• ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします。

Aliasの回答

• Alias
  • ベストアンサー率59% (173/293)
回答No.4

1. shibako74さんのおっしゃるとおり、ここのsayは「たとえば」の意味で使われています。他にサクラとかモモとかいろいろ考えられる中で、とりあえずウメとフジで代表させた、という感じでしょう。 2. 前後関係がわからないのでなんとも言えませんが、最初のAsは「~なので」の意味では? now as in ancient timesは「現在も古代と同様に」。全体は「日本では美学が生活の一部であるために、現在でも古代と同様に、様式が生活そのものなのである」といったところでしょうか。ちょっとうまくつながっていませんが。 3. from ~ to ...「~から...まで」が両極端の例を挙げるために使われることがあるのはshibako74さんのご説明どおり。で、ときどきこれが、  from A to B to C 「AからBやCにいたるまで」 のようにtoを2つ重ねて使われることがあります。ここはその用法のようです。「お茶の販売店から、休憩所や芸者遊びをする場所まで、何ものでもありえる」という感じでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳教えてください

A particular branch of knowledge is chosen, whether about the physical universe as in the sciences or about man himself as in the humanities. The aim of this study is not just to learn new facts, but to relate them to each other in an ordered whole. It is not enough to know things, like a walking encyclopedia. We have to aim at that understanding and wisdom which is the fine fruit of a university education. Thus in the sciences we learn how to draw general conclusions from various facts; and in the humanities we obtain a deeper understanding of human life from the reading of various authors. 長い英文ですがよろしくお願いします

• 英文和訳お願いします。

英文和訳お願いします。 In general, my music is just quiet because it’s not the kind of music that is supposed to be loud, there is not really anything more to it than that. It would be pretty silly to blast strings and piano at 105db. こちらなのですが、英文和訳をお願いします。どうもthere is not really anything more to it than that.のあたりが不明で・・・。

• 和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。よろしくお願いします 1Nothing is so essential to self-training as the proper choice of books to read. 2There is nothing so beautiful as the view of a sunrise from the hill. 3When I was a salesman,I sold more papers than anybody else in this district. 4It is far more difficult to make optical glass than any other type of glass.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I doubt whether a doctor can answer the question of what the meaning of one's life is in general terms. For the meaning of life differs from man to man, from day to day and from hour to hour. What matters, therefore, is not the meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person's life at a given moment. To put the question in general terms would be comparable to the question posed to a chess champion: "Tell me, Master, what is the best move in the world?" There simply is no such thing as the best or even a good move apart from a particular situation in a game and the particular personality of one's opponent. The same holds for human existence. One should not search for an abstract meaning of life. Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone's task is as unique as is his specific opportunity to fulfill it.  We must never forget that we may also find meaning in life even when confronted with a hopeless situation, when facing a fate that cannot be changed. For what then matters is to bear witness to the uniquely human potential at its best, which is to transform a personal tragedy into triumph, to turn one's predicament into a human achievement. When we are no longer able to change a situation--just think of an incurable disease such as inoperable cancer--we are challenged to change ourselves.

• 和訳して下さい!!

和訳して下さい!! 1. Your vocabulary at age 45 is three times as great as when you graduated from college. At 60, your brain possess almost four times as much information as it did. 2. He is great senior to me in respect of service. 3. There is nothing would like better than a visit to the zoo. 4. The mob gathered round the car like so many files. 5. I must admit that my son is not much of a scholar.

• 和訳お願いします

大学入試の過去問を解いていて、分かりにくいところがありました。 下記の英文の和訳をお願いします。片方だけでも構いません。 (1) The fundamental nature and meaning of music lie not in objects, not in musical works at all, but in action, in what people do. It is only by understanding what people do as they take part in a musical act that we can hope to understand its nature and the function it fulfills in human life. Whatever that function may be, I am certain, first, that to take part in a music act is of central importance to our very humanness, as important as taking part in the act of speech, which it so resembles, and second, that everyone is born with the gift of music no less than with the gift of speech. (2) So far as I know the word “musicking” does not appear in any English dictionary, but it is too useful a conceptual tool to lie unused.

• 英語の和訳

1:In a society where change is not uncommon for every generation to experience a generation gap. 2:It is heartles of him to say such a thing to the sick man. 3:I can't think of what to say in English in this situation. 4:In order to save fuel,people are driving smaller cars. 5:Everyone spoke very quietly in order not to wake the baby. 和訳をお願いします

• ◼︎和訳をお願いします!

●日本語にしてください。 "Not since the days when Socrate strode the marketplace in order to alert this follows that the unexamined life is not worth living, and when Diogenes took up residence in a barrel in order to make a somewhat different point about the nature of the good life, had the world seen a philosopher so dedicated to his quest as *Spinoza." *スピノザ(オランダの哲学者)

• 和訳をお願いします。

Pericles' Funeral Oration 431 BC: "...In the fighting, they thought it more honourable to stand their ground and suffer death than to give in and save their lives. So they fled from the reproaches of men, abiding with life and limb the brunt of battle, and in a small moment of time, the climax of their lives, a culmination of glory, not of fear, were swept away from us." 後半が分かりません。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 和訳教えてください

和訳教えてください 1)On going into a dark room from the light, we see very little. 2)There is no telling of the beauty of snow crystals. 3)I can't help feeling proud of being a Japanese 4)As for me, i'm not used to farm life yet. 5)Taking awalk in the suburbs, we were caught in a shower. 6)Not listening to the teacher carefully , i was at loss which passage to read. 7)The girl, looking up shyly, asked me to buy some matches. よろしくお願いします