaze slips away again. Sometimes the eyes look thoughtful dull or transfixed but unseeing idle expression. The face is plump and sympathetic. Though often the face is very still. Not totally devoid of expression, just passive and the expression serene across his frozen face. Not a mobile always changing face. Its only the eyes that change and flicker like moonlight and clouds across his face. The eyelids twitch sometimes into an expression with the face. The eyes look weak though his sight is not good. The face is soft fleshy, pale and poorly defined, but attractive. This is a proud refined face, that is sometimes hard to read..

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

以前にも質問したのですが、もう一度質問させてください。 長文だった為分割して質問させていただきます。 こちらは後半の文章です。 目の周辺のことを書いてあるようなのですが、訳していただけると助かります。 They are fully open eyes, not narrowed. Though he narrows them in strong light as if struggling to see.. The margins at the edges of the lid are sometimes reddish, as if irritated by smoke. The eyes are softly flickering, misty, sidling and shifting as though he tries to fix his gaze on people, but soon his gaze slips away again. Sometimes the eyes look thoughtful dull or transfixed but unseeing idle expression. The face is plump and sympathetic. Though often the face is very still. Not totally devoid of expression, just passive and the expression serene across his frozen face. Not a mobile always changing face. Its only the eyes that change and flicker like moonlight and clouds across his face. The eyelids twitch sometimes into an expression with the face. The eyes look weak though his sight is not good. The face is soft fleshy, pale and poorly defined, but attractive. This is a proud refined face, that is sometimes hard to read..

• DISH//

DISH// 「DISH//」というアーティストの合いの手を知っている方いますか? もし、知っていたら教えてください!

• 英文翻訳があります。翻訳は正しいですか?

If an American hesitates to ask detailed personal questions-wishing to remain polite, American-style -they in turn may feel they are not getting necessary information from the Japanese person they are talking to. They may even feel that the Japanese person is evading disclosing information about himself. Aericans may ask general questions such as "Well, what about yourself?" in order to encourage the other person to talk. Most Japaense, however, would not comprehend that this is an invitation to start talking about themselves, while taking care to divulge only information that they feel is appropriate. 日本語訳 もしもアメリカ人が(アメリカ流で)礼儀正しくしようとして個人的な立ち入った質問をするのを躊躇うなら、今度は、話し相手の日本人から必要な情報が入って来ないと感じることになるかもしれない。そして、日本人が自分についての情報開示を避けているようにさえ感じるかもしれない。アメリカ人は相手にしゃべってもらうために「では貴方はどうですか?」というような一般的な質問をするかもしれない。しかし、ほとんどの日本人は、自分たちがふさわしいと感じる情報のみを公開しようと心掛け、その質問が自分についての話を始めてほしいという誘いであることに気付かないことだろう。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。支払い方法の事と新作の入荷情報について質問をしていました。返事がきたのですがすみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 Yes I will be your account manager under the general manager AAA. Yes you can use PayPal : Please log in to your Paypal account and click on the ‘Send Money’ tab. It will then ask for an email address and an amount. The Paypal email address is david@BBB Are you talking about the AW16 collection? We only have a few items available for now I have attached a catalogue of available stock; the rest will depend on drops from Aufust up to beginning of October. For SS16 collection what is in stock is available straight away. Do you use your own courier??

• この英文は正しいですか?

御助力下さい!この英文は正しいですか? 間違った表現がありましたら直して下さい! ひとりで勉強をしている気がしない。 I don't feel I study alone. 私の回答は質問とは少し外れるかも知れないけれど…  My answer might get off the question but… パソコンを使いこなせるようになりたい。 I want to become skilled in the use of personal computer. I want to be computer-literate. I want to be high-tech person[people] などと考えましたが...   personとpeopleの使い分けがわかりません。 電磁波は人体に悪影響をもたらす。The electromagnetic waves exert a bad influence upon to public health. 宜しくお願いします。